Chapter Nineteen

Storm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Ring. Ring. Ring.

            “Where are you? YoungJi is about to leave any second,” I shout into the phone.

            “I’m outside,” Bambam replies.

            “Wait there. I’ll come out to you, and make sure nobody sees you.”

            I peek my head out of my room and scan the perimeter. Discovering the empty living room, I tip toe towards the front door. My body freezes as I hear YoungJi’s voice in the distance. I quickly slip on my shoes and run outside to meet Bambam.

            “Hurry, over here,” I say nervously.

            I grab Bambam’s wrist, pulling him into the shadows of the house.

            “What are we doing?” Bambam laughs.

            “Shhh.”

            “Shouldn’t I say hello to the other roommates?”

            “Shush.”

            As we lurk in the darkness, YoungJi exits the house.

            “Oh. It’s YoungJi,” Bambam says excitingly.

            “Quiet,” I whisper urgently.

            Our eyes follow YoungJi, who is joined by Hyuk.

            “Wait, isn’t that Hyuk? Why is he with YoungJi?” Bambam questions.

            Hyuk smoothly opens the passenger door on his chic black vehicle. He discreetly places his hand on the small of YoungJi’s back, guiding her into the vehicle.

            “Whoa! Are they going on a date? But I thought you and YoungJi were together.”

            I shoot Bambam a quick look, which answers all of his pending questions.

            “I see. So that’s what we’re doing. We are going to follow them aren’t we?” Bambam says, laughing at the absurdity.

            “Did you at least bring the binoculars?” I ask sourly.

            Bambam hands me his binoculars, smirking in the process.

            Snatching the binoculars, I use the lenses to enhance my view of YoungJi and her so called date.

            “Oh they're driving away!” I yell.

            My feet become restless as I panic in silence. On the other hand, Bambam simply laughs, texting someone on his phone. Preoccupied with my current situation, I ignore his giggles.

            “Where is that damn taxi I called earlier?”

            As if the gods heard my concern, the taxi rolls up to the curb.

            Rolling down the window, “Are you the one who called for a taxi?”

            “Yes,” I reply.

            I sprint to the taxi, and open the door in a rush. Before I get in, my hands feel empty.

            “Looking for this?” Bambam says calmly. He waves the dropped binoculars, tossing them into my hands.

            “Sorry, and hurry up or we’re going to lose them,” I urge.

            Finally in the taxi, “Sir, please follow that black car.”

            Luckily, YoungJi and Hyuk had been stuck at a red light, allowing us to catch up with them.

            I close my eyes and clutch my hands to my chest, “Thank you heaven, for bestowing such fortunate luck to me in following my girlfriend on her ridiculous fake date with t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter