(LeoStal) Eternity

Oneshot Anthology

"Everybody deserves a second chance in this world"

-Shannen Doherty

 

"Goodmorning everyone, I am Krystal Jung. I hope we can be friends"

I hate this, I always hate this. Urgh, first day of school.

"That was just her introduction?"

"Where is  she from?"

"What school  is she from?"

Sigh. These people aren't contented with my statement yet, talk more you'll get judged, talk less and you still get judged.  What the hell is wrong with people nowadays.

"Thank you for the introduction miss Jung. I hope that you'll get along eith your classmates well" The teacher infront fluently said in english. The students on the other hand are still looking at me, why? Because I'm new here and they knew beforehand that I came from overseas.

"Thank you.." I said as made my way to the empty seat at the corner of the room. Students still watched me as I settled myself there.

"Hey, that's our Leo's spot!" One of the students said in Korean and luckily I understood what she meant. 

"Huh? Leo?" I questioned. Is this seat taken? I thought.

"It's alright Miss Jung, you can seat there" The teacher said and soon a student came in. Unlike the others he seemed to be unique, messy hair yet he wore his uniform nicely, worn out shoes yet it still fitted him well.

"Goodmorning Mrs. Kim, sorry I'm late" The guy kindly  said as he gave a bow and the teacher smiled. 

"It's alright. Honestly, I didn't expect you  to come here today, you just got back from the dance camp right?" The teacher said and I furrowed ny brows. 

So they got a dancer here, I told myself.

"Yes, but knowing that this is the first day of school I don't want to miss it" He said with a smile and the girls who were sitting nearby me giggled. Seriously? Are they his fangirls? I thought.

"Alright.. Go to your seat now" The teacher said and with a smile he made his way to the empty seat next to me and since each desk contains two chairs.. 

He's my seatmate.

I hate this. 

People started giving me scrutenizing looks and I just pretended to ignore them. 

"Hi there.." He greeted me with a smile and I just nod my head in return before facing straight into the front. I saw him frown at the corner of my eye, whatever, he's just a typical student by the way.

Nothing's special with him right? Nothing.

The school bell rang signalling us that it was already snack time and I sighed in relief. Sitting with that guy made me feel uncomfortable, no, it's not because of his presence but because those girls who giggle at him earlie were all keeping an eye on me like I would do something to him.

Heck, he's theirs if they want to.

"Leo.. can you eat with me?"

"Leo, eat with me instead, I prepared food for you"

"Leo oppa, let's have lunch together please?" 

I heard those flirtious students say while I'm packing my stuffs. Letting a snicker out, I pushed my things inside my bag.

"Sorry ladies. But I can't eat with you, I'm really sorry" Leo said and those girls dispersed with frown visible on their faces.

Getting done, I zipped my bag to close it and as I turned Leo was there blocking my way. 

"Hey.." He shyly said with a smile while rubbing his nape. Looking around, I saw that there's no one inside. Greeting him back won't hurt right? Right.

"Hi.." I shortly said. "Umm.. you're new here?" He asked and I nodded my head. 

"Oh, I see. Maybe that's why you're unfamiliar" He said and I continue to nod my head in return. It's not that I'm rude but I just can't find the right words so I choose to nod my head instead.

"Do you mind if I ask you to move? I need to eat now" I said and he opened his mouth and closed it again. "N-No.. not really" He said as he stepped aside making some space for me to leave. I walked to the door and was about to turn the knob when I noticed him just standing there. 

"Aren't you going to eat?" I asked as I turned around to face him. Smiling a little, he then scratched his nape again and shook his head.

"There would be a big ruckus if I go there. Students will surely gather there, I can't afford to eat with people crowding me" Leo said and I nodded my head. Is he really that famous here?

"Then.. are you going to just skip eating?" I asked and Leo nodded his head meekly. 

"Probably.." He answered. Feeling bad towards him, I sighed as I nodded my head.

"Then meet me at the back of the school, I don't think students will be there at this hour" I said as I quickly went out not even waiting for him to say anything anymore. Not it's not that I'm asking for him to have some snack with me but I feel bad at him knowing that those flirtatious students won't give him any privacy at all. Quickly getting our snacks, I hurriedly went at the back of the school and I looked around, no one was there. 

"Hey!" Then I heard his voice and saw him hiding behind an old bleacher under a mapple tree. Approaching him, I also hid myself under the bleachers and looked around before giving him a confused look. 

"What are you doing here?" I incredulously asked and Leo smiled nervously before shaking the back of his head. "I saw some students on the way here earlier so I hid" Leo said and I sighed before slumping my body on the ground and opening the paper bag I brought earlier. 

"It's okay with you?" Leo asked and I looked at him before raising my brows. "What's okay with me?" I asked in confusion. Looking around Leo, pointed at the ground and raised his brows. "To eat here? Aren't you going to be uncomfortable?" Leo asked and I smiled before shaking my head and smiling. 

"No, it's not that it's all dirty here" I said and Leo nodded his head before smiling sheepishly. Smiling back, I handed him a triangular kimbap and Leo smiled before muttering a light 'thank you' and I just nodded my head. Watching him unrap it, I smiled as he smiled widely before taking a big bite. 

"The one who made this should be given an award.." Leo said and I chuckled. 

"You better hurry up before our class resumes.." I said and Leo nodded his head finishing his snack. Giving him a drink, Leo gulped it all before wiping his mouth with the back of his hand and grinning. 

"Thank you.. now I'm full" Leo said and I smiled before nodding her head. 

"No biggie.." 

We've become great friends, Leo and I. But our friendship was kept hidden knowing that the girls who admires him will hate me if they see us be close, Leo also noticed the treatment that students gives me and he said he doesn't like it and was about to confront them when I stopped him saying that I'm fine as long as I got him as my friend. 

I never knew that we'll get close like this, meeting up every vacant time behind the bleachers. It was our secret place until that meeting we always do became often and went down to nothing. That one day, the one snowing day when I saw Leo talking to a girl inside a cafe after school, I've realized everything. He told me before that, that he needs somewhere to go and it's an important meeting so I have to go home alone, I understoo then I saw him there, talking to another girl with a smile on his face. 

I saw him reached out for her hand as he smiled. Right then, I felt something stinging inside me.

I don't know what it was until that very next day.. 

"Didn't you know that Leo's dating someone now?" I heard one of the students said.

"The girl must be lucky, I saw them in the car together when he went here" Another student said I kept staring at my book pretending to read what's written on it even when I'm really eavesdropping on my classmate's conversations. 

"That girl's pretty too.. I heard" Another student said and I sighed before closing my book shut and abruptly standing up making their eyes turn to me. "Hey, what did you just do?" One of the students asked me and I sighed before turning my body around with my poker face on. 

"I just slammed my book shut. Why?" I asked and she scoffed before approaching me. "You're eavesdropping right?" She asked with a tone of sarcasm in her voice and I crossed my arms around my chest not being intimidated by her. 

"Why would I?" I asked avoiding her question. "Why wouldn't you? I know you like Leo too, everyone noticed the way you look at him" She said and I felt myself stiff right there where I was standing. 

Do I really like him? 

Am I really looking at him 'that' way? 

"Stop with the nonsense, I don't like him" I said as I turned around and but she suddenly grabbed my wrist making me turn around. "Let go!" I shouted as I yanked her hands off my wrist while glaring at her. 

"Then why are you avoiding my questions?" She asked as if daring me to tell the truth. 

"I am not and let me enlighten you lady, I will never like a guy like Leo. He's not worthy enough of my heart, he's not even my friend" I said as I remembered those days where we used to hangout and called each other the best of friends. I always remembered those days where we used to have lunch under the bleachers together. Laughed with the pun jokes, cry because of all the hardships we're going through. 

I never thought it would come to an end quickly after he meets another girl.

Turning around again, I saw Leo looking at me with worried eyes. I just kept my blank expression on even when my eyes are getting red from preventing myself from crying, I'm annoyed, I'm frustrated, I'm mad even when I don't know the real reason why. Taking a deep breath, I just went straight outside, not forgetting to grab my bag as our shoulders bumped into each other as I walked. 

"Krys!" I heard him called as I fastened my pace. 

I need some time alone. 

I finally reached out the school gates and saw that the street is clear, walking across the pedestrian. I reached the other side of the street but I still heard Leo's voice calling my name, maybe, just maybe the reason why I'm feeling like this is that I grew too attached to him with the past few months that I found it hard to let him go even when we're nothing but friends. 

Continuing to walk, I heard Leo's loud voice calling me. 

"Krys--" 

Midstep, I heard a crash and a loud thud. Frozen, I can't seem to breathe. 

No, not him. I prayed. 

Turning around, I saw nothing but an arm since the car was blocking my way. But the black bracelet, that black bracelet was Leo's. My thoughts went down the drain when I saw the car started again and sped off, my mind was a blurr but I ran to Leo who was lying on the ground with his eyes open while looking up in the sky. 

"L-Leo.." I said worriedly as I grabbed his arm. He turned his head sideways and smiled at me before reaching out and caressing my cheek with his thumb, tears are already flowing uncontrollably down on my cheeks and I immediately felt scared when I saw blood spreading out beside his head. 

"K-Krys.." He weakly said as I shook my head frantically. "D-Don't talk.." I said as I held his hand tightly and cried harder, soon students are gathering around us and I asked them to call for help and they did. Sitting beside him, Leo's hand that was resting on my cheek slowly falls down and so as his eyes. 

"L- Leo.. Don't let go.. Leo please" I pleaded but he closed his eyes and his hand completely fell. 

"I've been looking around for you!" I shouted in annoyance when I saw Leo laughing heartily as he succeeded running away from me during our lunch time.

"You look so funny Krys.." Leo said and Krystal frowned. Upon seeing this, Leo approached her and wrapped his arm around my shoulder before chuckling and leading me back to the school's lot. I, myself on the other hand didn't complain as I let him do so, I felt comfortable around him anyway.

"Krys.." Leo called as soon as we settled at the back of the bleachers again. 

"What is it?" I asked as soon as I'm done unwrapping our snacks. "Don't you remember what day is it today?" Leo asked as he rested his back against my back. Looking at him sideways, I smiled as I pretended to play. 

"No, is it a special day?" I asked and I saw Leo frowned. "Kind of.." He said and I handed him the sandwich that I unwrapped. 

"Really? It's not christmas, new year, valentines or the easter. What is it?" I asked and I heard him sigh. "Nevermind, let's eat" He said and I smiled as I took out the black tribal bracelet I've made for him. 

"Happy Birthday.." I said as I handed over the bracelet I've made to him. Removing his back from mine, I saw Leo's eyes lighten up.

"You remember?" Leo asked and I nodded my head while smiling. "Of course, why wouldn't I?" I asked and Leo smiled before giving me a sudden hug. I would be lying if I say that I'm not startled. 

"Thank you! This is the best gift!" He said as he tried to tie it around his wrist but failed to do so, so I took the bracelet from him and helped him tie it around his wrist. "Sorry, I'm short of money right now. But I'll buy you a better one and you can throw it" I said and Leo pouted before shaking his head. 

"No, and it's okay. I won't throw it so bother buying me a new one" He said with a smile and I nodded my head. 

"If you say so.." I said as I nodded my head. 

"Save him.. Save him please" I said as the doctors brought Leo to the emergency room and I felt my body fell on the floor with a loud thud. I tightened my grip on my hair and cried as hard as I can, soon, I heard frantic footsteps and saw Leo's close friend there. Ravi. 

"What happened to him?" Ravi asked and I broke down again and I felt Ravi pat my shoulder. "He.. He got hit by a car" I said and Ravi sighed as his arms fell down on the floor. Looking blankly at the empty space, ravi lifted his gaze up meeting mine. 

"Where's the driver?" Ravi asked and I shakingly opened my mouth. "H-He ran away.." I said and Ravi flexed his jaw as he looked away.

"I'm going to find him.. Call me if Leo's out" Ravi said as he left and I just sat there not knowing what to do.

"Leo!" I shouted as I ran across the park and into his open arms. "What took you so long?" Leo asked as soon as I engulfed him into a tight hug. I just pouted and Leo chuckled before tightening his hug around my body. 

"It's a secret.." I said before breaking our hug and sticking my tongue out. "Say, did you had a hard time choosing a dress again?" Leo asked me and I punched his stomach making him bite his lower lip and lightly crouch down, I just smirk before letting out a small chuckle. 

"It hurts.." He said with a frown while rubbing his stomach and I just laughed.

"Serves you right.."I said before walking away making Leo chase after me. 

"Hey! Ravi's waiting!" 

Seeing the operating room open, I abruptly stood up and approached the nurse as I saw Leo being taken out of the operating room with bandages all over his body. "Doc, is he fine now?" I asked and the doctor removed her mask before giving me a small smile. 

"He's out of danger now but we still have to make some tests, he needs to wake up first so we can confirm everything.. and if he wakes up then that's the only time we'll find out how he is" The doctor said and I nodded my head. How can I do this? Leo's parents are out abroad and Ravi and I are the only people he got here but Ravi's gone looking after the culprit and I'm the only one here.

What should I do? 

Minutes had passed, hours, days and weeks but Leo isn't waking up yet. I'm afraid that he won't wake up anymore and I'm going to blame myself if that happens, his parents called Ravi too and said that they will come after they're done mending the problems in their business but I think it will still take long. After school, I always go here, I don't care if I eat nor didn't have any sleep anymore. I don't even care if the students talk bad about me too, all I just want is for Leo to wake up. 

I don't care if he's mad at me. 

I just want him to wake up again. 

then I remembered someone, that girl. That girl that Leo's dating.

How come she doesn't visit him? 

Holding Leo's arm, Krystal sighed as she stared at his hand. "Why doesn't that girl visit you Leo?" Krystal asked as she took a deep breath trying to fight her tears. If that was her, if she's the girl Leo's dating then she'll make sure that nothing happens to him and right at that moment she realized everything. 

"He's not worthy enough of my heart" 

Those words rang through her mind. She's wrong. 

She's freaking wrong. 

She loves him and she realized it just now. 

"Go home early, be safe, don't hang out with guys" Leo said sternly as I arrived infront of my house after a long and tiring day with him at the amusement park. Knowing that it would be a week before we could see each other again, I sighed before nodding my head automatically putting a small smile on his face.

"Why wouldn't I hangout with them?" I asked incredulously trying to play on him before we seperate. "Are you my dad?" I added and saw Leo frowned immediately. 

"Alright, alright.. I won't hang out with anyone guys anymore except you and Ravi" I said as I raise my right hand up and got suddenly hugged by Leo. 

"Just please don't.." 

“Excuse me?” I heard an unfamiliar voice that broke my train of thoughts, looking at my back. I saw a familiar face, furrowing my brows, I tried to remember where I saw her then I remembered something suddenly. 

She’s the girl at the cafe. 

“Y-Yes?” I asked with my voice stuttering. 

“This is Leo’s room right?” She asked as she apparoached me and I nodded my head. “Y-Yes..” I said as I moved away and as soon as she saw him lying on the hospital bed, her eyes suddenly teared up as she caressed his face. There, I felt something stinging inside me but it was more painful than that when I saw them at the cafe. 

“How is he now? Did the doctor updated you about his condition? What’s your name?” She bombarded me with questions and I took a deep breath before answering her. 

“I’m Krystal Jung, I’m one of Leo’s classmate and yes the doctor updates me about his condition. It’s just that they said they won’t know how he is until he wakes up” I said calmly and I saw an annoyed look on her face. 

“Are they even called doctors?” She muttered under her breath but I was able to understand her. “Do you know his doctor?” She suddenly asked me and I nodded my head. 

“I’m going to get my brother from here..” I heard him say. 

She’s going to transfer him.. wait what? She’s his sister?!

“B-Brother?” I asked and she looked at me. “Yes, he’s my younger brother why?” She asked and I felt myself suddenly get weak making me stumble a few steps back. Thankfully, she has a quick reflex making her able to prevent me from falling. 

“Are you alright?” She asked me and I nodded my head. Until we both heard something..

“K-Krys.. Krystal..”

We both heard Leo’s voice and turning to face him. We saw Leo with his eyebrows scurnched up as he continue to say my name. 

“Krystal..” He said as his hands moved and his eyes fluttered open. Running to his side, I grabbed his hand and stared straight into his eyes. 

“L-Leo.. it’s me” I shakingly said and Leo diverted his eyes on me as he smiled weakly. 

“Y-You’re here..” He said and tears flowed down my cheeks. I felt so happy that I cried, I felt so happy knowing that Leo’s safe now and that he has no complications anymore. I’m happy that he’s back. 

“D-Don’t cry..” He said with a smile and I just nodded my head. 

“Yah! You idiot!” I heard his sister said as she stomped her way to him. “N-Noona..” Leo said with a faint voice and she bursted out crying as she hugged him. 

“You made me worried you bean head..” She said and Leo chuckled as his eyes are focused on me. “I’m sorry for making you all worry..” He said and his siter broke their hug as she wiped her tears away with the back of her hand. 

“I’m going to talk to the doctors first.. don’t sleep on me! I’ll come back” She said before giving me a smile and walking towards the door. Hearing it close, Leo grabbed my hand with his right hand that doesn’t have a cast making me look at him again. 

“Krys..” He said with a hint of sadness on his voice. 

“W-What is it?” I asked and felt him caress my hand with his thumb. 

“Do you really mean it?” Leo asked as his eyes met mine. “What?” I asked not getting what he’s talking about. Is he lie this because he’s still sick? I asked myself. 

“The words you said before the accident..” 

He remembers.. 

He knows? 

He heard me.. 

“I..” 

“It’s alright.. I can’t force you anyway if you don’t like me” Leo said with a hint of sadness on his voice and I sighed. “I lied..” I said making him lift his gaze up and look at me in confusion. 

“You lied?” 

“Everything I told them was a lie.. You know how--” 

“So you do.. like me back?” Leo asked and I furrowed my brows. “Y-You like me?” I asked and Leo looked away before nodding his head. 

“I always believe in falling inlove the first time you see that right person.. I knew when I saw you the first tme that you were the one, I can’t explain anything to you since I just knew it not because of your looks or anything. I just felt it” He said and I smiled before giving him a hug. A tight hug. 

“I may not have fallen inlove with you the first time I saw you but I promise you that you’ll be the last person I’ll love..” I said and lightly pulled away from our hug and looked straight into his eyes with our faces inches away from each other. I felt him lift his free hand up and caress my cheek with a smile on his face. 

“So would you say yes being my girlfriend?” Leo asked with his voice above whiper and leaned in closing our gap. Lips colliding, I felt complete and happy. I knew it was him, it was him all along that I’ve ever wanted. Parting, I looked straight into his eyes again and smiled again. 

“I would love to.. In every way..” 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: SeStal upnext! Who wants to request?