Answers That I Anticipate

Forgotten Memories

 

 

“Will you be my Son Hyorin and marry me?” Shownu smiled tenderly.

 

   “Shownu… I…”

 

   Shownu reached out to take Hyorin’s hand, “What is it, Hyorin?”

 

   “This is too sudden, Shownu. I… I am still Jooyoung oppa’s wife,” Hyorin slowly pulled her hand away from Shownu.

 

   “Hyorin, after all the things he did to you, you still regard yourself as his wife? He has forgotten about you, Hyorin.” Shownu sighed in exasperation.

 

   “I can’t deny that I still love him. I tried to forget him but I can’t. It’s hard, Shownu,” Hyorin gritted her teeth to stop herself from breaking down.

 

  Shownu scooted closer to Hyorin and lifted her chin up as their eyes met, “Do you know how much it hurts me to see you suffer because of him? Do you know that my heart aches whenever you cry for him?”

 

   Tears welled up in Hyorin’s eyes, “Shownu…”

 

   “I’m asking you to give me a chance to love you and to make you happy,” Shownu caressed Hyorin’s cheek tenderly.

 

   Hyorin gently pushed his hand away and avoided his eye contact, “I’m sorry, Shownu.”

 

   Shownu sighed.

 

   “Please give me some time to think about it. I’m not ready yet. I’m sorry,” Hyorin lowered her head.

 

   Shownu raised his hands defensively, “Okay, I respect your decision and I will wait for you, Kim Hyorin. I will wait for you until you accept me.”

 

   Hyorin shook her head slowly.

 

   “I don’t care, Hyorin. This time round, I won’t give up easily. I’ve lost you once and I can’t lose you again,” Shownu said, full of determination.

 

   “Shownu, please… Don’t put me in such difficult situation,” Hyorin pleaded.

 

   Shownu stayed silent and sighed softly. The chilly night air was filled with a deafening and tensed silence as both Shownu and Hyorin sat quietly until they decided to leave the garden.

 

~.~

 

   Multicoloured flashing lights illuminated the dance floor whereby dancing sweaty bodies were pressed and rubbed up against each other. The blaring music that hyped people up made the room shake. Krystal strutted in the club with Jooyoung following close behind. Without hesitation, Krystal approached the bar and ordered vodka.

 

   “Alex oppa, order what you want. It’s on me,” Krystal grinned.

 

   “I’m driving later so I won’t drink,” Jooyoung politely declined.

 

   “Come on, oppa. Don’t be such a party pooper. Just one drink?” Krystal continued to offer.

 

   “I’ll pass. I’ll just get a coke,” Jooyoung said.

 

    Krystal shrugged and ordered a glass of coke for Jooyoung. She then observed the atmosphere in the club and bobbed her head to the music.

 

   “Do you come here often?” Jooyoung had to raise his voice amidst the loud music.

 

   “I usually come here to destress. I will get drunk and dance until there’s no tomorrow,” Krystal fixed her eyes on the dance floor.

 

   “Alone?”

 

   Krystal occasionally glanced at Jooyoung, “No, I come here with my friends and I made new friends here along the way. Oppa, do you want to dance?”

 

   “It’s fine. I can’t dance,” Jooyoung smiled sheepishly.

 

   “You don’t need to know how to dance. Come on, don’t be so tensed. We are here to have fun,” Krystal smiled. At that moment, their drinks arrived. Krystal downed her vodka in one shot which caught Jooyoung off guard. Krystal ordered another glass of vodka.

 

   “Aren’t you drinking too fast?” Jooyoung cautiously asked.

 

   “Shush, oppa. Just let me drink in peace,” Krystal gave a lopsided grin and was served another glass of vodka in which she downed in one shot. Jooyoung took a sip of his coke while watching Krystal.

 

   Krystal started to hiccup and she swayed along to the loud music. “I think we should head home, Krystal.” Jooyoung said when he noticed a group of men checking Krystal out.

 

   Krystal giggled and hiccupped, “The party is about to start, oppa. Let’s just stay here a little longer.”

 

   Jooyoung took another sip and glanced around.

 

   Krystal leaned closer to Jooyoung and whispered, “Oppa…”

 

  Feeling uncomfortable, Jooyoung backed away slightly, “What is it, Krystal?”

 

   “There’s a guy I like very, very much but I’m afraid that he wouldn’t like me back,” Krystal  slurred while looking into Jooyoung’s eyes.

 

   Jooyoung averted his gaze, “Then, you can tell him directly that you like him. Who knows he might actually share the same feelings as you?”

 

   “Should I, oppa?”

 

   “It’s worth a try,” Jooyoung nodded.

 

   “Then, oppa…” Krystal reached for Jooyoung’s hand, “I like you.”

 

   Jooyoung was taken aback by Krystal’s unexpected confession, “What? Krystal, you are drunk.”

 

    “I… Like… You… Alex… Oppa,” Krystal mumbled before slumping forward and passed out. Jooyoung’s quick reflexes caught her.

 

   “Krystal, Krystal!” Jooyoung called out her name and shook her to wake her up. Jooyoung let out a heavy sigh before carrying Krystal on his back. Then, Jooyoung with drunk Krystal on his back, left the club.

 

~.~

 

Author's Note: Sorry everyone for the super late update. *does a 90 degrees bow*