(SeStal) Distance

Oneshot Anthology

"The scariest thing about distance is you don't know whether they'll miss you or forget you" 

-Nicholas Sparks

 

"Yah! My bag!"

I shouted as I ran towards that guy who snatched my bag. How dare he?! Doesn't he know that I'm on a hurry? I've still got to reach the auditions at three and I'm getting late already!

"Get out of my way!" I shouted as I removed my heels quickly and ran to catch that douchebag. Hell, he runs so fast. I hate this! 

Meanwhile.. 

"Hyung.. I'll just get some coffee" Sehun said while putting his sunglasses and cap up before he hopped off the van. Looking around, he saw a man running towards his way while looking back, not seeing there, the man bumped and and the bag feel having no choice, the man groaned as he got up and ran away without the bag. 

Groaning too, Sehun picked the bag up and stood up. 

"Yah! You--" 

"You jerk!" A girl shouted before punching Sehun's stomach making him fall down on his knees down the ground. "Hun are you okay?" A man asked as soon as he noticed Sehun kneeling down the ground, helping him up, the man who helped Sehun up gave the girl an increduluous look. 

"What do you think are you doing?" The man asked and Krystal raised her brows before giving that guy a cold stare. If looks could kill, then Sehun's manager would be dead by now. "He stole my bag, wait, are you two connivance in here?" Krystal asked with a shocked tone and the eyes of Sehun's manager widened. 

"What?" He asked increduluously. "You two--" 

"Seriously we aren't" Sehun said with his face scrunched up and his hand holding on his aching stomach. "Tch, douchebags.. Do this again and I will call the police" She said and Sehun sighed before shaking his head. Rudely snatching the bag away from Sehun's grip, she turned to walk away but after a few steps, she stopped and looked back to him again before approaching. 

Sehun thought and expected her to apologize but no, he felt like his eyes would pop out of its sockets when she stepped on his foot hardly. 

"Yah!" Sehun shouted but the girl walked away causing him to grumble in annoyance. 

"Are you alright?" His manager asked and Sehun gave him a look of disbelief. "Seriously hyung?" Sehun asked and his manager raised his brows. 

"Lucky she's too beautiful" Sehun mumbled as he got inside the van. "Aren't you going to get your coffee anymore?" His manager asked and Sehun groaned before closing his eyes and pinching the bridge of his nose.

"No" He answered shortly. 

"Excuse me, but did the auditions started already?" Krystal asked as soon as she approached a random staff down the hallway, looking at her the staff smiled before shaking her head and looking at the clipboard while looking for something. "Are you here for the auditions?" The staff asked and Krystal nodded her head. 

"Jung, Krystal Jung" Krystal said and the staff scanned through the clipboard and nodded her head. 

"This way Ms. Jung" The staff said as she escorted Krystal to the auditorium.

Sitting at one of the chairs there, Krysta watched some of the girls who auditioned before her showcaes their talents. Letting out a shaky breath, Krystal clasped her hands tight as she calmed herself down upon hearing the great voices of the people who performed before her. Can she do it? She doesn't know but she trusts herself. 

"Next" Krystal heard the director said and a staff came to her and smiled. 

"You're next Ms. Jung" The staff said and with a nervous smile Krystal nodded her head and walked up to the stage only to find two guys walking down the auditorium from the exit and towards the seat just infront of the stage. 

"Oh, Sehun you're here!" The director said as he noticed Sehun's presence and Krystal furrowed her brows trying to remember where she saw that familiar outfit. Looking up at the guy's face, Krystal's eyes went wide as soon as she remembered where she saw that outfit. That guy. 

Her eyes went wide and she can't help but to stumble backwards. 

The guy removed his cap and Krystal felt like her heart stopped beating. She recognized him and she felt like she wants to dig up a hole in there right at that moment, the guy she thought is a douchebag earlier, the guy she hit.. it wasn't really the culprit who got her bag. It was none other than Oh Sehun..

One of Korea's finest performer. 

Oh hell.. 

She just got herself into trouble.

"Glad you're here Sehun!" The director said as he approaced Sehun and he removed his cap. Right there, right then, Krystal wanted to dig up a hole to hide herself. 

Standing there, Krystal tried to put some of her hair infront of her hair in hopes that Sehun would notice her. Firstly, she judt found out that the guy she hit was none other than him. Secondly, Krystal doesn't want to risk and blow up the chances of her getting into the musical she wants to be in.

Noticing the familiar person standing, Sehun took a closer look and a frown immediately appeared on his face. 

Looking at where Sehun is looking at, the manager remembered that they still got to continue the auditions. 

"Maybe you should help us find your partner here in the play" The director said with a smile and Sehun forced one before nodding his head not wanting to be rude.

"No problem" Sehun said as he took a seat beside the director and got himself the evaluation paper, the auditionee's information and a pen to grade her. 

"Let's start" The director said to Krystal and Krystal nodded her head as she wiped her shaking hands against her skirt.

Krystal Jung huh, Sehun thought as he looked into Krystal's information.

Taking a deep breath, Krystal began singing one of the songs that the play is going to use, she doesn't know what she's doing after that. All that she remembers is Sehun'a eyes that was giving her an intense gaze and after, she just found herself walking out of the auditorium.

Finding a nearby bench just outside, Krystal sighed as she ruffled her hair in frustration. Making some people passing by look at her. 

"You're an idiot!" Krystal exclaimed and breathed hard after. She felt so embarassed that she wanted to disappear in that place already but knowing that it's her only chance to prove her parents that she really loves singing d she's willing to do whatever it takes.She wanted to prove them that choosing this career would make her happy enough. At least that's what her dad asked her, if she gets successful on this, then they wouldn't bother asking her for anything anymore. 

Looking at her wristwatch, Krystal sighed knowing that she have to go back. Entering the autidorium, she came in line together with the other girls and stood at the stage as the judges make their last decision, but while doing so, Krystal can't help but to fidget on her seat not because she's not nervous, well, it's partially that but other than that, it was because Sehun was looking at him all the time that the other girl noticed it too. 

"Okay.. So we made a decision already" The director said while holding a paper and everyone became nervous and so as Krystal. "The lady who got the role being Sehun's leading lady in this play would be Oh Hayoung" The director said and everyone looked at Hayoung who seemed to be shocked with the sudden statement, Krystal just took a deep breath after hearing it knowing that she failed. 

Looking at Sehun, she furrowed her brows. 

He must have marked me wrong because I hit him earlier, Krystal thought disregarding the surprised look on Sehun's face. Shaking her head, Krystal walked out of the stage silently as she went to the nearest beverage vending machine and saw that there was only one cola can left, pushing a coin inside Krystal waited for the can to fall but it didn't making her groan in frustration, punching it, Krystal turned back and walked away. 

But after a few steps, Krystal heard a thud and ly to see Sehun holding the can. 

Growling in frustration, Krystal walked to him and grabbed the can before walking away but Sehun managed to grabbed the collar making her not able to walk away from him, while trying to escape, Sehun took the can from Krystal and gave her a questioning look. As much as he hates to have some banter with her, Krystal is getting rude.

"This is mine" Sehun shortly said and Krystal rolled her eyes before putting both of her hands on her waist. 

"Are you even sure about that? Because as far as I remember I was the one who put the coin inside that freaking vending machine but that cola can won't come out" Krystal spat in frustration and Sehun kept his calm face on trying to keep every little detail on Krystal's face in his mind, call him crazy but he still finds him beautiful. 

"But you left.. I was the one who got it and let me enlighten you too Miss Jung. I put a coin in there too" Sehun said and Krystal then crossed both of hr arms against her chest before shaking her head in disappointment. She would be lying if she sayd she doesn't find Sehun attractive because he really is, she would also be lying if she says that she isn't his fan but after seeing this rude side of him. 

Krystal knew that he's just another typical rude guy.

"But I'm the one who put the coin first so that's mine" Krystal said as she grabbed the can from Sehun and Sehun shook his head before pinching the bridge of his nose. "But it didn't come out right?" Sehun said before taking the can from Krystal before walking away causing Krystal to finally burst out from anger, walking to him, Krystal kicked the back of his knee causing Sehun to kneel down on the ground. 

"Aish you!" Sehun said as he groaned in pain. Krystal kept her annoyed face on though before picking up the can and giving Sehun a glare, a cold one to be exact. 

"You know you should still thank me, after all, all you got was just a kick even if you deserve more. You know, if you didn't come at the auditions, I would have been the one who got the leading role but because of you! Because of your freaking existence I lost the chance so please don't have even the slightest guts to show your freaking face right infront of me. I dare you, if you show up again next time you will not only get something like this. You'll be a cripple for life" Krystal said as she vented her anger up and Sehun kept kneeling on the floor trying to bear the pain on his back knee. Krystal's kick had gotten hard that she didn't even notice it. 

"That's mine.."

It was only Sehun said when he saw Krystal took the can. Getting more annoyed, Krystal walked to him and opened the can before pouring the contents of it into Sehun's head and Sehun didn't even do anything but to just stay there because of the pain, chuckling in sarcasm, Krystal threw the empty can lightly infront of Sehun and turned. 

"Then it's yours" Krystal said as she walked away. Sehun on the other hand completely fell on the floor and laid on his back, soon his manager came and helped him up.

"I can't believe she did that to you just because she's frustrated of not getting that lead role" Sehun's manager said incredulously while pacing back and forth inside the hospital's room and Sehun on the other hand watched him innocently while dangling both of his feet at the bed with the other knee wrapped in a bandage.

"I'm surprised that she didn't get it too" Sehun muttered mindlessly and his manager stopped pacing back and forth before giving a look of disbelief. "So you want to work with her after causing you this?" Sehun's manager asked while pointing at Sehun's bandaged knee, "Just because she's mad in the first place? Keep in mind this too Sehun, she spilled cola on you" His manager saidn and SEhun smiled weakly before slowly shaking his head. 

"I understand why she did that" Sehun calmly said and his manger just gave him an incredulous look. "You're insane" He said and Sehun lightly chuckled before taking out his phone completely ignoring his manager already. Peeking at what Sehun's doing, he randomly asked a question.

"What are you doing?" His manager asked. "I'm looking for her" Sehun answered not even bothering to give his manager a single glance. 

"What? Are you crazy? She's trouble!" His manager cautioned but Sehun firmly shook his head.

"I don't care" 

A week later.. 

"I just can't believe he failed me" Krystal muttered while kicking the small stones that was on her way, clutching at the strap of her bag, Krystal groaned in frustration before closing her eyes and soon the scenes where she 'abused' Sehun played on her mind and she can't help ut to feel guilty. 

"I shouldn't be doing this.. Think straight Krys" Krystal said and soon she arrived at the bus stop. Looking around, there were only two ladies sitting at the bus stop and no cars were passing by, taking her phone out Krystal took a seat on the other end of the bench and began playing some games. 

"So you went at the auditions?" Krystal heard a voice asked and she glanced sideways only to see a familiar face. She swear she saw that girl back at the auditions but that girl doesn't seem to recognize her, continuing to play, Krystal decided to eavesdrop with their conversation.

"Yes.." The other one audtioned. "So what happened after that?" Her friend asked and Krystal glanced again at them before looking back to her phone. "We we're about to leave when we saw this pile of papers at a corner, and because some of the girls were curious just like I am, we scanned through it and saw that it was our evaluation form" The girl said and Krystal raised her brows before she stopped playing with her phone. 

"From the director?" Her friend asked. "No, it was Sehun's" The girl said and Krystal suddenly felt uninterested, just by hearing his name makes her want to kill him already, preparing to leave, Krystal stood up to leave but the next statement that, that girl stated made her stop from leaving. 

"Really? Who's the highest then?" 

"He all failed us except for this girl.." The girl said and Krystal moved a bit closer to hear what the girl was about to say next. "You know her name?" Her friend asked again eagerly this time and Krystal saw that the girl nodded her head. 

"I think it was.. Jung? Krystal Jung? She's the only one who got a score from him, the rest got zero" The girl said and Krystal immediately walked away from the scene and her heart felt like it's going to jump out of her chest. Her lung suddenly tightened and she can't seem to breath and other than that, she felt that things around her are turning.

What the hell did just happened? Krystal asked herself. 

She failed to get the read role, that's a fact. But, how come it was only her that got a score from Sehun? No, the girl must be lying, if Sehun really did gave her a score then she would have been the one to get that lead role but no, she failed and now she's thinking of ways to get back up again. Besides, she treated him badly so it's nowhere near possible.

Shaking her thoughts off, Krystal just walked away trying to forget everything that she just heard. 

Ending up at the nearby park, Krystal took a seat in a bench and saw a folded newspaper just beside her. Opening it, the front already revealed Sehun's face and when she's about to close it, a picture of him having a bandaged knee caught her eyes. Looking closer, she saw that it was the knee that landed first on the floor when she kicked him. 

Reading through the article, Krystal furrowed her brows.

One of Korea's most popular and finest performer Oh Sehun was brought to Seoul Medical Hospital for having a bruised knee. The said korean performer was found lying on the auditorium's lobby concious but cannot stand alone, the staffs immediately brought the performer to the hospital and found out that the injury was nevertheless a bit serious, asking for Oh Sehun's side, the media asked if he's going to file a report with whoever did this to him but the performer would just smile.

One of his statements was given early last night just after his medication.

"We're not planning to file a charge with whoever did this to me.. Maybe people think that I'm doing this just for the sake of my play but I don't want to make this bigger than what it is now. Let's just leave everything aside, past is past and I forgave that person already. I understand why that person did that too, thank you" 

Showing enough kindness, Oh Sehun's fans gathered around the hospital and left flower and messages for him asking him to get well sooner and start the play. Earlier today, Oh Sehun was to be discharged  and a lot of fans gather yet again to see the young performer but only in their disppointment, the young performer had left already. 

"Tch, two faced jerk" Krystal said as she groaned under her breath. Yes, she said those but it doesn't seem like she meant it, it seemed like she just wanted to fight that guilty feeling inside her that's why she said those words but knowing that Sehun already forgave her made her feel like she owes him something and that is an official apology.

Would she do that? No, she doesn't think so.

Getting up from her seat, Krystal walked around the park. With her feet leading her into the busy street, Krystal looked around and saw posters of Sehun hanging around. 

"He's really famous" Krystal muttered under her breath as she turned to a shallow pathway where there's not much people. At the end of it the pathway, a white door can be seen from the side and Krystal walked and held the keybefore pushing into the keyhole before turning it open, looking around, Krystal sighed before closing the door again not forgetting to lock it.

Darkness engulfed the place but she wasn't scared. Sitting at the piano that was at the center, Krysta caressed the keys as dust came in contact with her hands. Smiling a little, Krystal rubbed both of her hands together before pressing some keys and eventually turning into a song but suddenly, a loud thud disturbed her.

Standing up and turning around, Krystal saw a person leaning his back against the door with his breathing uneven. 

"W-What are you doing here?" Krystal asked upon noticing and recognizing the person. Seeing him walk limply closer to her, Krystal took steps back and felt the back of her knees hit the chair. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked emphasizing the word 'you' and Krystal furrowed her brows. "I should be the one asking you that" Krystal said and he looked around before giving her a confused look. "You have a key here?" He asked and Krystal reached out the key in her pocket and showed it to him.

"I have mine too" He said before taking the key out and Krystal furrowed her brows. Why would Oh Sehun own a key of an old music place? Moreover, Krystal knew that the owner gave the 'one and only' key to her so she's puzzled why Sehun has the same key too. Is it.. because the owner gave him one too? 

"D-Do you by chance know the owner of this place?" Sehun asked with a shaking voice and Krystal held on the key tightly before nodding her head. Sehun on the other hand swallowed hard before looking down on the floor as he felt his breath stricken, why would his father give Krystal that key? Moreover, he didn't even know that his father knows her.

"What about you?" Krystal asked and Sehun looked up meeting Krystal's gaze halfway. "My dad.. owns this place" Sehun said and Krystal furrowed her brows. His father owns this place? After hearing those, everything that Krystal felt towards him vanished, the annoyance, the frustrations and all, she forgot those as she remembered the man's last words to her.

"Oh, Krystal you're here!" The man chirpped as he saw Krystal entering the music place with a bright smile on her face, noticing a white paper on her left hand and a small trophy on the other, the man smiled as he warmly welcomed his 'adopted' daughter. Eversince Krystal found out about this place, she always comes there after school making her have the chance to be close with the man and now she treats him as her own father too.

"Uncle, I won!" Krystal said while showing him the certificate and the medal. "You're amazing!" The man said as he smiled proudly and Krystal grinned before giving the man a quick hug which he returned warmly. "I know right, you taught me uncle. That's why" Krystal said with a shy smile and the man chuckled before patting her head. 

"Are you going to play the piano? Show me the song that made you win" The man said excitely and Krystal never felt any happier than what she's been especially when she's with that man, he, even when he's not blood related to her cares and supports her with everything he can but her father, her very own father even tells her that she can't do anything with the field she has chosen. Music.

"I will uncle" Krystal said with a small smile as she remembered her dad. He never treated her that way, he never wanted to hear her play but this man, this man whom she just met just because of music supports her with all of his heart. Sitting at the piano, Krystal started to play the song she played at the competition and the man smile while listening to it, attentively and with a smile on his face, he even cheered for Krystal. 

"You're amazing!" He said after Krystal finished playing the piano. Standing up, Krystal bowed with a smile and the man chuckled and as soon as Krystal lifted her head up, she saw the man b with tears. "Is there something wrong uncle?" Krystal asked worriedly as they both sat on the chair. 

"I just remembered my son" He said as he wiped the tears and Krystal furrowed her brows. "You have a son?" Krystal asked as the man smiled before nodding his head. "I have.. but he's too far" He said and Krystal gave him a confused look. Questions ran through her mind as she tried to think who that person is. 

"Is he overseas?" Krystal asked and the man nodded his head. "You can say that. Just like you, my son loves music too that it made him go overseas and train there and because of their strict rules and busy schedule I cannot contact my son" The man said and Krystal felt pity of him. 

"Don't worry uncle.. I'm sure the hardwork will pay off as soon as he becomes famous" Krystal said positively and the man smiled. "I hope you can meet my son in the future" The man said and Krystal smiled before nodding her head and giving the man a quick hug again. 

"Of course I will uncle" Krystal said and the man raised his pinky. 

"You promise?" He asked. 

Intertwining their fingers, Krystal smiles. 

"I promise" 

"H-He's.. y-your dad" Krystal said as she took a few steps backward and Sehun watched her with much worry. "He's.. He's your dad" Krystal said while trying to sink in everything in her mind but she just can't causing her to all down on the floor and tears automatically escaped from her eyes. 

"What's wrong?" Sehun asked before kneeling infront of Krystal.

"Uncle" Krystal said before crouching on the ground with her face buried on her knees. Sehun doesn't know what to do after seeing her cry, all he did was to reach out for her shoulder and pat it gently. "Don't cry.." He said and Krystal shook her head. 

"I'm sorry uncle"

Sehun heard Krystal said and he furrowed his brows. 

"Dad.. I'll be there in a few months! I'm going to see you again" Sehun said excitedly as soon as his dad answered his call. "Really? I can't wait" His dad said happily but Sehun noticed the weak voice his father asked. He knew that there was something wrong and he felt bad about it. 

"Are you alright dad? You sound weak" Sehun said and he heard a few coughs on the other line. 

"I-I'm fine" His father said and just like that the call went dead. A few months after he came back, Sehun got home only to find out that his father was in a critical condition already, the doctors said that his father got a lung cancer and they can't do anything anymore since it can't be cured already.

He remorsed knowing that he wasted years training and wanting to make his parents proud only to find out that his father is dying already. He even felt bad that he's never on his father's side when his father needed him the most, as much as he remembers, the most crucial time on his life was that when he entered his father's hospital room only to find his dad weakly smiling at him.

"Son" He said as he reached out his thin arm to Sehun and he ran to hug him tight. No more well built body, no more strong voice coming from his father. 

"I'm sorry dad.. I'm sorry" Sehun whispered and his dad patted his back soothingly with a smile still on his face. "Can you promise me one thing?" His dad asked and Sehun moved away before looking at his father questioningly. 

"What is it dad?" Sehun asked and his father handed him a key. 

"This is the key.. to my music place. I.. I always wanted you to have that" His father said and Sehun stared at it before shaking his head knowing what it meant. "No, you keep it dad.." Sehun said and his father coughed before shaking his head. 

"You keep it.. I've got another key and that's hidden somewhere safe you'll find out where the other is someday" His father said before opening Sehun's palm and putting the key on it and closing it again and Sehun shook his head as tears run down on his face. Hugging his son for the last time, Sehun's father smiled warmly. 

"Be happy my son.. You'll find your happiness someday using that key" He said and slowly, his eyes starts to close and his hands started fall down from Sehun's cheek. Looking down, Sehun tightened his grip on the key as his sobs got harder making it difficult for him to breath.

"I love you dad.." 

"Don't cry.." Sehun said but tears were b on his eyes too. Looking up, Krystal sobbed as she wiped the tears on her cheeks before standing up and Sehun followed her. "I'll leave" Krystal said and Sehun held Krystal's arm preventing her from doing so

"Stay.. please" Sehun said and Krystal sighed before nodding her head as they both took a seat on the chair. Without any words, Sehun glanced at Krystal sideways and noticed that she's looking blankly at the piano, he thought, she must have been badly affected by his father's death too.

"So.. I guess you're the one who dad keeps on talking about" Sehun said and Krystal raised her brows before looking at Sehun. "He does.. He does talk about you a lot" Sehun said before looking at the piano and Krystal watched as he pressed random keys before slowly it turned into a slow song.

"He talks about a lot about you too" Krystal said as she reached out for the piano and played it with Sehun. 

"Then I guess he's both proud of us" 

Spending the whole afternoon that way, the two doesn't seem to have bickered in anyway possible and all they did was just talk about Sehun's father, that same day, Sehun found out more about Krystal and saw the other side of her, slowly he grew more curious and wanted to know the girl. They also both decided to renovate the old place and bring back it's old look, no, they're not going to make it publicly but they're going to do it for themselves only.

It's the place where it holds most of their memories.

The place where only the two of them knows. 

"Where on the earth are you Oh Sehun?"

Sehun's manager asked in frustration as soon as Sehun entered his dorm. Raising his brows, Sehun shrugged his shoulders before making his way to the kitchen and grabbing a drink. "Where on the earth are you?" His manager asked again this time with a stern voice and Sehun sighed. Before answering, he settled on the couch and innocently smiled at his manager. 

"I went out for a walk" He said with a smile and his manager rolled his eyes before pinching the bridge of his nose. "You ran away from me! You're supposed to meet with your partner today!" He said and Sehun grumbled before massaging his temple. Shaking his head, Sehun gulped the drink in one go. 

"I don't want her!" Sehun said stubbonly and his manager gave him an increduluous look. 

"What?!" He asked. 

"I didn't even gave her a score why the hell did she became my partner anyway?" Sehun asked in annoyance and his manager put his hands on his waist before shaking his head and looking at Sehun again who seemed to be inconherently mumbling things. 

"Because the director said so!" His manager answered back and Sehun threw the can aside before standing up. "I can't believe that they even invited me to choose my partner, I should have known that they lied" Sehun said angrily before slamming the door close.

The next day.. 

"Where are you going?" Sehun's manager asked as soon as he saw Sehun walk out from his room with his tracksuit on. Giving him a blank expression, Sehum wore the hood before walking to the door. "I'm going to jog" He coldly said before going out and not waiting for his manager to say anything anymore.

Entering the elevator, Sehun poked the button and the elevator door closed. Looking down on the door, Sehun heard the elevator dinged and as soon as he looked up, his eyes went wide. The person who also saw him standing there had wide eyes on but nevertheless entered the elevator. 

"Y-You live here?" Sehun asked after a bit of awkward silence. "Yes.. you live here too?" The person asked while looking at him in confusion and Sehun nodded his head. "You're.. still studying?" Sehun asked in confusion as soon as he saw a name tag placed on her bag and the person nodded. 

"Yes.. what about you?" She asked and Sehun smiled a little. "I graduated last year" He said and the person nodded. Both hearing the elevator ding, they both went out of the elevator but to Krystal's suprise, Sehun grabbed her hand and before she knew it they are on their way to the parking lot. 

"What are you doing?" Krystal asked but Sehun only opened the car's door and pushed Krystal inside. "I'm driving you to your school" Sehun answered as soon as he entered the car too and started the engine, good enough, he thought of bringing the keys and now he knows the reason why he planned to do so.

Not even protesting, Krystal kept mum after all it was Oh Sehun that was going to drive her to school.

It's just once in a lifetime and no one, she means not anyone can have this kind of experience. 

The ride didn't take long though as they arrived infront of the school gates, removing the seat belt around her, Krystal glanced at Sehun and gave him a light bow before giving him a small smile. "Thank you for the ride" Krystal said and Sehun gave her a thumbs up before smiling. 

"Not a big deal" He said and Krysta nodded her head. "and sorry for treating you badly before" Krystal added and that made the smile on Sehun's face grew bigger. "It's partly my fault too.. and I'm sorry if you didn't get the lead--" 

"It's alright.. I knew you failed those applicants. Thank you but maybe that spot wasn't really meant for me" Krystal said with a small smile and Sehun nodded his head yet he still feel bad that he didn't get to work with her. "I hope I can get to work with you too" Sehun said and Krystal smiled before nodding her head. 

"That won't be impossible" She said before opening the car door. "Will I still be able to see you around?" Sehun asked as soon as Krystal stepped out. Chuckling, Krystal nodded her head. 

"Of course" 

"Where have you been? What took you so long?" Sehun's manager asked as soon as Sehun entered the dorm, walking straight into the kitchen, Sehun opened the fridge and took a bottle of water before drinking it and answering his manager. "I'm out for a jog hyung. I told you earlier and it only took 15 minutes. Why are you so grumpy?" Sehun asked before giving him a questioning look and his manager only sighed before shaking his head.

"Alright you win.. go change now. You have a meeting for the musical play later" His manager reminded and Sehun nodded before entering his room and slumping himself on his bed. Taking his phone out, Sehun opened a messaging app before typing a name on the search box and once he saw the person he's looking for, Sehun opened the message box and typed a message.

-Hi Miss Jung-  He typed and pressed the send button and after it was sent a wide smile appeared on Sehun's face.

Arriving at the company's building, Sehun and his manager entered the conference room only to see the cast of the play gathering there. Shaking his head a little, he sighed before giving them a small bow after doing so, Sehun took a seat a bit far from them wanting to be alone. 

The meeting went an hour or so and some of the cast left already leaving Sehun and his partner there. "Hi" She greeted and Sehun forced a smile before giving her a small bow. 

"Hello" He awkwardly said but the girl gave him a small smile. "I'm Oh Hayoung" She said while offering a hand to him and Sehun hesitantly shook it before giving her a nod. 

"I'm Oh Sehun" He said. "I hope we can work well together" Sehun said and Hayoung nodded her head, she was about to say something else when Sehun's phone beeped. "I'm going to take this first" Sehun said apologetically and Hayoung nodded her head before walking to where her manager is.

-Who is this?-  

It was Krystal and immediately, Sehun's face brightened up. 

-Don't you know who I am? Aww, I'm hurt-  

Sehun quickly typed back and chuckled knowing that Krystal was oblivious who was it. 

-I don't have time to play with you stranger ><-

Krystal answered and Sehun chuckled before shaking his head. Shaking his head, he remembered that he's using a different name on the messaging app making Krystal not recognize him.

-It's me.. Sehun-  

He answered and waited for Krystal to reply but nothing came making him came. Minutes passed by and hours came but Krystal didn't. He came back to his dorm but still Krystal didn't answered him back, he was itching to go to her unit but knowing that he doesn't know what number it is, he just kept himself locked in his room while staring at his phone.

Feeling a bit down already, Sehun sighed but as soon as he heard his phone beep. He abruptly jolted up from his bed and opened his phone with a big smile on his face.

-Sorry it took me long to answer you back, wow, I can't believe that I'm talking to you now. By the way, I got some school works to finish that's why I wasn't able to answer back, I'm sorry and goodnight" 

Shaking his head, Sehun chuckled with a big smile still plastered on his face. Typing a message back, Sehun pressed the send button before lying back on his bed with still a smile on his face.

-Really? I'm just a human too you know so it's common for me to talk to other humans too hehe and it's alright. It's not like I'm requiring you to answer me back quickly- 

-DORK. What I meant is you're too famous to talk to me, you're an idol and.. I'm not" 

Krystal's replied as quick as him.

-Hey don't say such thing. I may be an idol but I'm still human, nothing changes, it's just that a lot of people know me-  

Glancing up Sehun noticed that it's already getting late. 

-Hey it's late already sleep now lady- 

-Seriously?-  

-Of course.. sleep now milady- 

Sehun said then he realized what he had just said, burying his face on his pillow, Sehun groaned feeling a bit embarassed. Hearing his phone beep, Sehun opened it and read Krystal's reply.

-Milady huh? I like it ^^ I will and you too.. Goodnight- 

-Goodnight-

Sweetdreams. 

-Goodmorning milady-

A smile was immediately plastered on Krystal's face as soon as she saw a new message coming from Sehun, she, herself just can't believe that somehow the person she hates before will eventually get close to her.

Moreover Sehun's well-known, so him having the effort to greet her a simple goodmorning was enough to make her day. 

-Goodmorning to you too. Why are you up so early?-

Krystal messaged back and asked. Why wouldn't she when dhe noticed that the message was sent at four in the morning. 

-My manager woke me up. I've got a photoshoot today that's why- 

Sehun answered back and Krystal got up from her bed and walked to the bathroom to brush her teeth. 

-Really? What photoshoot?- 

Krystal typed back before putting her phone in the faucet and brushed her teeth.

-Uhm.. watches?-

Krystal chuckled before typing back a reply but as soon as she  put her phone down, her phone went straight into the watered faucet making her eyes went wide as saucers. 

"NO!" 

Krystal shouted as she tried to open her phone that just dived in the water but to no avail it won't open anymore.

"I seriously hate this. How can I talk to him now?!" Krystal grumbled before shaking her head.

On the other hand..

"What happened to her now?" Sehun asked himself after he checked his phone and noticed that Krystal didn't replied to him yet, shrugging his shoulders, Sehun went back to do the photoshoot again. 

Meanwhile..

"Sorry, but the water entered the motherboard.." The lady said to Krystal before giving her an apologetic look. Letting out a defeated sigh, Krystal nodded her head as she walked out of the store and glanced at her watch, seeing that she's already an hour late at the university Krystal chose not to go to school anymore. 

"Finally" Sehun said as soon as he walked out of the photoshoot. "Hyung.. I'll just grab some drink" Sehun said before running away and his manager can't do anything but to sigh in annoyance. Shaking his head, his manager walked to the photographer to check the pictures Sehun took. 

"Fresh air" Sehun grinned as soon as he's finally able to walk out of the building, walking across the street Sehun walked at the park, of course, not forgetting to bring a cap and a sunglass with him so people won't recognize him easily. Walking around while looking up in the sky, Sehun felt himself bump into something or more like someone. 

"Sorry are you alright-- Krystal?" Sehun said as soon as he saw the person's face. Furrowing her brows on the other hand Krystal looked closer and her eyes widened. 

"Se--" 

Before Krystal could even say his name outloud on the almost crowded park, Sehun quickly covered .

"They might here you" Sehun whispered and Krystal nodded her head before removing Sehun's hand from . "Sorry" She apologized and Sehun nodded his head. 

"Wait.. you're supposed to be in class today right? Are you cutting classes?" Sehun asked and Krystal's eyes widened before she  shook her head and hands like a criminal that just got caught. "No! I've brought my phone somewhere to repair it but then I realized that I'm already late at school so I didn't go anymore" Krystal explained and Sehun nodded before giving her a confused look. 

"What happened to your phone?" Sehun asked.

"It dived into the water" Krystal said with a pout and Sehun chuckled causing her to glare at Sehun. Taking her hand, Sehun smiled and dragged her somewhere and without any protests, she just followed. 

"What are we doing here?" Krystal asked as soon as they entered a phone store. Smiling at her, Sehun pointed the phones on display and Krystal got what he meant. "No way" She said and Sehun sighed before shaking his head and pushing her on the rack where the phones are. 

"Choose" He shortly said and Krystal stepped back before shaking her head. "No" She answered and the smile on Sehun's face immediately disappeared. "Consider it as a gift from me" He grumbled and Krystal can't do anything but to follow him. "Do you want to have the same model as mine?" Sehun asked and Krystal raised her brows and Sehun immediately closed his mouth. 

"It's okay if you don't want--" 

"Okay.. I'll get the same as yours" Krystal said and Sehun smiled before pointing the phone that has the same model as his. Taking it, Sehun immediately asked Krystal to use it. "Save this" Sehun said as he typed something and saved it as a contact, taking a picture of him, Sehun made a peace sign and saved the picture as the contact's photo.

"Did you just?" Krystal asked not believing that Sehun had just gave her his number. "So I won't rely on the messaging app anymore" Sehun said with a bright smile and Krystal shook her head, peeking at what he's doing at her phone, Krystal saw that Sehun put 'hwangjanim' as his name on Krystal's phone. 

"Seriously?" Krystal asked increduluously and Sehun gave her a dorky smile. "Call me later alright?" Sehun asked and Krystal raised her brows while giving him a questioning look. 

"Why would I?" Krystal asked. "So I can have your number" Sehun said and Krystal stuck her tongue out before walking out of the store with Sehun trailing behind her.

"Hey you can't do this to me!" 

Months had passed already and the musical play started, Sehun had tad tight schedules yet he still managed to call and message Krystal everyday. He sometimes even pick her up from the university or bring her there, they would often had night outs and they all did it secretly. At times, when they both knew that they'll be free for the day, Sehun and Krystal would meet up at the music place that Sehun's father owns. 

They grew closer as each day passes, of course there would be teasing, bickering, bantering and all but that's just all that. They grew closer that if people would see them together, everyone will think that they are dating, sometimes, they would hug each other for minutes, Krystal would kiss Sehun's cheek whenever he makes her laugh and in returned Sehun would kiss her head everytime they bid goodbye.

But that's just it. Both were still afraid to take another step.

"Hey!" Krystal chirpped as soon as she entered the music room. Seeing no one there, Krystal frowned.

Letting out a sigh, Krystal walked at the corner of the room and opened the fridge that Sehun bought. Taking a can of cola, she walked to the couch Sehun had bought for the place and slumped herself again. Opening her phone's browser, the headlines greeted her. Reading through it, Krystal unknowingly clenched the poor cola can. 

Oh Sehun and Oh Hayoung reported to be dating.

The alleged couple was seen entering a famous jewelry store at the outskirts of Seoul. The couple was found choosing jewelries inside the store and to the fan's surprise, both of their managers were both there and it seems like they were supporting these young lovebirds. 

"Liar" Krystal growled under her breath. 

Clenching her fists, Krystal felt her lungs stricken and her breath tighten. She believed that somehow, those lingering feelings inside her will be returned equally by Sehun after all he acts so sweetly to her but now.. right now.. she doesn't think so. Standing up, Krystal opened the door with tears b on her eyes. 

Freezing to where she is standing, Krystal saw Sehun standing infront of her as soon as she opened the door. 

"Krystal.. is there something wrong?" Sehun asked worriedly as soon as Krystal blinked and a tear rolled down on her cheeks.

"I don't think I can see you anymore" Krystal said before pushing Sehun aside and running away. Furrowing his brows in confusion, Sehun opened his phone only to be greeted by his manager's message. 

-There are rumors spreading around that you and Hayoung are dating. You should clear this up before everything goes in a mess Sehun, I told you going out with her even if it's just for a company wouldn't be good. I already talked to Hayoung's side and said that they will clear this up.. You should too-  

Ignoring his manager's message, Sehun ran out of the streets determined to find Krystal. He thinks he knows how to make it up to her. 

It's now or never. 

"Answer me please" Sehun said repeatedly. He's been calling Krystal several times already but she's not picking up, having no choice anymore, Sehun walked back to his dorm building and went to Krystal's unit. Taking a deep breath, Sehun composed himself as he knocked on the door and soon a woman who seemed to be in a middle aged opened the door. 

"Goodafternoon Mrs. Jung" Sehun said as he bowed but the older lady doesn't seem to recognize him. Realizing it, Sehun removed his cap and glasses and Krystal's mom recognized him easily. "G-Goodafternoon to you too" She said still dazed and Sehun smiled. 

"Come in" She said and Sehun bowed before entering the room again. 

"S-So what took you here and how do you know me?" Mrs. Jung asked and Sehun smiled before shaking the back of his head. "I'm actually friends with your daughter" Sehun said and Mrs. Jung seemed to be surprised. After all, Krystal didn't even told them that she knows Sehun. Oh Sehun. 

"You are?" She asked and Sehun nodded his head. "It's a bit of a long story.. but I'm friends with her" Sehun said and Mrs. Jung nodded but then a frown was visible on her face. "Are you here for her?" Mrs. Jung asked and shyly, Sehun nodded his head. 

"She's not home yet.. I think she's with her father and her sister" Mrs. Jung said and the smile on Sehun's face immediately disappeared. "Will she be home soon? I need to talk to her" Sehun said and Mrs. Jung slowly shook her head unsurely. 

"I don't think so.. Krystal called his dad earlier today and told him that she'll stop taking the music course and go to San Francisco and study business there" Mrs. Jung said and Sehun felt his breath cut short. It seemed like a big lump blocked his throat, he can't say anything. He's frozen. 

"I think they're going to Krystal's university today and pull her out as soon as we can since it's what her dad wants after all" Mrs. Jung added and Sehun swallowed the lump on his throat before tightening his hold on his knees. "She's.. at her university?" Sehun asked and Mrs. Jung nodded her head. 

"Probably" Mrs. Jung answered and Sehun abruptly stood up before giving her a bow. "Thank you for telling me Mrs. Jung. I'll be going now" Sehun said as he hurriedly went to the door and into the elevator. 

"I can't believe this" Sehun mumbled as soon as the elevator doors closed. Going to the parking area, Sehun rode his car and sped off to Krystal's university. Arriving there in no time, Sehun put his cap and his glasses on before making his way inside. Bumping into a random teacher Sehun was lucky enough that the teacher came from the music department.

"Have you seen Krystal Jung? From the music department?" He asked and the teacher furrowed her brows and finally realizing who Sehun is talkng about she nodded. "Yes of course.. she just left now after her dad pulled her out" The teacher said and Sehun bowed before walking out of the building again. 

Kicking the small rocks that was on his way, Sehun groaned.

Three years later.. 

"New York" Krystal mumbled as she walked around the cold streets, lights b everywhere and she doesn't know where her feet would lead to. Tightening the scarf around her neck, Krystal stopped as she saw a random vending machine. Chuckling to herself, she saw that there's only a can of cola left and she shook her head as she remembered a random memory. 

Turning her back from it, Krystal sighed and walked away but then stopped midway. 

"Might as well have it" She mumbled but as soon as she turned around, the can of cola wasn't insde the vending machine anymore. Isntead, it was in someone else's hand. Looking up, Krystal stumbled backwards as she saw the person who was holding it. 

"Is this yours?" He asked and and Krystal opened and closed it again. Taking a deep breath, Krystal turned as she walked away only to feel that something warm was wrapping around her. "You avoided me for three years and you're going to run away again?" Sehun asked as he buried his face on ehr shoulder and Krystal just stood there with tears b on her eyes.

"I.." 

"You don't know what it's like for me the past three years you know" Sehun said as he tightened his hug around her. "You don't know what it's like for me too" Krystal said and Sehun sighed before shaking his head. "You just ran away from me" Sehun said and Krystal knew that he's crying because of the sobs.

"I didn't.. I have to" Krystal said and Sehun removed his arms from Krystal. Turning around, Krystal saw Sehun looking down on the ground with his breathing uneven because of the sobs. 

"Why? Don't you know how miserable I am without you?" Sehun asked and Krystal smiled bitterly. "But she's there with you right?" Krystal asked with so much pain in her voice and Sehun shook his head before looking straight into her eyes. "I never dated Hayoung. The reason why we went out together that day is because I asked her to accompany me to buy you something and because she's a girl too.. she can probably give me an idea of what gift I should give you. I never expected that it would turn out like that" Sehun said and Krystal felt her lungs stricken. 

So all those time she hurted the two of them just because she misunderstood? 

"S-So you mean.." 

"It's all just a misunderstanding" Sehun said and Krystal shook her head. She just can't believe that she's been a fool. "I.. You won't run away again right?" Sehun asked and Krystal lifted her eyes up meeting his. Nodding her head, Krystal took a step closer to hum and engulfed him into a tight hug. 

"I-I'm sorry.. for hurting you" Krystal said as she finally let her tears out and Sehun hugged her back before shaking his head. 

"I won't date anyone.. I will never date anyone except you" 

Sehun's words caught her off guard. Does he mean it? Does he really mean it? 

"Y-You.. But we're never the same.. Sehun you're too much for me the distance between us it's just--" 

"I was planning to confess to you the day you were pulled out of the university.. but you never wanted to see me. You left without me knowing.." Sehun said and Krystal looked down feeling bad to leave him hanging like that. If she knew, then she would have stayed but that's all in the past now right? 

Right.

"Moreover, don't you think that.. that I mind your status just because I'm known? Krystal you know me better than that, you don't know how scared I was when you left for San Francisco, you don't know how scared I was thinking that you won't and never will feel the same as I do anymore as soon as you leave" Sehun added.

"I.. just didn't know what to do anymore. I thought.. I thought that you really dated Hayoung and I was hurt, I thought it would be the end of us knowing that you're with someone else but I'm too dumb to not ask about your side. I.. I thought I can forget you too once I stayed in San Francisco but I was wrong because that made me miss you more" Krystal said guiltily and Sehun smiled before engulfing her into a tight hug again. 

"Just.. never leave me again alright? Never.. ever try to run away from me. Not ever again" Sehun said and Krystal nodded her head as she hugged him back. "Only if you promise to be only mine and mine only" Krystal answered as she buried her face into his chest causing Sehun to look at her in mixed confusion and happiness.

"Does this mean?" He asked hesitantly and Krystal broke their hug before giving him a small smile. Taking the can of cola from his hand, Krystal stuck her tongue out and walked away causing Sehun to chuckle and shake his head. 

"That's mine" He said just like the very last time they fought over that can. Turning around, Krystal furrowed her brows as she gave him a teasing look. 

"You can't run away from me" Sehun said and Krystal took a few steps back before giggling. "Why can't I?" Krystal asked or more like challenged him. Walking closer to her, Sehun grabbed the can away and threw it before leaning in close to Krystal meeting her soft lips halfway. 

"Cause you're mine" 

__________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:  Sorry it took me long to update >< KaiStal upnext then it's MinStal