Chapter Four

Storm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            The clouds dominate the sky celebrating their victory against the stars with wine, the excess falling from above in the form of raindrops. Despite the victory of the clouds, the moon ceases surrender as it illuminates the mortal world.

            We put on our coats and enter the night. I place my right arm over YoungJi’s shoulders, bringing her close to me. My heart pounds as I feel her hand settle along my hip. The air is cold and crisp as we walk down the street, with only our umbrella shielding us from the drizzling rain.

            The world sleeps as we make our way down the street. Unlike the rest, our bodies are alive and burning.

            “Feels good right?” I ask YoungJi. “I thought we both needed to cool down after that.”           

            I pucker my lips to remind her of our kiss, hoping she’d rise up on the balls of her feet and place a kiss onto my waiting lips like in the dramas. But instead of her lips I find two fingers pinching my lips together, flattening them into an unattractive duck face. My eyes dart to YoungJi who is already laughing. My hands dash to return the favor as I struggle to get a hold of her luscious lips. Our laughter fills the sleeping street with life and love. Swept up in our lip pinching our fallen umbrella went unnoticed. The rain did its damage as YoungJi’s hair and clothes clung to her body.

            As the drizzle became heavier, we decide to head back to the house

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter