Settling Feelings

For the Sake of Assasination Classroom Movie Premiere
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Masaki had dragged Mirai to his car on the parking area, opening the door of his car for her like a gentleman and drove swiftly out of there. Mirai didn’t feel like talking, so she just sat there, looking at a distance from her side window.

Masaki: Are you okay?

Mirai: ……

Masaki: Mirai-chan? (Nudged at Mirai)

Mirai: Eh? (Startled, turning at Masaki)

Masaki: Are you okay?

Mirai: (laughs) I’m fine. Why wouldn’t I be?

Masaki: You seemed a little flustered

Mirai: I’m not. I guess I’m just… tired.

Masaki: You weren’t really in a hurry were you?

Mirai: Eh?

Masaki: If you were in a hurry, you would’ve at least came into the room and greeted him. You suddenly felt uncomfortable, didn’t you?

Mirai’s eyes slightly widen. But then she eventually didn’t answer.

Masaki: Come. Let’s have a talk somewhere while we eat.

Mirai: EH??? I thought you were in a hurry??

Masaki: (grins at Mirai) you’re not the only one who lied.

 

 

********

 

 

Mirai was brought to a small restaurant that was quiet far from the city. Seems like the owner of the restaurant was quiet familiar with Masaki, so without saying anything further, he made sure they could have their conversation and meal peacefully without being recognized by random citizens in a private secluded place. Though the section was secluded, it has an exclusive scenery of the city at the second floor.

Mirai: Wow …. (Fawning over the scenery) I never knew a place like this existed

Masaki: (chuckled) Beautiful, huh? I’ve only known this place for a while. Ryosuke told me about it.

Mirai: Eh? (Turns at Masaki) Yama-chan?

Masaki: (nods) apparently he has a hobby caffee hopping.

Mirai: (laughs) Yeah, I keep hearing

Masaki: He knows a lot of amazing and unique eating places. You should hang out with him a lot for preferences.

Mirai was too busy admiring the view outside the window, she had forgotten to take a seat. Masaki motions at Mirai to take a seat across the table from him. She followed his motion and sat. They made their orders then waited.

Mirai didn’t want Masaki to read her atmosphere again, so she decided to start a conversation.

Mirai: You seem to be in a really good term with the rest of JUMP members

Masaki: Oh yeah. Ryosuke introduced them all to me during one of our movie screening, when they were being their alter ego, “Sensations”, and performed their single for the movie soundtrack.

Mirai: That was before the national premiere?

Masaki: Yup. They were super friendly and fun. Who wouldn’t be friends with them?

Mirai: Yeah… (nods as she smiles) Although, when they’re together, they can be extremely ridiculous and nonsense at times

Masaki: (laughs) Agree. Moreover, I got cast in Yuto’s upcoming movie, Pink and Gray

Mirai: Really? (surprise) You have the exact same fate as Haruna-chan!

Masaki: You mean being co-starred with Ryosuke and Yuto consecutively? (chuckles) Yeah. I can’t wait to work with Yuto-kun next.

The food they ordered finally came, so they continued their conversation as they eat.

Mirai: So… what was it like, working with Yama-chan?

Masaki: It was pretty much like how I felt when working with you for the first time

Mirai: Eh? What do you mean?

Masaki: (slurps on his drink) Remember the first time we met, during the first shooting of Hammer Session?

Mirai: Yeah…

Masaki: It was one of my very first drama, and I remembered knowing you as a veteran actress who started acting since you were really young. I admired a lot of your work, so it felt surreal to be finally be able to work in the same frame as you

Mirai: Really? You really thought so?

Masaki: Yeah. Well, working with Ryosuke also felt that way. I’ve been watching him ever since I was small on screen. I remembered seeing him perform a duet with Yuto when they were around 13 years old, and I thought, “Man, this kid is really talented. He’s definitely going to be huge”. My prediction was right. From then on he kept appearing on screen, getting better and better each time he does. I had no idea I was going to be his co-star a few years later. So if you ask me what it was like working with him, I’d say it still felt unreal for me.

Mirai: Wow… you just sounded like you were starstrucked (laughs)

Masaki: Maybe I was. (laughs) But I was glad I got a chance to befriend him. He’s a real talent, but really down to earth. What amuses me though, despite having such a beautiful face, he’s surprisingly full of muscles and manliness inside.

Mirai: Okay… now you’re starting to sound weird. (raises her brows, teasingly giving him a disgusted look)

Masaki: Hey, don’t take this the wrong way! (laughs) I’m just sharing out my thoughts about him. You were the one who asked me questions first. Anyway, I can totally understand why girls dig him.

Masaki caught Mirai’s eyes upon saying those words. Mirai only smiled in response. She didn’t really have anything to say for that statement.

Mirai: Suda-kun had grown so much into a great actor though. Despite having a different start from me and Yama-chan, you’ve reached quiet a high level as an actor now. I was quiet proud to see you grow.

Masaki: Really? You really think so? (looks up at Mirai and smiles) Thank you. That means a lot coming from you

Mirai nodded then smiles back.

Masaki: You guys went to the same highschool, right? You and Ryosuke?

Mirai: Yeah… (nods excitedly)

Masaki: During our filming, at the boy’s dormitory, sometimes we talk about highschool, since most of the cast members were still highschoolers. Ryosuke mentions some stories from his highschool life too.

Mirai: Really? He does? (laughs)

Masaki: Yeah. It makes me wonder sometimes. How was he at school?

Mirai: He was so different at school. He always wears baggy uniforms and thick glasses. He was one of the busiest student in our class, so we barely see him. When he does appear in class, he always choose to sit at the very corner, and barely interacted with the others. Well, he gets along with the boys, but he doesn’t talk to girls at all.

Masaki: Was it because of the girl fight incident?

Mirai: Eh? (surprised) You knew?

Masaki: I was in the same show when he told the entire nation about that incident! (laughs)

Mirai: Oh! Right! Yeah, you were there. (laughs) Anyway, he changed a little on the second grade. He starts interacting with girls and socializes a lot to different classes. He became quiet more popular by then. But, he still distanced himself from girls nevertheless. I guess he’s just… shy.

Masaki: But you guys seems to be in good terms

Mirai: Eh?

Masaki: I mean you and Ryosuke. You were friends since the end of elementary school year, right? And you even attended his movie premiere. Maybe you were an exception

Mirai choked a bit on her chewing, but she immediately recovered after taking a gulp of drink.

Masaki: Did I say something wrong?

Mirai: No, I wasn’t an exception. (shakes her head) Besides, Haruna-chan also attended the premiere. Truthfully speaking, we weren’t that close back in highschool. But recently we reconciled. Since he knew I was a fan of Assasination Classroom. It was all thanks to Haruna-chan. She somehow made us became friends again (laughs)

Masaki: (shrugs) Then maybe the two of you are an exception

Mirai became silent. She slurps her drink more.

Masaki: Is that what was bothering you back at the hospital?

Mirai: (chokes again) Eh?

Masaki: You were bothered by the view you saw inside the room, right?

Masaki caught Mirai’s eyes upon asking the question. They became silent, eye to eye, before Mirai broke off and looked down.

Mirai: I don’t know… (sighs) I’m not really sure why…

Masaki: Since, you don’t know why, you should find out why

Mirai: Eh? What do you mean?

Masaki: Trust me. I’ve had those feelings before. That time, I decided to run away. But now, I wished I hadn’t. When I d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter