(HyukStal) Chance

Oneshot Anthology

"No relationship is a sunshine, but two people can share one umbrella and survive the storm together" 

 

Saturday morning jumped out of bed and put on my best suit got in my car and raced like a jet all the way to you knocked on your door with heart in my hand to ask you a question cause I know that you're an old fashioned man. Sir I'm a bit nervous about being here today still not real sure what i'm going to say so bear with me please if I take up too much of your time see in this box is the ring for your oldest she's my everything and all that I know is it would be such a relief if I knew that we were on the same side.


Light, light and light. Morning again and I felt my heart beat faster than the usual. Do I need to do an ECG test? No, I don't think so. Glancing at the clock, I hurriedly get down on my bed as I rushed to the bathroom not even minding to fix it anymore. Did my morning routine while practicing what should I say. I look ridiculous right now, with the toothbrush on my mouth, I practice everything I need and have to say.

"Sir, I.."

"Sir, I love your daughter so much. Can I please have your blessing to marry her?"

"Sir, I don't know what to say today. I know you've been good to me--" 

"Urgh! I don't know what to do anymore!" I frustratedly shouted as I rinsed my mouth and stared at my reflection at the mirror. Why is it so hard to ask for his daughter's hand in marriage? I mean, Krystal and I have been together for five years now and my relationship with her dad is doing well, well, not really since he still send daggers at me whenever I try to look at him or whenever I try to act sweet to his daughter.

This is frustrating!

Kang Minhyuk what the hell is wrong with you?!

Hearing my phone ring, I saw the caller ID and saw that it was my girlfriend. Now what should I do? Picking it up, I sighed.

"Hey babe.." I said while calming myself down. No, she can't notice that I'm nervous besides she doesn't know that I'm planning to ask for her hand in marriage. I want to make a surprise proposal and I don't want to ruin it.

"What are you doing today? I miss you already.." 

"I miss you too but hey, how's the night together with Sul and Vic?" I asked trying hard to avoid the topic of what am I doing today. I can't tell her that I'm planning to go at her house today right? Right.

"It's fun.. but hey you didn't answer my question"

Dang, why does my girfriend have to be so smart? 

"I'm doing the usual.. you know, being lazy and all" I said as I went out of the bathroom. 

"Oh, I'll call you later. Tori and Sul's looking for me. Bye! I love you!" Krystal said and I smiled. At least I know that she loves me and I'm confident that she'll say yes if ever I ask her to marry me. She will right? She will.

She loves me and I love her. 

That's all that matters.

"Alright, be safe out there. I love you too Krys"

Can I have your daughter for the rest of my life say yes, say yes cause I need to know cause very soon I'm hoping that I can marry your daughter and make her my wife I want her to be the only girl that I'll love for the rest of my life and give her the best of me til the day that I die, yeah. I'm gonna marry your princess and make her my queen she'll be the most beautiful bride that I've ever see I can't wait to smile, when she walks down the aisle on the arm of her father on the day that I marry your daughter.

Getting in my car, I shakingly put the key on and drove away form my apartment. Opening the radio, I heard random songs and thankfully it helped calm my nerves down. Who wouldn't be nervous right? This is more pressuring than asking Krystal to marry me, oh god please help me.

Tapping my fingers on the steering wheel, the car infront of me halted to a stop and this is my lucky day, sarcastically saying, since who wouldn't right?! Traffic! Everyone hates the traffic!

"Oh please.. I want to end this burden now.." I said and it seems like the heavens heard me and the cars moved again. Now, I'm nearing their house and I don't know what to do again, should I turn back? No, I'm not a coward.

I love Krystal and I want to be with her for the rest of my life.

Stop and here I am. 

Stepping out, I saw the door closed and it seems like the house is empty. No, not now please. Walking to the porch, I stepped infront of the front door and took a deep breath before gently knocking, not long after, the door went open and Krystal's mother greeted me with a warm smile.

"Goodmorning aunt.." I greeted nervously but she doesn't seem to notice it. Am I good at hiding or is she pretending?

I'm really going insane!

"Oh, what are you doing here Minhyuk? Krystal isn't here yet" She said and I smiled nervously. Again.

"I.. uh.. Actually it's not because of her why I am here" I said with my voice more serious this time and she nodded, she seemed to have catched what I meant so she slowly gave me a nod and opened the door wider motioning me to come in.

Slowly stepping in, I sighed seeing that Mr. Jung wasn't at the living room this time. But I still have to face him, right? Right!

Man up Kang Minhyuk!

"Oh, what took you here Minhyuk?" Mr. Jung asked me and I suddenly felt shivers down on my spine and I can say that it wasn't really a very, very good thing. Now my hands started to sweat and I can't to anything but to rub them on my pants, why the hell am I like this?!

"I.. I just want to talk to you about something uncle" I said and he raised his eyebrows causing me to swallow the invisible lump that was on my throat. But even when I did, I still can feel the shaking inside my body and I don't know what to do with it anymore. Urgh, I can't be like this.

"Really? Sit" He shortly said and I then swallowed again before taking a sit on the couch just infront of him. I sat there stiffened, my back straight and my hands are above my knees making me look like a preschooler being scolded by a teacher.

"Loosen up, don't be nervous" 

Why does he have to notice it?! Why?!

"Uhh, thanks.." I muttered before lightly exhaling. 

"So what do you want to talk about?" Mr. Jung asked and felt my self stiffen again. The hell! Soon, aunt joined us and gave me a look of confusion, forcing a smile I took a deep breath.

"Uncle, I mean.. Mr. and Mrs. Jung, you know that Krystal and I have been together for five years now and I thank you for treating me very well spite of what and who I am before, I thank you for accepting my relationship with your daughter and I can never thank you enough for treating me as your son too. But I hope that you can understand what will I say today. I would be lying if I say that I'm not nervous today because I really am but I just want you to know that years had already passed by and Krystal and I have come to the right age, Sir, I just want you to know that I cannot live without your daughter anymore, I just want to wake up everyday with her by my side and after those years I've realized that she's my everything. I love your daughter so much so would you please let me have your blessing and your daughter's hand in marriage?" 

Silence. Defeaning silence. 

"Y-You want to marry Krystal?" Mr. Jung questioned and I took a deep breath before firmly nodding my head.

"Yes sir, I want nothing in my life but her" I said confidently and Mr. Jung nodded his head but his expression was hard to read.

"But I hope that you understand my side as a father, I still cannot trust you enough after knowing who you are before. So no.." 


You say I'll never get your blessing til the day I die tough luck, my friend but the answer is no. why you gotta be so rude?
don't you know I'm human too why you gotta be so rude?
I'm gonna marry her anyway.

"B-But sir.." I said with my voice stuttering. I can't move, I can't speak, I can barely breath.

"No"


She's been here every step since the day that I met so don't you ever worry about me ever treating her bad
I've got poster that best done so far and 'til death do us apart there's no doubt in my mind to start
I swear to you with all of my heart.

"Sir, she's my life. I can't live without her and if you're afraid that I'll go back to my old rude self then I can assure you that it will never happen as long as I have Krystal to keep me sane. Sir, your daughter changed me and I don't know what to do without her. She's the only thing in this world that keeps me sane. Please" 

"I'm sorry kid. You still have to earn it.." 

"I promise you.." 

"Still no" 

I hate to do this you leave no choice can't live without her love me or hate me we will be boys standing at that altar
or we will run away to another galaxy you know, you know she's inlove with me
she will go anywhere I go.

"You can leave now Minhyuk, and please don't bother asking my daughter about this anymore. She's still young and I can assure you that she'll do that same, you don't want to get turned down two times right? Try your luck next time" Mr. Jung said with a small smile and I sighed. So maybe it's the reason why he still sent me daggers everytime I'm with Krystal, doesn't he think that I've changed because of his daughter? 

Krystal is the one that keep me sane. He should know that. 

"I'm sorry for taking up your time sir. But I hope you can still accept it.." I said with a weak smile and headed out the door. I want to break down, I want to scream, I want to vent all my frustrations out but isn't this just a challenge? 

This is just a challenge.

I'm gonna marry your princess and make her my queen she'll be the most beautiful bride that I've ever seen
I can't wait to smile, when she walks down the aisle on the arm of her father on the day that I marry your daughter. Can I have your daughter for the rest of my life say yes, say yes cause I need to know
you say I'll never get your blessing til the day I die tough luck, my friend but the answer's still no.

"Hey babe.." I greeted as soon as I opened the door at my apartment. Krystal had her beautiful smile on and not wanting to ruin the mood, I forced myself to smile even when I'm badly breaking inside after the rejection I got from her father.

"Is there something wrong? You don't look good" Krystal said before cupping my face and enveloping me into a tight hug with her hands around my nape. I just rested my head on her shoulder and sighed before bringing up me arms around her waist and pulled her closer.

"I just miss you.." I lied. But it wasn't really a complete lie since I really miss her, I just don't feel good after the turn down I got.

"Really? I missed you too.." Krystal said and I smiled before kissing her forehead. I took a deep breath, maybe I can take two rejections right? But I hope that even Krystal reject my proposal, she'll still love me just like before.

"I have something for you.." I said and Krystal raised her brows. 

"What is it?" Krystal asked and I smiled before her hand in mine.


Why you gotta be so rude? Don't you know I'm human too why you gotta be so rude?
I'm gonna marry her anyway marry that girl, marry her anyway marry that girl, no matter what you say
marry that girl, and we'll be a family. 
I'm gonna marry your princess and make her my queen she'll be the most beautiful bride that I've ever seen
I can't wait to smile, when she walks down the aisle on the arm of her father
on the day that I marry your daughter.

"Wow, you prepared this?" Krystal asked me as she looked around the roof top in amazement. Different flowers everywhere with varieties of lights that lightened up the dark night, I sighed, I wish that this will go well. I hope that Krystal also wants to be with me for the rest of our lives.

I kneeled down taking Krystal by surprise, looking up, I smiled before taking a deep breath. 

"We've been together for a few years now and I'm thankful that you didn't gave up on me at those rough times we went through. Thank you for keeping me sane and making me realize what's right and wrong, thank you for being my everything and for staying up with me even when I, myself doesn't believe in my own self anymore. Krystal I just want to spend the rest of my days with you, make my dreams come true with you and be the woman that I'll be with forever.. Will you marry me?" 

Surprised. Shock. 

I don't know. 

"Krys.." 

"I.." 

Please don't say no, please don't say no.

"Yes.. I, I do" 

Everything around me seemed to be light again, everything that was inside me seemed to be alive again. I heard her right? Right? She said yes right? She said yes?

"I'm willing to spend the rest of my days with you.." Krystal said and tears blurred my vision. I know I shouldn't be crying but the happiness overwhelmed me too much that I just hugged her tight and whispered loving words to her. 

"Babe.." Krystal called making me break our hug and look straight into her eyes. "What is it?" I asked softly and Krystal sighed before taking our hands together.

 "You asked dad about this right?" She asked and I sighed before slowly nodding my head. "and he rejected you.." Krystal said and I nodded my head again. Then, I felt her hand rest on my cheek, meeting her eyes halfway. 

Krystal smiled at me. 

"Don't you think--" 

"I'm old enough and I'm sure that if dad sees how happy I am marrying you then he won't oppose this marriage anymore right?" Krystal said positively and I nodded my head while smiling. She never failed to take my fears and worries away and I love her for that. 

I really do. 

"Surely.." I said and Krystal hugged me tight again. 

The first time I saw I swear I knew  that I say I do. I'm gonna marry your daughter
and make her my wife, I want her to be the only girl that I love for the rest of my life  and give her the best of me til the day that I die
I'm gonna marry your princess and make her my queen she'll be the most beautiful bride that I've ever seen
I can't wait to smile, when she walks down the aisle on the arm of her father
on the day that I marry your daughter.

"Daddy.." Krystal called as soon as as she entered the house with her hand in mine. Looking up, her father's expression immediately changed as soon as he saw me there with her, but the scrutenizing looks he gave me never made me back down from loving her daughter and asking him for her hand.

I may be known as a player before, but the day I met Krystal. I knew that she'll be the one who's going to change me.

"Hey princess, I thought you'll just go out" Her father said and Krystal sighed before tightening her grip around my hands. Looking back at me, I gave her a small smile reassuring her that I'll be fine. 

"Daddy, I want to talk to you about some things.." Krystal said and her father nodded his head. 

"Why don't we go take a seat?" He asked and Krystal shook her head. "We won't take long dad.." Krystal answered and I looked at her in confusion.

"You two are going out again?" He asked with his eyes focused on me and I jsut swallowed the invisible lump that was on my throat.

"Something like that.." Krystal said and she took a deep breath. "Alright. Then what do you want to talk about?" Her father asked and Krystal took a deep breth again, this time, I was the one who held her hand tight making her know that I got her back no matter what happens. 

"Daddy, Minhyuk and I are going married" Krystal said and her father seemed to be frozen in place. Going out from the kitchen, I saw Krystal's mom approach us too. 

"Did I heard you right Krystal?" Her mom asked and Krystal nodded. 

"You heard me right mom.." Krystal said and her father shook her head. 

"You aren't ready for this yet Krystal.." 

"I'm old enough dad, and I've been with Minhyuk for long now" Krystal confidently answered as she gave me a glance. I just nodded my head encouraging her more. 

"But marriage isn't just like that.." Her father then opposed again. 

"I love him.." Krystal said just stared at her. 

"That's still not enough.." Her father said and Krystal sighed. 

"Then what do you want dad? Minhyuk and I are old enough to make our own choices, just please support us" Krystal said with her voice getting louder this time and her father firmly shook his head. 

"Don't you remember who he is before? What if he hurts you and leaves you?" He asked and I cannot tak it anymore. I don't want it to be only Krystal fighting for our relationship, I'm the man here and if I have to 'man up' for her I will. 

"Sir isn't it unfair for me? I've changed and I can assure you that I will never ever hurt your daughter, I will never dare to lay a hand on her nor try to break her heart. I hate to do this but let me ask you something, did you even see her cry ever since we got together?" I asked and he didn't say anything. 

I would be lying if I said that Krystal didn't cry but that's not because I've hurted her or her heart, that's because she's happy, the tears she had when we started being together are all because she's happy. I never dared to make her cry nor brim tears just because I've hurted her, I never want to see her be in pain, because her being in pain kills me. 

"Daddy.." 

"Then let me ask you something.." 

Her father's words seemed to be stroner than before, I need to do this. I need to be brave for the both of us. So I nodded my head, even when I'm afraid inside. 

"Are you ready to take the risk when I don't approve this?" He asked and I took a deep breth before nodding my head. 

"I am far more than ready sir if that's what it takes for me to be with her for the rest of my life.." I confidently said and he nodded his head before looking at his daughter now. Smiling weakly, he turned his eyes to me as he sighed finally giving up the fight.

"Then.. I'll give you my blessing. Take care of my daughter" 

Why you gotta be so, rude..

______________________________________________________________________

A/N: I mashed up two songs here if you noticed, I hope it went well >< 

Upnext:  Leo and Krystal pairing then SeStal after that. 

Enjoy reading~