Proposal

Forgotten Memories

 

 

  “What would I do without your smart mouth? Drawing me in and you kicking me out.” Hyorin immediately diverted her attention to the source of the voice.

 

   “You’ve got my head spinning, no kidding, I can’t pin you down.” The voice actually belonged to Shownu. Hyorin blinked in confusion.

 

   “What’s going on in that beautiful mind. I’m on your magical mystery ride.” Shownu slowly approached Hyorin.

 

   “And I’m so dizzy, don’t know what hit me but I’ll be alright.” Shownu stood in front of an astonished Hyorin.

 

   “My head’s under water, but I’m breathing fine. You’re crazy and I’m out of my mind.” Shownu fixed his eyes on Hyorin.

 

   “Shownu…” Hyorin called out.

 

    “‘Cause all of me loves all of you. Love your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections,” Shownu pulled out a bouquet of flowers that he had been hiding behind his back and he gave Hyorin the flowers. Hyorin slowly received them.

 

   “ Give your all to me, I’ll give my all to you. You’re my end and my beginning. Even when I lose I’m winning,” Shownu kneeled down in front of Hyorin.

 

   “Shownu…” Hyorin was flustered by then.

 

   “‘Cause I give you all of me, and you give me all of you, oh oh…” Shownu smiled and reached for Hyorin’s hand.

 

   “What… What is this?” Hyorin laughed awkwardly.

 

   “Kim Hyorin…” Shownu looked at her tenderly.

 

   “What are you doing?” Hyorin turned her head to avert her gaze.

 

   “I’ve been waiting for this moment ever since I met you again last year. I’ve lost you once and I’m not going to lose you again,” Shownu gazed at her.

 

   “Shownu…” Hyorin felt her face as hot as an oven.

   “When we had to part after our high school graduation because I was offered to study in America, my heart broke. I was too shy to let you know how I feel about you. I held it all in until I left Korea because I was afraid that you would not accept it,” Shownu looked away.

 

   “Shownu…”

 

   Shownu continued, “I kept it all in because I want to tell you once I finished my studies in America, once I turned into a better person. Every single day, I thought about you. I want to impress you, Hyorin. I want to show you a better me. I thought I had a chance but then I found that you were married. I was heartbroken,” Shownu smiled sadly.

 

   Hyorin gazed at Shownu softly.

 

   “So, I decided to stay away. I wanted to forget you. I wanted to move on. But, that fateful meeting in the cafe change everything. I was thinking probably I still had a chance to win your heart.”

 

   The air was stilled, as if it was listening to Shownu. “It hurts me everytime to see you suffer. It hurts me because I can’t do anything about it. All I can do is just… Stay by your side, lend you a shoulder to cry on and act like a father to Seojoon. But now, I’m determined to change all that.”

 

   “What do you mean?” Hyorin asked softly.

 

   “I think I’m ready to take one step forward. I want to be more than just your guardian angel. I want to be a part of you. I want to be a real father to Seojoon. I want to build a family with you. So, Kim Hyorin…”

 

   Hyorin’s heart started beating really fast. Shownu fishes out a small ribboned box from his pocket and opens it in front of Hyorin. There was a glistening diamond ring in the box.

 

   “Will you be my Son Hyorin and marry me?” Shownu smiled tenderly.

 

   The adrenaline flooded Hyorin’s system and she thought her heart will explode. Every part of her body was frozen and she could feel the heat on her cheeks.

 

   “Hyorin? Are you okay?” Shownu called out when he realized that Hyorin was frozen.

 

   Hyorin gathered her composure with difficulty and mumbled, “Shownu… I…”

 

   Shownu looked at Hyorin with anticipation, “What is it, Hyorin?”

 

   “I…” Hyorin tried to form her words but her mind was buzzing with thoughts.


To be continued…

 

A/N: I can't wait to share this chapter with all of you keke. And such a coincidence that Shownu performed that in front of Hyorin. Well, coincidence or no hmm? What do you think? Yes or No?