Falling For You

Forgotten Memories

 

Butterfly, bring us away

To the moment I first saw him, to the place our eyes first met

I fell in love with you at that moment, gonna tell you that, Butterfly

 

   Krystal unlocked her apartment door and helped the limping Jooyoung to enter the posh Soho apartment. Jooyoung scanned the interior of the modern apartment. It was his first time there.

 

   The house was long and narrow; it was two stories high. The crystal-clear floor-to-ceiling windows gave the view of Seoul’s night skyline. Photographs of models were arranged along the corridor. The floor was polished, the walls white and the furniture seemed like it was from a high-end designer. The space was uncomfortably large.

 

   Krystal brought Jooyoung to the long leather sofa in the middle of the living room. Jooyoung lied down on the sofa and Krystal helped to adjust his position.

 

   “I’ll get the first aid kit,” Krystal wept the sweat on her forehead and rushed to the kitchen to search for the first aid kit.

 

   Jooyoung could only manage a nod and closed his eyes. Krystal returned to his side a few minutes later.

 

   “Here it is. Thankfully I kept it in here,” Krystal gave a light chuckle and rummaged through the first aid kit to find the medicated ointment.

 

   Krystal poured some ointment on a cotton wool and warned, “This is going to hurt a little okay? Just… Hang in there.”

 

   Jooyoung nodded. Krystal gently dabbed the cotton wool on Jooyoung’s bruised cheek which caused Jooyoung to wince.

 

   “What have they done to you?” Krystal furrowed her eyebrows while her hands were busy dabbing the cotton wool on Jooyoung’s bruises. She then moved on to the bruise beside Jooyoung’s lips and she stopped. She fixed her eyes on Jooyoung’s lustrous lips.

 

   Jooyoung who realized that Krystal had stopped, called out in confusion, “Krystal?”

 

   As if Krystal was being bewitched by a love spell, she bent over and gently placed her lips on Jooyoung’s. Krystal saw the shock registered on Jooyoung’s face and slowly pulled away. A small sheepish smile played on her lips. Jooyoung was still frozen, trying to grasp the situation.

 

   Krystal rubbed her nape and her cheeks were beet red, “I’m sorry.”

 

   Jooyoung was snapped out of his reverie and immediately sprung up, “It’s getting late. I think you’d better rest.”

 

   Krystal cleared and tried to make herself busy by clearing the first aid kit. With her head facing down, she immediately picked up the first aid kit and left Jooyoung alone at the living room. After she stored the first aid kit in the kitchen cabinet, she darted to her bedroom which left Jooyoung dumbfounded.

 

   Once Krystal safely entered her bedroom, she immediately locked the bedroom door and plunged on her soft queen-sized bed. She pressed her face on her cool, velvet pillows and let out a scream. What did you just do, Krystal? What would Alex oppa think of you now? How could you be so stupid and do such things?

 

   Jooyoung, on the other hand, was staring intently at the ceiling. He could not get a wink of sleep. This is all wrong, why do I feel uncomfortable about this? Why do I feel like I’ve betrayed someone yet I don’t even have a clue?

 

   At that moment, Jooyoung’s phone began to ring. He lazily picked up the call.

 

   “Alex?” A low, gruff voice could be heard from the other line.

 

   “Oh… Sajangnim.” Jooyoung was surprised to receive a phone call from John late at night.

 

   “I heard about what happened earlier,” John said.

 

   “How did you know?” Jooyoung’s heart was beating fast.

 

   “Someone told me about it. Why didn’t you inform me about the two men?”

 

   “I didn’t want to worry you, sajangnim. And Krystal is fine.”

 

   “Korea is dangerous for her. I want the both of you to come back to Siem Reap. At least, there are more security guards here.”

 

   Jooyoung took a deep breath, “Sajangnim, I’m sorry about what happened earlier. I will make sure that this will not happen again. I will take extra precaution and protect her. I don’t think Krystal would want to return there. She loves it here and all her friends are here, I’m sure she would not want to leave.”

 

   “I would not compromise my daughter’s safety. This is my order. I’ve booked the earliest flight next week for the both of you.”

 

   Jooyoung sighed wistfully.

 

   “Don’t you dare disobey my orders, Alex. Remember who helped you before and why you are here. Bring her back to Siem Reap next week,” John immediately hung up.

 

   Jooyoung sighed again and hurled his phone on the sofa.

 

   A week is not enough to find that girl with the husky voice again. She probably has the answers to all the questions that have been playing in my mind for the past year.


I have to see her again.