Highschool Memories

For the Sake of Assasination Classroom Movie Premiere
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ryosuke brought Mirai to a small cozy restaurant at one lonely district nearby. The building was an urban infill, dense and small. The facade of the building was so minimalistic, Mirai would never guessed it was a restaurant if it didn’t have a huge sign of it’s name at the door. As they entered the building, the interior was decorated in a vintage style. Mirai’s eyes glinted in awe. The walls were exposed bricks, and the lights were dim, giving it a nice sense of warmth and comfort in the middle of the cold night. Mirai had no idea this place ever existed. She didn’t realize she had instinctively stroll around the place, when she noticed she was alone. She looked back and found Ryosuke was talking to the owner. They seemed really friendly, as if they have been friends for some time.

As he caught Mirai’s eyes, Ryosuke paced towards her, then led her to one of his favorite spot. It was near the window, and the window has a nice view of the city lights.

Mirai: Suda-kun was right. You do have a really good caffee reference (smiles in amusement)

Ryosuke grinned back. Then his stomach rumbled loudly. Mirai gave him a look.

Ryosuke: Let’s order. I’m starving (winces)

Mirai laughed, then nodded.

The two made their order, and Ryosuke ordered two servings. As soon as the food came, he globbed everything like there is no tomorrow. But then, Mirai’s food came. They were two larger servings of ramen. Ryosuke’s eyes widen at Mirai.

Mirai: What? (glares back) I’m hungry

Then Mirai devoured her own food in excitement.

Ryosuke: Surprisingly you have such a great appetite (laughs) Like seriously, how do those food even managed to fit in your... (scrunches his brows thinking of the right word to describe his thought) ... tiny body?

Mirai: (slurps on her ramen, then shrugs) It’s a mistery. Even for myself.

Ryosuke: It’s blackholes. (nods to himself) You have blackholes in your stomach. Those food were immediately transfered to another dimension.

Mirai laughed. Then, they continued their meal as conversations began to flow naturally and freely.

Mirai: Ne, Yama-chan. Your movie became a huge hit. You must’ve gotten so many bonus for that

Ryosuke: (laughs) Yeah… I didn’t expect it would go that big

Mirai: Random question (clears , then she clenched her right palms as if it were a mike and pointed it at Ryosuke) What are you planning to do with the money?

Ryosuke: (grins at Mirai’s cute antic) 70% of it will be for my little sister.

Mirai: Eh? (startled) Your little sister? Misaki-chan, isn’t it?

Ryosuke: Yeah. Wow, you still remember her

Mirai: You talked about her too much during our TGQ days. How can I ever forget?

Ryosuke: Really? I did?

Mirai: Do you mean for her education money? But isn’t she only two years younger than us?

Ryosuke: Actually, the truth is, she’s been in and out of the hospital ever since I can remember.

Mirai’s expressions changed upon the news.

Mirai: She’s sick? (her eyes widen in surprise) I’m so sorry, I didn’t know...

Ryosuke: Don’t worry,it’s not that serious. Her doctor said that she’s okay now, but she’s not fully recovered yet. I want to make sure that she gets the best treatment she can get in the country, so she can finally have a peaceful normal life.

Mirai: Awww.... that’s very nice of you, Yama-chan. That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard. I wish I can have a brother like you!

Ryosuke: (smiles shortly) Misaki-chan... though she have been in and out of the hospital for years, she never complained. Not even once. And her smile, her soothing sincere smile, it always shoves away my tiredness from busy schedules. So I had to see her everyday to motivate me.

Mirai: Eh.... your little sister seems to be a really cool person. Can I visit her someday?

Ryosuke: Of course you can! Misaki-chan would be delighted. She’s a fan of yours.

Mirai: Really? She is?

Ryosuke: But there might be scandals again, so you’d better be careful.

Mirai: Don’t worry. I’ve learnt disguising techniques from an expert

Ryosuke: (smirks) You mean Inoo-chan? He’s the expert?

The two of them burst out laughing. It took some time for them to recover from the laugh.

Mirai: Ne, Yama-chan... can I ask you something else?

Ryosuke: Sure. What is it?

Mirai: I watched your show and heard about the girl fight incident in higschool. How come you never told me?

Ryosuke: Ah, you're going to that topic now? (laughs) Um, we only started talking to eachother recently, you might wanna remember that.

Mirai: Right...

Ryosuke: .......?

Mirai: Well, you can still tell me about it now?

Ryosuke: What is it to talk about?

Mirai: That whole story was just a cover, isn’t it? It wasn’t the only reason why you stopped talking to girls in class.

Ryosuke: .... I’ve been caught red handed (grins)

But Mirai still had her serious expression plastered on her face.

Mirai: Why are you avoiding girls in highschool? Including me?

Ryosuke: There was a point where I just can’t. Getting close to a girl is a trouble for me.

Mirai: Was it about Mariya-chan?

Ryosuke’s eyes slightly widen at Mirai, taken aback.

Mirai: You felt bad because she had to be expelled because of the scandal, weren’t you?

Ryosuke was hesitating to answer it. But then, he heaved a long sigh.

Ryosuke: I was confused. I couldn’t do anything about it. My agency had a stronger influence, and they eventually agreed to move her out of the school without my consent. It was unfair that she was the only one who has to bear the consequences. And not to mention the mean bashes on the internet towards her. It was too cruel.

Mirai: We were all confused and guilty. None of us managed to do anything about it

Ryosuke: We’ve met eachother during middle school, she had always been so kind. When every other girl decided to keep their distance from me due to my cold treatment, Mariya treated me so nicely instead. She talks to me during lunch, she asks stuff about me, asking me how I was doing, treating me like a real friend. She even invited me for a meal--

Mirai: That’s because she has a crush on you

Ryosuke: (frowns then chuckles) No she doesn’t. Why would such a pretty, tall, and talented girl like her be crushing over a shorty goofball like me? Those kind of stories only happens in a shoujo manga.

Mirai: Yes she does. Everyone else in class knows that besides you.

Ryosuke refused to believe this, but Mirai's gaze made him confused. There was a pause.

Ryosuke: Well, whatever happened back then, I’m glad she managed to get back on her feet, and even she managed to grow as an artist now.

Mirai: Yeah... (smiles) Sometimes she calls us girls out and she seems really happy with her life now

Ryosuke: Good to know (smiles) I only met her on some music shows, and that’s just a glimpse of her only. We never talked again ever since the scandal.

Mirai: You should try talking to her sometime.

Ryosuke: Maybe I should

They exchanged smiles. Then there was another pause.

Ryosuke: Then, how has it been going between you and Ryu?

Mirai: You mean Miki-kun?

Ryosuke: Yeah...

Mirai: (shrugs) It’s been good...

Ryosuke: So what are you guys to eachother, anyway?

Mirai: Of course we’re friends. Why would you be asking that?

Ryosuke: Friends? Really? Don’t you both liked eachother?

Mirai: No way! (laughs) We’re pure friends. I’ve known Miki-kun for years, and I can never see Miki-kun more than that. Besides, I’m definitely not his type.

Ryosuke: You can say that for now, but you’ll never know what will happen in the future, right? (grins teasingly at her)

Mirai: You’re not seriously teasing me with him are you? Come on! The three of us have been friends for the longest time! Well... if we count out the parts where you don't even talk to me in highschool (sulks)

Ryosuke: Okay, okay, I’m stopping (raises both hands in defeat) No need to get mad (laughs)

Mirai gave him a final glare of warning.

Ryosuke: Jya... then what about Suda-kun?

Mirai: Suda-kun?

Ryosuke: Seems like he’s fond of you. I can see how he really respects you as an actress.

Mirai: He does?

Ryosuke: Yeah. I think you guys look cute with eachother. Both of you are great actors

Mirai: (laughs) I don’t think Suda-kun would be interested in any kinds of relationship at the moment. Besides, we’re bros. No breaking the bro code with emotions, bro!

Ryosuke: (laughs) You haven’t changed the slightest bit, have you?

Mirai: Eh?

Ryosuke: Back then I thought you have transformed into such a lady, I couldn’t even talk to you. But turns out, you’re still the boyish indifferent Mirai-chan I know since elementary school

Mirai: (burst out laughing) A lady?? How in the world did you manage to assume that

Ryosuke: (shrugs) I guess the whole Shokojo Seira thing changed your entire image

Mirai: Maybe... (shrugs. But then abruptly turns at Ryosuke) Wait, you watched Shokojo Seira??

Ryosuke: I may have joined my mom and my sisters when they watched it at home (scratches his head)

Mirai: I was nothing like that at all, na?

Ryosuke: (nods in agreement) Yeah. No wonder you’re still single by now... (laughs teasingly) You’re litterally friendzoning every guy in your life

Mirai: Oh yeah? You’re pretty much single yourself!

Ryosuke: Hey, I’m a Johnny’s. I can’t help it. It’s a whole different case.

Mirai: Says the boy who couldn’t even say a word to his girl co-star (laughs)

Ryosuke: Hey! How did you--?

Mirai: Fukuda Mayuko and I are close friends, you know. And Haruna-chan is my kouhai. You almost got her traumatized during the Hong Kong SP (laughs)

Ryosuke: Hey, I interacted with Mayuko-chan!

Mirai: Right, right! You actually did. Then Haruna-chan is a different case is she? Are you nervous around her?

Ryosuke: No, no, no. It’s not like that at all!

Mirai: Then, how about Haruna-chan? What do you think of her? (grins teasingly) She’s cute, isn’t she?

Ryosuke: I thought she would be more... the mature and calm type of girl. Maybe that's how her modelling image had left an impression in me. But she’s nothing like that at all (laughs)

Mirai: Eh? You actually thought that? Well how is she then?

Ryosuke: She’s the total opposite. She’s dorky, she’s an airhead, that can sometimes gets on your nerve (laughs) And those times when she’s being herself in front of everyone makes you wanna say, “ah, kawaii”

Mirai: (laughs) Yeah, she’s a total airhead

Ryosuke: But she’s really nice and thoughtful. She’s the type to give small caring gestures to people around her. She seems to notice my tight schedules during Kindaichi Neo, I was also doing a movie shoot, PV shoot, single recordings, concert preparations, and some TV appearance. But then I also had to memorize my long lines in Kindaichi, so everyday was work, I barely sleep. She always notices this and reminded me to sleep and take some rest. She even brought me some vitamins and even lunch at times, just so I don't forget to have meals in between switching working place

“That’s because she likes you.” Mirai had the urge to blurt those facts out. But she couldn’t. Haruna would kill her if she did.

Mirai: (smiles) Yeah, that’s definitely the Haruna-chan I know. Is that why you eventually open up to her?

Ryosuke: I guess so (shrugs)

Mirai: But still... you around girls (laughs)

Ryosuke: Alright, alright! I’m just a shy person. There, you happy? Enough about me, okay?

Mirai laughed in contentment upon Ryosuke’s desperate reaction. They

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter