The Sacred Birthday (Part 1)

For the Sake of Assasination Classroom Movie Premiere
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: Hi guys! Today is a special day! Yup! It's May 9th, Yamada Ryosuke's birthday! Today and tomorrow, I'm gonna post a double update to comemmorate both Ryosuke's and Mirai's birthday! It's a two part chapter special. In order to keep the story in line with the timeline of this fic, the birthday timing in this story is Yamashi's 22nd birthday, which happened last year, lol. So yeah, enjoy this update! :D

 

One casual day around the end of April, Ryosuke had invited Chinen, Yuto, and Kamiki to his place. He had prepared a huge white board and some colored markers.

Ryosuke: (makes a final sign with his marker on the white board in his living room) and that’s how we’re going to conduct the surprise party for Mirai-chan!

Chinen: So you’re finally admitting that you’re dating Mirai-chan? (Smirks and nudges Ryosuke’s shoulder continuously)

Ryosuke: I AM NOT! WE NEVER DATED!

Yuto: Then what’s with this whole surprise thing you’re conducting for her birthday?

Ryosuke: We’re friends! Duh! Am I not allowed to do that?!

Kamiki: Yet you’re being so detailed on everything. Starting from her favorite dishes, to her favorite sweets, her favorite color, her favorite anime, the things that she wanted at the moment… (Counts with his hand as he pointed at several marks at the board)

Ryosuke: Well, I’ve known her for a while to know about all those things

Yuto: Actually, he’s in constant contact with Haruna-chan to provide him with all the information

Ryosuke: (blushes hard then throws the eraser of the board at Yuto)

Yuto: ITTE!

Ryosuke: Besides, our birthday is only a day apart. So I’m celebrating her birthday with my own birthday at the same time

Chinen: You wouldn’t be suspicious of the probability of us making a surprise plan for you?

Ryosuke: That’s why I needed to invite you guys here. To coordinate! If you’re planning to make a surprise for me, then you shouldn’t interfere with the plan I have prepared

Kamiki: Why does it have to be in my place, though?

Ryosuke: Because you have the biggest apartment compare to all of us. Plus, you’re not a Johnnys

Kamiki: Hey! Now you’re just being racist!

Ryosuke: Agency’s has nothing to do with races you doof. Your agency won’t really go crazy if someone happens to spot Mirai-chan and the girls coming to your apartment (turns at Chinen) So Chinen, have you contacted Umika-chan?

Chinen: Way ahead of ya. We’ve devised a scheme to make Mirai-chan come to Kamiki’s apartment that day

 

Ryosuke: So Mirai-chan agreed to come?

Chinen: Well, I’m still waiting for Umika’s reply now. She might be asking her today.

Ryosuke: Great

Then Ryosuke’s phone beeps. It was a new message.

Ryosuke: Listen, I need to meet up with…. Uh…. (Though for a moment) With someone really urgently right now. I’ll come back here soon

Ryosuke took his coat with him and disappeared behind his apartment door.

Yuto: (turns at Kamiki then shrugs) He’s probably meeting up with Haruna-chan to get more information about Mirai-chan

Kamiki: (shivers) He’s creepy

Chinen: (smirks) By the way…. Yama-chan is leaving us inside his apartment

Yuto: Oh no… (makes a frantic face) Don’t think about doing anything—

Chinen: Let’s dig into his room and find some embarrassing stuff about him! Muahahahaha (cackled maniacally)

Kamiki: We could use them to threaten him at certain situation! (cackles back)

Yuto: Guys… I don’t think it’s a good idea to do that!

But the two boys proceeded with their evil plan anyway.

Before he and Kamiki proceed to Ryosuke’s room, Chinen’s phone beep.

Chinen: Aw man! Talk about a good timing!

Chinen checked it, and it was from Umika. He reluctantly accepted the phone call.

Chinen: This better be important because you just disturbed me from doing something really, reeaaally important!

Umika: CHINEEEEEEEEEEN!

Chinen: (immediately distances his phone from his ear) WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU MAN? YOU ALMOST BROKE MY EARDRUM!

Umika: THIS IS BAAD

Chinen: What is it?!

Umika: Mirai-chan is going to LA on her birthday!

Chinen: EEEEEEHHH?!!

Yuto & Kamiki: EH?! What’s wrong?!

 

 

********

 

 

Ryosuke got off a cab carefully. It was the beginning of spring, so the winter breeze was still lurking around Tokyo. He was wearing a coat, a beanie, a huge scarf, and a mask to cover his face. He went inside a small café, and walked over to an exclusive table he had booked. There was a girl, already waiting for him in that seat, also in a full disguise.

Ryosuke: (clears his throat and leans at the girl) What was the pattern of the original underwear that Kindaichi Hajime uses as a special weapon to get Miyuki in Kindaichi Neo episode 3?

Haruna: (surprised) Yamada-kun, do we really need to make that as the secret password to confirm my identity?

Ryosuke: (grits his teeth) Just answer it

Haruna: (looks around then opens the mask briefly that was covering her face) It’s me!

Ryosuke: I need to make sure it’s really you

Haruna: (rolls her eyes in annoyance then heave a long sigh) It was a pink underwear with a yellow rubber duck pattern (blushes)

Ryosuke: (heave a sigh of relief) Good. I had to do that in case Chinen or Hikaru-kun is pranking on me

Haruna: But I already showed my face to you earlier!

Ryosuke: Anyway, did you bring it with you?

Haruna: (nodded. She looked around her surrounding, before taking out a piece of paper from inside her bag) This is all I have…

Ryosuke read the heading of the paper. It was definitely Mirai’s schedule for the next month. He examined the table that was presented there, studying each and every date and hour.

Haruna: There’s just one problem (bit her lip nervously as she pointed at a date on the table of the schedule) Mirai-senpai will be in Los Angeles for Tomorrowland’s World Premiere during that date…

Ryosuke: (eyes widen as he caught the date and spontaneously slammed his hands on top of the table) WHAT?!

All eyes inside the café turned at him.

Ryosuke: (surprised to find all the pairs of eyes gazing at his direction) What an amazing day today, isn’t it Arioka? Hahahaha

Haruna: (frowns) Arioka?!!

Ryosuke: (gave a death glare at Haruna and kicked on her foot)

Haruna: ITTE! (immediately clears and made her voice sounded boyish) Ah… it’s an amazing day indeed, Ryoko-chan…hahaha (laughs dryly and made a face back at Ryosuke)

Ryosuke: (glare at Haruna in annoyance. But then, he notices the other pairs of eyes were back to their own businesses, so he went back to their conversation) Are you sure she’s in LA during that date?

Haruna: (nods) Positive. She had bragged me about going to LA during her birthday several times

Ryosuke: Aw man….. (slumps back in disappointment)

Haruna: (suddenly felt bad. But then she looks up at Ryosuke) But hey, you can always plan a surprise for her after she return from Tomorrowland, right?

Ryosuke: (stares at Mirai’s schedules again) But I really want to experience the changing day of our birthday (looks down) Besides, the rest of the week after that she’s gonna be super busy for Tomorrowland promo in Japan…

Haruna: I’m sorry Yamada-kun… there’s nothing else I can do about this

Ryosuke: (sigh) Hey, you don’t have to be sorry (looks up at Haruna and gave her a big smile) I’m the one who should be sorry for causing you so much trouble. I should be thanking you for willing to do all this for me

Haruna: (blushes and looks away) N-no… really… it was nothing

Ryosuke: (folds Mirai’s schedule in his hand then puts in his coat jacket) I’ll think of something about this. Thanks again for the help. I have to go now

Ryosuke stood up from his seat and gave a final tap on Haruna’s head, before he left the café.

Haruna blushed again. She didn’t realize when it started, but at some point in their friendship Ryosuke had began tapping on her head occasionally when she accomplishes something, or when they were parting goodbye to eachother. It might’ve been a normal gesture from Ryosuke for someone who he considers as a little sister, but for Haruna, those gestures really made her stomach flutter and sick at the same time.

Haruna: (stares at Ryosuke’s disappearing figure behind the door and clenches her chest) Yapari, this is gonna be harder than I thought….

 

 

********

 

 

Back at Ryosuke’s apartment…

Umika: How are we gonna break the news to Yamada-kun??

Chinen: You tell him!

Umika: No you tell him! You’re his friend and virtual girlfriend!

Chinen: I am not his girlfriend! I just go to dates with him a lot!

Umika: Oh yeah? That explains a lot! So you guys are just eating buddies!

Chinen: Hey you and Mirai-chan go on dates almost everyday too!

Umika: Well girls always do those kind of stuff anyway! We’re BFFs!

Chinen: Oh now you’re just being ist! Guys can do those stuff too ya know!

Meanwhile, Yuto and Kamiki could only watch Chinen screaming at his phone in confusion.

Yuto: I think I manage to catch the general situation

Kamiki: Yeah

Yuto: So does that mean we don’t have to do all those? (points at the plan that was drawn by Ryosuke on his whiteboard)

Kamiki: Yeah

Yuto: (shrugs) Let’s play Biohazard!

Kamiki: HELL YEAH!

The two boys then immediately Ryosuke’s PS4 and monitor, then began busy playing their game.

Umika: Stop avoiding the subject! You have to tell Yamada-kun!

Chinen: I can’t!

Umika: Why not?!

Chinen: Because I can’t let that kid down again! I’ve done enough damage in my several attempt to help him!

DHAAAAAAAAK!

Suddenly, Ryosuke’s apartment door opened. Ryosuke appeared, huffing and looking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter