Chapter 76

My Love from another Planet

Breakfast was an interesting event that morning.

Primarily because of the number of couples sitting around, most of them doting on each other.

There was Suho and Angel, even more sickeningly lovey dovey than usual and the ring on her finger, matching with the one Suho was sporting, gave an answer to their over-the-top affection.

Then there was Luhan and Mei. Sehun watched with disgust as Mei, propped in Luhan's lap and not getting out of there any time soon if his grip was anything to go by, opened , scrunching her nose cutely and Luhan fed her a spoonful of cereal, smiling fondly and kissing the corner of to wipe the little bit that escaped. They held each other's eyes in the most intimately disgusting fashion and it was enough to induce a bout of puking, so Sehun looked away, shuddering.

His eyes landed on the third couple, Kyra and D.O. Unlike Luhan, D.O hadn't put her in his lap but he was also doing pretty much the same thing, feeding her himself and staring at her intensely while she swallowed. Probably unnerving the hell out of the girl too, given by the number of times she looked up, met his eyes and looked back down in her lap, ears burning.

He'd honestly expected Luhan and D.O to have more dignity but apparently, he was wrong. Now, as with Suho, he'd have to draw the line if they started acting this cheesy outside the walls of this mansion or he, Sehun, would run away and refuse to acknowledge any of them.

He turned his head, skipping over Xiumin and Lily who, despite their questionable activites last night, were acting most normally – passing toast, not grossly engrossed in each other but casually, comfortably attentive – and landed on an unexpected pair.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun were either making fun of Suho, Luhan and D.O or they'd finally decided to settle with each other since they weren't finding anyone else. But Chanyeol had Baekhyun almost in his lap and was cooing nonsense as he tried and failed to feed a hyperactive Baekhyun who was busy with whatever game he was playing on his cellphone.   

Tao and Raina, sitting beside them, were… well, both of them looked like someone had wrapped them up in a sack and beat them up like piñata. Tao's eyes were bloodshot, hair standing on end and he was determinedly ignoring the girl beside him; Raina, meanwhile, was engaging Kai in conversation with such psychotic intensity, it was painful to watch.

Only he was the one with any sanity left in this room full of idiots; even Tiffany was sighing at the 'cuteness' of it all and he gave her a warning glare. If she expected this kind of treatment, she'd better change her mind quickly.

'You're no fun.' She huffed, picking up her own spoon and eyeing it dejectedly. 'Bet Kai would've… ya!'

He'd snatched the spoon away and was glaring at her. 'Take that back.'

She stuck her tongue out. 'Won't. He really would have…mmf!'

He a spoonful in to stop her complaints and threw a tissue at her so she could wipe it clean when he pulled it back. She glared at him, he glared right back at her and who knew how much longer they would've stayed in the staring match if the groan hadn't made them look away.

Second reason for the breakfast being so interesting – they were inside Chen's room, dubbed as the 'medical center' because everyone sick was brought here. Luhan had been feeling terrible about Lay's condition, seeing the black spots marking his usually snow white skin; Baekhyun had straight up refused to move until he was sure his Shadow was waking up and naturally, Chanyeol was sticking close. D.O wouldn't let them move Kyra, even though she insisted she was fine and eventually, Suho just told them to bring their breakfast here since they all needed to talk anyway.

So here they were, having breakfast when the groan attracted them and Lay slowly opened his eyes, pupils so red it was like blood pouring out.

Lily blinked, dropping her toast and then glanced at Xiumin for explanation. He just gave her a look, telling her to be patient while Suho, leaving Angel, went over to check the Legend. He touched his forehead, taking the temperature.

'How do you feel?' He asked Lay, pulling out gloves from the side table drawer and snapping them on so he could proceed with the physical.

The rest gathered around, blocking the view because those dark spots were not an easy sight, covering his chest and neck, seeming larger than before. Suho's eyes furrowed as worry clouded them. This was not good, he should be healing, not getting worse.

'Lay…' he called the Legend who was staring up at the ceiling unseeingly, his pupils still red as blood as he breathed shallowly. Baekhyun bit his lip, his stare intense enough to burn holes in the black spots as if trying to will them away.

When Suho pressed tenderly against one of the black spots, a large one centered right over his heart, it burst with a sickening squelch. Suho's eyes widened, panic evident in them.

'Take them all outside, Chen as well. Hurry!'

Everyone sprung into action, ushering the girls outside immediately and Chanyeol pushed Chen's bed out, dragging the machines along with him. Only Baekhyun remained where he was, repulsed and entranced by the gooey fluid that was slowly oozing out of his Shadow's skin, rippling like it was alive.

'Put this on.' He blinked, looking up to find a face mask in his face. Suho had donned one himself and had added another pair of gloves over the previous ones. He threw a pair at Baekhyun as well. 'Help me if you're staying.'

Nodding, Baekhyun quickly put the gloves on and tied the mask behind his head, moving to stand in front of Suho as he examined the infected area critically. He shuddered a little when Suho lowered his hand, right into the goo, swirling it around, exploring inside. 'Get me something I can put this into.' He ordered, concentrating on the task.

Baekhyun hurried away, quickly gathering one of the numerous trays that were kept in the cabinet in one corner of the room. Suho, in the meantime, had managed to bury almost all his hand inside Lay's chest and the sight was enough to send phantoms pains – in addition to the ones he'd been experiencing all night – through his own.

A huge clot landed in the tray, splattering black stuff on Baekhyun's shirt. He ignored it, eyes snagged by the repulsive squirming that made it look alive. 'It's moving…' he muttered.

Suho shifted, leaning down to examine it closely and poked a finger at it. 'Nah, it's harmless.'

'You sure?' It seemed kinda icky to Baekhyun – and icky equaled dangerous, especially when coupled with Evil and Abyss.

'Yeah, it's sort of a tumor. They grow if given life energy, which is why I'm taking it out.'

'Tumor?' Baekhyun looked at Suho, who was biting his lips as he thought.

'Did he heal Kyra by any chance?' He asked finally.

Baekhyun nodded. 'She had a vision, right before we got Luhan's message. Her head was aching pretty badly and she'd all but collapsed, so Lay healed her.'

Suho heaved a heavy sigh, moving and burying his hand back into his chest again. 'Figures. When will he understand he's not invulnerable?'

'What do you mean?' Baekhyun decided now was not the time to let his loathing for getting his hands dirty to get in the way, not when his Shadow needed help. 'Should I start with the other spots?'

Suho glanced up and down Lay's body. 'Probe them gently… if it feels hard, like this…' he pointed at the squirming clot in the tray, 'puncture his skin and take it out. It'll separate easily enough but don't yank on it or it'll burst and spread the infection even more.'

Baekhyun hadn't been expecting so many instructions and his intention had been exactly to yank the things out. And he was supposed to actually touch that thing? Well crap.

Shuddering, he poked it with his finger, hurriedly pulling it back. Okay, he'd gotten the feel so let's get to work.

Sadly, burying his hand into a living body was uncomfortable, to say the least. Add the fact that said body belonged to his Shadow. Also add that Suho hadn't exactly done anything to knock said Shadow out, so his eyes were still open and staring unblinkingly at the ceiling.

He was more than grossed out, he was plain freaked by the whole thing but sometimes a Legend's gotta do what a Legend's gotta do.

He followed Suho's instructions word for word, taking care to probe gently and only pierce the skin when he felt a tumor underneath the skin, twirling his fingers around it and gently pulling it out. The tray was getting filled up rather quickly as Suho moved his hands with practiced ease and Baekhyun did his best to keep pace with him, mind on the task and still paying attention to what Suho was saying.

'She had a tumor before, right? It's what started her disease… and Lay, from what he's told me, seems to take the disease inside of himself, in exchange of the life energy he channels. So technically, he took her tumor inside of himself when he healed her… and then he took Mei's infection as well and it seems to have mutated…'

Baekhyun's head was whirling at the explanation. Suho continued, thinking aloud. 'But it still shouldn't spread so quickly… unless his natural immunity isn't working at all…'

'It probably isn't.' Baekhyun added his two-bits, thinking along the same lines. 'His reserve of energy was getting low ever since he'd healed Evil back in Exo planet… the darkness wasn't going away from inside him and he wouldn't take the energy I lent.'

'Stubborn.' Suho muttered, backing up to see how much more remained to be done. A lot, going by the number of spots coating his body. 'Ya, make sure you get all of it. Don't stop until you see blood.'

Baekhyun nodded, continuing with his line of thought. 'And then, he used it all up when Evil showed up again – plus he took in more darkness. His powers get absorbed in it and don't make out – that's why he couldn't heal… and the darkness is affecting his body as well, so he's weakened…' He pulled a clot out, throwing it down angrily. ', this is bad.'

Then he glanced down and yelped, eyeing the blood that was rapidly pooling out of the cut he'd made. 'What now???' he asked, panicking.

'Stem the flow, I'll call Tao.' Suho stalked off, taking care to wipe the goo so it wouldn't splatter on the floor before opening the door. A crowd fell inside, the Legends obviously leaning against the door to listen in on them. Suho ignored the rest, nudging Tao up. 'Freeze him.'

Nodding, Tao stepped inside but Suho didn't let him come any nearer.

'I'm not really sure if it's contagious… if we become carriers, we can put the girls in danger.'

Nodding at him to don gloves and face mask, Suho returned to his position as Tao raised his fingers to stop time. The blood froze in its place as Baekhyun removed the bandages.

Suho had changed gloves and was now holding up sewing equipment. 'Take care of the rest, I'll stitch him up, then help you.'

He stitched the skin neatly together, breaking the string off at the end and tying a small knot to keep it in place, then waiting until Baekhyun had cleaned the other area. They worked in cooridination, Baekhyun dealing with the infectious parts and Suho sewing him up until the last clot was removed.

There was a crick in Baekhyun's neck from keeping it bent like that for so long and Tao had long collapsed on the floor, pale and sweating profusely as he tried to keep his fluctuating powers in control long enough for them to finish up. Suho straightened, snipping off the final thread and tying it before stepping back and rotating his neck around to get it unfrozen before straightening to look at his handiwork.

Lay looked like a ragdoll, covered in stitches all over his pale body as if to hold him together, after removing so much of the darkness from inside him. The blood red of his eyes had yet to fade but it was significantly lighter now.

'Just one more minute,' Suho told Tao, picking up a syringe and loading it with a heavy tranquilizer. After going through all this, Lay did not need to wake up. Finding a vein, he steadily pressed on the plunger until the syringe was empty and he threw it away after breaking the pin. 'Done.'

Tao looked like he'd pass out of exhaustion as he finally let go of his stringent hold on the time, unfreezing the Legend. Lay's eyes slid close almost immediately and there was a significant ease in his breathing that made Baekhyun feel better. He sent a bolt of energy via his link, glad to find no resistance as his Shadow accepted his light.

Suho had taken care to wrap the tray up, then went around the entire room, wiping off any and all splatters of the goo and throwing the paper napkins in with the tray. Then he spied the splatters on his and Baekhyun's shirts and gestured that he take it off as well. Stripping down to their underwears, they threw in their clothes as well and Suho put it all in a bin which he would burn later.

Helping Tao stand up, he sent the cub outside to get them some clothes so they could step outside and Baekhyun went into the adjoining toilet because there was no way he was stepping into any clothes without washing himself up first.

By the time they were finished with everything, heading out into the living room, it was late afternoon and the tension in the rest of the Legends was so high, it was tangible.

'He's okay now.'

An audible sigh of relief went through the group and Suho slumped facedown into the sofa, back and neck aching. Angel's soft fingers burying in his flesh to work the kinks away felt like heaven and he wanted nothing more than to fall asleep right there.

But so much more remained to be done. After all, he'd requested the girls' presence for a reason and there was no reason to stall. So, despite his body's protests, he sat up and pulled Angel beside him, calling for the rest to gather around.

Once everyone had gathered, he began talking. Starting from the beginning of the entire thing, he went over their powers, the Shadow thingie, the prophecy, their arrival on Earth and Evil's return and the whole mating thing, holding Angel's hand to draw comfort because he wasn't sure if this was the right time to do this but they didn't have any choice.

'We're the last of our kind.' He wound his speech, voice hoarse from speaking so long. 'And coming here, finding you, our mates… it's nothing short of a miracle.' He smiled at Angel, catching her eyes, 'and for us, there is nothing more important than keeping you safe…' he was talking to her now, but it held true for everyone. 'It’s a huge deal and maybe too much to take in all at once but given the present circumstances, his attacks on Angel, Tiffany and Mei… I hope you'll understand.'

The group was somber when he quieted, silence laying heavy on them as the girls' – those who'd been completely unaware and even those who'd known some of the stuff – processed everything he'd said. He hadn't held anything back, particularly the mates and their role in the entire prophecy, in ending Evil so they'd recognize the extent of danger they were in and hopefully cooperate with them.

'Any questions?' He offered, hoping no one did because his throat was beginning to hurt.

Slowly, Mei raised her hand. 'Yes, Mei?'

'What's Kai's power?'

Kai turned to glare at her, a 'no fair' written all over his face as the rest burst into laughter. Suho blinked at her, 'He can teleport… why?'

'Aha!' She pucnched in the air before straigtening, 'I mean, thank you.'

He nodded. 'Anything else?'

Raina's hand went up. 'Yes?'

'Is Tao… mated?' She asked, eyeing the cub apprehensively. Suho shook his head, 'Not as far as I know.'

She slumped before raising her hand again, 'What does it mean if time slows down everytime I-er, someone looks at him? Or quickens so it feels like its flying by? And it doesn't happen with anyone else?'

Suho blinked again, rapidly glancing between the girl and the cub. 'Is… that happening with you?'

She nodded. 'For some time now.'

Suho rubbed a hand over his face. 'I can't be sure…'

'And his eyes turned red last night. Sehun thought it was a big deal.'

Suho glared at the cub who ducked his head sheepishly.

'You should've told me sooner.' Suho reprimanded him. 'What if he wasn't able to help with Lay? If his powers lagged and we kept on believing he was holding him in stasis? Hmm?'

Sehun pouted, not liking that train of thought. 'He would've bled out.' He mumbled.

'Exactly.' Shaking his head, Suho turned to reprimand Tao – he should've warned him so Suho could have some fallback plans in place – but Raina's voice stalled him.

'What does this mean?' She sounded a bit hysterical.

Suho took a deep breath, letting it out slowly before turning around to look her in the eye, 'It means he's going through the fever and you are his trigger.'

………………………….

A/N

So... as you can see, I am still not over my doctor Suho feels :3 and Baekkie makes the best wingman ever, so he's still here <3 don't worry though, he'll get his screen time. I'm sorry for my baby Lay but I had to do this, please forgive me T_T 

as for Tao... yes, Raina is his mate and I will provide and explanation about the confusion between Lay and Raina - she was a difficult girl to ship and it took me quite sometime to figure out what to do with her - and despite my efforts to put her with my bias, I just couldn't feel the chemistry between them; everything felt too one-sided and well... 

anyway, do comment and tell me what you guys think of the new developments 

later 

xoxo