(KaiStal) Strangers

Oneshot Anthology

"We all start as strangers"

 

"Sis, are you there? I need to tell you something" Krystal pressed send button after typing her message to her bestfriend Sulli. She put her phone down and turned her attention back on the television, it was noon there in Canada and probably it was three in the morning back in China, Sulli's there doing a vacation with her family while her, on the other hand migrated in Canada.

Distance seperated both of them, but never, she means never did they let distance be a barrier for them. 

Her phone did a 'katalk' sound making her divert her eyes to her phone. A message from Sulli, she smiled seeing that her best friend is still wide awake after all, she chuckled. Sulli can be as crazy as her in some time, well they're both crazy after all. She quickly opened the app, typed her passcode and then voila, their conversation appeared. 

"Really? Tell me then.." Sulli's message said and right just below the message, Sulli sent a dancing emoticon with hearts around it. Krystal chuckled seeing her bestfriend's silly message, well, what are bestfriends for right? Sulli always has that power to somewhat make her smile. 

Now she missed her friends, her classmates. Luna, Victoria, Amber.. Oh, how much she wants to hug those girls again. 

"A guy was staring me back at the bus earlier.. He's creeping me out you know" Krystal typed while she smiled. She didn't put her phone aside anymore, Sullis reply was quick so she smiled. 

"Oh, gee! He likes you sis!" Sulli messaged and Krystal chuckled. She was about to reply when Sulli, again, sent an emoticon this time portraying a 'swag' expression. 

"Shut up.." Krystal typed and chuckled before shaking her head. Sulli again is getting crazy, she thought.

"Hey, I'm available at skype. Call meee" Sulli messaged her and Krystal closed the app before opening her Skype account. Seeing that her bestfriend is already online, she immadiately gave her a video call and after a few seconds Sulli answered. 

"SIS! OH MY GOD! I MISSED YOU!" Sulli said while doing a frantic hand wave and Krystal chuckled before waving back. "I missed you too you know.. I missed Luna, Vic, Amber.. all of you guys" Krystal said and then the sudden feeling of longingness, loneliness and emptiness filled her heart. Her school life was never the same without her crazy friends, her life was never the same when she enters the house without her friends trailing behind her asking if there are snacks or if there's a new movie to watch. 

Her life before she went to Canada was so much of fun, she got amazing friends, amazing school, she got happiness but when she migrated, she missed that same old feeling of having so many friends around her, including there was Sulli and her three other friends. They've been bestfriends for two years now and she can't deny that she missed that girl. 

"Hey, hey don't cry. I'll cry here too" Sulli said and Krystal beamed a smile before giving her bestfriend a nod. Sulli let out a sigh of relief, she hates it, especially seeing Krystal down because she misses her friends, her old life. 

"Alright.. So as what I'm saying earlier. There's this guy that's been staring at me for like forever back in the bus" Krystal said and Sulli chuckled before teasing her bestfriend. 

"Aww, he must be really attracted to you. Now, I wonder if Minho still feels attracted to me" Sulli said while doing a fake frown causing Krystal to chuckle. Minho was Sulli's ex-boyfriend and they dated for a matter of four months before they ended everything together since both of them thought that it was for the better. 

Sulli, on the other hand, is still inlove with him. Even if it's been a year already.

Clichè.

"Of course he would! I mean, Minho loves you" Krystal said trying to encourage her friend and Sulli chuckled before sticking her tongue out. "No and no, Minho doesn't even want me anymore" Sulli said with a sad voice causing Krystal to frown. Minho is one of her close friends too and she have to admit it, Sulli and Minho looked good together. 

Even when they're not dating anymore. 

"Geez, let's not talk about him anymore since he's the one who broke up with me. Sooo, how's the creepy guy?" Sulli asked causing Krystal to scowl. She have to admit that the guy looks good but his stares, his stares are really creeping her out. Yes, she had crushes before but never did she had a boyfriend, so she feels uncomfortable especially with a guy staring at her. 

"I'll really strangle Minho.. He's really creeping me out! Oh, I got a name for him" Krystal said and Sulli gave her a sly grin. Krystal just shook her head seeing how friend her crazy her friend is. But she liked it though, she felt that a bit of her emptiness vanishes whenever she's talking to Sulli. 

Sulli's  like that too, she feels happy talking to her bestfriend.

"You're not dating yet and you already had a name for him?! What the hell is that Krystal Jung?!" Sulli acted like she's surprised before bursting out laughing picturing herself on how she looked when she said those words. "Choi Sulli, I did not say that it's a pet name!" Krystal defended and Sulli kept her laughing enjoying on how she bestfriend. 

"Alright, alright..You say so, then what's the name?" Sulli curiously asked and Krystal smiled before saying. 

"Mr. Creepy Guy.." Krystal trailed and Sulli did an 'o' sign with causing Krystal to roll her eyes. She expected Sulli to react BETTER than that. 

"Oh, well.. So tell me, does he look attractive to you?" Sulli asked and Krystal recalled everything that had happened back there in the bus. "Yes, I mean.. he's good looking" Krystal said causing Sulli to chuckle. 

"So.. You like him?" Sulli slyly asked and Krystal's eyes widened. "No!" Krystal curtly answered back and Sulli just smiled. 

"Hey.. Aren't you planning to sleep?" Krystal asked worriedly knowing that any hour by now, the sun will rise up at Sulli's place. "Oh, yeah.. I'll sleep now before I face mom's wrath! Goodbye!" Sulli said before dorkily waving infront of her cam and Krystal waved back happily. 

"Bye sis! I miss you! Take care of yourself alright? I love you!!" Krystal said and Sulli chuckled before nodding. "Alright, take care of yourself too and don't get sick, I miss you more! I love you too!" Sulli said before ending the call. It was habit of them already, saying they missed each other so much when they always talked. 

After ending the call, Krystal felt bored. She looked around the house and silence filled the place, oh how she wished to have a company in times like this. Maybe one of her friends, like Sulli, Victoria or Amber or Luna or maybe the all of them. She sighed as she got off the couch and headed to the door. 

She went out of the house and the sun greeted her, it was still cold though so she tightened her grip on her jacket before heading to the nearest park. She took a seat on one of the benches, plugged her earphones and sighed before looking around. The people looks like having so much fun but she, she's bored to death.

She scanned to her list of songs and hummed her favorite song until she felt a weird feeling throughout her body, she felt like someone's staring at her. She shot her head up and there, the creepy guy who kept staring at her back in the bus was there, staring at her, again. 

Their eyes met and she looked away quickly, she felt her heart beating so fast. No, not because she's drawn to him but she felt suddenly nervous. She sighed as she thought of telling this to her bestfriend.

Again, Krystal's room was filled with laughter the next day. Sulli, again spent time on talking to her, again, in Kakaotalk or Skype, whatever suits their mood. The time difference was a barrier for them but never did it bother them, they were crazy, they find ways on such things like this. 

They're inseperable.. 

"I really hate Minho, he's so dense!" Sulli frustratedly shouted causing Krystal to laugh. Her bestfriend looked like a hopeless romantic, no, Sulli really is. How? Well, she still waits for Minho to get back to her even when it's a year already when they broke up. Krystal knows that it's hard for Sulli too, since she knows that her bestfriend still loves that guy. 

"Hey, calm down. You know, you two are really cute! I can't understand why you two take simple things to complicated situations when all I know is that you both still love each other" Krystal said causing Sulli to roll her eyes. Maybe it wasn't the case anymore, Yoona thought. 

What if Minho doesn't have any feelings for her anymore? To add it up, it's been a year already. 

"He doesn't love me anymore.. Hey, it's been a year alright and I know he already found someone" Sulli said and Krystal shook her head. "Suit your self but I'm telling you.. he still have those lingering feelings for you sis" Krystal teased causing both of them to burst out laughing again. 

It was always their topic, Sulli and Minho's relationship or if not, they spazz or whatever. They always find something in little things.

"No.. He doesn't love me" Sulli grumbled and Krystal suddenly bursted out laughing seeing her bestfriend's helpless state. "Sis.." Krystal said with a serious voice causing Sulli to stop sulking. 

"What is it?" Sulli asked curiously, wondering why her friend suddenly became serious. "I saw him yesterday.. again.." Krystal muttered and Sulli's eyes widened before smiling and her smile slowly turned into a sly grin making her look like a serial killer, well, in her bestfriend's eyes. 

"What did you do? Where?" Sulli asked while still keeping that scary sly grin on her face. "I was on the park, you know killing some boredom then I felt someone staring at me then voila there he is, staring at me creeping me out" Krystal said and Sulli squealed loudly. 

"That was so cute!" Sulli said with her voice a notch higher than usual. "It creeps me out and you think it was cute?!" Krystal asked in disbelief not being able to take Sulli's level of craziness oh well, she's like that too. 

"Yes! I mean, see you saw him at the bus and you met him again in the park! Isn't it destiny?!" Sulli said with he overly joyful voice and Krystal mentally face-palmed. 

"This is a small place Sul, of course I can meet him again anytime" Krystal said with as-a-matter-of-fact voice but Sulli shook her head stubbornly.

"I still think that it's destiny.."

A few more days had passed and Sulli's school started again so she wasn't able to talk to Krystal like she used to back when she's on vacation. Krystal on the other hand didn't see the creepy guy anymore right after their last encounter, she was sure it was only a coincidence.

"SIIIIISSSSS! I HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL YOU!" Sulli excitedly typed on her phone as soon as she opened her Kakao account, it was the first free time she had right after she started going to school. 

"What is it?" Krystal asked before sending an emoticon with a confused face. She smiled, she missed Sulli the past few days and her bestfriend's dorky attitude made her miss Sulli more. Well, Sulli shares the same feelings too. She always wished to have Krystal's company in everything, she badly misses her bestfriend.

"I dreamt about something" Sulli replied back and although Krystal can't see her. She was sure that Sulli, again has that sly smile on her face. 

"What's your dream about?" Krystal typed back excited to know what Sulli is talking about. 

"I had this dream, where I was like, standing in a place and..this place has a European touch. I was wearing this white dress and I saw you standing not far from me. You're talking to your mom and you're a wearing a floral wedding dress, I bet it was the reception since you looked like the bride and there's this guy, your groom.. he was standing right infront of me talking to someone" Sulli sent the message and as soon as Krystal saw this her eyes widened. 

"What does he look like?! What does he look like?!" Krystal asked getting more hyped up because of her bestfriend's news.

"I didn't know since he has his back facing me but.. believe me. The way he stands looks.. handsome. His body is well-built and he has a good skin tone" Sulli described everything she saw from that guy who is Krystal's 'groom'. 

"I wanna meet him! No! I want to see him!" Krystal typed and sent the message to Sulli. She felt giddy suddenly, she doesn't know why Sulli had that kind of dream but she's expecting to meet that guy is. She's hoping that she would meet the guy who would be her groom. 

"Oh, well. That's all for now.. I'm going to sleep! Bye sis!" Sulli sent her last message before drifting back to sleep. Right after their last conversation, Sulli's schedule became hectic because of her school's demanding requirements making it occupy her whole day. They still kept sending messages to each other but unlike before, the two wasn't able to talk 'normally'. 

The weekend came and meaning, Sulli's free from her hectic schoolworks. She opened her Kakaotalk account and saw that Krystal messaged her, upon reading it, she immediately replied back and quickly Krystal answered. 

"I met Mr. Creepy Guy again" Krystal typed and sent the message to Sulli. Sulli on the other hand grinned upon seeing her bestfriend's message.

"That must be DESTINY! No! It's... FATE!!"

"What did he do?" Sulli sent her next message again and waited for Krystal's reply.

"He was like staring at me.. but I think he's looking at the wall" Krystal informed causing Sulli to chuckle. 

"You're more attractive than the wall sis.." Sulli sent the message and can't help but to laugh with her own words. A wall? Compared to Krystal? No way, Krystal's prettier.

Much more. 

"Geez, the wall's beautiful. I bet he's looking at it" Krystal arugued back with the message but Sulli just rolled her eyes. 

"You say so.. But I'm telling you.. That Creepy guy likes you" 

Days, again, had passed and the weren't able to talk normally because of the time difference. Also, they were both busy with their own lives, with Krystal getting herself ready for another school year and Sulli preparing for her first quarter's final exams. 

But, despite of that. Their bond is still strong, who can break their bond right? No one. 

THEY MEAN NO ONE.

It was a typical day for Krystal again and because of her boredom, she went outside and decided to take a stroll on the nearby park. While walking, she felt a sudden tap on her shoulder and when she turned, she saw that creepy guy standing a few centimeters away from her. 

Krystal can't think of any words to say, she's surprised, nervous, scared. 

"H-Hi" The guy said or more like Mr. Creepy Guy just like what Krystal likes to call him. "H-Hello.." Krystal answered back still nervous. Of course, why wouldn't she be? That creepy guy is a stranger and he kept staring at her ALWAYS, like everytime they meet he would stare at her. 

"I-I'm Kai.." He said before extending his hand and offering it to Krystal. 

Oh, so that's his name. Krystal thought. 

"I'm Krystal.." Krystal said before taking his hand and quickly shaking it before letting it go. 

"N-Nice to meet you.. I mean, I'm sorry if I creeped you out because I kept staring at you. I mean.. you're pretty so who wouldn't felt attracted with that?" He said hastily trying hard not to stutter with his words causing Krystal to chuckle. 

"Oh.. It's okay. You looked like a nice guy to me so.. yeah no problem" Krystal said with a reassuring voice causing Kai to shyly smile at her. 

She's really pretty, Kai thought. 

"C-Can we be f-friends?" Kai asked but Krystal didn't answer. He felt bewildered but other than that he felt stupid for asking her to be his friend when they just met for like a couple of minutes ago. He mentally scolded herself, first impression always lasts! No he can't give her an impression where nevertheless he looks stupid!

"It's okay if you don't want to.. I--"

"We can... so.. friends?"

"Friends.." 

So, maybe it's a start of something new with Krystal's life. Maybe just maybe, she met the guy Sulli's telling about, maybe this time their friendship can turn into something more, something blissful. 

To him, she's not just a stranger. She's a special stranger, a beautiful one to be exact. 

She's his beautiful stranger and he's going to keep her forever.

"Mom, are you sure I'll transfer schools?" Krystal asked her mother for the umpteenth time about the sudden school transfer her father decided. It was only a year that had passed ever since they migrated to Canada and now she's going to transfer schools because she's entering the senior high and the school she goes to now doesn't offer thos Krystal sighed, she just met new friends and now she's already going to be away from them.

"Krys you're in senior high now.." That was the only answer her mom told her. Truth to be told, it was hard for Krystal's mom too to see her daughter have a hard time adjustingm but she knows that she can't do anything other than to cheer Krystal up.

"I thought it'll be fun here before.." Krystal grumbled as she entered her room and closed the door. No, she wasn't mad but she's frustrated. She's frustrated over them fact that she needs to cope up into another world again and moreover, she needs to start fro nothing again.

No friends, no acquaintances.

"I just wish you're here.." Krystal muttered while looking at her and Sulli's picture on her phone. It was their first picture and even the last before she migrated, she doesn't even know why but for all she knows even when she and Sulli are bestfriends eversince their first year in highschool, they never got a picture together.

Weird right?

Adding the fact that the picture she owns can't still be called 'their' picture since Victoria joined them. Now, she doesn't really have any pictures of her and Sulli only. But that doesn't matter to her though because it's the memories that she treasures the most. 

"Krys you'll have your school interview today.. Don't be late" Her mother reminded and Krystal sighed before letting out a frustrated groan. She felt like she's going to be insane any minute by now, first she doesn't have anyone to talk to, second Sulli's been gone for days and she can't talk to her and third Kai's been missing ever since the introduction they made.

She doesn't know what kind of friendship they have now and she kept wondering about it. What if Kai was just playing pranks on her and she will get her hopes high that he's going to see her again? No, she can't risk that.

Later that afternoon..

"We'll be out in the parking lot.. Call us when you're done with the interview" Krystal's mom said before leaving her there and Krystal just nodded her head before letting out a sigh. Her junior year wasn't even done but yet there she is already getting prepared for her senior years, she looked around and saw some students walking there not forgetting to give her a glance.

She sighed. Can she handle this? 

Turning the knob after knocking at the door and entering the room, Krystal saw a middle-aged man sitting at the center of the room while reading some files on his desk, he looked up and suddenly Krystal felt nervous to the point that she felt her hands shaking, it was the same old feeling she felt when she first came here and got interviewed on the school she's going to. But she felt somewhat different here.

"Oh, are you Ms. Jung?" He asked with a kind smile and Krystal nodded her head. He motioned her to sit on the chair infront of his desk and Krystal muttered a light thank you before taking her seat.

"Your parents called our school the other day and I'm glad that they chose to let you go here" The man said and Krystal smiled before nodding her head. If she can choose, she would have just wanted to stay at her current school but she knows that they are not offering the senior year that's why it made her feel somewhat frustrated.

"I-I'm glad to be here too" Krystal said while lightly stuttering and the man nodded. "Are you nervous?" He asked and Krystal lightly nodded her head. 

"Don't be.. I will just ask a few simple questions and we're done" The man said with a reassuring voice and Krystal sighed as the interview began.

Going out of the office, Krystal felt that she can breath freely now. Looking back at the closed door, she sighed, it's not that the interview went bad but she still feels like she doesn't want to change schools yet especially now that she just made friends there and now she's going to leave again, walking down the corridor, Krystal looked down on the floor until her head bumped on to something. 

"Watch it.." The voice said and Krystal looked up as her eyes widened. "Kai?" Krystal asked in disbelief and Kai didn't say anything but he only smiled at her, a warm one to be exact.

"What are you doing here?" Kai wondered as he took a glance behind Krystal's back and noticed that she just went out of the principal's office. Krystal took a deep breath before giving Kai a smile, even when they call each other as friends, Krystal still feels uncomfortable around him and that sometimes makes her wonder why. 

"I.. I got interviews" Krystal said and Kai's eyes widened in surprise. "You're going to study here?" Kai asked with a lot of excitement in his voice and Krystal smiled before nodding her head. Kai on the other hand smiled widely knowing that Krystal will go on the same school as him.

"That's good then.." Kai said and Krystal lightly nodded her head. "It is.." Krystal said then she remembered her frustration about going here before. Maybe it wouldn't her if she gives it a try right? Besides, Kai would be there so she'll still have a friend.

"So, you're going now?" Kai asked and Krystal smiled before nodding her head. "Yeah, I have to go now. See you around" Krystal said and Kai smiled before nodding his head. 

"See you.." 

"He goes on the same school I'm going to.." Krystal suddenly spoke up as soon as Sulli picked up her call on skype. "What really?! That must be destiny!" Sulli squealed happily and Krystal chuckled seeing how happy her friend was. She would be lying if she says that she doesn't like seeing Kai there, infact, she grew curious about him everytime they see each other at the park or sometimes when they would ride the same bus home but it never escalated further much to Krystal's knowledge, she knows  that she has this little feeling of liking him but she never let it go deeper anymore.

"Nah, I don't think so. Besides what if Kai has a girlfriend? I can't let myself get hurt you know" Krystal said and Sulli's smile immediately faded away. Krystal expected Sulli to sympathize her but no, Sulli did the opposite. 

"Come on, bring that girl to me I'll make her bald!" Sulli said and Krystal rolled her eyes. She expected Sulli to say things like 'it's okay, you still got me' or 'it's going to be alright there are still guys out there who's going to date you'. 

"Just go here, I'm missing you more now" Krystal said with a frown on her face and Sulli immidiately stopped when she saw the visible frown on Krystal's face. 

"I'm taking care of the papers already.." Sulli said and Krystal's eyes immediately widened. "Really?" Krystal asked with her face immediately lighting up and Sulli nodded her head smiling back at her bestfriend.

"Just a couple of months.. I'll try my best to see you" Sulli said and Krystal smiled before nodding her head. "Okay, back to that creepy guy. How's the two of you doing?" Sulli asked and Krystal nonchalantly shrugged her shoulders. 

"Don't ask me.." Krystal said and Sulli giggled. "Eyy, she's falling inlove" Sulli said and Krystal laughed sarcastically.

"Am not.." She answered.

Months had already passed and Krystal's new school year began again. It was a bit hard for her, not really knowing anyone there. All she got was herself, she eats alone, studies alone, goes home alone. She doesn't know why but eversince the start of the school, she never saw Kai around.

She still remembered meeting him every afternoon at vacation though. They usually hang out at the park that made them got closer but now, she don't see him anymore. Not even his shadow. 

Was it possible that Kai left this school? Krystal asked herself. 

She sighed. Atleast no one bullied her here, but then one day, while walking back home. She heard a ball dribbling and looking to where the sound is coming from, she saw Kai playing basketball alone there. She sighed, she wanted to approach him but midway, a girl ran to Kai and handed him a towel. 

Right there, right at that moment. Krystal knew that she shouldn't have kept her hopes up. 

The next day, Krystal entered the classroom but no one was still there. She sighed, the silence is killing her and not being able to stand it anymore, Krystal stood up and decided to have a walk around the school. Ending up at the bleachers at the school's field, Krystal sighed as she took a seat and supported her chin with her hands that were placed above her knees.

"A penny for you thought?" 

Krystal heard a voice asked. Looking sideways, she saw Kai smiling at him. "What are you doing here?" Krystal asked and the coldness of her voice was noticed by Kai. "Is there something wrong?" Kai asked worriedly but Krystal just sighed and looked away avoiding his eyes. 

"Hey.. Atleast tell me what's wrong" Kai said but Krystal moved away and went down the bleachers. Kai trailed behind her and knowing that he's still there, Krystal turned around with a mad look on. 

"Go away.." She said before turning around and Kai grabbed her hand making her turn to him. But maybe he pulled her too hard and their lips crashed, it seemed like an eternity for the two even when it lasted only a second or two. Pulling away, Krystal lifted her hand up ready to slap him but she hesitantly did so.

"I-I'm sorry.. I just can't stand seeing you like that" Kai said with a worried voice and Krystal sighed finally forgetting to slap the guy infront her. But she wasn't able to, she can't and she doesn't know why.

"Why are you doing this? What if your girlfriend sees you? Us?" Krystal asked with a worried tone in her voice. Of course she's afraid if Kai's girlfriend will see them, what if that girl misunderstands it and she'll be the one to get hurt more than that she doesn't want to have any bad reputations there. 

She wants to study in peace and as much as she hates being alone, she's afraid that people there will judge her.

"My girlfriend?" Kai wondered and Krystal took a deep breath. "The one who gave you the towel while playing? Isn't she your girlfriend?" Krystal asked and Kai's eyes suddenly saddened and Krystal saw this. 

Did they broke up?  She thought.

"I've waited long enough for you to waste the chance loving another girl.." Kai said and Krystal furrowed her brows not getting what Kai meant. Is he trying to cheat on his girlfriend? Because if he does no matter she likes him Krystal will turn him down and will never do anything wrong that might hurt others too. 

"What.. do you mean?" Krystal asked giving Kai a confused look. 

"She's my sister. As I have said I don't want to waste the chance getting close to you, I've waited long enough" Kai said and Krystal slowly found it hard to breathe. Kai's words felt like smoke, it was slowly suffocating her but.. in a good way.

"Waited long enough?" Krystal sounded. 

"Remember those days when I used to look at you? Watch you from afar? I hoped that someday I'll be able to get close to you, be your friend the least, maybe someday.. someday I'll be able to tell you that I've liked you the day I've laid my eyes on you" Kai said and Krystal felt her breath hitched. 

Did he just said he likes her?

"Y-You've liked me?" Krystal asked and although afraid to admit it. Kai nodded his head but his eyes were avoiding her gaze.

"I do.. and it never stopped. I've tried avoiding you when you entered here but it got worse. I grew to miss you, I grew to badly want you by my side, I grew selfish that I hated people wanting to get close to you" Kai said while looking down and a small yet happy smile appeared on Krystal's eyes.

Right there at that moment, she knew that the feelings she had for him wasn't just admiration. It grew deeper than that but she was just oblivious of it.

"I like you too.." Krystal muttered and this didn't escaped Kai's ears. Immediately looking up, Kai met Krystal's gaze.

"Did.. you just say.." 

"I like you.." Krystal said much clearer this time and Kai smiled. 

"So.. will you give us a chance?" Kai asked with much hope in his voice and Krystal took a few steps closer and encircled her arms around Kai's nape and leaned close.

"I would love to.." 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:  What's the next pairing?? 

Ppali tell meee~