Chapter Sixteen

Storm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Snow falls delicately from the cotton clouds in the sky. On this lazy Sunday, YoungJi and I relish in each other’s company. We remain entangled; attempting to fill the lost time we walked the Earth separately. The week I spent without her moved unmercifully slow. Pulling her close, our arms and legs intertwine as we snuggle under the toasty covers. YoungJi nestles her blushing cheek into my warm chest. My fingers slide through her hair, twirling the ends. The softness feels heavenly against my skin.

            I glance at the clock. 10:00am.

            “YoungJi, let’s get ready.”

            “Just five more minutes.” YoungJi wraps her arm around my waist.

            “Only five,” I smile, poking her cheek.

            The clock moves. 10:01am.

            “YoungJi, wake up.” I poke her shoulder; followed by a trail of pokes traveling down her arm.

            Preoccupied by my adventure, a powerful poke finds it’s way into the center of my belly button.

            “Uhh,” I grunt in surprise.

            Soft giggles float through the room.

            “Heo YoungJi,” I yell.

            “Wang Jackson,” YoungJi shouts back.

            Unable to back down, we find ourselves crouched on opposite sides of the bed, fingers out in poking position. I lunge forward, my right forefinger acting as my saber. YoungJi expertly dodges my attack, rolling towards the corner of the bed. She counters by quickly jumping towards me, her finger saber aiming for my cheek. Loosing my balance, I fall on my side leaving my cheek exposed. She jumps dramatically, her finger performing a pencil dive. Adding sound effects, she successfully connects her fingertip to my vulnerable cheek.

            “I win,” YoungJi grins.

            “You got lucky. If only my foot didn’t get caught on the sheet,” I say, in attempt to defend myself.

            “Sure, Jackson,” she says.

            Grabbing some clothes off the floor, she heads to the bathroom.

            “Aren’t you going to get ready?” YoungJi asks, sassiness dripping off her tongue.

            My lips twitch.

            “I’m already changing,” I bicker, pulling my shirt off.

            My blood boils in excitement as I see her smirk and shut the door. I grab a pair of black jeans and t-shirt. After slipping them on, I wait for YoungJi. I can feel my chest pound in anticipation, feeling proud of my preparations.

            “Heo YoungJi. Are you ready for our date?” I squeal happily.

            Before I can yell at her for not answering, YoungJi exits the bathroom, stealing my breath away. Wearing a simple pair jeans and a white t-shirt, she’s absolutely mesmerizing. Her voluptuous body accented through her clothing. Hypnotized by her beauty, I stand frozen.

            “Oh. Wang Jackson. You look handsome.”

            The ice melts, as my cheeks burn at the compliment. I smile shyly, grabbing her hand. Lacing her fingers with mine, we head to the door. On the way to the car, I stop. I grab YoungJi shoulders, turning her to face me. My throat is parched, as my hands sweat in nervousness. I repeat the words over and over again in my mind, finally saying them aloud.

            “YoungJi. I just want to say that I love you. I want to make you the happiest woman in the world, and that I’m so happy that you’re my girlfriend,” I say, spilling my heart.

            My eyes fall to the ground in bashfulness. I carefully raise my gaze, as I feel YoungJi’s hands caress my face. She cups my cheeks, gently my face with her thumbs. Her eyes say a thousand words.

            “I love you too, Jackson. Or should I say my boyfriend,” she says beautifully. Lifting onto her toes, she kisses me.

            Feeling liberated, I wrap my arm around her shoulders guiding her the car.

            “Guess what? While you were busy with your schedules, I got my drivers license,” I shout joyfully.

            I do a quick happy dance, waving my hands in the air.

            “No way,” YoungJi shouts just as enthusias

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter