(MinStal) Thousand Chances 2

Oneshot Anthology

"Change is never easy, you fight to hold on,
and you fight to let go"

 

 

 

"I'm going back." Minho announced as he walked towards the door. He was about to get his shoes on the rack when Krystal held his arm. "Already?" She asked with a frown and Minho smiled a little before nodding his head. "I promised Mrs. Kang to come back as early as I can and it won't be good if Yoogeun finds us together here right?" Minho asked and Krystal looked away. No, Yoogeun doesn't know anything about his father yet. It was already a month, but still Krystal chose not to let Yoogeun know about it. It's not that she doesn't want to, but she wanted to find the right time. 

"I.. know. I'm sorry you have to live like this, I promise to tell him soon." Krystal said afraid that Minho might get tired of waiting for her, for them. "It's alright, I have all the time you need." Minho said as he leaned in and kissed her forehead. "Should I accompany you to his school?" Minho asked and Krystal smiled before shaking her head. "No, it's alright besides I don't want you to break your promise to Mrs. Kang." Krystal answered with an assuring smile.

"I'll go then." 

 

"Mommy." Yoogeun called as soon as Krystal closed the book she's holding, looking at her son, Krystal raised her brows. "What is it?" Krystal asked and Yoogeun sighed. "When will daddy come back? You always avoid me when I'm asking about him." Yoogeun smartly said and Krystal looked down before taking a deep breath. "Your dad will come soon. He's just waiting for the right time to meet you because he's afraid of how you will react. He's afraid you will hate him." Krystal truthfully said and Yoogeun frowned. "Why would I? It's not like he's a bad man right?" Yoogeun said and Krystal forced a smile before shaking her head. "He's a good man." Krystal said and Yoogeun smiled. 

"When will I meet him?" Yoogeun asked, anticipation evident in his voice. "When do you want to meet him?" Krystal asked and Yoogeun grinned. "Tomorrow!" Yoogeun said excitedly and Krystal chuckled. "Tomorrow it is.." Krystal said before tucking Yoogeun under the blankets. "Now better sleep so you can see daddy sooner." Krystal said and Yoogeun grinned before nodding his head. 

"Yes mommy." Yoogeun answered before closing his eyes and Krystal kissed his forehead. 

Going out of his room, Krystal took her phone out and dialled Minho's number.

"Hello? Minho-ya, it's me. Krystal." Krystal said right after Minho picked her call up. "Hey, Krys. Is there anything you need?" Minho asked with a caring tone; why wouldn't he when Krystal called him in the middle of the night right? "No, nothing. It's just that Yoogeun said he wanted to meet you tomorrow." Krystal said as she bit her lower lip, she knew how much Minho wanted to be with his son but knowing that the decision was abrupt, Krystal felt uncertain. "Tomorrow? Already?" Minho asked and Krystal nodded her head as if he can see her. 

"Yes." She answered.

"Alright then, I will meet you later in the afternoon since the warden I know back in prison recruited me to a company. I need to get that job, so I can at the least help you with our son's expenses." Minho said and Krystal smiled without knowing. She felt happy, she felt happy that Minho is trying to be a good man for her and a responsible father for their son. 

Their son, Minho and hers. 

It sounded great and she loved it. "Of course." Krystal answered. "But.. are you sure about this? I mean, I have been around him for quite a while now and we haven't told him yet He would probably hate me, worse he will resent you." Minho said with worry and Krystal sighed."I know Yoogeun well. He just needs to hear a good explanation, he's a smart kid. He will know, he will understand." Krystal said confidently and Minho nodded his head upon hearing her words. "I just don't want Yoogeun to hate us especially you." Minho said and Krystal sighed. 

"He won't. Now if you really want to be with your son tomorrow you also need to sleep." Krystal sternly said and Minho chuckled on the other line, he liked the fact how she acted like a mother; well she really is but what made him smile is that he knew she's changed when she had Yoogeun. She's not the childish Krystal he once knew, she's a grown woman. A mother to be exact. "Yes mommy." He answered and Krystal creased her brows. "What did you just say?" She asked. "Yes mommy." Minho mused and Krystal felt her cheeks burning. 

"Stop it." She said trying to sound annoyed and Minho chuckled. "Krys." He called, his voice serious. "What is it?" Krystal asked. "I'll take responsibility you and Yoogeun. Please just.. wait a bit more for me." Minho said and Krystal felt like tearing up and no, this time it wasn't because of sadness but because of happiness. "I've waited five years, a few days to another year won't hurt right?" She stated and heard Minho sigh on the other line. 

"Promise, I won't disappoint you this time." Minho said making Krystal smile. "I'll hold on to that." She stated. "Go to sleep now, I love you mommy." Minho said and Krystal chuckled, tears of happiness running down her cheeks. 

She answered. 

"Goodnight daddy, I love you more." 

 

 

"Mommy, where is daddy? What's taking him so long?" Yoogeun whined while stomping his feet repeatedly on the ground, they were already at the playground nearby Yoogeun's school and there are no signs of Minho yet. Yoogeun is slowly growing impatient and Krystal can't help but to sigh. As much as she wanted to get angry at Minho for being late, she knows and understands the reason why so she chose not to. 

Heaving out a sigh, Krystal looked around only to see a man in a light blue polo walked to them, sleeves rolled up in his muscled arms with a matching light brown pants, his hand holding a bouquet of roses while the other was occupied with a big gray box. He looked like he's working at some office, recognizing who the person was, Krystal's face immediately lit up as she smiled. 

"Hey, sorry I'm late." He said as he approached them, he didn't foget to hand her the bouquet he's holding. "It's alright, what's important is that you showed up." Krystal said with a smile. "Hyung?" Yoogeun asked in disblief when he recognized the man standing in front of him, his grip on his mother's hand loosened. "Minho hyung?" Yoogeun asked again and Minho smiled a little before lowering himself to Yoogeun's eye level. 

"Hi there.. son." Minho said and Yoogeun didn't say anything but to look at him. 

"D-Daddy?" Yoogeun asked and Minho smiled, a lone tear escaped his eyes as soon as he heard what Yoogeun said. Instantly, his put the box he's holding down as he hugged his son. "Yes, it's me buddy." Minho said and Yoogeun didn't moved at all. He just stood there, letting everything sink into his young mind.

Realizing everything, Yoogeun pushed him away. 

"No! You're not my dad because if you are, you would have introduced yourself to me before!" Yoogeun shouted and Minho stayed in his place. Shocked. 

"Yoogeun-ah." Krystal said and Yoogeun turned his head to his mother. 

"No. You're not my dad!" Yoogeun shouted gaining some people's attention. It hurt Minho, so much, but he knew he was the one to blame here. "Yoogeun, listen." Minho said as he held Yoogeun by his shoulder and looked straight into his son's eyes. "Daddy has a reason why he never told you in the first place." Minho said and Yoogeun furrowed his brows. Minho took this as a sign to continue, Krystal on the other hand just watched there. 

"Daddy made mommy cry." Minho said and Krystal was about to say something when Minho looked up to her and shook his head telling her that he's fine and Krystal reluctantly nodded her head. "Daddy ran away from mommy because he can't stand seeing mommy cry because of him and that time, I didn't know that she had you." Minho said, tears rolling down his cheeks, Yoogeun just watched him. "Daddy is not the best man for mommy, because daddy makes mommy cry often but you know what? Mommy still loved me and I was glad but still I ran away thinking that she deserves someone better than me. But then, after five years, daddy saw you and mommy again and that's just when I found out that you're my son." Minho continued. "You know what? When I found out that you're my son. I felt happy, so happy you know why?" Minho asked and Yoogeun shook his head. "Why?" Yoogeun asked. 

"Because it's mommy and daddy's dream to have you." Minho said with a smile and Krystal can't help but to tear up too. What she is seeing right now is Minho's different side, and she's glad he had changed for the better. "Really?" Yoogeun asked and Minho nodded his head. "If I knew earlier that mommy had you then I wouldn't have left. But I hope you forgive me Yoogeun-ah, daddy's trying to be a better man now." Minho said with a smile and to his surprise, Yoogeun hugged him. 

"I'm not mad at you.. daddy" Yoogeun said as he hugged Minho tightly making Minho cry even more. "Thank you Yoogeun-ah, you're really grown up now." Minho said and Yoogeun pulled away with a pout. "But.. am I still mommy and daddy's baby?" Yoogeun asked and Minho chuckled before ruffling his son's hair. 

"Of course, you'll always be mommy and daddy's baby." Minho said and Yoogeun grinned. "Thank you daddy." Yoogeun said and Minho chuckled. "Don't thank me yet." Minho said as he showed Yoogeun the box he's carrying earlier. "That's for me?" Yoogeun asked and Minho nodded his head before handling it to him, opening the box, Yoogeun's eyes widened. 

"RC Helicopter? Thank you daddy!" Yoogeun said as he hugged his father tightly and Minho patted his back. "Anything for my baby." Minho said with a smile. "Can I use it now? Can I?" Yoogeun asked excitedly and Minho smiled before nodding his head, taking the toy helicopter out Minho handed Yoogeun the toy and the remote before taking the box. 

"Mommy and daddy will sit there first, don't go too far alright?" Minho asked while pointing at a nearby bench and Yoogeun smiled before nodding his head. 


"I'm glad it went out well." Minho said as soon as he and Krystal took a seat on the nearby bench, nodding her head, Krystal let out a relieved sigh before taking a quick glance at Minho who is now watching Yoogeun play with his new toy. "I am too." Krystal answered and Minho turned his head to look at her. "Krys." Minho called. 

"What is it?" Krystal asked. "You parents.. did they know about everything that had happened to you?" Minho asked and Krystal shook her head. "No." She answered. "I didn't tell them." She added. 

"Why?" Minho asked. "It won't change anything. Dad.." Krystal trailed. 

"Still hates you?" Minho asked and Krystal sighed before nodding her head. Taking her hand, Minho stared straight into Krystal's eyes and gently squeezed her hand before giving her an assuring smile. "I will talk to him." He said and Krystal's eyes widened. "What? No way, I will let you talk to him." Krystal said as she pulled her hand away, she knew what might happen if Minho shows up in front of her father. 

"Krys, it's the only way I can marry you." Minho sincerely said and Krystal felt the blood rush to her cheeks. "Listen." Minho said. "I'm going to the States this weekend. The company I've been hired at wanted to test me to work overseas first before here, it's going for a month." Minho said and Krystal felt like her world crumbling down. She thought it was the end already but then she's wrong, Minho is going to leave her and their son. 

"Hey." Minho said when he noticed the frown on Krystal's face. "I will be back before you know it." Minho said before reaching out towards Krystal's cheek. "You're leaving?" Minho heard a voice and as soon as he turned his head, Minho saw Yoogeun standing not far from them. 

"Yoogeun, come here." Minho said and Yoogeun did so. Taking his son on his lap, Minho let out a deep sigh. "Daddy will be gone for a month." Minho said and Yoogeun frowned. "Why? I thought you're not going to leave me and mommy anymore." Yoogeun said and Minho sighed. "I do." He answered. "Then why?" Yoogeun asked. 

"Because I will talk to Mommy's family. You want me to be with you and mommy forever right?" Minho asked and Yoogeun nodded his head. "You're going to marry mommy?" Yoogeun asked and Minho smiled before nodding his head. "Really?" Yoogeun asked in excitement and Minho nodded his head again. "Then it's alright daddy, I want you to marry mommy anyways." Yoogeun said with a smile plastered on his face and Minho nodded his head. 

"I will come back before you know it." 

 


1 Month Later..
 
"Honey, I think there's someone knocking on the door." 

Minho heard a voice said, letting out a deep yet nervous sigh, Minho knew it was Krystal's father. "Okay, I will get it." He heard another voice and he knew it was her mom. Composing himself. Minho took a deep breath and saw the door opened. 

"Who is--" Mrs. Jung stopped as soon as she saw who the person was. "Who is that honey?" Mr. Jung asked as he followed his wife to the door only to see Minho standing in front of them. Feeling the blood boil inside of him, Mrs. Jung pushed his wife aside and launched himself to Minho punching him right on his cheek making him stumble down the porch. 

"What are you doing here?!" Mr. Jung growled. "Mr. Jung.. I.. am here for your daughter." Minho said weakly and Mr. Jung grabbed his collar. "Are you playing with me?! My daughter's alone in Korea because of you! What are you doing here you bastard?!" Mr. Jung angrily said and Minho coughed before answering him. 

"I know.. Mr. Jung. I'm with your daughter." Minho said and Mr. Jung let go of his collar and pushed him. "You're supposed to be in jail. You're not fit for Krystal! You're a murderer!" Mr. Jung shouted and Minho can't do anything but to look down. "I know sir and I deeply regret everything I have done." Minho said and Mr. Jung scoffed. "Like I will believe you." Mr. Jung stated. 

"I am telling the truth sir, believe it or not. I changed for Krystal.. for.. our son." Minho said and Mr. Jung gave him a questioning look. "Your son?" Mr. Jung asked and Minho nodded his head. "Yes, sir. Our son." Minho said and before he knew it, Mr. Jung landed another punch. "How dare you get my daughter pregnant?!" Mr. Jung shouted as he grabbed Minho's collar and his head limply fell back. 

"Honey.." Mrs. Jung called tryong to stop her husband but the man is not listening. 

"How old is the child?" Mr. Jung asked but getting no response from him, Mr. Jung violently shook Minho making him groan. "Five.. years old sir." Minho said and in surprise, Mr. Jung let go of his collar making him fall onto the ground. "She.." Mr. Jung trailed in shock and Minho, even when feeling dizzy got on his knees in front of Mr. Jung. 

"I know I have done you daughter wrong sir, I've been making her life miserable for the last few years but now, I don't want that man anymore. I know that you know what had happened to me and to your daughter for the last five years but now, I want to make it up to her. I want to be a good father to our son and a good husband to your daughter. I want to be the man that will make her smile. I know that you hate me Mr. Jung but I am here and I am going to ask for your dauhgter's hand, I'm going to ask you for a second chance to make thing straight." Minho finished his speech and Mr. Jung just stood there watching him. 

"I don't want her to suffer anymore." Minho said and unconsciously, tears rolled down his cheeks. 

"How is my daughter?" Mrs. Jung asked and Minho lifted his head and took a deep sigh before answering the woman's question. "She's living with our son in an apartment Mrs. Jung." Minho said. "And you?" She asked. 

"I've moved in with them too before I went here." Minho said. "Why are you even here?" She asked and Minho sighed. "It was because of my new work Mrs. Jung." Minho said and Mrs. Jung raised her brows. "What kind of work are you doing?" Mrs. Jung asked. "In a company Mrs. Jung. I work at a company." Minho answered. 

"Tsk, maybe a mafia lord." Mr. Jung said and his wife sighed. "Honey, let's just listen to his explanation first." Mrs. Jung said and Minho took a deep breath before he started explaining himself. "I was brought here for work but I'm a going back home tomorrow, I know I'm not a good man in your eyes but if what I'm going to say will make you be at peace for your daughter then let me enlighten you about her. I.. asked her to stop working a month ago and she only stays at home for now. I.. also took all the responsibilities for her and our son. I know it's not enough yet but I am willing to do more for my family." Minho said and Mrs. Jung sighed, she can't deny that Minho is really trying to change and be better for their daughter. 

"Are you really willing to risk everything for our daughter?" Mrs. Jung asked and Minho, without any reluctance nodded his head. 

"I will Mrs. Jung, even if it means sacrifing my life." 

 


"Daddy!!" Yoogeun screamed as soon as he saw Minho going out of the airport doors. Dropping his bag and letting go of his cart, Minho ran towards his son and knelt on the ground as he welcome Yoogeun in his arms. "I've missed you!' Minho said as he ruffeld his son's hair and Yoogeun laughed. "I missed you too daddy." Yoogeun said as he hugged his father tighter. 

"Where's mommy?" Minho asked and Krystal appeared from Yoogeun's back. "Hey." Krystal said and Minho stood up as he hugged her and kissed her head. "I missed you." Minho said and Krystal hugged him back. "I missed you too" She answered before pulling away only to gasp in shock. 

"What happened to your face?!" Krystal asked as she cupped Minho's face making him flinch. 

"It's my piece of art." She heard another voice said and looking behind Minho, Krystal's eyes widened when she saw her parents standing not far from them. 

"Dad.. Mom." Krystal said in disbelief before returning her attention to minho who has a smile plastered on his battered face. 

Taking her hand, Minho kissed it as he beamed a brighter smile. 

"Mission success." He said.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: What pairing do you want next? 

SeStal?

HyukStal? 

Or another pairing?