Chapter Twenty Three

Storm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            Nerves and uncertainty dance through us as we spot my manager. Entering the safety of the van, YoungJi and I sit silently in the backseat. YoungJi has pulled out her phone, sifting through the articles and hateful comments. I watch her finger scroll endlessly, my fists clenching as I read the words.

            Heo YoungJi is a .

            !

            Leave him! You are nothing compared to our oppa.

            You’re trash!

            I wrap my arm around her shoulder and pull her close.

            “Don’t read those comments. They’re just hateful and jealous people,” I say, cupping her cheek in my hand.

            Her face remains still.

            “Look on the bright side. The comments aren’t all bad. A lot of them support you.”

            Guiding her face towards me, our eyes connect. I had expected to see tears or sadness, but what I saw was strength.

            “Are you okay? I thought you’d be upset,” I ask surprised.

            “I am, but I’m fine. Of course I’ll always have haters, but like you said, I have more fans who support me.”

            YoungJi rests her head on my shoulder, her hair falling gently along her neck.

            “Look at this one,” YoungJi points.

            I love you YoungJi! I’ll support you no matter what. Your happiness is most important.

            A small smile spreads over YoungJi’s face.

            “How can they not love you,” I say softly.

            Before the van can depart, we hear a loud sputtering noise.

            “For crying out loud,” the manager moans. “The battery is dead.”

            Turning to face us, his expression is wary.

            “I’m going to take a taxi and get another van. You two will stay here until I get back.”

            “Why can’t we just take the taxi with you?” I ask.

            “I was given strict orders to keep you two out of sight. There are already reporters outside of the theater lurking around. I can’t take the chance of them spotting us.”

            “The pictures of Jackson and me have already circulated the internet. Would another article really cause more damage?” YoungJi asks.

            “Yes. It’ll add more fuel to the fire. Trust me,” the manager says.

            “Now. Wait here.”

            Jackson’s manager discreetly avoids the eyes of the prying reporters circling the outskirts of the movie theater.

            “At least we walked to the parking lot instead of having your manager pick us up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter