Chapter Twenty One

Storm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            My feet travel no more than four steps before two pairs of arms restrain me. JB and Mark forcefully pull me back into the shadows behind the safety of the black vehicle. I attempt to break free but they pin me against the side of the vehicle, desperate to see the action. Inquisitive eyes peer through and over the edges of the car, eager to satiate their curiosity.

            “Holy !” Mark gasps.

            Jaws drop as YoungJi socks Hyuk in the face. The sound of the punch echoes across the parking lot. Her hit wasn’t one of those slaps you see in the dramas, but the type of punch that draws blood. The corner of Hyuk’s mouth swells, a small trickle of red running down his chin.

            “Damn. You’ve got a strong right hook,” Hyuk says humorously.

            Bambam glances over in my direction.

            “I told you YoungJi could take of herself,” Bambam says.

            “She looks stronger than you,” JB pokes.

            Utterly focused on Hyuk and YoungJi, I tune out the group of babbling baboons.

            “What do you think you’re doing?” YoungJi yells.

            “I had too,” Hyuk says, cautiously touching his wound.

            “You had too?” YoungJi asks quizzically.

            “To see if the world would stop spinning once my lips met yours.”

            YoungJi stands silently, watching Hyuk’s expression turn softer.

            “But there was nothing. Just two friends pressing their mouths together,” Hyuk says softly.

            YoungJi begins to speak, but Hyuk interrupts her.

            “Wait. I have more to say,” Hyuk says quietly. “I get it now. The connection we have will never surpass friendship. Seeing the way Jackson looks at you, it’s different. His eyes are so intense, and full of passion. I did have feelings for you a few years ago, and I got jealous that you loved him. Honestly, I don’t know why I did half the thing I did these past few weeks. Like right now, my heart isn’t beating faster and I know yours isn’t either. I want to apologize for my behavior. Jackson is a great guy and he’s obviously in love with you. I’m sorry, YoungJi. I genuinely hope we can still be friends.”

            Hyuk’s eyes fall to the ground, awaiting YoungJi’s answer.

            “Love and jealousy makes us do crazy things. But at the end of the day, you are still one of my closest and kindest friends. Even though you are embarrassed, you had the courage and respect to tell me your feelings. Of course we will remain friends,” YoungJi smiles beautifully.

            A small smile slowly travels along Hyuk’s face. His eyes remain lowered, his demeanor shy and heartened.

            “Lift your eyes.”

            Hyuk raises his head to see YoungJi with her arms spread wide.

            “Hug please,” YoungJi requests.

            Stepping forward, YoungJi wraps her arms around Hyuk’s waist. She squeezes tightly as Hyuk encloses her into his arms. They smile sincerely, their friendship slowly mending the rough patches of their relationship.

            Suddenly, YoungJi sneezes, ending the hug.

            “Are you okay?” Hyuk asks worriedly.

            “Yeah. Just allergies.”

            “We should head back. Did you want me to drop you off at the share house?”

            “No, it’s alright. I have a ride,” YoungJi says.

            “Really? Okay. Let me wait with you until they get here then.”

            “No. You go ahead. I’m going to go grab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter