Conference Aftermath

For the Sake of Assasination Classroom Movie Premiere
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

As Ryosuke grabbed the mike, the moderator of the conference stood up to interfere.

Ryosuke: Please sit down moderator-san, I’ll take it from here

Ryosuke took some time to examine his surrounding. The audience suddenly became silent upon seeing Ryosuke on top of the stage with mike in his hand. He saw some guards approaching closer to the girl who had thrown the rock earlier. She was resisting from their grip, but the guards were way stronger than she is.

Ryosuke: Officer, stop!

The officers turned at Ryosuke in surprise.

Ryosuke: Don’t arrest her. Bring her closer here instead, so everyone can see

The officers seemed hesitant at first, but they eventually obeyed to his orders and brought the girl closer to the stage. But they stopped below the stage to keep the girl on a safe distant from Ryosuke.

Ryosuke locked his eyes straight at the girl’s eyes. She was really young, probably around Haruna’s age. Her eyes were glinted in a mixture of fear, despair, and anger. Everyone was expecting a vengeful treatment from Ryosuke. But instead, his eyes softened at her. He was feeling rather pitiful for her.

Girl: (began sobbing) Please don’t hate me… I’m really sorry…

Ryosuke: Why did you throw that rock at Haruna-chan?

Girl: (slightly surprised) I… I didn’t know. I guess I was really angry and annoyed…

Ryosuke: Why are you angry?

Girl: W….well… that’s because, she’s always so annoying and flirtatious towards Yamada-kun… she’s obviously trying to get your attention. Even now she—

Ryosuke: And then what? (cuts her sentence off) If she really does act that way, does she deserve to be thrown by a rock and get injured?

Girl: …..

Ryosuke: Ne, do you have a guy friend that is dear to you?

Girl: (nods)

Ryosuke: Did anyone throw a rock at you whenever you go near him, simply greeting him or talks to him?

Girl: (shakes her head)

Ryosuke: How would you feel if someone does that?

Girl: (realizing her stupidity, she sobs even harder as she closes her eyes) I didn’t mean to…

Ryosuke: Apologize

Girl: I’m really sorry Yamada-kun…

Ryosuke: Not to me. To Haruna-chan.

Girl: (looks up in surprise. But then she turned at Haruna as she sobbed harder) I’m sorry Haruna-chan….

Haruna: …. (nods at the girl awkwardly) It’s okay now…

Ryosuke: Does anyone else in this room has the same feeling as she does? (turns at the people at the conference)

Ryosuke: Of course no one would admit it. (chuckles) I appreciate this girl here for telling us how she feels bluntly. You people would only just say things on our backs and bashes us on the internet where no one would know who you are. If you’re brave enough to say bad things about the three of us without any clear basis, then just come and say it right in front of our faces! This is the time, while we’re all here!

Ryosuke: (takes a deep breath) I’m really sorry for my outburst, but I’m trying to convey my feelings here to all of you. These past weeks had been really hard for the three of us, and I just wanted to clear things out before things get even worse in the media.

Then one of the reporters at the front row walked closer towards the stage.

Reporter: Yamada-san, what would you say regarding your rumored relationship with Shida-san and Kawaguchi-san?

Ryosuke: (shift his glare in slight annoyance) You who had created this mess in the first place, please shut up.

Reporter: I beg your pardon?? (surprised)

Ryosuke: I’m sorry lady, but you have no right to say anything in here. (turns at the rest of the audience) This all goes to all the media people. If you haven’t listen to the entire story, please don’t recklessly create a provocative headline that would cause a huge misunderstanding. I’m not here to serve you people and give any juicy details that would support your ridiculous headings. I’m here for my fans. To tell them the truth.

Some of the media people got rather irritated and was provoked to move closer. But, as if on cue, the guards of the conference made their way to create a barricade for them from getting any closer to Ryosuke.

Moderator: Go ahead Yamada-san, tell them what you need to tell them! (suddenly becomes supportive)

Ryosuke: Ah… thank you (slightly surprised but then nods thankfully. He then turns back at the audience) I had invited Mirai-chan and Haruna-chan to my movie premiere, because they are both a dear friend to me. They were also a fan of the manga, so I decided they deserve the ticket premiere. Despite knowing the risks, they agreed to come to support me. This is purely an act of friendship, nothing more and nothing less.

Yuto: (stood up from his seat) that’s true. They’re both good friends to all of us JUMP members.

Then, Mirai broke of from her guard and made her way towards Ryosuke’s side at stage. She grabbed one of the mikes.

Mirai: Yama-chan and I have been good friends ever since we met eachother in middle school, and we will continue to become good friends. And so is Haruna-chan and Yama-chan, we’re all good friends too. If anyone has a problem with that, I don’t mind getting all the bash and hate. It’s not worth to ruin our friendship. I hope my fans can accept that, and respect my friends as much as they respect me.

Once again, the room turned dead silent. Ryosuke turn his direction at Mirai. They shared silent look to eachother, before they both broke off to a friendly smile.

Fan: WE SUPPORT YOU ALL!

Suddenly a fan screamed out in the middle of the room. Then out of nowhere, there was a slow clapping sound from one corner of the audience of the conference, followed by some other.

Mirai's eyes widen upon seeing a colorful uchiwa amongs the audience that said "YAMADA x SHIDA JUST GET MARRIED ALREADY". As if it wasn't enough of a shock to her, the fan screamed it out loud.

Fan: JUST GET MARRIED YOU TWO! WE DON'T MIND AT ALL!

Mirai instinctively stole a glance at Ryosuke, who was also doing the same thing at her. They both looked down in embarassment.

Soon, the room was filled with growing supports coming from the fans, and also some murmured apologies directed towards them.

In a blink of an eye, you could say that the scandal and misunderstanding had somehow relieved.

The moderator then decided to join in and took another mike that wasn’t used.

Moderator: Ma, I guess now that everything is settled, then we should end this conference. (nods at both Ryosuke and Mirai)

Ryosuke: (nods back) And one last thing. (turns back at the audience) Next time, please, if you really do respect us as your idols, please trust us more than the media. Don’t assume anything that doesn’t get any clarification from our mouth. And it’s not just for JUMP and Mirai-chan and Haruna-chan, but also for any other scandal issues that happens to any public figures out there. Thank you.

After concluding the conference, Ryosuke placed the mike back to its place. He nodded meaningfully at Mirai and motions at her to go back to her place while giving her a reassuring smile. Mirai’s face was full of worries but Chie had rushed to pick her up from her place.

Ryosuke was walking back to the rest of his band members, when he felt a stinging pain at the back of his head, suddenly remembering having an injury there. His hand instinctively went through the wound and felt the trail of blood. Seeing the blood in his hand, his feet weakened as his visions started to distort.

The JUMP members rushed up to him upon seeing this, but a guard had already caught his back from falling. He could faintly hear screams and shouts in his surrounding but his ears pounded.

Then, the rest of the conference become a blur in his memory.

 

 

******

 

 

At the hospital…

Hikaru: Is he dead? Can he hear us?

Daiki: His eyes are wide open, baka! (smacks Hikaru’s head) He’s even sitting to face us!

Yuto: How are you feeling? Does your head still hurt?

Ryosuke: I’m totally fine. (laughs) And yes I’m alive, and I can totally hear you Hikaru-kun (makes a sceptic look)

Hikaru: Ah, so he’s alive after all

Keito: There’s no way you’re totally fine! (makes an overly concerned face as he leans closer to Ryosuke)

Ryosuke: You’re being overdramatic (laughs, shoving Keito back) It wasn’t serious. This whole hospitalizing wasn’t necessary in the first place

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter