Chapter Twenty Four

Storm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            Puffs of clouds leave a trail of our passing, our adrenaline filled lungs melting the night’s iciness. YoungJi and I run hand in hand, making random left and right turns. We huddle against a small building. Utterly exhausted, we fall to the ground, entangling our limbs as we catch our breath.

            “So, Heo YoungJi. Where should we go? I’ll take you anywhere you want.”

            “Anywhere but here.”

            “Then how about we go see the ocean? We can get a small room somewhere and play.”

            “I like the sound of that,” YoungJi smiles.

            “Now, how are we going to get there?” I ask.

            “How much money do you have?” YoungJi asks.

            “I have about seventy five dollars in cash. I also have my company card, but if I use it they’ll be able to ping our location.”

            “I have one hundred and fifty dollars on me. Luckily, my mom decided to give me some extra money in case I needed it for an emergency,” YoungJi says.

            “Looks like we’re in business,” I grin.

            “Hurry and call a cab; it’s freezing,” YoungJi demands.

            “Ooh, so assertive. I love it. Hopefully that attitude will emerge in the bedroom,” I say, winking.

            YoungJi blushes wildly, shoving my shoulder.

            “What? Can’t a guy dream?” I say playfully.

            Before we know it, the cab arrives. We drive quickly into the night, our driver unknowingly assisting us in our escape.

            “Sir, do you know a place we could stay near the ocean for a cheap price?” I ask the driver.

            “Yeah, there’s a nice bed and breakfast place right on the water. Would you like me to take you there?”

            “Yes please,” YoungJi chimes.

            “Young man, have I seen you before? Something tells me I have,” the driver says suddenly.

            YoungJi and I freeze, afraid that we’ve been discovered.

            “I don’t believe so,” I choke.

            Closing my eyes, I hope this awful situation would quickly disappear.

            “Yes! I remember now! You’ve taken my taxi before, but you were with that young pretty boy. And you had a lot of binoculars and were praying in the backseat.”

            Finally able to breathe, I exhale in absolute relief.

            “Oh. Yes. You have an amazing memory,” I stutter, taking a good look at the driver.

            “Do you remember all your customers?” YoungJi asks.

            “Not usually, but when you have a customer with binoculars, praying randomly, and asking to follow the car in front of us, it’s hard to forget,” the driver laughs.

            The tension finally disperses, as we all find a good laugh at the absurdity.

            Arriving at our destination, we wave goodbye and enter the cozy hotel. Things move quickly, as we are escorted to our room and find ourselves alone. Migrating to the bed, we dip under the covers.

            “Should we take a walk on the beach? Or do you want to just stay in bed?” I ask YoungJi, who is snuggling into my shoulder.

            “What do you want to do?”

            “Other than you?” I smirk.

            “Yah. What’s wrong with you today? You are so lustful,” YoungJi says.

            “Well, it’s a bit hard to resist when the girl you love is pressed right up against you in bed.”

            Understanding the situation, YoungJi attempts to pull away, but I h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter