(MyungStal) Best Friend

Oneshot Anthology

"I chose to be your friend
but falling in love with you was out of my control"

"Krystal run!" 

"I am running!" 

"Let's go!" 

"Screw you I'm already running!" 

"Hurry up! You're too slow the pigs are catching up!"

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST SAY?!" 

"Run! Faster! Bye pigs!" 

Taking his bestfriend's hand, Myungsoo ran as fast as he can dragging the already tired Krystal. They just got done annoying some group of men back at the coast and now those big bulky men are running after them trying to chase them, but because of their big tummies hanging out, it was hard for them to run after the two best friends. 

"They seriously lack of exercise" Krystal muttered lifelessly while jogging away from the fat men. "That's the exact reason why they chase after us.. they heard you talking about them" Myungsoo said before poking Krystal's temple causing her to stop jogging and glare at him. 

"What the hell did you just say?!" Krystal asked putting her hands on her waist while glaring at him and Myungsoo gulped. Krystal's glare never failed to make him shiver, in a negative way that is. 

"N-Nothing" Myungsoo said before smiling cheekily. Looking back, Myungsoo noticed that the bulky men are catching up a bit spite of their lost of breath. Taking his best friend's hand, Myungsoo started to run causing Krystal to smile and follow his lead. Seeing that they're losing the bulky men already, Krystal stopped running causing Myungsoo to stop too. Looking behind him, he saw that no one's running after them anymore. 

"I don't know if I should be happy about this" Myungsoo said and Krystal gave him a questioning look. "Why?" She asked immediately. "I don't know if I'll enjoy San Francisco anymore knowing that a group of pigs hates us" Myungsoo said and Krystal bursted out laughing. "You're afraid that you're going to bump into them?" Krystal asked before laughing again causing Myungsoo to frown. 

"I'm serious here you know.." Myungsoo said putting his hands on his waist. "I'm also serious" Krystal said before giving him a stoic expression causing Myungsoo to sigh in defeat. "Besides.. you can always run if they chase after you. It's not like it's gonna tire you out you know. You're a pig too, a skinny one that is" Krystal said while poking Myungsoo's sides causing him to slap her hands away. 

"Shut it. You eat more than what I can even consume for a day!" Myungsoo said and Krystal glared at him. "Wow.." She said and Myungsoo took it as a signal. "Bye Krys! See you at the university!" Myungsoo said after running away from her knowing that he won't be alive the next day if he doesn't run away from her. 

"You'll seriously get it from me tomorrow!" Krystal shouted while huffing in annoying but soon turned into a smile when she noticed that Myungsoo was waving goodbye to her. Hailing a cab, Krystal rode and decided to just go home instead knowing that Myungsoo won't be there to accompany her anymore. 

"You're early" Jessica said nonchalantly as soon as she saw her younger sister enter the door. "Oh.. L went home already" Krystal answered before she sprawled herself on the couch and looked at her sister who's seating on the opposite one. "This early? I thought you're going on a date?" Jessica asked while raising her brows and Krystal chuckled. 

"What makes you think that we're on a date? For Pete's sake unnie, I'm his best friend" Krystal said as she glared at Jessica and the latter could only chuckle. "You seem to be more than that for me.. I mean, how could best friends, a girl and a boy to be exact, cuddle on the couch? Kiss each other on the cheeks? Hold each other's hands?" Jessica asked and Krystal pondered about it for a moment. Sitting up, Krystal gave her sister a smile. 

"Maybe we do.. but maybe it isn't the right time yet. Besides, it's the 21st century already unnie" Krystal said with a small yet innocent smile. "Sure?" Jessica asked and Krystal nodded before standing up. 

"We could happen unnie"

 


"So? She did really said that she thought we're on a date?" L asked and Krystal nodded her head nonchalantly. They were at the university cafeteria to have some lunch and like always, they were both having their own little world. 'The L and Krystal world'. "What made her think so in the first place?" L asked while glancing at some other students that walks past them. 

"She just said that maybe we're dating.." Krystal said still nonchalant and L nodded his head. "I like your sister" L said before giving her a wink and Krystal pretended to puke before shoving L aside. Shaking his head, L tried to hold his laugh but failed to do so. "Why? I'm not your ideal type?! I'm hurt" He said while clenching his chest causing Krystal to laugh but before she can say anything, a girl already approached their table. 

"Y-You're.. L. Right?" The student asked in english and Krystal stared at her from head to toe. "Yes.. but.. who are you?" L asked back a bit confident with his english too. Well, Krystal taught him that's why.

"Oh.. I'm Tracy and maybe we could--" 

"Back off missy.. can't you see what we're doing right now?" Krystal asked coldly and the girl closed . Gave L a glance before turning around and walking away causing L to chuckle. "Why did you do that?" L asked switching back to korean and Krystal shrugged her shoulders. "She's flirting.. duh" Krystal said and L chuckled. 

"You're jealous?" He asked in disbelief and Krystal rolled her eyes. "Talk to my hand" She said before showing her hand right at L's face. "But seriously.. I've been here for two years and I don't have any friends except you. You always scare them away" L complained and Krystal turned to him with a blank expression on. "You don't even want them to call me 'L' too" Myungsoo added. 

"I made that name" Krystal retorted. "Oh right.." He said cheekily. 

"But you can always tell me if you're already having enough of my face and presence. I can always leave you know" Krystal said and L suddenly felt bad about complaining. No, it's not like it's all Krystal's fault that's why people never want to be friends with him but still he felt bad for saying things that way, not when the latter is the only one who approached him back when he first arrived there in San Francisco, at the university to be precise. 

"I'm sorry" L said and Krystal faked a smile. "I'll leave" Krystal said shortly and left before L can even manage to say anything. Letting out a sigh, L pinched the bridge of his nose and shook his head disappointedly. "First fight.." He mumbled to himself.

 


"Stupid.. stupid.. stupid!" Krystal screamed on her pillow as soon as the thought of her and L's first 'fight' played on her mind. Well, it wasn't really a fight but more like a misunderstanding. She just can't understand how L could complain at such a thing that he should be thankful. She doesn't understand how L complained about being her friend. 

It's not like she minds it though, but her heart ached. She thought, is her presence being a boredom to L already? 

Or.. 

Is it because she holds on to him too tight that he feels suffocated of her already? 

Groaning, Krystal hit her pillow several times before shaking her head. 'We could happen unnie' she remembered. 

Rolling, Krystal laid on her back and looked straight into the ceiling. "Am I falling for him?" Krystal pondered before shaking her head. "No.. I just told my sister that he's just my bestfriend but it's two years already.. urgh.. this is killing me seriously" Krystal complained. She noticed how she changed too, she noticed how she became a bit more clingy to L the past few months, she noticed how they grew closer drastically, she noticed how she easily gets mad and jealous when someone tries to hit on him. 

Is it possible? Krystal thought. 

On the other hand.. 

"What should I do?" L asked as soon as he got up from his bed. His misundertanding with Krystal bothered him too much, he isn't used to not seeing her after school, he isn't used of her not calling him, he isn't used of staying alone at the dorm thinking whether Krystal had gone home already or not. 

Everything drives him crazy. 

"You're getting crazy dude.. I can here your buzzing from here" He heard his roommate's voice said. Looking down at his roommate from the upper deck, L frowned and shook his head. "Really?" He asked and his roommate nodded his head. "Are you having a fight with your girlfriend?" His roommate asked and L groaned. 

Getting up from his bed, L wore his slippers that was on the floor and went downstairs before seating at the couch placed beside his roommate's bed. "She's not my girlfriend" L answered. 

"Then what is she to you? I've seen you going out with her a few times, I even saw you once kissing her cheek and holding your hand" Hoya said and L groaned pressing his hands against his face. "We're nothing more than bestfriends.." L answered and Hoya gave him an amused smile. 

"Really?" He asked. "Why?" L asked. 

"You two seemed more than that to me, the other students too to be exact" Hoya stated and L took his hands off his face and gave his roommate a confused look. "Is that so?" L asked and Hoya nodded his head. Getting up from his bed, Hoya looked straight into L's eyes and chuckled. 

"You seemed to have no idea at all" Hoya said and L sighed. "Maybe" 

"But what do you really feel about her? Is it more than that?"

"I don't know. I promised my parents not to date anyone, not until I graduate college that is" L answered. "But.. I heard that they liked that girl for you" Hoya stated and L gave him an accusing look. "You've been eavesdropping with my conversation with them huh" L said in amusement. 

"No" Hoya answered. "I just heard. But.. what do you really feel about her? Out of the friendship content?" Hoya asked. 

"Hmm.. she's beautiful, she's nice, a bit timid and reserved but nevertheless kind. She's a bit naggy at times, but I like it. Shows that she cares about my existence" L said followed by a chuckle and Hoya nodded his head. "You like her?" Hoya pried further and L pondered about it for a moment. 

"As my friend? Of course" L answered. "Out of that friendship content.. do you like her?" Hoya asked and L pondered about it for a moment. "I don't know yet.. " L answered and Hoya chuckled noticing how his roommate can be smart but dense at times. He noticed how L cared for Krystal, he noticed how his roommate puts the girl first before him and yet there he is, saying that he doesn't know if he likes her. 

"You should really figure that out" Hoya stated. "Why?" L asked not having a single bit of idea why Hoya is talking that way. 

"What if someone takes or snatches her away from you? Shouldn't you realize it sooner?" Hoya asked and L paused for a while to think. "Maybe you're right.. but.. I think I'll go somewhere first" L said before standing up. "Going to her?" Hoya asked with an amused smile. 

"We kinda have some misunderstanding.. so yeah" L answered while scratching his nape. Nodding his head, Hoya then laid back down again on his bed. 

"Goodluck dude.. I hope my words helped" 

"Thank you and don't worry.. it did"

 

"Krystal.. somoene's looking for you" Krystal heard her sister's voice on the other side of the door. Letting out a groan, Krystal buried her face deeper into the pillow and covered her ears in hopes not to her head sister's high-pitched voice anymore. "Just tell who that somebody is to leave! I'm not in the mood to talk to them right now!" Krystal grumbled and pressed her hands against her ears even more. 

"Go out of your freaking bedroom right now or I'll take this door down!" Jessica shouted and Krystal immediately moved out of her bed. "Crap" She muttered knowing that her sister is not kidding. Running frantically towards the door, Krystal grabbed the knob and twisted it open before Jessica can turn the door down. "What the hell do you want?" Krystal asked in annoyance. 

"Someone's looking for you!" Jessica said and before she knew it, her sister already grabbed her ears and pulled her downstairs. "Oww! Let go of my ears!" Krystal ranted while hitting her sister's hand that was holding her ears but Jessica didn't even listen to her and continued to drag her downstairs. 

Too busy hitting her sister's hand, Krystal didn't even noticed that they stopped already as she continued hitting her sister. Noticing the lack of movements from the latter, Krystal stopped hitting her sister's hand and when she turned her head to the front, she saw L standing in the middle of the living room, with his eyes glued on her. 

Pushing her sister away, Krystal combed her messy hair using her hand and raised her brows before crossing her arms over her chest. "What do you want?" She asked coldly and L just stood there trying to find the right words to say. He opened and closed his mouth without even making a sound and even uttering a single word causing Krystal to sigh. 

"Look, I'm not really in the mood to talk to anyone right now so please? Just leave?" Krystal asked not caring if her sister was there, watching over them. "I.. Just spare a few minutes. You wouldn't mind right? I need to tell you something" L asked trying to have some luck of getting the chance to talk to her but Krystal shook her head. 

"I'm not really in the mood L.. just leave" Krystal muttered and before he can say anything else. Krystal already left. 

Watching her sister walk away on the other hand, Jessica turned her attention to L and approached him. "I apologize if she acts like that. She's already like that when she came home, I think she's having her PMs or.. perhaps.. you two fought?" Jessica stated and L sighed and scratched his nape. 

"It's my fault" He meekly said and Jessica chuckled. "It's always your fault when it comes to her. Just leave her be, she'll be fine in the morning" Jessica advised with assurance and L nodded his head trusting her words. "I hope so.. I'll get going now" L said and Jessica nodded her head. 

Watching him walk out of the door, Jessica pinched the bridge of her nose and sprawled herself over the couch before shaking her head. 

"These lovebirds" 

The next day.. 

"Want to come with me to school? It seems like you didn't recieved any calls from her this morning" Hoya said after he buttoned his shirt. Looking toward his friend that was staring into nothing, Hoya shook his head and snapped his fingers infront of L making him come back to reality. 

"What is it?" L asked not knowing what to do. He's been spacing out since early morning, Krystal should have called him by now telling to meet her up at the university gates but no, there's no calls, no messages. Nothing at all, and it made him think that maybe Krystal is still mad at him for saying such things. 

"Let's go together. I don't think your bestfriend will call you or message you any sooner" Hoya said and L nodded his head halfheartedly. Getting his bag, L trailed behind Hoya and wondering why Krystal didn't even bother to call him. Letting out a sigh of frustration, L shook his head trying to divert his thoughts into something else.

"Unnie, can you drive me to school?" Krystal asked and Jessica crossed her arms before raising her brows. "You declined dad's offer earlier and now you want me to drive you there? The heck Krys, I need some sleep" Jessica groaned before lying back on  her bed and pulling the blanket over her head. Letting out a sigh, Krystal hissed before stomping her way out of her sister's room. 

She thought, what would I do now? 

Hearing the doorbell ring, Krystal stomped way towards the door. "Who could this be at this hour?" Krystal asked but then stopped when she saw the person standing infront of her. "Hi" He greeted and Krystal furrowed her brows and tried to keep a blank face on. 

"What are you doing here?" Krystal asked trying to sound irritated but it never made the person leave though. "I called uncle and asked him if you already arrived at the university but he said you declined his offer earlier that's why I'm here. I'm picking you up" He answered and Krystal sighed feeling a bit of guilt with treating him coldly.

"You're going to school right?" He asked and Krystal nodded her head. "Are you.. still mad at me?" He asked and Krystal let out a sigh again. Looking down, Krystal shook her head and before she knew it, tears flowed down her cheeks. "Hey.." He said but Krystal kept her head low. 

Lifting her chin up, L noticed that Krystal's crying and he suddenly felt bad. Engulfing her into a tight hug, L rubbed her back soothingly completely forgetting what he wanted to tell her. "Shh.. hey don't cry" He said softly and Krystal hugged him back with her face buried on his neck. "I'm sorry" She said and L smiled weakly before shaking his head contemplating whether to tell her the truth or not.

"No.. it's not your fault. It's mine, I understand why you're acting that way and I'm sorry" L said and Krystal shook her head. "No.. I shouldn't have overreacted. You're right, I should have given you more freedom, I never even thought about what you feel anymore and decided to have you all for myself" Krystal said not knowing that her words hit L. Hard. 

"No.. It's alright. I would prefer the jealous you over the nonchalant one" L said and Krystal lightly pushed him. "Really?" Krystal asked with her tears stained face, wiping it away for her, L nodded his head and gave his bestfriend a sincere smile. "Really" He answered and Krystal nodded her head before breaking their hug. 

"Let's go together?" L asked while offering his hand to her and Krystal smiled before taking L's hand and intertwining it with hers. Just then, he disregarded those words he wanted to tell her and just cared about her being by his side again.

 

 

"So you two already reconciled?" Hoya asked as soon as L finished telling him everything that happened that day. "Yeah.. she cried and said sorry" L stated and Hoya chuckled. "I see.. so what are the two of you now? Dating?" Hoya asked and L shook his head. 

"No" L answered before standing up and walking towards the door. Stopping, L turned to Hoya with a bitter smile. He remembered everything he needs to tell Krystal, but knowing that it's already to confess to her too. L threw the though of confessing to her already, not when he's afraid that he's just going to break her heart.

It's too late. Too late.

"We're better off as best friends" 

She heard it. Her hand that was on the knob dropped.

The door opened. 

"K-Krystal.." 

She ran away. "Krystal wait!" She heard him call but it seems like the only thing inside her mind is to run. She ran as fast as she could, she can still hear him call her name but the words she heard earlier echoes inside her mind the most. She ran outside the dorm area, away from him. 

"Krystal!" L called and tried to run but too late, Krystal already hailed a cab and left. Ruffling his hair in frustration, L pressed his hands against his face and screamed. They just reconciled but now everything's a mess again and it's because of him. It's all because of his fault. 

On the other hand.. 

They were supposed to have dinner, they're supposed to meet up at the nearby park but she thought of surprising him but then it seems like she's the one that got surprised. Hailing a cab, Krystal ignored the voice that was calling her, she got in, with tears still flowing down her face uncontrollably. 

She got back home, she didn't care about the looks her family gave her. She locked herself inside. 

She knows she shouldn't have acted like that. But there's something inside her that triggered to make her feel that way, to make her feel in pain. She hates it, but as much as she wants to deny it, the words she heard from L earlier stabbed her poor heart badly. Maybe it's the sign she's been waiting for, maybe all these while, after those two years, she finally have fallen for him. 

But he said that they're better off as friends right? and that only means one thing.

That he doesn't feel the same way she feels. 

"Krystal.. someone's looking for you" she heard her sister call from outside her room. "Tell him to leave unnie. I'm not feeling well" Krystal answered nasally. Hearinf footsteps fading, Krystal sighed in relief but after a few minutes. She heard a knock from the door of her balcony, furrowing her brows. Krystal got off her bed and walked towards the balcony with hesitant footsteps. 

Opening the door, Krystal gasped and stumbled a few steps back when she saw the person standing there. "What the heck are you doing here?" Krystal asked in surprise. "I need to talk you" L said and Krystal furrowed brows before wiping her tears away from her bloodshot eyes.

"Why?" Krystal asked. "If it's about earlier.. forget it. I was just shocked, I misheard what you said" Krystal continued afraid that L might stay away from her if he finds out that she cried because she felt hurt of his words earlier. She'd rather let herself be hurt than to see herself without him. 

"It's not that" L answered. "But I apologize for saying such things like that earlier.." L continued. 

"What is it that you need to tell me?" Krystal asked trying to divert their conversation into something else. "I.." L trailed and Krystal just looked at him waiting for his answer. "I'm leaving" L said and that was enough for Krystal to stumble back, her knees felt weak and she doesn't care if she falls anymore. L catched her though, not letting her fall. 

"Leaving?" Krystal asked, still in L's arms. "I am" L said and Krystal immediately composed her self and pushed him away. "What.. how.. when?" Krystal asked trying to find the right questions to ask but she's too surprised. Too surprised that her brain stopped working to understand every word he said to her. 

"I.. I wanted to tell you about it. Mom has been calling me and updating me about dad's condition" L stated. "What happened to your dad?" Krystal asked. "He had a heart attack, it's the second one. They hid it from me.. when the first one happened.. and.. when the doctor said that dad might not surivive if.. if another one happens he immediately asked for me. He wants me to go back to Korea" L said trying to control  his tears. 

"Then.." Krystal said trying to put up the right words. "I'll leave tomorrow morning" L said and as soon as Krystal blinked her eyes. Tears flowed out and rolled down her cheeks again. "That.. fast?" Krystal asked and L nodded his head before letting out a dee breath. "I can't risk losing him without even seeing him. I need to get there as soon as I can" L said and Krystal nodded her head. She would be lying if she says she's not against him going but she's selfish if she won't let him go right? 

Besides, she doesn't have the right to ask him to stay. 

It's his family and she's nothing. 

"I.. I understand" That's all that Krystal had said. But L wasn't convinced, he looked straight into her eyes and sighed. 

"I promise to come back.." 

"Just leave" 

and he left.. 

 

2 years later.. 

 

She missed him. She did. She still does. 

He never left her mind, he's been running inside it day and night. They parted without anything much to say, they parted with feelings wanting to come out but neither of them freed it. Both were afraid, one was confused, one was scared. Two years had passed, it seems like they don't know each other anymore. 

Right after he left, they didn't talk to each other anymore. No conversations, no messages.

Nothing at all. 

They slowly moved out of each other's lives. But never their minds and hearts. 

"Krystal. Aren't you going to accompany me to the cafe downtown today?! Come on, we only have limited time here in Korea we need to make the best out of everyday!" Jessica said as she continued to jump on Krystal's bed. They already wasted two days just because of Krystal's jetlag and Jessica's not going to let her sister sleep another day anymore. 

She knows what's partly the reason why Krystal doesn't want to go out of the hotel room and she hates it. 

"Five more minutes" Krystam mumbled on her pillow but Jessica's getting impatient. Taking the other pillow on the other side of the bed, Jessica picked it up and slammed into Krystal's back causing the latter to wince in pain. "The hell unnie" Krystal grumbled but Jessica glared at her. Noticing that her sister lost her patience already, Krystal got off ehr bed and walked towards the bathroom. 

"I'll get ready.." She said while still rubbing her back. "Be fast" That's all she heard from Jessica before slamming the bathroom door closed. 

"I don't understand why we have to walk down the hot street" Krystal whined while fanning herself and Jessica just glared at her sister. "We're here" Jessica said and Krystal rolled her eyes before pushing the door open. Going inside, Krystal walked inside not caring if her sister was still walking with her. 

Noticing the decorations that filled the whole cafe, Krystal furrowed her brows and ly to find no one there. Turning around, Krystal was about to find Jessica when she heard a familiar voice singing. Turning back again, Krystal froze when she saw the person sitting at the small stage at the far end corner of the cafe. 

He smiled at her. 

It's been two years.. 

Do you remember when I said I'd always be there.
Ever since we were ten, baby.
When we were out on the playground playing pretend.
Didn't know it back then.

Now I realize you were the only one
It's never too late to show it.
Grow old together,
Have feelings we had before
Back when we were so innocent

I pray for all your love
Girl our love is so unreal
I just wanna reach and touch you, squeeze you, somebody pinch me
This is something like a movie
And I dont know how it ends girl
But I fell in love with my Best Friend

Through all the dudes that came by
And all the nights that you'd cry.
Girl I was there right by your side.
How could I tell you I loved you
When you were so happy
With some other guy?

Now I realize you were the only one
It's never too late to show it.
Grow old together,
Have feelings we had before
When we were so innocent.

I know it sounds crazy
That you'd be my baby.
Girl you mean that much to me.

And nothing compares when
We're lighter than air and
We don't wanna come back down.

And I don't wanna ruin what we have
Love is so unpredictable.

But it's the risk that I'm taking, hoping, praying
You'd fall in love with your best friend

I pray for all your love
Girl our love is so unreal
I just wanna reach and touch you, squeeze you, somebody pinch me
This is something like a movie
And I dont know how it ends girl
But I fell in love with my Best Friend

I remember when I said I'd always be there
Ever since we were ten baby

He stepped down the stairs, walked towards her and handed her the bouquet of flowers. She stood there, confused, surprised, happy. 

"What.. how" Krystal said but he only gave her a smile. A warm, longing smile. 

"I'm sorry for leaving just like that Krys.." L said and Krystal just stood there. Looking straight into his eyes. "It's alright.. I.." Krystal said but then stopped when L had cut her off. "But I mean what I said just now" L said straightforwardly and Krystal furrowed her brows not catching what he meant. 

"I fell inlove with my best friend" L said and tears flowed out of her eyes just by hearing his words. Engulfing him into a tight hug, Krystal buried her face on his chest and nodded her head. "I fell inlove with you too" Krystal said and L lightly pushed her and looked straight into her eyes. His eyes filled with happiness and surprise. 

"R-Really?" L asked and Krystal nodded her head. "Maybe it's the reason why--" 

He kissed her. 

"It's the reason why you don't let anyone hit on me" L said right after breaking the kiss and Krystal pushed him away before smiling in amusement. "Really? Why so cocky huh?" Krystal asked with a smile plastered on her face and L chuckled. "Because I got the best girl in the world" L answered confidently and Krystal decided to a bit. 

"I don't remember saying yes to you and I don't really remember you asking me any questions" Krystal said while looking at L teasingly causing L to huff. "Do I have to do that? It's obvious that I love you and you love me. Isn't that enough?" L asked and Krystal stuck her tongue out before shaking her head and crossing her arms. 

"Tch. Such a princess" L muttered and Krystal glared at him. 

"What did you say?!" Krystal asked and L smiled cheekily. 

"My princess" 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I honestly don't know how this story turned out to be but if this is a bit crappy. (to whoever requested this MyungStal fic) I'll do another one ^^ just wait for it. 

For the other ones who requested. Your requests will soon be posted.

Tell me your feedbacks~ Thanks for reading~