(KaiStal) Run Back to Me

Oneshot Anthology

"Hurting someone can be as easy as throwing a stone in the sea. 
But do you have any idea how deep that stone can go?"

 

"Krystal can I see you later?" Kai asked while pacing back and forth inside his dorm room. He needed to talk to Krystal but it seems like the latter would turn him down again just like what she did the other day. "Sorry Kai.. but I promised mom to accompany her today" Krystal said nonchalantly and Kai sighed upon hearing the tone of her voice, as much as he wants to get mad at her. He just can't. 

"When can I see you then? I need to tell you something and it would be better in person" Kai said and Krystal sighed on the other hand. "Why can't you just say it to me now?" She asked with a bit of irritation in her voice. "It's better if I tell you in person Krys.." Kai said and Krystal rolled her eyes as she scanned the channel on the television. She's not really busy and her mom was out with her dad, it's just that she doesn't really want to go out that's why he lied to Kai. Moreover, she has a planned meeting with one of her friends who came from overseas later in the afternoon that's why she doesn't want to go and tire herself out. "It wouldn't change a thing!" Krystal said while raising her voice a bit and Kai sighed. 

"I'm leaving" Kai spoke up. "What?" Krystal asked not being able to catch what Kai meant by his words. "Hyoyeon noona called me last week.. she told me that the founder of a famous dance camp in the U.S wanted to meet us that's why we have to go" Kai explained and Krystal sighed as she shook her head and pinched the bridge of her nose. 

"Why did you just tell me now?" Krystal asked. "I've been wanting to tell you about it the past few days but you always tell me that you're busy" Kai reasoned out and Krystal rolled her eyes. "Whatever" She said then hang up. Turning the television off, Krystal stared at her reflection but never like before, she can't picture herself with Kai beside her anymore. Before, she always see her reflection beside him even when they're not together physically but now.. not even a hint of him was present there. She frowned, it's really different now. It's never like before. 

Two years.. 

That's the number of years that she dated Kai already but truthfully, she felt like after a year, she started to drift away from him and his presence becaomes either a disturbance or a boredom to her. She always rejects his calls, his invitations and she felt like what she felt for him before lessened. Was it her fault? She doesn't think so. She knew she loved Kai, but what about now? She's not really sure. Yes, she still becomes jealous and stuff but is that really enough? She, herself doesn't know. 

Letting out a sigh, Krystal shook her head but then remembered what Kai had told him earlier. He's going to leave. What would happen to their relationship now? It was already a blur to her and now he's going to go.. wouldn't it make the situation worst? She felt like it's not working out anymore, at least for her, but she thinks that it doesn't for Kai. 

Whatever, she thought. I know he's happier to go than stay with me, she added. 

Hearing a ring on her phone, Krystal picked it up and saw a message from Kai. 

-"You're mad aren't you?" 

-"Why would I be? If you want to go then do as you please.. it's been your dream right? Who am I to hold you back, do what you want and I'll be fine"

Sending her answer, Krystal threw her phone on the couch again and covered her face with both of her hands as she continuously took deep breaths. Not long after, her phone rang again and saw Kai's name flashing on the screen with his message. Opening it, Krystal shook her head.

-"Are you sure? It's two months Krys.. you can handle without me?" 

Kai sent it as a joke, but it seems like Krystal took it seriously. 

-"Why would I be? I'm a grown up now.. go.. it's just two months" 

Krystal sent her message back, she may be drifting apart from his but a part of her opposes Kai to go. But maybe she's really stubborn that she opposes that part of her, she thought she can do better without him, she thought that no one would bother her anymore but spite of that, a part of her is still afraid and doesn't Kai to go. 

-"You're right.. it's just two months. It will fly by really fast and before you know it. I'll be back. Do you want me to get something for you there?" 

Kai's message said and Krystal chose not to reply anymore. But it seems like something was bother her that she picked her phone up and started to type a message back to him. 

-"Nothing.. just.. come back" 

Before she knew it, Krystal already sent her message and she groaned in frustration. She wasn't herself when she's typing that, but after all a part of her felt relieved that she sent a message like that. Groaning, Krystal burried herself on one of the cushions at the couch, she doesn't know what she wants anymore. 

She wants him to go so she can be free with no one bothering her. 

She doesn't want him to go because she wants him to stay. 

She hates him. 

She still loves him. 

She doesn't understand herself anymore. 

-"Of course I will.. I love you" 

"You're crazy Krystal Jung" Krystal muttered to herself as she decided to just drop by to a friend's house today. On the other hand, Kai kept looking back to his phone and luggages, he was waiting for Krystal to say something to him but she's not answering him back anymore. What was he expecting then? He was expecting Krystal to say something alone the line of 'please stay' or 'I don't want you to go' but there isn't because if she probably did, then he wouldn't go even if it means that he would not be able to have his dream anymore.

That's how much he loves her but does she love him back the same way? Yes, but that was before, he thought. Krystal's not the same anymore and he can notice that he's drifting away from her already. But, he still hold on to her in hopes that maybe if time passes by, she would love him back the same way she did before. 

Hearing a ring, Kai immediately looked at his phone only to see Amber's name flashing on the screen. "Hey there" He greeted lifelessly. "Whoa there. What's wrong with you? I was expecting a happy and excited Kai greeting me, what's wrong? Had a fight with Krystal?" Amber asked and Kai smiled bitterly. 

It would be better if we just had a fight, he thought.

"I don't think.. I want to go to the dance camp anymore" Kai said as he sighed. "What?!" Amber asked in disbelief. Kai once told her that it was his dream when he was younger to go to a dance camp in U.S and meet a founder there but now, it was completely the opposite of him. "I.. I don't think I can leave Krystal" Kai said and Amber shook her head on the other hand even if Kai can't see her. 

"You're going to ditch the chance of finally having that dream of yours just because she's holding you back?" Amber asked and Kai sighed. "Don't worry.. I'm going to talk to her to let you go" Amber said and Kai then sighed again. "It's not it.. she's fine with me leaving. It's me who have the problem, I don't think I can leave her" Kai said and amber wanted to beat the crap out of him right at that moment, lucky Kai was away from her. 

"Are you nuts? She's fine with it already, you should be happy" Amber said and Kai faked as smile. "But.. it feels like she's lying to me.. it seems like she just said that she wants me to go there but there's something that keeps holding her back to tell me the truth" Kai said and Amber sighed before pinching the bridge of her nose. 

"Look.. she already said that she's fine with it besides it's just two months. I repeat Kai, two months" Amber said trying to knock some sense off Kai. "Will she be okay with it?" Kai asked hesitantly. 

"You just said that she's fine with it!" Amber said shouting already and Kai covered his ears. "Geez.. sorry alright. It's just me, I guess.." Kai said and Amber nodded her head as if he can see her. "Yes. It's just you that has a problem. You should be happy that Krystal's fine with it" Amber said. 

"But why do I hope that she opposes me instead?" 

"Kai!" 

"Geez, sorry. Maybe I'm just not used to leaving her" Kai said and Amber sighed. "That's just it.. Be happy that she's fine with it" Amber said and Kai nodded his head. "Yeah.." He said then hang up. Slumping himself on his bed, Kai stared at the plain white ceiling. 

But why am I feeling bad about this? He thought.

Meanwhile.. 

"You should have told him the truth that you wanted him to stay" Sulli said as she put her phone down and faced her friend, Krystal. "No way and did I ever say that I wanted him to stay? No" Krystal ranted and Sulli sighed as she shook her head in disappointment . "It points that way. You telling him that that it's alright arcastically" Sulli pointed out and Krystal grumbled as she dropped her body on Sulli's bed. "Why wouldn't I? He just informed me on the last day!" Krystal said as she threw her hands up in the air and Sulli breathed out as she pinched the bridge of her nose. 

"You've been rejecting him Krys.. what do you expect? You've been driving him away from you" Sulli said and Krystal got up. "So it's my fault?!" She asked with her voice getting a notch higher. Taking a deep breath, Sulli looked straight into the Krystal's eyes. "What I'm saying is.. I noticed how you drifted away from him. Look fairloy Krystal, Kai asked you out hundreds of times already probabaly wanting to tell you what he's up to but you just say that you're busy or whatsoever. Don't you think it's a bit unfair for him for you to be like that?" Sulli asked and Krystal threw her hands up in the air. 

"I'm done" She said before standing up and Sulli sighed. 

"Look, I'm not siding him.. but the way I see things.. you all want to have it your way now. You're not like this before Krystal and I hope you realize everything before it's too late" Sulli cautioned and Krystal shook her head as she walked out of Sulli's room not forgetting to slam the door. 

Shaking her head, Sulli picked up her phone and dialled a number. After a few rings, the person she's calling picked up. 

"Hey there Sul.. is there anything I can help you with?" Kai's polite voice greeted her. Shaking her head, Sulli sighed as thinking that Krystal's just about to lose something precious to her, something worth having and that's Kai. She has been a witness to everything that had happened to the couple, she has been their witness for over two years already but the way she sees it, Krystal changed completely and she doesn't know the very reason why. Krystal loved Kai so much before, but now.. she can't even see it now. 

What had happened to them? She thought. 

"There's nothing. So, I heard that you're leaving" Sulli said starting a conversation between her and Kai. "Oh.. erm.. yeah. Krystal told you already?" Kai asked and Sulli walked towards the window of her room and looked down the empty street before closing the blinds. 

"Uh.. yeah. She mentioned a bit of it, so when are you going to leave?" Sulli asked pretending not to know some of the details about his departure. "Tomorrow morning?" Kai said with his voice a bit hesitant and Sulli kept pretending not to know anything. "Tomorrow amoring?" She asked in disbelief and Kai hummed as an answer. 

"Does Krystal know about this?" Sulli asked and this time she's not pretending anymore. "No.. she seems like she's having a bad mood or something. I'll tell her tonight.. she.. doesn't seem to care anyways" Kai said with his voice getting sadder and sadder until he finished his sentence and Sulli can't do anything but to sigh.

"Of course she does" Sulli said trying her best to hide the doubt in her voice. "Maybe she's just surprise with the sudden turn out of the events. After all, you're going to leave and she's going to be alone. When are you coming back anyways?" Sulli asked and she heard Kai let out a heavy sigh on the other hand. "In two months" He said meekly and Sulli nodded her head weakly. 

"have you already tried to open a conversation with her?" Sulli asked. "I did Sul.. but she keeps rejecting me. I don't know what happened to us anymore. She's not like this before.. I think.. she changed" Kai said and Sulli nodded in agreement even when she knows that Kai doesn't like thinking that way. "But you said you'll still love her right? No matter what happens" Sulli reminded. 

"I know" Kai answered. "I always will" Kai added. 

"That's good to hear. You two look perrfect together, breaking up is the least thing on my mind that the two of you would ever do" 
Sulli said worriedly and Kai smiled weakly on the other hand. Is the end of them? He thought. No, he wished, he still loves her to let her go. She became his life already and breaking up is the last thing that's on his mind. 

"That would be her decision Sul.. that would be her decision" Kai said and Sulli felt pity of him. She knows how Kai had been doing all these while, trying to understand Krystal, trying to catch up to her, trying to love all with all his heart even if it meant more scars for him. He doesn't care, as long as he loves her. 

That's how selfless he is. That's how sefless he became. 

"But let's not talk about it.. the two of you will last. I assure you. Just don't think about it that much, I'll try to reach out to her" Sulli said reassuringly and Kai nodded his head even when Sulli can't see him. "Thank you.. I'm glad to have you as my friend" Kai said sincerely and Sulli chuckled. 

"I'm glad to know that you are Krystal's boyfriend too. Maybe if it weren't for you, a lot of guys would have already despised her for being so spoiled and bratty" Sulli said trying to light up the mood and it did even just for a little. "That's because I love her" Kai answered. 

"Cheesy" Sulli commented. "Uhh.. Sul, I'll go pack my things up. Thank you for calling me, I seriously would have gone crazy here if it weren't for you" Kai said as he chuckled and Sulli did too as she shook her head. "Alright.. be safe and have a happy trip. Oh and don't forget to buy me goodies there alright?" Sulli said and Kai chuckled again. 

"Alright.. I will" He said then hang up. Putting his phone down, Kai walked towards his closet as he took out the clothes he's going to bring and threw it on the bed. Looking around, Kai decided to buy some supplies he will be needing when he leaves. Taking his jacket with him, Kai went out and decided to breathe some fresh air too while on his way to the market. 

While walking, Kai saw a familiar figure standing on the other side of the street. furrowing his brows, Kai looked closer and saw who was it. He wanted to approach her so he took a step forward to cross the street only to see her smile soon as a guy approached her. Stepping back, Kai hid himself behind a tree and watched his girlfriend smile at someone nonetheless a guy he doesn't know. He saw them hugged, he saw how that guy kissed his girlfriend on the cheek but he never did anyting. That's how much he loves her, that's how much he trusts her. 

Shaking his head Kai decided to leave instead. 

On the day of Kai's departure. 

"I feel like not going already" Kai said as he looked back at Amber and Amber sighed as she shook her head before knocking Kai's forehead trying to pout some sense into his head. "You're already here! You're already a step closer and you will go back just because Krystal isn't here and you're afraid that she's mad at you?" Amber asked and Kai sighed as he rubbed his nape. 

"I'm not really feeling good about this. What if she really hates me for leaving like this?" Kai asked and Amber rolled her eyes. "You already told her beforehand right? Besides, it wouldn't be your fault anymore if she comes here or not.. it'll be her fault and I'm sure that she's going to regret it. So stop dreading about this, handle her later" Amber said and Kai nodded his head. 

"I just don't want to leave her alone" Kai murmured and Amber looked at her friend in pity before patting Kai's shoulder. "You hate it. But she's always the one who pushes you away, I've always noticed how she treated you the past few months. I'm glad that Hyoyeon unnie invited you to go to that dance camp. Take it as a rest from Krystal too" Amber said feeling a bit worried about Kai. She knew how Kai cared for Krystal and she knew how Krystal disregarded that.

She saw how Krystal changed. 

Hearing the announcement for his departure, Kai sighed before giving Amber a weak smile. "Guess this is goodbye" He said bitterly and Amber nodded her head weakly. She knew why Kai's being that way, he expected Krystal to come, he expected Krystal to come running to him and say even just a goodbye but no. There's no Krystal, not even a shadow of her. 

"Don't worry.. I'll talk to Krystal" Amber said and Kai nodded his head before pattig Amber's shoulder lightly and walking towards his fellow groupmates. Finally taking one last glance at the airport door, Kai sighed before shaking his thoughts away and continued walking towards where his groupmates are. 

On the other hand.. 

Krystal groaned as she opened her eyes, rubbing her eyes, Krystal lazily reached out for her phone and opened it only to see the time and the date. Seemingly, her sleepiness seemed to have faded away when she jolted up from lying down on her bed. Taking a closer look, Krystal immediately remembered that it is the day of Kai's departure. 

He tried calling him, but it's too late already. 

Ruffling her hair, Krystal resumed to her previous position. Staring at the ceiling, Krystal sighed as she closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths. She felt guilty that she didn't even called him, but that's just it, she just felt guilty and after that, she felt nothing anymore.

Hearing a knock on the door, Krystal tore her gaze off the ceiling and looked towards the door.

"Come in" She said and the door creaked open revealing Amber with a frown visible on her face. Sitting up, she raised her brows and gave Kai a questioning look. "What.. took you here?" Krystal asked and Amber closed the door gently before crossing her arms and shaking her head while giving her a disappointed look causing Krystal to furrow her brows. 

"Don't you really care about Kai anymore?" Amber spoke up and Krystal sighed as she shook her head knowing where their conversation is going. "I woke up late" Krystal reasoned out nonchalantly and Amber shook her head in frustration. She knows that she doesn't have the right to confront her but seeing Kai's face earlier, it made her want to knock some sense off of Krystal. 

"You could've just called him" Amber fired back and Krystal sighed before standing up. "I tried to. Look, I don't like where this is heading Amber. He chose to leave, I have no business with it anymore. It's his choice, not mine. If he wants to leave then he can leave!" Krystal said with her voice getting a notch higher and Amber pinched the bridge of her nose. 

"Are you being like this because he left without hearing you out?" Amber asked and Krystal looked away without saying anything, Amber took this as a sign to continue. "Then let me enlighten you Krystal Jung. Kai's been waiting for you to say no to him, he's waiting for you to tell him not to go. Don't you know that he's dreading about it? You're getting stubborn, don't you know that it's getting hard for him to understand you but because he loves you he tries his best to still understand you. Don't say he didn't hear you out, because he wanted to, he wanted to know what you really feel about him leaving but it's you who said nothing" Amber voice everything out and Krystal remained there with her fist clenched. She hated the fact that Amber was right about everything. 

She hated to admit it. 

"Why are you even saying all of this? Amber what you're saying right now won't change anything with what I feel towards him" Krystal answered as calm as she can and Amber huffed. "You're really heartless Krys.. you know.. he didn't do anything wrong. If he left, that's because it's his dream, I saw how you drifted away from him. I saw it Krys" Amber spat and Krystal flexed her jaw not liking what she's hearing from Amber, the one that she trusted and relied the most. 

"He's selfish! He's nothing but selfish!" Krystal suddenly bursted out and Amber furrowed her brows. 

"Just because he left doesn't mean he's selfish already. It's his dream! Why is it a big deal to you anyways? After all it's your fault for not telling him what's inside your mind" Amber reasoned and Krystal sighed. "It's not my fault! He could have noticed it already but he's too dense! He's selfish!" Krystal shouted back and Amber shook her head. 

"Stop acting like a child Krys.. Kai's been dreading about his departure too but if you told him what you really want. You wouldn't end up this way, it's your fault not his" Amer tried to point out but Krystal still hates to admit it. Amber's right, she doesn't have the right to rant and sulk about it in the first place since she never voiced out what she really wanted but as her boyfriend Kai should have understood what she wants already right? Because if he does, he wouldn't have left, unless he doesn't really care about her.

He's her boyfriend but he's not sensitive enough. Because if he is, then he wouldn't have left. That's what Krystal's point is. 

"It's not my fault Amber. He's just selfish, he doesn't think about me anymore. Wait and you'll see" Krystal said and Amber reached out towards the knob. Turning it, Amber opened the door but stopped before she can go out fully. 

"I hope that you'll put that pride of yours down or you're going to lose him" Amber warned before going out of the door fully and Krystal sighed as she dropped herself on her bed and put her hands against her face. 

"Welcome to America!" Hyoyeon shouted happily as soon as she and her fellow groupmates went out of the airport doors, laughing with her, the others wore satisfied smiles but Kai on the other hand just have his expressionless face on. He doesn't seem to be happy finally arriving at their destination after long hours of sitting back at the plane. 

"Is something bothering you?" Hyoyeon asked when she saw Kai looking around without even a hint of happiness. "There's nothing noona" Kai said as he faked a smile and Hyoyeon looked at him with a hesitant expression on. "If you're thinking about Krystal then maybe you should give her a call now.. I'm sure she's still awake" Hyoyeon said and Kai nodded his head as he searched for his phone on his pocket, searching through it, Kai tensed up after a minute of looking. 

"Noona" Kai said. "What is it?" Hyoyeon asked worriedly causing their other fellow groupmates to gather around them.

"I think.. I lost my phone" Kai said and Hyoyeon sighed before putting her hand against her palm. "What should we do now?" Hyoyeon asked with her voice full of worry and Kai sighed in disappointment. First day of being there and something already happened. How will he be able to call Krystal now? 

"You can borrow mine.. I won't surely use it that much anyway. Here, call her" Yoona said knowing that it's Krystal that Kai's going to call. Smiling a little, Kai bowed to her before taking the phone from Yoona's waiting hands and quickly dialling his girlfriend's number in hopes of her answering the call and asking him how he's been. 

Ring after another ring. Kai tried calling Krystal a few times already but the expression he has on seems like a bad one. 

"She's not picking up?" Yuri asked and Kai weakly nodded his head before handling the phone back to Yoona. "It's still early back in Korea.." Yoona said causing Kai to pace back and forth. "Have you tried calling someone close to Krystal?" Yoona asked and Kai shook his head. 

"I don't remember any number aside from Krystal's" Kai said and Yoona nodded her head. They wanted to help him call his girlfriend but they aren't close with Kai and Krystal's friends since they don't meet usually, if lucky, they would be able to greet and talk to each other because of interschool competitions but Kai's groupmates never went further than being acquiatnces with his and Krystal's other friends. 

"Let's just all head to our hotel first and rest okay? Kai, is it alright for you if we call her the next day? I don't think it's a good idea for you to tire yourself even more" Hyoyeon stated and Kai scratched his nape as he nodded his head before forcing a small smile. "That's alright noona.." Kai answered and Hyoyeon nodded before leading them to a shuttle that was waiting for them.

The next day.. 

"Cheer up Kai.. she'll answer you later" Yoona said as she patted Kai's back reassuring Kai that it will be alright and Kai just sighed as he nodded his head. He's been trying to call his girlfriend but to no avail, she's not picking up.

Giving up, Kai handed Yoona's phone back to her and went straight back to his room. 

Days have passed by and weeks came but Kai only managed to call Krystal successfully a few times, after all he found out that she's rejecting his calls too. Krystal knew that Kai lost his phone since he explained it but Krystal nevertheless told him that she doesn't care about what he does anymore hurting him more.

Even so, that didn't stop Kai from contacting her and asking her how she's been. It annoyed and irritated Krystal at times but this didn't change the fact that she sometimes feel guilty for treating Kai in such a bad way. But no matter how much guilt she felt, that made Krystal despise him and his presence more. 

Two months later.. 

"You don't seem to be happy coming back. Is it about the offer?" Hyoyeon asked as she placed her hand above Kai's shoulder who seemed to be spacing out with a frown on his face while waiting for them to board the plane. Turning his head to her, Kai smiled a little before shaking his head. "No noona.. it's not that" Kai explained. 

"I just don't understand why you have the heart to do that" Hyoyeon said in disbelief and Kai chuckled as he scratched his nape. He too can't believe that he did something like that himself too. "Maybe because.. someone already has my heart?" Kai asked cheekily and Hyoyeon chuckled. She's glad that Kai's having the effort to cheer himself up, Hyoyeon saw what he went through with those two months, she saw how Kai had a hard time with Krystal.

Hearing the announcement, Hyoyeon stood up and patted Kai's shoulder. "Let's go.." Hyoyeon said with a smile and Kai nodded his head as he got up and followed her. Boarding the plane, Kai took his seat by the window and stared outside as he sighed. "I'm coming home" Kai muttered as he closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep with the big desire to see his girlfriend who's back home. 

Finally after that seemed to be the most dreading hours, the plane landed successfully and everyone went out of the plane. Looking around, Kai smiled knowing that he's home already. The sun greeted him warmly but the cold breeze of the air didn't failed to give him chills. Heading out the gates, everyone in Kai's group dispersed and bid goodbyes as they headed their own ways home. 

Arriving at his apartment, Kai quickly unpacked his things and took out the gifts he bought for his girlfriend. Call him a fool for still doing this for her even when she always gets mad at him but Kai really loves her that he doesn't care about what anyone will say anymore, his world just revolved around Krystal. Only her and no one else. 

Even with the lack of sleep and tiredness, Kai managed to go to Krystal's house and knock on the door. Seeing the door open, Kai saw a girl that looked like Krystal and it was none other than Krystal's sister, Jessica. "Goodmorning noona" Kai greeted with a warm smile spite of the exhaustion he's feeling.

"Goodmorning to you too.. are you looking for Krystal? I haven't seen you for a while" Jessica said as she frowned a little and Kai scratched his nape thinking that Krystal didn't tell Jessica anything about him leaving. "Ah.. that. I was away for two months noona.. didn't Krystal told you? Yes, I'm looking for her noona" Kai asked and Jessica pondered about it for a moment before shaking her head. 

"No.. she didn't" Jessica said with a frown. "Where did you go anyways and.. she's not here" Jessica asked and Kai smiled a little as he nodded his head thinking where Krystal is right at the moment. "I attended a dance camp overseas and.. it's alright noona. I'm just going to look for her" Kai said and Jessica nodded her head. "Alright then.. that explains why" Jessica said causing Kai to furrow his brows and look at Jessica questioningly. 

"Is there anything noona?" Kai asked. "That explains why Krystal's being grumpy all the time" Jessica said and Kai chuckled. "I guess that's just it noona.. uhm.. by the way.. I have something here for you" Kai said as he handed him a small bag of beauty products knowing how much Jessica loves it. 

"Thanks" Jessica said happily and Kai nodded his head. "I'll take my leave now noona" Kai said and Jessica looked at him questioningly. "Don't you want to drink something first before you leave?" Jessica offered but Kai shook his head and declined her offer politely. 

"Thank noona but I think I should go and look for her" Kai said and Jessica nodded her head understanding him. "Alright then.. see you some other time" Jessica said and Kai nodded his head as he took a few steps backwards before turning around and walking out of the house gates. 

Wandering in the streets, Kai thought of places where Krystal must have been right at that moment but then his thoughts were all crashed when he saw Krystal walking down the streets, towards him, with a smile on her face while looking at the guy beside her who's holding her hand. Noticing him there, Krystal's smile faded as she let go of the man's hand.

Looking at him, Kai knew that it was the man from the last time he saw Krystal too. 

"Who is he?" Kai asked and Krystal kept her stoic face. "You're here already huh" Krystal said dodging Kai's question. 

"I'm asking you" Kai said with a serious voice and Krystal opened and chuckled sarcastically as she looked at him again. "Why do you even care?" She asked coldly causing Kai to furrow his brows and look at her in confusion. What happened to her when he's gone? How could she answer him coldly like that? 

"I'm your boyfriend Krys.. I have the right to know who this guy is" Kai said while pointing at the guy standing behind Krystal. "Ha.. boyfriend huh? Where were you when I needed you huh?" Krystal asked mockingly causing Kai to look at her with a serious expression on. 

"I don't understand you" Kai said and Krystal shook her head. "That's it. That's the reason I'm thinking why you can call yourself MY boyfriend when you don't have any effort to do anything" Krystal said and Kai just looked at her in disbelief. He doesn't know what Krystal's saying things like that, he doesn't have any effort? How come? 

"I just don't know--" 

"--dude maybe you should leave Krys alone.." The guy spoke up and because of all the happenings. Kai lost his control already and pushed the guy away and harshly grabbed Krystal's hand and dragged her away from him. Trying to escape from his grip. Krystal wiggled and turned her hand but the more she did, the more his grip tightened. 

"It hurts!" Krystal said causing Kai to snap back to reality and let go of her. 

"Why are you with him?" Kai asked with so much pain in his voice. "Why do you even care?" Krystal asked while holding on to her aching wrist. Reaching out, Krystal slapped Kai's hand away and glared at him. 

"I'm your boyfriend Krys.." Kai said while pointing to himself. "I'm tired of this already!" Krystal said suddenly bursting up not caring anymore if they gain the attention of other people. "What?" Kai asked is disbelief. 

"I'm tired of this! I'm tired of this relationship we had! I don't know what to do with you anymore Kai, I thought.. my love for you can last forever but it turns out that I'm wrong. I don't love you anymore, I.. I don't think I can be with someone like you anymore" Krystal said in anger and Kai furrowed his brows. 

"What are you thinking of me then? Someone like me?" Kai asked. "You're selfish" Krystal said and Kai flexed his jaw. 

"I'm selfish?" He asked barely audible. "You didn't even care about my opinion with your sudden leave!" Krystal ranted out surprising Kai. Now, he understood why she's acting like that. "You said you were fine with it!" Kai snapped back and Krystal chuckled sarcastically. 

"ME saying that it's okay with me for you to leave doesn't always mean that it's alright! Now, how come can you call yourself my boyfriend when you don't really know what I want? Let me enlighten you then, that's because you don't even asked for my opinion, once you heard it from me then that's just it for you.. all you think is about yourself! You're selfish" Krystal said as he kept hardly pointing at Kai's chest and Kai can't do anything but to stand there in silence trying to take in all the pain he's feeling right now. 

"See? You can't even say anything.. I'm done. We're done" Krystal said as she threw her hands up and walked away and Kai on the other hand looked down as tears escaped his eyes. Clenching his fist, Kai trying to stop himself from crying but he can't do anything, it seems like his heart have been damaged badly. 

On the other hand.. 

"You're home! You have a visitor" Jessica said as soon as she saw Krystal enter the door of the living room. Looking at her sister, Krystal noticed that Jessica's with Hyoyeon. "Hi there Krystal!" Hyoyeon greeted and Krystal smiled a little before approaching the two. "Hi there unnie" Krystal greeted halfheartedly causing Hyoyeon to look at her with confusion. 

"Something wrong?" Hyoyeon asked and Krystal shook her head as she faked a smile. 

"There's nothing.." Krystal said and Jessica sighed. "Yeah.. like a dog has two feet and jumps like a kangaroo better lie next time Krys. What happened to you? You saw Kai already?" Jessica asked and Krystal looked down as she shook her head. "Don't talk about him anymore unnie" Krystal said and Jessica together with Hyoyeon looked at her questioningly. 

"Don't say.. you two.." Hyoyeon said realizing why Krystal's been acting that way. 

"We broke up" Krystal stated causing Hyoyeon's mouth to open. "You seriously didn't do that right?" Hyoyeon asked in confirmation and Krystal weakly shook her head. "We really broke up unnie" Krystal said and Jessica just looked at her in disbelief. "What the hell did you do?" Jessica asked and Krystal sighed tiredly as she took a seat on the couch. 

"I don't feel like it's still working" Krystal said nonchalantly and Hyoyeon shook her head. 

"You didn't" Hyoyeon muttered and Krystal looked at her in confusion. "Why did you do that?" Hyoyeon asked with so much confusion in her voice and Krystal sighed. "I don't think that it'll go anywhere further unnie.. he's.. being.. selfish" Krystal said and Hyoyeon looked at her in disbelief. 

"Did you hear what you just said?" Hyoyeon asked. "It's the truth" Krystal defended. 

"I don't have the right to tell you anything Krystal.. but better talk to him before you say that he's selfish" Hyoyeon advised with her stern voice and Krystal just furrowed her brows. "Here's your gift from me.. talk to him Krys.. before it's too late" Hyoyeon advised before taking her leave and Krystal furrowed her brows not having any idea what Hyoyeon really meant. 

"I think.. you should not blurt things out like that Krys. I think you should talk things out with Kai" Jessica said knowing how much Kai cared for her sister even when Krystal's being stubborn and obstinate at all times. She knew that it wasn't Kai that has any fault here, it's Krystal. 

Night time came and Krystal kept herself locked up in her room. She kept thinking why Hyoyeon acted like that, she acted like she doesn't believe that she and Kai broke up. It seemed like Hyoyeon's against it too much. She wondered why. 

Hearing a few knocks on her door, Krystal got up and saw Jessica looking at her with a stoic face on. "Mom and dad's there.. get yourself together. Kai's there too" Jessica noted and Krystal furrowed her brows. She felt her blood boiling, how come Kai managed to show up when she already broke up with him? 

Fixing herself, Krystal went downstairs and saw Kai standing with her parents in the living room. "Oh there you are princess. Look who's here?" Mr. Jung said happily as he hugged his daughter and pointed at Kai. "We saw him earlier on our way home.. he seemed to be going here too that's why we offered him to have a ride with us" Mrs. Jung explained this time, letting out a sigh, Krystal walked to Kai, grabbed his arm and dragged him out of the backyard. 

"What the hell are you doing here?!" Krystal asked in irritation and annoyance after she yanked her hold on Kai's hand. "I didn't plan to go here.. they invited me and I can't turn their offer down" Kai reasoned out calmly and because of the annoyance she felt inside, Krystal's hand landed on Kai's cheek causing him to flex his jaw. 

"I said I don't want you anymore! You're freaking selfish! You could have just made a way for them to know that we broke up! You could have just thought that I don't like you here anymore! You could have just think about how will I feel if I see you here! You're selfish! You're selfish! You're selfish!" Krystal said while hitting Kai's chest repeatedly. 

"THEN I'M SELFISH! I'M SELFISH THAT I WANTED TO GIVE YOU WANT IF YOU TELL ME! HOW COULD YOU MANAGE TO CALL ME THAT WAY WHEN I WANT NOTHING BUT TO GIVE YOU MY EVERYTHING EVEN MY HEART?! HOW COME YOU CAN CALL ME SELFISH WHEN I WANT NOTHING BUT TO SEE YOU SMILE EVEN WHEN IT HURTS ME?! DON'T YOU KNOW HOW WILLING I AM TO GET HURT IF IT'S FOR YOU? DO YOU?! DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT I CAN DO JUST FOR YOU TO LOVE ME TOO JUST LIKE BEFORE?! DON'T YOU KNOW HOW WILLING I AM TO SACRIFICE MYSELF JUST FOR YOUR OWN HAPPINESS?! DON'T YOU KNOW HOW I'M ALRIGHT WITH YOU TREATING ME LIKE A DOLL FOR THE PAST TIMES?! DON'T YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I DON'T WANT YOU TO CRY?! Seeing you you smile once is enough for me.. I'll do everything that you want. You don't know how I dreaded leaving Korea.. you don't know how much I don't want to leave even when you told me to. You don't know how much sacrifice I did to transfer here in Seoul and leave my own family back just so I can be with you! Most of all.. don't call me selfish when I sacrificed my own dream just so I can be with you. But I think.. since you're already thinking of me selfish.. then I would be one then. Let's break up.. so I can have my freedom back and do everything that I want. After all, I'm selfish right?" Kai said bitterly and Krystal stood there in silence. She didn't dare to speak anymore, everything sank inside her mind. 

Everything. 

"Let's not see each other anymore.. I'm selfish right? I am" Kai said as he chuckled bitterly and wiped the tears building on his eyes. He took a few steps backward before completely walking away from her. Standing there, Krystal doesn't know what to exactly do. She felt so much guilt inside her.

What did I do? 

That's all that Krystal can think of. 

"He ran away didn't he?" Krystal heard a voice coming from her back, turning around, Krystal saw her sister Jessica standing behind her with a frown on her face. "Unnie.. I.." Krystal trailed off not knowing what to say. She's too shocked, she's too surprise it seems like her mind is having a hard time to go back to its normal state right after hearing Kai's words. 

"Lucky mom and dad's not in the living room or else they're going to hear you.." Jessica stated and Krystal looked down. "You.. heard everything?" Krystal asked and Jessica nodded her head. "You shouldn't have treated him like that in the first place Krys.. I saw how you changed towards him. Don't you know that I saw you hanging out with some other guy a few times behind Kai's back? I think Kai knows about it too but he didn't tell you, he kept mum just because he wants you to be happy with whatever the heck you want to do but this isn't right Krys. I thought you love him? What happened to the old Krystal that Kai loves? I'm telling you, you're wasting something really big Krys. You can't find a guy as good as Kai, he tried to understand you all the time and gave you what you want but I saw how you gave him a cold shoulder, I saw how you pushed him away, I saw how you lied and declined his offer just so you can see that guy you're seeing now. Don't you think it's enough already? Kai's been hurting because of you and I'm telling you Krys.. you deserve much more than screaming right at your face" Jessica said with a cold voice and Krystal looked down as tears escaped her eyes and ran down her cheeks. 

Now she realized everything. 

"He sacrificed his everything back home just so he can be with you yet you just hurted him. I don't think it's right, go find him, talk to him before everything's too late. I'm going to handle mom and dad for now. But tell me, I'm not siding you on this. You're way too wrong" Jessica said and Krystal nodded her head as she watched her sister go back inside their house. 

Getting her phone on her pocket, Krystal dialled Amber's number. A few rings and Amber picked up. 

"What?" Amber asked coldly. 

"A-Amber.. he-help me please" Krystal said as she sobbed trying to fight her tears. "I don't think I can Krys.. as much as I want to I need you to realize everything. Kai called me and from the way I heard his voice it isn't really something good" Amber stated and Krystal closed her eyes as tears spilled out more. She hated herself for hurting him, she's the one who's selfish here. Not him. 

Not Kai. 

"Amber please.. I need to see him" Krystal pleaded. "Isn't calling him selfish enough? I don't think you should break his heart even more when it's already broken into pieces" Amber said coldly and Krystal breathed hard as she tried her tears to stop from falling down her cheeks but it doesn't. 

"I know Amber.. I just want to talk to him" Krystal begged and heard Amber sigh. 

"Go to the place where you two first met.. he's there. I won't go and see him anymore but if I found out that you hurted him again.. Krystal, I'm telling you we won't be friends anymore" Amber cautioned and Krystal nodded her head immediately. "Thank Amber.. and.. I won't make him cry anymore" Krystal said as she hang up and ran towards the gates determined to find Kai.

Running with all her might, Krystal immediately arrived at her former high school. Entering the gates, Krystal immediately ran inside the building heading straight to old classroom where she met all the dance camp elites, the place where she first met Kai. Stopping at the door, Krystal held on to the knob and turned it as she slowly pushed the door to open. 

Entering the empty room, Krystal saw a figure crouching at the corner of the classroom. 

Stealthily, Krystal walked towards that figure and lowered herself infront. Slowly reaching out her hand, her fingertips touch the edge of that person's hair making him look up. "What are you doing here?" He asked as cold as he can but failed when Krystal noticed that still worried tone he has. 

"I looked for you" Krystal said softly as she retracted her hand from him. "Why?" He asked and Krystal looked down. 

"I.. I'm sorry" Krystal said and he just sighed. "Krystal.. please.. stop this" He pleaded not wanting to get hurt anymore. 

"I know.. I'm sorry. I just realized how much you mean to me, I hate myself for pushing you away. I know you might not believe me, but.. I'm afraid to lose you Kai. I really am" Krystal said with a frown on her face and Kai chuckled bitterly. "I was too" Kai said causing Krystal to flinch a little. 

"Kai.." 

"Don't you know how afraid I was too lose you? Let me tell you then.. I rejected a university offer back in States just so I can be with you here, I shouldn't have gone home right after that dance camp because the founder offered me an art university scholarship but you know what came into my mind the first time I heard it from him? You. I immediately remembered you, I know that you won't like it.. I know that you're waiting for me and that you don't want to be away from me that's why I turned that offer down. But know what? When I came back here, I expected you to welcome me warmly and say that you missed me but turns out that I was wrong. I saw you with someone else, happily. What hurted me more? When I saw how you looked at him, I wanted you to look at me like that too but it all crashed down when you said that you don't love me anymore" Kai said as calm as he can and Krystal then cried again knowing how much she hurted him. 

"I know.. I'm selfish" Krystal said and Kai shook his head and smiled bitterly. "It was me right? It was me that's selfish" Kai said curtly. 

"No.. it's not you. It's me.. it's me that's wrong. I can't even think how you managed to put up with me after all that I've done to you" Krystal said and Kai sniffed as he took a deep breath and shook his head. "I don't know myself too.. maybe I'm really a masochist" Kai said and Krystal bit her lower lip before shaking her head. 

"I'm sorry" Krystal said and Kai chuckled before pressing his unto his forehead. 

"I can't really stay mad at you" Kai said and Krystal smiled as she engulfed him into a hug. A tight one that is. 

"I'm really sorry" Krystal said and Kai shook his head as he buried his face on her shoulder and breathed her scent in. "Shh.. it's already done" Kai said and Krystal broke their hug causing Kai to look at her in confusion. "No.. it's not over yet. I still need to do one thing" Krystal said as she wiped Kai's tears away. 

"What is it?" Kai asked as he watched her stood up.

"Come with me" Krystal said as she offered her hand to Kai and he took it without hesitations. Pulling him to stand up, Krystal dragged him out of the classroom as she ran out with him. Running down the street, Krystal and Kai stopped infront of a random restaurant, not long after, a guy went out and by the looks of it, it was the same guy Kai saw Krystal's going out with. 

"Oh.. you're here" The guy said and Kai noticed Krystal smile at him. He would be lying if he says that he's not jealous, after all they just reconciled right? "I was waiting for you" The guy then added and Kai removed his hand from Krystal's grip but Krystal quickly held it again.

"Seunghyun-ah" Krystal called. "What is it?" He asked. 

"I don't think it's a good idea if we see each other again" Krystal said while looking straight into his eyes. "Why? I thought--"

"--I don't think it's fair enough with my boyfriend here to still see you if we're dating right? Besides, I don't think I can take your offer anymore, I don't want to hurt you Seunghyun.. but I don't want to hurt Kai too" Krystal explained and Seunghyun just stood there not knowing what to say or do, he thought Krystal would really accept his offer of dating him but it turns out that he's wrong. 

"I.." He trailed off. 

"Let's be friends.. can we?" Krystal asked and Seunghyun sighed before nodding his head. "I think.. I'll go now" Seunghyun said but before he can turn around and walk away, he turned his gaze to Kai and gave him a smile. 

"Take care of her" He said and Kai nodded his head and soon after that, Seunghyun turned around and walked away leaving the two. Turning to Kai, Krystal smiled weakly as she wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face on his chest and sighed. "I'm sorry" Krystal said again then felt Kai land a wuick kiss on top of her head. 

"It's alright.. everything's fixed now. All that matters is your back.. here with me" Kai said with a smile and Krystal nodded her head and hugged him tighter. 

"I'll try my best not to hrut you in the future again.." 

"It's alright.. what's the thrill in a relationship if there's not any fighting right?" Kai asked and Krystal chuckled as she lightly hit his chest. "But" Kai said and Krystal pulled away from him and gave him a questioning look. 

"But what?" Krystal asked. 

"Let's not let it last overnight" Kai said with a frown and Krystal smiled before nodding her head. 

"I promise" 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: MyungStal up next :)