Chapter Twenty Five

Storm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            The sound of pounding and loud voices disrupts my sleep. Fogginess clouds my senses, as I register the time. 6:00am. YoungJi sleeps silently in my arms. Another bang on the door causes YoungJi to awaken.

            “Jackson Wang. Heo YoungJi. Are you in there? Come out now,” a voice demands.

            My stomach turns violently attempting to assess the situation. Still groggy from sleep, I rise to my feet.

            “Open the door right now,” the voice says.

            “Jackson, I think that’s my managers voice,” YoungJi says moving towards the door.

            “Wait, how do you know for sure?”

            YoungJi looks back at me with wary eyes.

            “What is my name?” YoungJi yells.

            I look at her utterly confused at the question.

            “My manager and I have an inside joke. Only he knows the answer to this question,” YoungJi says, clarifying the situation.

            “Choi YoungJi,” the man yells.

            “Choi YoungJi?” I ask, perplexed.

            “It’s because you called me Choi YoungJi when we were handing out coal,” YoungJi explains. “My manager thought it was hilarious and from then on he’d call me Choi YoungJi to tease me.”

            YoungJi opens the door, her manager as well as mine falling into the room.

            “Jackson, do you know how much trouble you are in?” My manager scolds.

            “I’m guessing quite a lot,” I say.

            YoungJi and I sit quietly on the foot of the bed as our managers pace around the room.

            “You know, it wouldn’t have been that bad if you had just stayed in the van like I told you. But the fact that you guys ran away, well that’s a huge scandal,” my manager says.

            “A scandal that everyone knows. Everyone’s suspicions about you two dating has been solidified through your careless act,” YoungJi’s manager continues.

            YoungJi begins to fidget in nervousness. I grab her hand, giving her as much reassurance as I can.

            “So. What are we going to do?” I ask. “But first, how did you even find us?”

            “We tracked your cell phone,” my manager says nonchalantly.

            “What the heck? Isn’t that illegal?” I ask.

            “I don’t think so?” YoungJi’s manager says uncertainly.

            “Anyway, that’s beside the point,” my manager interrupts. “What matters now is what we are going to say to those reporters outside.”

            “What?” YoungJi exclaims.

            “We thought we had been careful, but some of the reporters were secretly following us. So once they found out where we were headed, they called their buddies, who called theirs,” my manager says.

            “Ugh, well what did JYP say?” I ask nervously.

            “He said the decision is yours. JYP knows what type of person you are. If you were to go these lengths to be with this girl, he knows that it must mean a lot to you. Everyone knows how much you love JYP and Got7. Whatever happens, it’ll be your choice.”

            YoungJi looks at her manager for her company’s decision.

            “DSP has decided that the best route is to be honest about the situation. We are to come to terms with JYP Entertainment and go public. But from what I’ve just heard, if Jackson doesn’t want to announce your relationship, then we will hit a snag in our plan,” YoungJi’s manager says.

            “YoungJi, what do you want to do. I want to do what’s best for both of us,” I say squeezing her hand.

            “I don't know,” YoungJi whispers. “All I know is that I don’t want to lie.”

            “Well, I guess that only leaves on alternative,” I say.

            “I guess so.”

            YoungJi rests her head on my shoulder. I can feel her palms sweat in nervousness. Our managers now rally on how to proceed with the revealing of our relationship.

            “Maybe we should write them a speech they could recite to the reporters,” YoungJi’s manager suggests.

            “No, they’ll know we wrote it. Neither YoungJi or Jackson are good actors, they’ll know what they say is prewritten and that’ll just make the situation worse,” my manager states.

            “Let’s just go out there,” I say. “Just simply walk out there, and let the chips fall where they may.”

            YoungJi lifts her head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter