(HyukStal) Without You

Oneshot Anthology

"Challenges are what makes life insteresting.
Overcoming them is what makes it meaningful"

 

"Screw this, I still need to finish everything and now this?!" Krystal said in frustration as she slammed the table inside the office gaining some of the attention of her officemates. Hanging her head low, Krystal grunted before shaking her head. She slammed the keyboard and stood up wanting to go to the pantry but when she turned around; a person greeted her with a coffee on his hand.

"No need to be worked up. It's still early and I know that you didn't have enough rest the past few days, here take this coffee and let me continue your work" He offered and Krystal only gave him a questioning look. "Isn't your group busy too?" Krystal asked before taking the coffee on his hand and sipping it lightly, watching him take a seat on the chair she's sitting at earlier, Krystal settled herself above the desk just beside him.

"No, our department’s done with all the projects already so practically we're free for the week" He said with a smile on his face before pressing the power button of the computer and giving her a smile before typing the password. "Wait" Krystal said, she tried to stop him from opening the computer but too bad, he already did.

"Wow" That's all that he could say.

"I told you to stop" Krystal mumbled but he managed to hear it. "It's embarrassing" Krystal said and was about to change the wallpaper of the computer she's working at but he stopped her. "Don't change it. It's cute you know" He said while looking at the displayed wallpaper in front of him. Krystal, with him. Having a blast at the amusement park.

"But--"

"No buts.. so? What's the problem that made you slam the poor table?" He asked changing the topic and Krystal frowned. "The computer stopped working earlier and I'm not finished with my work yet. It's really annoying" She stated and he chuckled while pressing random keys on the keyboard causing Krystal to glare at him. "Kang Minhyuk" Krystal growled and he stood up from his seat before kissing Krystal's forehead.

"I'm just joking princess.. there.. I managed to still retrieve your work" He said while pointing at the computer and Krystal furrowed her brows. "You retrieved it?" She asked and Minhyuk nodded his head before fixing his tie. "Yes. But excuse me first.. I have a meeting to attend to in ten minutes and I can't risk to be late" He said and Krystal rolled her eyes. Kissing his cheek, Krystal forced a smile.

"Thanks for the coffee" Krystal said and Minhyuk nodded his head and gave her a thumbs up. "Anything for my princess" He said before tucking a strand of Krystal's hair behind her ear with his other hand holding hers. "I'll be back later alright?" Minhyuk said and Krystal nodded her head before reluctantly letting go of Minhyuk's hand.

Seeing her boyfriend walk away and disappear, Krystal sighed and resumed back on working.

Glancing around the office, Krystal shrugged her shoulders and continued to work on her paper. After an hour of doing all the paper works, Krystal printed everything her boss requires her to do, gathering and organizing everything in her desk, Krystal piled all the papers in a folder and stood up.

“Hey.. is the boss is his office?” Krystal asked one of her officemates. “Yeah.. I think he’s inside his office” Her co-worker said and Krystal nodded her head before making her way towards the office where her boss is. Knocking on the door, Krystal stealthily turned the knob and stepped inside only to see her boss working on his computer.

“What is it Miss Jung?” He asked and Krystal cleared . “I’ve done the reports for the month sir. It all just needs to be signed” She said and her boss grabbed the folder before reading it in front of her. She sensed that something is wrong with him but nevertheless stood there and waited. Noticing him furrow his brows, Krystal flinched when he suddenly slammed the table.

“THIS IS THE REPORT?!” He asked with an angry voice. Krystal knew why and decided to just keep calm, she’s a manager for Pete’s sake and she doesn’t want to lose everything she had there in her work just because her boss got in her nerves suddenly.

“I called a meeting for my team sir. I will fire the ones that failed to reach the company’s target income, I will also be strict about the working policies sir. Some of them failed to report but nevertheless did their job” Krystal said as calm as possible, no, she doesn’t want to add oil into the fire.

“Then why the hell did you even report to me?! Is this work a joke to you?! Your team failed to comply with the company’s target! What do you expect me to do?!” He asked still shouting and Krystal sighed. She already had a bad day and now this? Oh good lord, she doesn’t want to fight.

“Sir, it’s the first time this happened. You know my team, it’s just because of the sudden increase with the target that’s why my team’s not able to comply but I’m telling they’re all working their best just so we can reach the target you gave us. I already warned those who merely complied too, everyone in my team are working hard sir” Krystal stated and the man slammed the table as he stood up.

“You know what?! You’re making me think that you’re not even worth promoting! Yes, you’re a good worker but I don’t think you deserve to be a manager already! You’re a sales manager for this company’s sake and you didn’t manage to comply with our company’s target!” He shouted right at Krystal’s face causing her to flex her jaw and clench her fist.

“We just failed to get 20,000 won sir. My team did their best to comply with your orders, they went through a hard time just to get investors invest here in the company” Krystal said and the man sighed in annoyance. “You think 20,000 is that small?! Huh?!” He asked and Krystal shut her eyes and took a deep breath trying to calm herself from slapping the guy in front of him.

“The CEO said it was fine sir. I already called him this morning and reported everything” Krystal said and the man chuckled mockingly. “Oh? So what are you saying now? That you got his back?!” He shot at her and Krystal sighed. “No, it’s not like that sir” Krystal answered and the man scoffed.

“You’re really good at disappointing people”

Krystal knew what he meant, that’s the last string.

“So now you’re bringing personal matters here now huh? Jonghyun?” Krystal asked and Jonghyun went silent. “If you’re telling me that I disappointed you because I rejected to date you then think why I did that” Krystal paused. “First, I’m dating someone else” Krystal said and paused again while looking straight into Jonghyun’s eyes.

“Second, I don’t want my relationship to be messed up with my work. What you do think will the people say if they found out that you offered to promote me if I date you?” Krystal asked with so much annoyance in her voice. “Third, how can I date a guy that as narrow-minded as you?!” She continued finally raising her voice.

“I get it! You’re my boss here but you know that MY TEAM always did their best to finish and do every command and work you gave them! Don’t you think I didn’t notice that you gave my team more work when I rejected you?! Stop being a child Jonghyun! Man up! I know why you’re getting grumpy and I can’t blame you, but the next time you end up treating me and my team like this.. I swear. We’ll see at the board meeting” Krystal said before harshly grabbing the papers he gave Jonghyun and walked out of his office not forgetting to slam the door.

Walking towards the cubicle, Krystal threw all the paper on her desk and slumped herself on the chair. Pressing her hands against her face, Krystal grunted and took a deep breath trying to calm herself down. She hated arguing with people but Jonghyun’s too much.

She’s been trying to let everything he did pass the past few months but that’s the last string. Removing her hands from her face, Krystal opened her computer and smiled weakly when she saw the display. Right on time, Krystal’s phone beeped.

Opening the message box, Krystal smiled when she saw Minhyuk’s message.

Stop frowning, it lessens your beauty. Keep smiling princess, I’ll smile if you smile. Hmm, how are you? Me? My meeting’s finished but my boss asked me to go with him on the work site so I can recommend him ideas, I don’t know how long it’ll be but I’ll still try to take you home. Have a good day princess, love you.

-Minhyuk

She smiled but then frowned. She smiled because she can see how Minhyuk cares for her but then frowned when she found out that he’s not going to be able to spend the rest of the day with her. She’s disappointed of course, he’s the only one that can make her smile but too bad, he’s busy.

Turning towards her computer again, Krystal sighed as she dropped her head on the pile of papers in front of her. She can’t blame herself though, she chose this life, she chose the tough road so she knows that she can’t complain.

Her father offered her to work at his company, she rejected.

He offered her help to find work through his contacts, she rejected.

Her father always does those kinds of things, Krystal wanted to be independent and unlike that other kids, she doesn’t like taking life’s easy road. She chose the tough one, a very tough one that is. Her father offered her everything, good life, good work position, he even offered her a good man to marry but she doesn’t want to. She rejected all of it.

She wants to lead her life alone. She wants to be independent and that’s what got her disowned.

Her father’s never caring. He gave her everything she wants but not what she needs. She yearned love from him, he never gave her. Yes, ask him expensive things and he’ll give it to you in just a click but never can he give her what she needed the most.

Love, attention, freedom.

Her father manipulated her, he gave her good things just so in the right time. He could say that she owed him something. He wanted her to marry a rich guy for the company’s sake but Krystal doesn’t want it and dated Minhyuk instead, her father disowned her saying that she an ungrateful child.

It pained her. It badly did.

But thinking about it now, she knows that she won’t need earthly riches. She needs love, she needs attention, she needs warmth, she needs security and all of that came from no one but Minhyuk. He’s the only person that made her feel loved, so she’s not saying that she regret anything.

Getting disowned is worth it when you have the person that can give you everything you need.

She chose this life, she’s happy.

But, she would be lying if she says that it doesn’t frustrate her from time to time. Like now.

“Yo! Yo! It’s lunch time!”

That made her shot her head up, getting up from her seat, Krystal grabbed her purse and walked out of the building wanting to let her mind slip off from everything that’s making her frustrated. Feeling a hand on her arm, Krystal turned her head sidewards and saw Luna smiling at her.

“Hi there missy. Having lunch alone are we?” Luna asked and Krystal chuckled. “I am. Want to go with me?” Krystal asked and Luna nodded her head fully intertwining her arms with Krystal’s. “Sure. Your treat?” Luna asked jokingly and Krystal rolled her eyes.

“Only if you say that you’ll pay for the drinks” Krystal said and Luna laughed. “Deal!” Luna stated.

“So? What happened to you and Jonghyun now? Got any improvements?” Luna asked while munching her lunch and Krystal stopped eating. “Stop telling me about him. I hate that jerk” Krystal muttered under her breath and Luna raised her brows.

“You hate him now huh?” Luna asked and Krystal dropped her spoon and fork before letting out a sigh. “I just can’t understand why he’s being so childish! I mean, it’s been a couple of months since I rejected him and he’s getting back at me through the office works. It’s not that I don’t mind it, since I chose this life but why can’t he just shut up and accept his defeat? Isn’t getting back at me through his position is a bit immature and overboard?” Krystal asked throwing her hands up in the air and Luna chuckled.

“You know Jonghyun right? He’s been liking you since you were living back your old life, he even contracted your dad right? You know him, he has his pride as high as the mountains and as deep as the ocean. He just won’t let it slip away, knowing that you dated someone like Minhyuk” Luna said not thinking that her words struck Krystal deeply.

“Someone like Minhyuk? Oh, I get it now. He’s not as rich as Jonghyun, he’s not as popular as him, Minhyuk never went to a university, he doesn’t have his parents, he’s living on a run-down apartment. So what? Just because he lives that way doesn’t mean I should choose someone who can take me off the tough road. I chose this life Luna, you know that and I don’t care about riches. I thought you know me well” Krystal said and Luna sighed before nodding her head.

“I know” Luna answered. “But don’t you remember what made you get disowned in the first place?” Luna asked.

“Luna, please. I love Minhyuk and dad’s being too much, he’s been demanding, he’s controlling my life and I don’t like it. I want to live on my own now” Krystal said and Luna sighed. “But look who’s suffering” Luna said and Krystal grew silent.

She would be lying if she says that it’s not hard for her because it is. She took a while to get used to her new life now but it doesn’t mean that she should blame Minhyuk for getting disowned. After all, it’s her choice and not his. It’s her choice to leave her old life and be with him even if it means leaving everything she has behind.

She won’t blame him. She won’t and never will.

“I know. But I’m getting used to this life already, I can handle things now. You saw it yourself right?” Krystal asked and Luna nodded her head. “I know. I just don’t want to see you suffer” Luna said and Krystal smiled weakly.

“I got him beside me. That’s all that matters”

 

Sorry, I won’t be able to go back to the office on time. We met a potential client on the way back and invited us over for dinner, wish me luck princess, I think this client will make me earn money. We can buy a new home, just wait alright? I love you so much.

-Minhyuk

She frowned.

He’s not going to be home early, she thought.

Getting her worn out bag from the corner of her desk, Krystal sighed. “I can’t even buy myself a new bag” Krystal muttered under her breath before walking out of the office. Hailing a taxi, Krystal thought that it would be lonely back at the apartment so she decided to visit the mall around the town that just opened recently.

Giving the man her pay, Krystal went out of the cab and looked around. Noticing that it was a high-end mall, she frowned and regretted her choice. “I should have gone to the market” Krystal thought to herself sarcastically, having no choice anymore, Krystal walked inside the mall and looked around.

Noticing a random store with expensive bags, Krystal walked towards it and stared at the bags with so much desire. She would be lying if she says that she doesn’t want to buy it but knowing what her situation is right now, she knows that it would take her whole year pay just to get that bag. Not like before, in just a click of a hand, things she wanted would be hers instantly.

“Regret everything now?” She heard a deep voice behind her say. Turning around, Krystal stood frozen in her place when she came face to face with her father again. It’s been a long time, she thought. “N-No” Krystal answered trying to sound as firm as she can.

“Really?” The old man asked and her Krystal clenched her fist. “Yes. I don’t need riches da-“ Realizing what she’s about to say, Krystal stopped. “Mr. Jung” She answered the old man raised his brows nonchalant about the fact that his daughter didn’t call him ‘dad’ anymore. Krystal knew it, he doesn’t care.

“I can’t really believe that you’ll choose to be disowned Krystal. I don’t believe why you refused to live a life people badly wanted that they’re even ready to let other people get hurt for it” Mr. Jung said in amusement and Krystal frowned. It seemed to her that he’s silently making her regret every choice she made.

“I know. My life is the kind of life badly wanted by others, but don’t you know how they failed to see the consequences for having that kind of life? Yeah, sure I can have all the money but what about love? What about freedom?” Krystal asked and the man raised his brows. “What about love? Freedom?” He asked challenging his daughter.

“The best things in life are free dad. It’s love, it’s freedom” Krystal said confidently. “It’s not money” Krystal said and the man scoffed. “How can you get love and freedom without money? Tell me. If not for money people will not like you, if not for money people will not give you what you want” Mr. Jung simply said and Krystal sighed.

“That’s the only thing you see dad. Money” Krystal said and Mr. Jung raised his brows not expecting his daughter to say something to him that way. “I never asked you anything but love, you gave me all I want, you gave me everything I need but what about the things I desired the most? You never failed to give me riches dad but you failed to give me love. I don’t want to live that way anymore, I don’t want money” Krystal said and Mr. Jung smiled amused by his daughter’s words.

“Then why are you here?” He asked. “Isn’t it wrong for me to have fun?” Krystal asked incredulously. “Is staring at those bags with so much desire now is happy? I know that you somehow wanted to get back to your old life Krystal and that’s just easy, break up with him and marry the guy I wanted you to” Mr. Jung said and Krystal scoffed.

“No” Krystal stated firmly. “I won’t leave Minhyuk. No matter what” Krystal said and Mr. Jung raised his brows before giving his daughter a smile that made Krystal confused. No, it wasn’t a smile of amusement but rather a smile that has a devilish meaning behind it.

“No matter what?” Mr. Jung asked and Krystal took a deep breath before nodding her head.

“Yes, no matter what” Krystal said and Mr. Jung shrugged his shoulders. “Even If I tell you that he’s meeting his biological parents now and that might change his life forever?” Mr. Jung asked and Krystal found no words to say. She felt utterly speechless.

“I’ve been checking on him and his parents have money. Surely, they won’t like someone like you date their son and surely Minhyuk is already used to his miserable life that he, without second thoughts will come with his parents” Mr. Jung said and Krystal shook her head.

“He won’t do that” Krystal said or more like convincing her own self.

“I know he will. That’s why I’m here” Mr. Jung said and Krystal felt tears threatening to fall. “No” She answered before running away not wanting her father to see that she still have doubts. No, she doesn’t want to show him her doubts, not when she knows that it’s a sign of defeat.

She dropped herself tiredly on the couch as soon as she entered the apartment. She sighed, what if Minhyuk will not really come back, leave with his parents and won’t love her anymore? Would she be able to take it?

She sacrificed her good life just so she could be with him, would he do the same? She knows she doesn’t need to doubt Minhyuk’s love for her anymore but what if he did? What if her father’s right all along? What if Minhyuk would leave her for his parents?

“I’m home”

That made her immediately stand up. Dashing towards the door, Krystal saw Minhyuk standing by at the door with a smile on his face, not knowing what to do, Krystal walked briskly to him and hugged him tight surprising him.

“Whoa there, something happened?” Minhyuk asked after pulling away from her and Krystal shook her head before smiling, trying to prevent tears from escaping her eyes. “No, I’m glad you’re home” Krystal said truthfully and Minhyuk smiled before pinching his girlfriend’s cheek. “My boss let me off early this time. Besides, the client.. I need to tell you something about them” Minhyuk said and Krystal raised her brows.

Would he tell me the truth? Krystal thought.

“What is it?” Krystal asked and Minhyuk took her hand and led her inside the living room. Settling themselves on the couch, Krystal raised her brows and gave Minhyuk a questioning look. “The client I met today.. they.. they’re my parents” Minhyuk said and Krystal smiled before nodding her head.

“H-How did you know it was them? How did they find you?” Krystal asked and Minhyuk smiled upon seeing that his girlfriend handled the news easily. “They’ve been searching for me and when they found out where I’m working, they immediately tried to become one of the clients just so they could get to know me” Minhyuk said carefully watching how the latter would react and Krystal nodded her head making Minhyuk sigh in relief.

“They explained everything to you?” Krystal asked and Minhyuk nodded his head. “A-Are.. you going with them now? Did they ask you to come with them?” Krystal asked with a hint of fear in her voice and Minhyuk looked away before nodding his head sensing the tone of his girlfriend’s voice. “Hey” Krystal said before holding Minhyuk’s chin and turning his head to face her again.

“It’s alright, you don’t deserve this kind of life anyway” Krystal said while forcing a smile even when it’s breaking her inside but Minhyuk knew her better, he knows that she’s lying. “No” Minhyuk answered firmly knowing what Krystal meant.

“It’s alright. You can leav—“

“I told them about us” Minhyuk said abruptly and Krystal froze on her place. “You did what?” Krystal asked in disbelief. “I told them about us, I told them about you” Minhyuk said and Krystal found herself speechless. “How.. did they take it?” Krystal asked and Minhyuk smiled before leaning in and kissing her forehead.

“They actually want to meet you as soon as they can” Minhyuk said before pulling away and chuckled when he saw Krystal looking at him is disbelief. “They said that?” Krystal asked and Minhyuk nodded his head. “I told them how you left your old life just so you can be with me” Minhyuk said and Krystal felt tears threatening to fall from her eyes again.

“They said they were grateful for that” Minhyun added. “And they want to give you this as a sign of gratitude” Minhyuk said before pulling something out from his bag and handling it to Krystal. Taking it, Krystal opened the white wrap and gasped when she saw what’s in it.

“This is too much, I can’t take it” Krystal said handling it back to Minhyuk but he shook his head. “No, I know how you badly wanted that. Besides, it’s just a small gift consider it as a token of gratitude” Minhyuk said and Krystal frowned.

“But this bag is expensive” Krystal said and Minhyuk raised his brows. “You’re priceless” He answered back causing Krystal to hug him tight. “Thank you” Krystal said and Minhyuk patted his girlfriend’s back. “It’s alright, maybe a day from now. They will invite us over for dinner, would that be fine with you?” Minhyuk asked and Krystal smiled brightly before giving him a tight hug.

“Of course” Krystal said her face buried on his shoulder. “Thank you for telling them about us. I thought you’ll leave me as soon as you meet them” Krystal finally told him her fear and Minhyuk never expected something like that coming from her. Furrowing his brows, Minhyuk shook his hand and held both of her hands before gently squeezing it.

“Why would I leave someone who risked everything for me? A man who have nothing at all? Remember this princess, if it means leaving my parents and continue living like this, I will gladly do that as long as I’m with you. You’re my everything remember?” Minhyuk asked and Krystal nodded her head before leaning in and kissing his cheek.

“Thanks” Krystal said and Minhyuk nodded his head before lightly pinching his girlfriend’s cheek.

“Everything for my lady”

 

 

“Is she the girl you’re talking about?”

“Yes mom, she’s Krystal. My girlfriend” Minhyuk answered confidently while holding his girlfriend’s hand tightly. “Come here Krystal, let me hug you” Mrs. Kang said and Krystal reluctantly removed her hands from Minhyuk and walked towards her mom.

Mrs. Kang hugged her tight making Krystal sigh in relief. But the serious look on Mr. Kang’s face scared her.

“Krystal, we thank you for risking everything and have to go through getting disowned just to be with our son here. We just want you to know that we’re grateful with everything you did for him, but please don’t take it the wrong way alright?” Mr. Kang said as soon as they settled down on the table inside the café.

Krystal nodded her head.

“Why did you choose to get disowned?” Mr. Kang asked. “What made you think that our son here is really the one?” Mr. Kang asked. “Isn’t money a big deal here?” He added and right at the question, Minhyuk was about to say something when Krystal grabbed his hand under the table stopping him. Giving him an assuring smile, Krystal spoke up.

“I know you know where family I came from sir and it’s true. Money is really a big deal, I mean, it’s hard to live without it right? But when I met Minhyuk, I know he’s the one I’ve been looking for. I never needed money sir, I need love, attention, freedom, warmth, security and I got it all form your son. He gave me all that and that made me sure that he’s all I need. I didn’t choose to get disowned, it was my father who did that but who am I to protest right? I chose the path to walk but badly, he reacted negatively” Krystal answered confidently and Mr. Kang nodded his head.

“I hope you won’t dislike us for telling this, but I met your father once. We tried to build a business venture together but he tricked me and I lost a big amount of money, making it hard to find my son. I was just starting my business that time, I don’t have much, the money I have is enough to start a business. It took me a few years to recover and maybe if he didn’t tricked me, we would have found our son earlier” Mr. Kang said with a serious voice and Krystal looked down feeling ashamed of what her father did.

“I’m sorry sir, I apologize on his behalf” Krystal said. “Do you blame her dad?” Minhyuk suddenly spoke up and Krystal turned her head towards him and saw that he’s frowning. “I don’t. I just want to be honest with her, I don’t dislike you Krystal. I like you for my son, but the past keeps hunting me” Mr. Kang said and Krystal took a deep breath before nodding her head.

“I understand sir and I apologize with everything my father did” Krystal apologized and Minhyuk stood up from his seat causing everyone there to be surprised. “I don’t like where this is heading dad. I’ll take Krystal home first, we need to talk” Minhyuk said and grabbed Krystal’s hand and dragged her out of the café.

“Hey” Krystal said as soon as they were out. Hailing a cab, Minhyuk kept silent until one came. “We’ll talk later when I’m home but let me talk to my parents first. We need to clear things up” Minhyuk sternly said and gently pushed her inside the cab.

“But—“

“I won’t let them say anything about you or your dad. It will be fine, wait for me alright?” Minhyuk said before kissing her forehead and Krystal can’t do anything but to nod her head,

“Alright” She answered and Minhyuk closed the door of the cab.

“Sir please drive safely” Minhyuk said and the driver nodded his head before driving away. Walking back toward the café, Minhyuk rolled his sleeves up and walked towards the table where his parents are.

“What was that?” Minhyuk asked and Mrs. Kang was only looking back and forth from him and his father. “I just want to be honest to her Minhyuk, she deserves to know what had happened before, she deserves to know what kind of person her father is” Mr. Kang answered and Minhyuk sighed.

“Don’t you know how hard it is for her dealing with the fact that her father doesn’t even care about her? Why do you have to bring it up dad?” Minhyuk asked trying not to sound irritated but failed. “Why? What do you assume she will think if she sees her dad and me not in good terms in the future? Wouldn’t that bother her?” Mr. Kang asked and Minhyuk shook his head.

“Still!” He answered. “I’m not doing this for her to run away from you, I’m doing this to let her know that I trust her” Mr. Kang said and Minhyuk shook his head in disappointment. “It sounded like you’re blaming her for not being able to find me earlier dad” Minhyuk said and Mr. Kang sighed.

“It’s not like that. Don’t you know what we felt when he tricked us? I felt like regretting trusting him, I felt like I should have used all that money to go and find you after the accident. But please keep in mind, and please tell Krystal too that she’s out of the war between me and her father” Mr. Kang said and Minhyuk furrowed his brows not catching what her father meant.

“War?” Minhyuk asked. “I’m sorry son, but. But please keep in mind, and please tell Krystal too that she’s out of the war between me and her father” Mr. Kang said and Minhyuk furrowed his brows not catching what her father meant.

“I’m sorry son, but that man’s gotta pay” Mr. Kang said before standing up.

“And please do tell Krystal that we want to see her at Friday night. We’re going to have a family dinner, we’ll call you tomorrow morning. Call us if you need anything” Mr. Kang said and just like that, he left.

 

 

“So what happened?” Krystal asked as soon as she saw Minhyuk entering the apartment. Shrugging his shoulders, Minhyuk made his way towards the couch and settled there with his head resting on her thighs. Seeing the frown on his face, Krystal gently brushed his hair.

“Tell me” she said while looking down. “You’re beautiful from here” Minhyuk said with a small smile and Krystal frowned before pinching his nose. “Tell me what happened” Krystal said and the frown on Minhyuk’s face became visible again.

“Promise me you won’t get mad?” Minhyuk asked and Krystal nodded her head. “Promise” she answered continuing to gently brushing his hair with her hands.

“Dad said that.. he said things like that to let you know that he trusted you and that you’re out of his grudge towards dad. I’m sorry Krys, but I can’t blame dad if he has a grudge towards your dad, I’m just glad that he left you out of it because if he doesn’t then surely they would continue to live without me” Minhyuk said before sitting up again and Krystal smiled.

“I don’t know how it feels like to lose a child but I won’t blame them or dislike them for that. I completely understand if they hold a grudge against dad” Krystal said in assurance causing Minhyuk to smile a little. “But that’s not just the problem” He said making Krystal raise her brows.

“What’s that?” Krystal asked.

“He said.. I think” Minhyuk trailed trying to find the right words to say.

“What?” Krystal asked again. “I think, dad wants to get back to him” Minhyuk said and Krystal only kept her calm expression causing Minhyuk to be scared than he already is. “Krys?” He called and Krystal took a deep breath.

“I’m out of it”

He knows that she’s not fine with it, he knows she’s pretending but he can’t do anything but to watch her and be there for her. She looks fine on the outside, yes, but he knows that she’s badly broken inside. The next day cam again and just like her typical day, Krystal woke up and headed to work. Usually, she would wait for him to finish up so they can go together but unlike before, Krystal left earlier than him and of course, Minhyuk knew the reason why.

He felt like she’s avoiding and he hated that.

Why does it have to Krystal’s dad? Why does he have to be the man his father despised the most?

He would be lying if he says he likes Mr. Jung but after all, isn’t taking revenge a bit overboard? After all, it’s been years after everything that had happened. Can he just beg his dad not to take revenge anymore and just be in good terms instead?

Could he?

 

Meanwhile..

“You seem to be out of it” Luna said before placing a cup of coffee in front of Krystal who seemed to be spacing out. “Huh?” Krystal asked not really catching what Luna meant. “You seem to be having too many thoughts inside the brain of yours” Luna said and Krystal frowned before taking a sip of coffee.

“I don’t know maybe because I didn’t get enough sleep last night?” Krystal asked and Luna raised her brows. “Something bothering you?” Luna asked and Krystal pondered whether she should tell Luna or not. Of course, she trusts the latter but she doesn’t want to make the matters worse anymore. She wants to solve it by herself and she doesn’t want someone worrying about her too.

 

“Nothing, I think I drank too much coffee last night while making the reports” Krystal said and Luna believed it. “Should I kill Jonghyun now?” Luna asked causing Krystal to chuckle. “I will be very pleased if you do that” Krystal said with a smile and Luna shook her head.

“I’ll go back to my work now. Don’t frown okay? Minhyuk would leave you if you keep frowning like that” Luna said right after going out from her cubicle. Furrowing her brows, Krystal looked around the vast office and saw Minhyuk staring at from the other side of the room with a frown on his face.

 

Looking away, Krystal went back and tried to make herself busy with all the work she has to finish.

“How long will you keep on ignoring me?” She heard a voice from behind her causing her to flinch on her seat. Turning her chair around, Krystal looked away when she saw the serious look Minhyuk has on. “I’m not ignoring you” Krystal said before turning her chair around and tried to focus on her computer work.

“Didn’t you know that I noticed how you talked to me right after I told you what my dad wants? I can always stop him Krys.. I’ll try” Minhyuk said and Krystal stood up and faced him. Letting out a sigh, Krystal shook her head.

“I told you I’m out of it. So don’t say that I’m ignoring you just because of your dad” Krystal said and Minhyuk frowned. “That looks like it for me” He stated and Krystal pinched the bridge of her nose. “It’s not like that” Krystal defended.

“Then what is it? Tell me that you aren’t fine with my dad doing it, tell me you’re against it, tell me that you’re still affected even if you say that it’s out of your business. I know you better than anyone Krys and I hate seeing you suffer, I hate seeing you be torn apart between your family and mine. I know your dad disowned you and all, but that doesn’t mean that you stopped caring. You’re still his daughter and I know you still care for him, tell me you don’t want it. I will do everything, just don’t ignore me” Minhyuk pleaded and Krystal looked down before finally breaking into tears, seeing this, Minhyuk engulfed her into a tight hug.

“I’m scared. I still care about dad what if your dad’s plans will cause him badly?” Krystal asked and Minhyuk sighed. Pulling away from their hug, Minhyuk looked straight into her eyes and kissed her forehead assuring her that everything will be fine.

“I won’t. If you don’t want it then I’ll stop it, just please don’t ignore me? It’s hard being alone without you” Minhyuk said and Krystal nodded her head. “I won’t. I’m sorry” Krystal said and Minhyuk nodded his head before wiping her tears away.

“We’ll do this together alright?” Minhyuk said while looking straight into her eyes and Krystal nodded her head.

“We will”

 

“Dad, what if Mr. Jung asks for your forgiveness? Would you forgive him?” Minhyuk suddenly asked as soon as he saw his dad in the office. He just got off from his work and brought Krystal back home before deciding to see his father, if Krystal doesn’t want his father seeking revenge for Mr. Jung then he would do his best to stop him.

“Why would I? It’s not just worth of saying ‘I’m sorry’ Minhyuk. He almost took everything away from me, what if something bad happened to you because we weren’t able to find you earlier? Would his apology take you back to life?” Mr. Kang asked and Minhyuk sighed.

“But I’m alive dad” Minhyuk noted and Mr. Kang sighed before shaking his head. “I won’t accept his apology. I will make sure that he will feel what I felt when he tricked me before” Mr. Kang said firmly. “But don’t you know it will hurt Krystal?” Minhyuk asked.

“You know that he disowned her right? I’m sure Krystal—“

“She said she’s afraid dad, she said she doesn’t want anything bad happening to her father and you know that it will hurt her if you still continue your plan. But dad remember, if she gets hurt by this then I will get hurt too” Minhyuk firmly said not wanting to give up.

“You really love her huh?” Mr. Kang asked.

“I do dad and it will hurt me if you hurt someone she loves” Minhyuk said and Mr. Kang smiled before nodding his head. “But don’t you feel any anger towards that man?” Mr. Kang asked and Minhyuk nodded his head.

“I disliked him for disowning Krystal but if it wasn’t for him then I wouldn’t have met Krystal right? He’s still the father of the girl I love and I respect him” Minhyuk said and Mr. Kang stood up from his seat and walked towards his son before patting his shoulder gently.

“I can’t believe you grew up that way. Alright, if you don’t want it then I won’t do it anymore but answer me honestly” Mr. Kang said causing Minhyuk to raise his brows. “What is it dad?” Minhyuk asked.

“Is she really the one?”

 

“Krys?” Minhyuk asked as soon as he entered the apartment door. Looking around, everything was silent. Maybe she’s in the room, he thought. Walking towards the bedroom, Minhyuk opened the door and Krystal on the bed sleeping peacefully.

Sitting at the edge of the bed just beside her, Minhyuk reached out and tucked the strands of her hair behind her hair before smiling like an idiot. “You’re creeping me out” Krystal suddeny spoke up causing Minhyuk to immediately retrieve his hand back and clear his throat before standing up.

“Did I wake you?” Minhyuk asked worriedly and Krystal smiled before shaking her head. “No, but why are you late?” Krystal asked. “About dad” Minhyuk said ignoring her question and Krystal raised her brows. “He agreed not to do it anymore” Minhyuk said with a smile and Krystal looked at him in disbelief.

“Really?” She asked and Minhyuk nodded his head. “I asked him not to anymore. I told him it would hurt you, and if you’re going to be hurt it will hurt me too” Minhyuk answered and Krystal smiled before getting off the bed and walking towards him.

“Thank you” Krystal said as she engulfed Minhyuk into a tight hug. “I don’t know what I would really do without you” Krystal stated and Minhyuk chuckled before rubbing her back gently. “I don’t know what I would do without you too” Minhyuk said and Krystal smiled when she felt him kiss her forehead. “Oh, and mom’s inviting us for dinner” Minhyuk answered and Krystal nodded her head. “This late?” Krystal asked before looking at the wall clock hanging. “It’s already ten” Krystal noted.

“I know” Minhyuk answered. “But they said that we should have dinner tonight” Minhyuk said and Krystal nodded her head as she pulled away from him and walked towards her closet. “What should I wear” Krystal mumbled making Minhyuk chuckle.

“You can wear anything, you’ll always look good in anything” Minhyuk answered and before Krystal could even answer him, he already went out of the bedroom. Shaking her head, Krystal picked a simple peach colored floral dress and changed.

“So this is your house?” Krystal asked as soon as they entered the big metal gates, looking around, Krystal stared in awe as the car passed by the trees that were decorated with different lights. “Mom and dad’s house. Not mine” Minhyuk answered causing Krystal to pinch his nose.

“It’s still yours” Krystal answered. “I don’t want to call it mine neither I want it to be mine” Minhyuk answered causing Krystal to raise her brows in amusement. “Why?” She asked.

“Because I already have what I desired the most?” Minhyuk answered and Krystal raised her brows. “What’s that then?” Krystal asked while staring at him, breaking a smile, Minhyuk glanced at her and back on the small road.

“You”

“Cheeseball”

“I thought your mom invited us over for dinner? Where are they?” Krystal asked when she noticed that Minhyuk dragged her to the mansion’s garden. Seeing the empty but decorated gazeebo, Krystal furrowed her brows in confusion.

“They’ll be here soon, let’s go” Minhyuk said and pulled her towards the gazeebo. Looking around, Krystal furrow her brows when she saw no signs of Minhyuk’s parents turning to him, Krystal raised her brows when she saw him already kneeling in front of her with a nervous smile.

“I know that we’ve only been together for a couple of years, I know that your dad dislikes me, I know that I am not the best guy out there but would you please? Would you please marry this guy who made you forget everything you have behind? Would you please marry this guy who made you get disowned? Would you marry this guy who gave you nothing but himself? I know, a lot of guys wanted you and I hate that thought it makes me feel so insecure and I know, that maybe one day you’ll get tired of me, one day, we’ll fight and maybe not talk for days but would you take that risk with me? I know there’s a tough road ahead of us and we won’t know what will happen but all I want for now is to be with you for the rest of my life. I know, I can never do something like what you did for me, I know there’s nothing more than to be willing to get disowned just so you can be with the one you love.. but.. I know.. I’m not a good talker and I may seem to be rambling right now.. but” Minhyuk trailed then paused trying to breathe air.

“Do you remember the first day we met? After that day, I was determined to make you mine no matter what it takes but it turned out the opposite. It’s you who sacrificed for me but now, let me make it up to you, let me return what you did for me. Be with me? For the rest of our lives? Please, let me be the man you’re going to see when you wake up in the morning, let me be the man you’ll have your child with, let me be the man who will stand with you for the rest of your life. Will you marry me?”

Krystal felt nothing but joy, she felt so elated that she doesn’t know what to do anymore.

She nodded her head head.

“Y-Yes” Krystal said and Minhyuk pulled a ring out slid it in her finger. Standing up, Minhyuk engulfed Krystal into a tight hug not forgetting to kiss her temple with joy. “Thank you” Minhyuk said and Krystal hugged him tight.

“Thanks for doing this” Krystal said and Minhyuk shook his head.

“I told you, I want to be with you forever” Minhyuk said and Krystal chuckled. Hearing footsteps behind them, Krystal pulled away from their hug and froze when she saw who that person is.

“D-Dad” Krystal trailed and the man only gave her a warm smile. Glancing at her fiancée, Minhyuk gave her a nod before motioning her to approach the man. “Come here princess” Mr. Jung said and this made Krystal cry in joy again, after years, after 19 years of waiting him to call that again, Krystal felt so much joy that she ran towards her father and hugged him tight.

“Daddy” Krystal said like a little kid and Mr. Jung rubbed her back gently. “Don’t cry princess. I’m sorry if daddy has been treating you badly, I’m sorry if I disowned you” Mr. Jung sincerely said and Krystal pulled away before shaking her head. “No, it’s alright daddy. It’s alright” Krystal said and Mr. Jung wiped her tears away.

“Don’t cry, aren’t you supposed to be happy now?” Mr. Jung asked and Krystal nodded her head. “Thanks for coming here daddy” Krystal said and there, she finally realized everything. Her father, there, in the Kang’s place, visiting her, apologizing to her.

What happened?

Noticing the confusion, Mr. Jung chuckled. “Your boyfriend talked to me earlier” Mr. Jung said and Krystal furrowed her brows. Looking back at Minhyuk, he only gave her a smile before nodding his head. Turning her attention back to her father, Krystal furrowed her brows.

“What did the two of you talked about?” Krystal asked. “He told me that he’s serious about you and that he doesn’t like seeing you get hurt because of me. I told him nothing would change my mind but it surprised me when..” Mr. Jung trailed.

“When?” Krystal asked.

“He kneeled infront of me and begged me for my blessing saying that he wanted to marry you” Mr. Jung said and Krystal found herself speechless. “He did that?” Krystal asked and Mr. Jung nodded his head. “He did” Mr. Jung said and Krystal opened and closed trying to find the right words to say.

“I can say that he’s really serious about you and that I’m wrong for treating you that way. He made me realize how important you are to me Krystal, and he made me realize how much I lacked as your father and I’m sorry. I really am. I won’t even know that I owe him something if he didn’t let me meet his parents” Mr. Jung said and Krystal smiled before shaking her head.

“Y-You do?” Krystal asked and Mr. Jung nodded his head.

“I’ve done them wrong before and I’m sorry with that. I already talked to his parents and told him that I will do anything to make up for it but Minhyuk asked his parents not to ask anything from me anymore and just give my blessing to the both of you” Mr. Jung stated and Krystal nodded her head. “Thank you for doing that daddy” Krystal said and Mr. Jung shook his head.

“Don’t thank me. Thank Minhyuk” Mr. Jung said and Krystal nodded her head. “Go back to him and I’ll call his parents out here. Alright?” Mr. Jung asked before patting his daughter’s cheek gently and Krystal nodded her head.

“Alright” Krystal answered and watched his dad go back inside.

Turning around, Krystal smiled when she noticed Minhyuk looking at her with a smile on his face. “You” Krystal said, her eyes narrowed as soon as she approached him. “What?” Minhyuk asked innocently and Krystal pinched his cheek causing him to pout.

“Thanks for everything” Krystal said finally smiling again and Minhyuk shook his head before hugging her by the waist and pulling her closer. Kissing her forehead, Minhyuk let out a sigh of relief.

“Finally, you’re going to be mine officially” Minhyuk said and Krystal pulled away a little before raising her brows. “So you’re saying that I wasn’t yours before?” Krystal asked and Minhyuk shook his head, landing a peck on her lips, Minhyuk chuckled.

“No, what I mean is no one would try to hit on you anymore because you’re my wife” Minhyuk said with a smile and Krystal chuckled in amusement.

“Already?” Krystal asked and Minhyuk chuckled.

“You would end up as my wife anyways. No matter what you do” Minhyuk said confidently and Krystal chuckled.

“So confident eh?” Krystal asked and Minhyuk shook his head.

“I wouldn’t be this confident without you” 

___________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N: Update~ So here's my update list. The next story's going to be:

MinStal
MyungStal
SeStal
KaiStal

Does anyone want here LeoStal? Tell me if you want me to post a oneshot of them. I'll be waiting :) Hope you likes this. 

Thanks fo reading~