Love Blossoms Part 2

Forgotten Memories

 

Because to me, it’s you

I want you desperately to death

Because it’s only you

Whatever it takes, I need to wait

So will you please take a step closer to me?

 

   Hyorin was immediately rushed to the hospital and brought into the ER. Since Shownu was not allowed to enter the ER, he had to wait outside. The hospital corridor was stuffy and the air had an undertone of bleach. Shownu rubbed his hands together in anxiety and sighed wistfully.

 

   Moments later, a doctor walked out of the ER and Shownu scrambled towards him.

 

   “Are you Kim Hyorin-sshi’s husband?” The doctor asked.

 

   Shownu shook his head, “No, I’m a friend of hers. I’m the one who brought her here. How is she, doctor? What happened?”

 

   “Don’t worry, Kim Hyorin-sshi and her baby are fine. We believe that Kim Hyorin-sshi is under a lot of pressure hence it affects her pregnancy. Thankfully, she doesn’t suffer miscarriage,” the doctor explained.

 

   Shownu could only manage a nod as he was trying to digest the situation and the doctor’s explanation.

 

   “ Kim Hyorin-sshi has to take extra care from now on or she might suffer miscarriage in the future,” the doctor continued.

 

   “Can I see her now?”

 

~.~

 

   Shownu sat himself on the chair next to Hyorin’s bed and stared dejectedly at Hyorin who was in a deep slumber. He wanted to reach out for Hyorin’s hand which was attached to an IV but he abstained himself.

 

   No Shownu, you can’t. She’s married and she’s having someone else’s baby. You can’t hold on to her like how you used to.

 

~Flashback~

 

   He stretched out his hands to her and he intertwined his fingers with hers.

 

   “What?” An 18-year-old Hyorin gave a short chuckle and stared at their hands.

 

   “Why? Can’t I hold my girlfriend’s hand?” 18-year-old Shownu grinned cheekily.

 

   Hyorin cackled, “Since when am I your girlfriend?”

 

   “Since forever,” Shownu winked.

 

   “Oh shut up,” Hyorin pushed Shownu slightly and laughed.

 

~.~

 

   A soft groan snapped Shownu from his reverie. Shownu shifted his attention to Hyorin who was slowly regaining conscious. Hyorin opened her eyes and scanned the white room. Her eyes then caught Shownu who was gazing at her.

 

   “Hyunwoo?” Hyorin croaked.

 

   “Are you feeling better?” Shownu asked.

 

   “What happened?”

 

   “You fainted earlier and you were bleeding.”

 

   Hyorin clasped a hand over and her lips trembled, “How… How’s my baby?”

 

   Shownu softly smiled, “Your baby is fine, don’t worry.”

 

   Hyorin heaved a sigh of relief. Where’s your husband? Where is he when you needed him the most? Shownu wanted to ask but he decided not to after seeing Hyorin’s condition.

 

   “Thank you for helping me earlier,” Hyorin flashed a grateful smile.

 

   Shownu nodded. Soon after, Hyorin’s mother barged in the hospital room. Shownu immediately stood at the side, giving way for Hyorin’s mother.

 

   “Kim Hyorin!” Hyorin’s mother exclaimed and immediately hugged Hyorin tightly, “Thank god you are alright. You make me so worried.”

 

   “I’m sorry, umma,” Hyorin mumbled in her mother’s embrace. Shownu glanced at the door, expecting the lucky man who stole Hyorin’s heart to appear.

 

   “I told you not to stress yourself too much. Look what happened now? You are lucky that your pregnancy is fine,” Hyorin’s mother nagged. Hyorin muttered an apology once again.

 

   “Umma, is there any news about Jooyoung oppa?” Hyorin asked.

 

   “This kid… Here we are worrying about your health and you are still concerned about that husband of yours. Worry about your pregnancy first.”

 

   Shownu balled his hand into a tight fist. Now he understood why Hyorin was under a lot of pressure. It was all because of her husband. Somehow, a hot anger surged up Shownu’s heart thinking about that.

 

   Realizing Shownu was still in the room, Hyorin decided to introduce him to her mother. “Umma, this is Hyunwoo, I mean… Shownu. He’s my high school friend and he’s the one who saved me just now.”

 

   Hyorin’s mother drifted her attention to Shownu who began to relax a little, “Shownu? Thank you for helping my daughter. Without your help, I don’t know if I can still see my daughter here.”

 

   “Don’t mention it, ahjumma,” Shownu bowed slightly.

 

~.~

 

   Hyorin struggled to reach out for a glass of water. Shownu spontaneously handed her the glass of water and Hyorin mouthed a thank you. Shownu continued to gaze at Hyorin.

 

   Hyorin, realizing that she was being watched, cleared to avoid any awkward situation, “Why are you looking at me like that?”

 

   “I realize you have not changed for the past 6 years,” Shownu fixed his eyes on Hyorin.

 

   “What do you mean?” Hyorin looked away, flustered.

 

   “You still look the same to me.”

 

   Hyorin chuckled and an awkward silence filled the hospital room. Then, Hyorin broke the silence. “You must have thought how irresponsible my husband is.”

 

   Shownu blinked in surprise. Hyorin decided to tell Shownu what happened to her husband to clear any doubts about her husband’s absence. Shownu finally understood the situation but he could not push away the feelings he currently had.

 

   “I’ll take care of you,” Shownu blurted out.

 

   “What?”

 

   “I mean, I’ll take care of you until your husband returns. Because I’m your friend and this is to compensate the last 6 years that I’ve been missing.”


   “Thank you, Shownu,” Hyorin flashed a radiant smile which made Shownu’s heart skipped a beat. That smile of hers was enough to rekindle the feelings he had for her that he kept buried for six long years.