(SeStal) Rough Water

Oneshot Anthology

"Harships often prepares an ordinary person for an extraordinary destiny."

- C.S Lewis

 

"Hey, don't you think we should hangout before the exams?" Sehun asked his bestfriend Krystal while walking down the school corridors, they just finished their last subject and they are already dismissed leaving Sehun be excited to go on a night trip again with his bestfriend.

"Sehun, do you want to fail? Again? The exams are on Monday, it's Friday today. Don't you think we should study first?" Krystal asked before lighty slapping his nape causing Sehun to rub it slowly before mocking his own bestfriend. Krystal upon seeing this just chuckled before shaking her head, she knew how Sehun has been doing at school and she can say that it really isn't good, she cares for him so she wants her bestfriend to pass the exams, other than that she knows that if Sehun passes the exams he might have to chance to make her father like him even if it's just a bit, the people on the corridor are again watching them walk. Who wouldn't right? 

Mr. Popular yet with failing grades and the Queen Bee who is the smartest student in school just walked together again.

"I just wanna have fun, you've been studying the whole week that it made you neglect me" Sehun mumbled but Krystal was able to hear it causing her to hang her arms around her bestfriend's shoulder before pulling him down being able for her to ruffle her bestfriend's hair easily. 

"I was not.. You know mom and dad right? They'll probably kill me if I fail, specially dad" Krystal said her voice turning into a sadder one causing Sehun to grab her hand. Feeling his hand on hers, Krystal looked up and met his eyes, giving her a reassuring smile. He squeezed Krystal's hand and chuckled. 

"Just this once.." He said before running down the corridor with his hand never losing it's grip on Krystal's. Not minding being dragged by her bestfriend, Krystal just laughed seeing how playful her bestfriend is becoming again. Stopping infront of the bus stop near the school, Krystal gave her bestfriend a questioning look.

"I'll take you home early. We won't take long.." Sehun said and the bus stopped infront of them. Being a gentleman he is, Sehun let Krystal climb up the bus first and finding a seat for them. Krystal sat by the window before tapping the free side beside her motioning Sehun to sit there.

"Finally.." He said and they both chuckled. Resting his head on her shoulder, Sehun closed his eyes and sighed in relief.

"Remember how we met?" Sehun asked out of the blue and Krytal chuckled. "Yeah, we met at the bus when I first came to Korea and then we saw each other again at school.. We became inseperable and now we are bff's" Krystal narrated and Sehun chuckled before nodding, his head never leaving Krystal's shoulder. 

"Glad you still remember.." He said and Krystal smiled before looking out of the window. "Of course I do.. wait.. why did you asked me? Say, did you forget how we met?" Krystal asked and Sehun shot his head up before giving her a disbelief look.

"No, I don't!" Sehun defended and Krystal faked a laugh. "Just admit it.." Krystal teased and Sehun shook his head furiously.

"I didn't!" He defended again with his voice louder this time causing some of the passengers inside the bus look at him. "Sorry.." He apologized realizing that he just caught the people's attention causing Krystal to laugh.

"I didn't really forget it.." Sehun muttered while pouting and Krystal chuckled before pinching his puffy cheek. "Alright.. You win" Krystal said teasingly and Sehun just gave her an annoyed yet playful look. 

"Hey, we're here.." Sehun said as soon as the bus stopped he then again grabbed his bestfriend's hand and dragged her out of the bus and without any complaints, Krystal just followed him. 

"Han River again? We've been here a hundred times.." Krystal grumbled and Sehun chuckled his hand never leaving Krystal's. "Come on.. It will be fun" Sehun said and Krystal just huffed letting Sehun take her wherever he wants to go. 

"Can I have one of that, that and that?" Sehun told the street vendor and Krystal rolled her eyes seeing how Sehun loves eating. "Say ahh.." Sehun said and Krystal unwillingly opened while Sehun fed her. People passing by the busy street just watched them like that probably thinking how sweet they are.

"You look cute" The vendor said and Sehun smiled before saying..

"We're bestfriends.." 

Krystal nodded agreeing with him and they resumed walking with Sehun occasionally feeding her until they arrived at the spot near the river. Being busy with each other, the two didn't notice the time, looking up into the sky Sehun smiled before glacing sidewards to Krystal.

Noticing it, Krystal gave him a questioning look.

"Is there something wrong?" Krystal asked and Sehun shook his head still smiling. Krystal, wanting to know what's inside her bestfriend's mind made their shoulders bump with each other causing Sehun to chuckle.

"Spill it.." Krystal said and Sehun took a deep breath.

"Never let go of me right?" Sehun said as he looked straight into his bestfriend's eyes. "Why would I?" Krystal asked and Sehun sighed before looking up into the sky again.

"If we face the rough water.. don't let me go.. I know, someday, we'll face that. You know, we'll find it hard to breath but promise me that even if we drown, even if one of us sinks you'll never let me down. No one will ever let go" Sehun said with a much serious voice causing Krystal to nod her head, still puzzled why Sehun said something like that.

"I already promised you to be beside you through ups and downs right?" Krystal said and Sehun nodded. "I know.." Sehun said and Krystal lean her head on his shoulder and he automatically wrapped his hand around her shoulder.

"Just hold me tight, if it's gets hard to breath" Krystal said reassuringly and Sehun nodded. Glancing at his wristwatch, he saw that it was getting late and sighed. 

"Krys.. it's already late. Let's go" Sehun reminded and Krystal removed her head from his shoulder and nodded.

The ride wasn't that long since Krystal's house is already near the place. Sehun wanted to make sure that she went home safe so he accompanied her, arriving infront of her house, Krystal just sighed, her father should be home any minute by now so she have to get going or else if he finds out that she went somewhere else aside home from school, he would probably scold her.

"Bye Sehun.. I have to go in now. Dad's going to kill me if he sees me here" Krystal said letting go of her bestfriend's hands and stealthily opening the door but it suddenly went open causing Krystal to stumble back, Sehun upon seeing this ran to her.

"D-Dad.." Krystal said in shock, her father stood there looking at her with his eyes full of anger. "Didn't I told you to go home early?! Where have you been?!" He asked angrily and Krystal can't do anything, she wasn't able to say anything.

He stepped down to Krystal's level and saw Sehun standing behind Krystal, this added oil into the fire. He doesn't really like Sehun hanging around his daughter, he knows that Sehun has failing grades at school and he never wants a guy who is like that to be around her.

"What are you doing here?!" He asked and Sehun took a deep breath. "I.. I accompanied her home sir" Sehun said but before he can say anything else, the fist of Krystal's father landed on his cheek causing him to drop on the ground.

"Sehun!" Krystal said and ran to Sehun crouching beside him. "Stay away from him!" Her father said before taking Krystal's hand and dragging her away from Sehun. Krystal, wanting to help her bestfriend up ran to him again but was stopped when she felt someone holding her wrist, looking back she saw her mom giving her a disapproving look.

"I have to help him!" Krystal retorted but her mom didn't let her go. "You can't!" She said and Krystal can't do anything but to cry there watching Sehun lie on the ground weakly.

"You.stay.away.from.my.daughter" Krystal's father said while holding Sehun's collar and Sehun can't do anything but to look straight into the man's eyes, not intimidated by the angry look he was giving him.

"Speak!" He shouted again and Sehun shook his head as he coughed causing a slight amount of blood to escape his lips. Krystal upon seeing this tried to break free from her mom but she can't.

"Why can't you understand what I'm saying?!" Mr. Jung asked angrily and Sehun coughed again trying hard to speak despite of the pain he's having now. Glacing at Krystal, he returned his gaze into Mr. Jung's eyes.

"I love your daughter sir, and I'm going to fight for her" Sehun said taking all the courage he has inside to tell everyone there what he really feels while looking straight into his eyes. After doing so, he turned his gaze to Krystal who is now having a surprised look on her face. But this didn't last long when Mr. Jung landed another punch again but this time on his stomach.

Feeling the pain, Sehun crouched on the ground coughing out and spilling some blood.

"Dad stop it! You're hurting him!" Krystal shouted and her dad turned to her. "This will be the last time you see him.. Go inside!" He shouted and Krystal can't do anything to go inside since her mom was pushing her too.

Giving Sehun a last glance, she saw his eyes pleading for help.

That very night, Krystal's parents locked her up in her room, took her phone and everything that might have make her have a connection or any contact with Sehun and she didn't do anything but to cry her heart out. Sehun's confession kept ringing through her ears and it made her heart clench, hearing the sound of the keys outside her room, Krystal wiped her eyes and his herself under the thick blanket.

"Krys.." 

She heard her sister's voice, removing the blanket from her body she gave her older sister, Jessica a tight hug and again tears flowed down her eyes as she remembered everything that had happened earlier.

"Shh, it's alright. It's going to be alright" Jessica said and Krystal cried harder before shaking her head. "Unnie, it hurts.. I don't want to be away from him" Krystal said and Jessica lightly pushed her making their eyes met.

"Do you.. like him?" Jessica asked and Krystal covered her face with both of her hands. "Unnie~"  Krystal whined and Jessica chuckled.

"Tell me" Jessica said and Krystal took a peek between her fingers. "I.. Unnie stop it" Krystal said and Jessica rubbed her shoulder reassuring her that everything would be fine especially now that she knows what Sehun really feels for her.

"Come on.. It's just me here" Jessica pursued again and Krystal sighed before meeting her sister's gaze. "I.. I do like him unnie and I've realized it just now. When he said that he will fight for me" Krystal said and again that same sad look on her face appeared.

"Hey, don't worry.. I'm sure he'll make a way" Jessica said and Krystal nodded. At least, she knows that even if it's just only Jessica, someone supports her with what her decision is and that's enough for her.

Sighing again, she remembered everything that she and Sehun had done earlier. They were just happy, enjoying each other's company and now this.

Is this the rough water Sehun is talking about?

"Thank you unnie" Krystal whispered until they heard their father's voice from the hallway.

"What are you doing here Jessica?" Their dad asked and Jessica stood up before glancing at her sister. "I'm comforting her.." Jessica simply said and Mr. Jung sighed before turning his gaze to his daughter who is now having her poker face on.

"I'm going to sleep now--"

"--Stay here Jessica" Their dad commanded and Jessica can't do anything but to sit beside her sister again. Watching their father stand infront of them with hands on his waist, he looked intently at them.

"I have something to tell you.." Their dad started and Jessica held her sister's hand under the blanket. Looking at her younger sister, Jessica gave Krystal an everything-would-be-okay look.

"What.. What is it dad?" Jessica asked and their father took a deep breath before speaking.

"We'll leave and go back to U.S after Krystal finishes her finals.." Their dad spoke and Krystal's eyes widened and too surprised by the sudden news. Krystal stood up from her bed and gave her dad a look of disbelief, he had gone too far, she thought.

"That this is absurd! I can't! We can't!" Krystal retorted and Jessica nodded with her but didn't say anything else anymore. Mr. Jung on the other hand pointed his finger at Krystal with his angry look again.

"Don't you dare raise your voice on me Krystal! I know why you don't want to leave! That's because of that nasty guy right? Can't you see? He doesn't know how to handle himself, he has failing grades, he's not the guy for you Krystal!" Their dad talked back and Krystal can't do anything but to turn her back on him and took a deep breath fighting her tears. Turning again to her dad Krystal shook her head.

"Can't you just give him a chance to change? Everyone deserves a second chance dad, and you can't just tell me that he's not right for me because I know that I.am.made.for.him" Krystal said and her dad sighed trying to control his temper from hurting his own daughter.

"Did he brainwashed you too? All he did was go easy on life and never care about his grades and his future! All he cares about is fun! Is that the guy you want to be with? You can do better than that Krys.." Her dad said and Krystal shook her head.

"He's not just any other guy dad.." 

"I won't let this conversation go on with you anymore. Want it or not, we're leaving after you finished your final exams.."

Just like that, her father went out of the room and Krystal just fell on the floor with tears spilling out from her eyes. She doesn't know what to do anymore, she doesn't know what else would she do to just stay with him, especially now that she realized everything.

That she loves him too.

"Hey Krys.. Don't cry, here call him if that makes you feel better" Jessica said and handed her phone to Krystal and Krystal hugged her sister before dialling Sehun's number. After a few rings, Sehun picked up but wasn't speaking.

"Sehun.." Krystal trailed off with sobs. "Hey.. Don't cry.." Sehun's weak voice greeted her making Krystal cry harder. 

"I'm sorry with everything that had happened earlier.. Sorry, dad beated you up" Krystal said and Sehun on the other hand not wanting to make her worry about him chuckled weakly while shaking his head as if she can see him.

"It's alright but I admit your dad's a tough one" Sehun said and Krystal wiped her tears away. "Don't joke around like that I'm worried here.. Where are you now?" Krystal asked and it took a few seconds before Sehun can answer her.

"Go out.. In your balcony" Sehun said and Krystal immediately stood up and ran to the balcony. There she saw him standing at the street below while waving his phone, Krystal just stood there not exactly knowing what she should feel until she felt tears rolling down her cheeks again.

"Hey, don't cry.." She heard Sehun's voice through the phone and Krystal nodded. "I'll still see you alright?" Krystal said and she saw Sehun nod his head.

"Of course.. I have to go home now. Take care.." Sehun said and was about to hang up when Krystal spoke again.

"Wait.." Krystal said.

"What is it?" Sehun asked.

"I.. I love you" Krystal said and it automatically put a wide grin on Sehun's bruised face. From where she is standing she saw him wave at her and jumped several times before making a heart symbol with his arms causing Krystal to chuckle.

"I love you more.."

The next morning, Krystal woke up and felt suddenly burdened again. She doesn't know what to do, she doesn't have school today and she knows that she'll be locked up in the house for the whole day, she doesn't have her phone with her too so she can't call Sehun.

Speaking of him, she doesn't know what he's doing now.

Everything that had happened the night before was a blur to her. What are they now? She doesn't exactly know. Yes, they said they love each other but none of them said any commitment about taking their relationship higher.

Are they bestfriends?

or

Are they more than that?

Hearing the knock on her door, Krystal lifted her gaze up and saw her sister entering the room. Smiling a little, Krystal opened her arms welcoming Jessica into an embrace, at least it made her feel better despite of everything that is happening.

"What are you feeling now?" Jessica asked after breaking their hug. "A bit better.. Thanks unnie" Krystal said before smiling a little causing Jessica to smile to and gave her sister a quick hug again. 

"You're welcome.. Everything for my baby sis" Jessica said causing Krystal to pout. "Unnie~" Krystal said and Jessica laughed, the atmosphere is getting better until they heard their mom calling them for breakfast. Hearing this, Krystal gave her sister a hesitant look and Jessica gave her a nod encouraging her to go down and talk to their parents.

Walking down the stairs hand in hand, Krystal saw her mom at the kitchen sitting already at the dining table together with their dad. Heaving out a sigh, they entered the kitchen and Jessica squeezed her sister's hand assuring Krystal that she got her.

"Good you're both awake.." Mr. Jung said and Krystal kept her stoic face on and took a seat on the table with Jessica beside her. "Goodmorning mom.. dad" Jessica greeted and Krystal didn't say anything but to get her spoon and fork making her dad sigh.

"Krystal look--" Her mom started out and Krystal dropped what she is holding before giving them an annoyed look. "Can we not talk about it? We're about to eat right?" Krystal bluntly said and her dad just motioned their mom to just serve their breakfast and they ate in silence.

Their family is a lot more different now then before when they were young, Krystal thought.

While eating in silence, Mr. Jung started to speak up. "Honey, you don't need to pack all the things up. We're going to buy new ones once we arrive there in San Francisco" Mr. Jung said like it wasn't a big deal to him and Krystal just sighed but nonetheless continued to eat her food.

"Really? How about the house?" Mrs. Jung asked. "The caretaker said that the house is still fine.. it's well taken care of no worries" Mr. Jung said and his wife smiled seeing that everything is getting well as what they had planned.

"What about Krystal's school, have you found a good school for her to go to? Jessica's college?" Mrs. Jung once asked again and this made Krystal finally push into her limits. Jessica too.

Dropping the spoon and fork, Krystal stood up abruptly making both of their parents look up to her. Without saying any words, Krystal left them making them surprised with her sudden actions.

"What's wrong with her?" Mr. Jung asked. "Don't ask what's wrong dad.. Don't you see how hard it is for her? You're hurting her dad" Jessica said and this made her dad took a deep breath.

"That guy brainwashed her, now look how your sister have become because she hangs out with him" Mr. Jung talked about and Jessica took a deep breath.

"She didn't dad.. Krystal's a grown girl now, she knows what she's doing so if I were you. I'll stop what I'm doing, you're taking her happiness away" Jessica said and just like that she left her parents in surprise too but this didn't make her dad's decision change. Instead, it made him push what they're planning more.

"Why do they have to do this?! Why?!" 

Krystal finally bursted out as soon as she got inside her room, throwing everything she sees, it seems like it's not enough, the anger and the irritation inside her is slowly eating her up. She doesn't know what to do with her parents anymore, she did everything they want her to do. 

She studied hard, she never went out with her friends, she never did a thing that her parents told her not to do so and now this? All she got was this, her being prevented from seeing the guy she wants to be with.

Life's unfair.

"Hey.. Hey stop it" Jessica's voice rang through her ears as Krystal fell onto the floor with her hands both on her head having a tight grip on her hair. 

"I just hate them! I hate them!" 

First steps, second step, Krystal felt like everytime she takes a step forward it gets harder for her to breath. Entering the school gates, looking back, she saw her mom standing there giving her a stern look. How can she move freely when she knows someone is looking after her?

Finally entering her room, she found Sehun's chair empty. Where can he be? Looking back at the door, she saw her mom talking to her homeroom adviser, she's probably telling them to make her stay away from any distractions and that includes Sehun.

The exams are already starting and the teacher already gave them their exam papers but Sehun wasn't there. Krystal felt distracted that she wasn't able to answer her exams paper like the way she used to before, she left it blank and unanswered.

Hearing a faint sound of the door opening, Krystal looked up and saw Sehun entered the classroom with his usual look. She just watched him as he apologized for being late, but there was something, Sehun seemed to be avoiding her gaze.

What happened to him? She doesn't exactly know, all she just remembers is that Sehun told her that he loves her and now this, him avoiding her.

The exam hours had already ended and Krystal wasn't able to talk to him, not only because he didn't approached her but because her mom was there guarding her all throughout the day. Krystal felt annoyed with this nonetheless she let it pass.

The second day is just the same, him avoiding her gaze. This made Krystal make up her mind, as the bell rang signalling them for the break, Krystal immediately got up and approached Sehun, grabbing his hand, she walked out of the classroom and ignored her mother's calls.

Stopping in a secluded area in the school grounds, Krystal stopped her pace and turned to Sehun.

"What's wrong with you?" Krystal asked and Sehun sighed before scratching his nape. "I don't understand my self Krys.. I want to fight for you but knowing that you will get hurt with this I'm thinking of retreating back and giving up" Sehun said lifting his gaze up and Krystal saw all honesty and worry filling his eyes.

"You said you love me.. you said you will fight for me. Why give up now?" Krystal asked with tears b on her eyes and Sehun sighed before taking both of her hand with his. 

"Listen.. I don't want you to get hurt just because of my selfishness. I don't want to be the reason why you and your dad will hate each other" Sehun explained and Krystal removed her hands from his grip as tears flowed down her cheeks. 

"You're hurting me more.. You asked me never to let go of you when we face the rough water and when it gets hard to breath so please.. I'm begging you.. Don't let go of me now" Krystal said and Sehun closed his eyes and nodded before enveloping her into a tight hug.

"I'm.. I'm going to fight for you. If we have to sink, then we'll sink together. I'm going to be here, if that makes anything better" Sehun said and he felt Krystal nod her hug tightening her hug around his body.

"Just.. don't let go" 

The next few days went smoothly for the two, atleast for Sehun since Krystal is still puzzled about what relationship they're having now. Also, Mr. Jung found out what Krystal had done and it made him look after her more. The past few days, they were acting like a real couple. Well, except for the kisses since they never did that but it made Krystal feel better and completely forget about her leaving, but it made her bothered too. 

What if she takes those gestures Sehun made mistaken? 

What if he doesn't really like to have a commitment with her? 

"Is there something wrong?" Krystal heard a familiar voice coming from her back. Turning her head sidewards, she saw Sehun leaning close to her, his face a few inches away from her to be exact.

"N-Nothing.." Krystal said before resuming back to reading her book not forgetting to glance at the door to see if her mom was there, luckily, she was not and it's only the two of them inside the classroom.

"Hey, I know something IS bothering you. Tell me" Sehun said and Krystal didn't say anything, instead, she continued reading her book completely ignoring Sehun and her heart that was beating so fast.

"Krys.. Come on, tell me" Sehun voiced out again but Krystal ignored her.

"Krys.. Come on~" Sehun whined and Krystal turned to him, ignoring the fact that his face is so close to hers that one wrong move can make them kiss.

"Say, what are we now?" Krystal asked and this question     changed the expression on Sehun's face. Krystal, on the other hand doesn't know what to say next. She's dead curious and she badly wants to know his answer but it doesn't seem to be a good one based on the expression on his face now.

"Krys.." Sehun trailed probably thinking of a right answer.

"Tell me.. Honestly.." Krystal said and Sehun sighed.

"I do love you okay? It's just that, I don't want to begin that kind of relationship with you, not when your father hates me. I want to prove him first that I'm worthy enough to be with you then after that.. I will.. I will make you mine" Sehun said and Krystal nodded upon seeing the sincerity in his eyes.

"I.. understand.." Krystal said as she smiled and this made him smile too.

"I just want him to know that I've got good intentions.." Sehun said and Krystal chuckled nodding her head, soon the two are lost in their little world again that they didn't notice people observing them. They just care about each other and not the world or everyone that tries to break them right now.

The last day of the exams came and Krystal woke up earlier than she does, she looked outside and saw that the sun hasn't risen up yet, then again she remembered what her father told her the night before.

We're going to leave.

Those words kept ringing through her ears and she felt bothered suddenly. Abruptly going up from her bed, Krystal ran to her sister's room and without knocking she barged in and saw her older sister sleeping peacefully.

"Unnie.. Unnie wake up!" Krystal said while shaking Jessica's body and not long after her sister opened her eyes. "What do you want?" Jessica asked groggily.

"Your phone.. I need it" Krystal said and Jessica sleepily reached out her phone and handed it to Krystal before going back to sleep. "Thanks.." Krystal muttered and dialled Sehun's number.

After a few rings, Sehun picked up with his still sleepy voice.

"Hey Krys.. Do you need something?" Sehun greeted and Krystal sighed. "Meet me up.. By the river, right now" Krystal said and Sehun on the other hand sat up upon hearing Krystal's request.

"Why?" Sehun asked.

"Just go there.. Meet me up please" Krystal said and Sehun sighed. "Alright.. I will see you in 10" Sehun said and and hang up. After doing so, Krystal ran back to her room and did her morning routine as fast as she can.

Having her place near the river, Krystal arrived first and not long after Sehun arrived too. Upon seeing him walk to her, Krystal ran and gave him a hug letting her tears finally fall.

"Hey is there something wrong?" Sehun asked worriedly and Krystal didn't say anything. "Krys.." Sehun called and Krystal looked up on him.

"We'll.. We'll go back to America after the exams today" Krystal said and Sehun's hold loosened. Krystal immediately saw worries in his eyes and just like that he masked it up.

"Why.. Why didn't you tell me earlier?" Sehun asked and Krystal shook her head. "I don't know.. I.. I just got too drawn and busy with you that I tend to forget it.. I'm sorry" Krystal said before crying again and Sehun hugged her tight.

"It's alright.. It's alright.." Sehun said trying his best to comfort her but it seems like it's not working. 

"What are we going to do?" Krystal's question strucked right through him and he found no words to say at all. He too doesn't know what he should do, he's afraid, he's worried, he wants to fight for her but he knows that he can't especially now knowing that she's going to leave and be far away from him.

"I.. I don't know.." Sehun muttered and Krystal buried her face in his chest crying her heart out. "Can't we just run away?" Krystal desperately asked and Sehun sighed before cupping her face with both of his hand making they eyes meet. 

"We can't Krys.. We can't" Sehun said and Krystal removed his hands from her face and turned her back on him causing Sehun to sigh in disappointment. 

"Are you just going to let it happen? I thought you want me to not let go of you, why are you doing this now?" Krystal asked then she felt arms wrapping around her from the back. 

"Krys.. We can't solve it by running away. Go back home, we'll face it together" Sehun said and Krystal turned to face him.

"You promise you'll hold on.." Krystal said and Sehun nodded. Leaning in slowly, Krystal placed a gentle kiss on his lips.

Smiling back, Sehun planted a light kiss on her forehead before taking her hand and leading her back home.

On the other hand.

"Where the hell is Krystal?! Jessica didn't you know where your sister is?!" Mr. Jung asked angrily when he saw that Krystal's room is empty, it made him think that Krystal had run away with Sehun and this made him hate the young guy more.

"How am I supposed to know? I was sleeping dad.." Jessica denied although she knows the real reason why Krystal was missing. No, she's not tolerating her sister but she trusts her, she trusts Krystal and Sehun.

"You are supposed to look after her.." Her mom said this time making Jessica pissed from all the blaming she have to hear early in the morning.

"Now it's me you're blaming! It's not My fault if she decided to run away, it's YOURS" Jessica said before stomping back to her own room not forgetting to slam the door shut making both of her parents speechless.

Not long after, both Mr. and Mrs. Jung heard a faint sound from outside so Mr. Jung ran to the gates only to see Krystal with Sehun standing infront of the gates. Boiling with anger, Mr. Jung made his way to Sehun ready to hurt him again but Krystal stood in between them.

"What are you doing? Get out of my way Krystal.." Her dad threatened but Krystal stood there not moving an inch, not intimidated by the angry look her father is giving her.

"I won't.. I know you'll hurt him" Krystal calmly said and Mr. Jung flexed his jaw trying to control his temper. 

"He's the reason why you ran away.." Mr. Jung said and Krystal gave him a look of disbelief. "I ran away? Dad can't you see I'm here? I planned to, alright. But because of Sehun, because he convinced me to go back here.. I did. I did came back even when I don't want to" Krystal said and Mr. Jung didn't listen to her. 

"Now you're making it look like he had done something good.." Mr. Jung said while looking straight into Sehun's eyes as if daring him to talk.

"He really did dad.. Because if it wasn't for him I would have been far away from here" Krystal said and Mr. Jung shook his head.

"It's okay if you don't believe your daughter sir.. But please hear her out sir, about your plan on leaving" Sehun finally voiced out and Krystal turned to him before looking back to her father.

"You! You brainwashed her! You're a jerk! Come here infront of me and don't hide on her back, show me what you got" Mr. Jung angrily said trying to push Sehun to his limits but Sehun kept calm before taking Krystal's wrist pulling her to his back and standing infront of Mr. Jung.

"I would never stand up to you sir, I respect you as Krystal's father and if you see me as a jerk.. I can never blame you because I know I have been but Krystal changed me. Your daughter made me realize what's right and wrong sir, and I just want you to know that I have a clean intention and running away because I felt pressured by you isn't the best thing to do and if you want me to stop seeing her now.." Sehun said as he gave Krystal a glance and back to Mr. Jung.

"That I can't do.. She's my life" 

"You're getting into my nerves!" Mr. Jung and raised his hand up ready to hit Sehun but he just stood there not moving an inch. "Do what you want sir.. If this is the only way for me to prove to you that I mean everything I said then so be it.." Sehun said and Mr. Jung put his hand down before turning to his wife.

"Take Krystal now" Mr. Jung said. "And you young lady.. You'll take your exams on the dean's office and we'll go after that" Mr. Jung said and Mrs. Jung dragged Krystal inside their house. Sehun was about to call her when Mr. Jung pushed Sehun by the chest.

"This is what you want right? Then let's see how long you can hold on because you'll never see her again" Mr. Jung said before following his wife and Krystal inside their house leaving Sehun outside. Being frustrated, Sehun kicked the small stone infront of him and groaned in disappointment.

"Dad you can't do this!" Krystal retorted as soon as she stepped inside their house. 

"Just get ready, finish you exams and we'll go straight into the airport" 

"No!" Krystal said but it was already late. Mr. Jung already left her and entered his room, frustrated, Krystal went upstairs and slammed her door before crying her heart out.

"These are your exams Ms. Jung, after doing that you can go home" The dean said handling Krystal her exam papers and Krystal sighed taking it from the dean. She looked back and saw both of her parents standing just outside the dean's office waiting for her to be finished.

I don't want to give up yet, Krystal thought as she stared at her exam papers but nonetheless started to answer it. 

After two hours, Krystal finished answering her exam paper but the dean noticed that she wasn't moving from her place. "Is there something wrong Ms. Jung?" The dean asked and Krystal looked up before faking a smile and shaking her head.

"No there isn't ma'am.. I'll get going now" Krystal said before standing up and walking out of the office. Upon seeing her out, Mr. and Mrs. Jung stood up and approached Krystal but she just kept walking past them and both of her parents had no choice but to follow her silently.

"Let's head to the airport now.." Mr. Jung said and Krystal silently entered the car. Looking outside the window, the car started to move and drive throughout the school's way towards the exit and while looking out, Krystal saw Sehun standing just beside a tree on the way towards the school's gate.

The car drove past him and Krystal looked back only to see him staring at her, slowly his figure started to become smaller and smaller until he is out of her sight. This made her heart shatter into pieces and felt tears threatening to fall down from her eyes but she held it in.

The way to the airport was dead silence and no one dared to talk. Krystal kept silent all throughout the ride and never even spared her parents a glance, on the other hand, her parents doesn't seem to care and just talked about how excited they are going back to the states. 

Feeling the car stopped moving, Krystal lifted her head up and saw that they're already at the airport. Going out, she saw Jessica standing a few meters away from them waiting. Upon seeing her sister, Krystal immediately walked to her sister and gave her a tight hug.

"Shh.. don't cry, don't cry" Jessica said trying her best to comfort her sister and Krystal only continued to sob. Their parents didn't do anything but to just watch them, Krystal to be exact.

"Let's go.. We can't be late" Mr. Jung said leading the way and Krystal didn't moved away from her sister's grip, instead all the way in, she kept hugging Jessica in desire to find a little comfort from her sister.

Passing through the immigrations and other stuffs, Krystal and her family only waited for the gates to be opened and after that they will leave, with a heavy feeling inside her Krystal took a seat far away from her parents and Jessica sat with her still comforting her younger sister.

"Hey.. Don't cry Krys. I'm sure Sehun would not want to see you be this way" Jessica said and Krystal wiped the tears on her eyes before shaking her head. "If he doesn't want me to be like this then why the hell didn't he let me run away with him?" Krystal desperately asked and Jessica rubbed her shoulder.

"Hey, I'm sure he has his reason" Jessica said and Krystal shook her head before abruptly standing up.

"I don't care.. Now all I'm thinking is that he let go of me and let me sink. He just watched me drown" Krystal said and before Jessica can say anything. The passengers on the plane they are boarding are already called, seeing their dad motioned them to go there. The two sister can't do anything but to follow their parents.

Boarding the plane, Krystal looked outside the window as she let out a deep sigh.

Goodbye.

That one word that made her heart shatter into pieces, taking off, Krystal saw the lights below and it only reminded her of him. Everywhere, anywhere she looks, all that she can see is his face.

Sehun's face.

 

3 YEARS LATER..

If we face the rough water, we'll find it hard to breath but promise me that even if we drown, even if one of us sinks, no one will ever let go.

I'm going to fight for you. If we have to sink, then we'll sink together.


"Krystal.. Aren't you suppose to have a job interview today?" Jessica loudly asked from downstairs and this made Krystal grumble in annoyance. 

"Unnie, I'm going down, just wait" Krystal talked back in english and after that she didn't hear anything from her sister anymore. Finishing her make up, Krystal went downstairs and saw her sister Jessica standing in the middle of the living room with her arms crossed.

"Took you a hundred years.." Jessica said and Krystal sighed. 

"I'm sorry.." Krystal said before giving her sister a hug and a kiss on the cheek and just like that Jessica's annoyance is now gone.

"Come on.. Let's go now so we can be back early" Jessica said and Krystal nodded following her sister outside. The ride wasn't long since the company where Krystal is going is just near their place and other than that, the CEO of the place is Jessica's friend assuring them that they wouldn't take long enough for the interview.

"Hey Jess.." A voice greeted as soon as they entered the building. Smiling widely, Jessica ran to hug her friend. 

"Hey, Tiff.. Been a while" Jessica said and Tiffany smiled before hugging her friend again. "Yeah, I know right" Tiffany said and again they squealed like they haven't seen each other for years when the truth is Jessica haven't seen Tiffany for only a matter of two weeks.

"So, where's baby Jung?" Tiffany asked and Krystal rolled her eyes. 

"Unnie stop it.." Krystal grumbled before approaching Tiffany and giving the older girl a hug. "Oh hi there Krys.. Ready for the interview?" Tiffany asked and Krystal nodded reassuringly.

"Then let's go.. Jessi, you can wait at my office" Tiffany said and Jessica gave a thumbs up before going in a separate way from Tiffany and Krystal. Entering the elevator, Krystal let out sigh and Tiffany saw her face again, that same face she has eversince she came back from Korea three years ago.

"Hey Krys.. you know, whatever you're thinking now, I know, it'll be alright" Tiffany said while patting Krystal's back and the younger girl faked a smile. Krystal thought, is it really going to be alright when it's already three years that had passed?

Sehun probably forgot about her.

Stepping out of the elevator, Krystal saw a long table in the middle of the big room and Tiffany motioned her to sit. There, the interview began.

After a little more than ten minutes, the interview ended and Tiffany accompanied Krystal to her sister. Jessica on the other hand upon seeing her sister with Tiffany came back from the interview smiled before giving them a wave, Tiffany waved back while Krystal only smiled.

"So, how's the interview?" Jessica asked as soon as the two approached her. "She's good.." Tiffany said and Jessica smiled proudly before hugging her sister tight.

"Then.. We'll get going now. Tiffy, let's go hangout some time alright?" Jessica said and Tiffany smiled before giving her friend a thumbs up. 

Leaving, Krystal entered the car without saying anything and Jessica upon seeing this sighed. "Hey, don't act like the world fell on you" Jessica said after putting her seatbelt and starting the car.

"Just.. Don't mind me unnie" Krystal said before leaning her head on the window before sighing. Again.

"You miss him don't you? Krys, it's been three years" Jessica said before taking a glance at her sister and returning her gaze back on the road. 

"I know right, three years, three freaking years and I still love him. He didn't even fight for me why do I still feel this way?" Krystal asked and automatically tears flowed down from her eyes.

"Hey.. Stop crying. You're the one who told me that he's serious and that he wants to impress dad and make him see that he's got a clean intention on you. Maybe, those three years, he tries to improve himself for you. Don't you think so?" Jessica asked and Krystal didn't say anything else.

"I'm moving on.." 

Arriving back home, Krystal saw that her parents are already back from their trip from somewhere else making her shook her head. Seeing her sister's actions, Jessica immediately knew the reason but it made her stop mid-step when she saw her sister stood infront of the front porch.Frozen.

There, a man with a black hair wearing glasses and in a suit was standing infront of Krystal.

"S-Sehun.." Krystal said in disbelief and he smiled as he walked closer to Krystal. 

"Finally.. I saw you" Sehun said and was immediately pushed back by the sudden force coming from Krystal. She ran to him and hugged him tight, tears were flowing down from her eyes and Sehun smiled before kissing the top of her head.

"H-How?" Krystal asked still in surprise. 

"I.. I made myself a better man and promised your dad that I will see you once I became better and now here I am. Making up my promise to you, making your dad see that I do love you and that I have the sincerest intentions on his daughter. I'm not.. late.. aren't I?" Sehun asked while wiping her tears away and Krystal abruptly shook her head making Sehun smile.

"Y-You.. promised dad?" Krystal asked and Sehun nodded before turning around. There, Krystal saw her dad standing behind them.

"He did promised me Krystal.." Mr. Jung said and Krystal looked back to Sehun. "It's one of the reasons why I didn't ran after you to the airport.. I let you go and made myself worthy enough for you" Sehun said and Krystal this time wiped her own tears away.

"T-Thank you.. F-For coming back" Krystal said and Sehun smiled. "D-Dad.." Krystal said and Mr. Jung approached her before giving his daughter a hug.

"Don't cry princess.. Daddy's not going to stop you anymore" Mr. Jung said and Krystal broke there hug and looked at him in disbelief.

"Really?" Krystal asked and Mr. Jung nodded. This time, Mr. Jung turned to Sehun.

"Take care of my daughter alright?" He asked and Sehun nodded his head firmly. "I will sir.." Sehun said and Mr. Jung patted his shoulder.

"You proved me more than enough.. Call me uncle" Mr. Jung said and Sehun smiled. "Thank you uncle.." Sehun said and Krystal walked back to him with her expression full of happiness.

"Thank you not giving up on me Krys.. Thank you for patiently waiting" Sehun said and Krystal shook her head before hugging him tight again never wanting to let go of him anymore.

"It's because of you.. You never let go of me, you never let me sink"