Chapter 65

My Love from another Planet

 'You sure you'll be alright?' Xiumin eyed the two girls apprehensively. He didn't doubt their efficiency or hard work but Raina was too accident-prone and Tiffany… well, she'd been acting a bit weirdly, though it could be because Sehun had been smirking at her for the past hour now.

The cub's smirk was enough to offend anyone – even perfect strangers who'd never had anything to do with him – so, it wasn't really surprising that Tiffany was getting increasingly waspish.

But he couldn't just leave Lily on her own like that when, as she'd so elegantly implied, it was his fault she couldn't walk. He grinned a little as Raina sidled up to him, holding two to-go cups of coffee and lunch-box they'd ordered.

'Here you go and stop worrying, we'll handle it just fine. Besides, there aren't a lot of customers today, so you can relax. Tell Lily to rest, okay?' Giving him a wink, she pranced away.

He supposed it was alright. Nodding his head, he told them to call if they needed any help, then headed out. Raina watched him leave, then turned back to the shop.

She had been serious when she'd said there weren't many customers today – most of them were probably still nursing the after-effects of the wild party last night. They'd opened up pretty late as well, even now feeling a little sluggish because of the lack of sleep, so it wasn't really that surprising.

'Hey, you think you can take this to him?' Tiffany slipped next to her, handing her a cup.

Raina shook her head. 'Nope, he's all yours!'

'Raina!' Tiffany whined as she walked away. 'I thought we were friends!'

'We are!' she called over her shoulder, throwing her a smile, 'That's why I'm leaving!'

'Argh!' Tiffany stamped her foot, then glanced at Sehun. He gave her another knowing smirk that made her shudder.

Why was he grinning like that? Had she done something? What had she done?? Thinking about it was beginning to give her a stomachache, so she thumped the cup in front of him, then hurried to the counter and sank on the floor, hiding and trying to remember the blurry details of the night before.

All she remembered was… kissing him. It was, like their previous accidental kiss, etched in complete detail on her memory and quite honestly, something she'd gone over again and again in her mind, despite her wish not to.

She wasn't to blame either; how could you not live through a kiss that made you feel like you were walking on the stars? Her head still felt dizzy when she thought about it, made heat rise to her cheeks because it had been just that good.

It terrified her. She wasn't ready for this, wasn't ready for any kind of relationship with anyone, not so soon after Kai – she couldn't take it. She didn't want to like anyone but of course, her mind said one thing and her heart another.

He'd been there for her when she'd broken up with Kai, had held her when she'd cried, had been around every moment she needed him, knowingly or unknowingly. It would've been surprising if she didn't like him – probably explained why she'd felt so panicked when Raina had declared he was gay.

Of course, she'd immediately tried to convince herself that she didn’t care, that it was better this way; that she didn't have to worry about getting involved with him but of course she cared. Maybe that's why she'd pushed him to the point where he'd been forced to retaliate like he had.

She dragged her fingers through her hair, sighing, feeling suddenly tired. Why? She was tired of resisting, of being on her guard all the damn time. Why couldn’t she just fall in love for once without any fear?

You want to do to him what Kai did to you? Her mind asked her. She sighed again, shaking her head. Of course not, she didn't want that – she couldn't wish that kind of hurt on anyone, let alone someone as nice as Sehun. If that meant she had to push him away…

But he made it hard, so hard.

The tissue paper that landed on her head made her look up, into his smiling eyes as he leaned over the counter to peek down at her.

'Your liner's spreading.' He told her, that teasing tone going straight to her heart. She blinked, realizing tears had slipped out of her eyes. Hurriedly straightening, she took the napkin to wipe her face, then stood up, nearly hitting his head in the process.

'Ya, be careful!' He grabbed her arms to straighten her; she stared at his face when he let go, deciding, in that moment, what she had to do.

'Stop doing that.'

He blinked at her in surprise, at the cold tone she was using. 'What?'

'Stop being nice to me.' She told him, trying to keep her emotions in check, 'Stop trying to help me, stop making it hard for me… just stop, please.'

He stared at her for a moment before straightening, using his height to look down at her. A frown appeared over his forehead, making him look mightily pissed off. Good, maybe if she pissed him off enough, he'd back off…

'Why?'

It was her turn to blink. 'What d'you mean, why?' she snapped, irritated. Couldn’t he see how hard it was for her?

'That's exactly what I mean, why? Why should I, huh?' He snapped back, looking more peeved.

'Because!' She exclaimed, feeling the urge to smack his head. Did he want to get hurt?

'Ha, what kind of reason is that?' He smacked his hand on the table in front of her. 'I'll do what I want.'

'Do you want to get hurt?' She smacked her hand right beside his, leaning forward and jutting her chin out. 'What the hell is wrong with you?'

'With me?' He sputtered, narrowing his eyes, 'What the hell is wrong with you? Telling a nice guy to stop being nice? That's like telling a baby to stop being cute!'

'Pfft, you and a baby have nothing in common,' She told him, 'except brattiness!'

'I'm cute!' he snapped, offended. She stared at him, unsure how her sentimental avowal to push him away had turned into a fight over cuteness. But of course, she couldn't back out. 'I'm cuter!'

'As if! You use makeup, I'm all natural!'

'Ya, I'm natural too!' It was her turn to be offended. Her beauty came naturally and she'd challenge anyone who doubted that.

'Of course.' He made a face and turned away. She grabbed the back of his neck, using the counter to put herself at face level with him. 'What's that supposed to mean?'

He gave her a superior look. 'Nothing. I just acknowledged your claim,' he used two fingers to make quote marks in the air. Annoyed, she smacked his shoulder.

He narrowed his eyes, then yanked a strand of her hair forcefully. Yelping, she kicked her leg out and landed it straight on his stomach. Good.

'!!' he gasped, bending over to catch his breath.

'You,' she told him, trying not to let his proximity affect her, 'are not a nice guy.'

He yanked her wrist, forcing her to stay in place. 'Take that back.'

'I won't!' She hissed, struggling to free herself.

'Take it back or I'll tell everyone what you did last night!'

His whispered threat stilled her, cold fear suddenly dousing her. Oh lord, something had happened, hadn't it? What? What had she done???

'Ha… as if…' she tried to bluff, act like she didn't care but he knew he had her under his thumb. 'I mean it. I'll tell Mei and Kai and…

'Okay, okay, alright. You're a nice ing guy!' She eyed him angrily. 'There, I said it. Now let me go.'

He glared at her. 'Just remember, if you try anything like this again… your secret's out!'

'That's blackmail!' she sputtered, outraged.

'No , Sherlock.' He smirked. 'You're going to do what I tell you to, or…'

'What the hell, you're increasing your demands now! No fair!'

He gave her a cute pout. 'Everything's fair in love and war.'

'Oh, this is war…' she told him, giving him an evil eye. He gave her a sweet smile. 'Sure it is. Now… why don't you join me for a drink?'

'Like hell I will!' she snapped.

He backed off, shrugging. 'Your choice. I'll just call Mei and…'

'NO!' Her exclamation rang around the shop and she realized, with increasing mortification, that everyone had been focused on their escalating argument.

'I mean…' she cleared , trying to act like everything was cool, 'Of course I'd join you… just let me get my coffee.'

Nodding his head, he headed back to his seat. 'Don't take too long.'

'Right.' Nodding her head, she climbed back behind the counter and started making coffee like it was the most involving task she'd ever had.

…………………………

Sehun had decided he'd had enough of Tiffany playing around with him, enough of her pushing him away and punishing him for her insecurities. She was his mate and it was about damn time she accepted it.

Besides, with Evil's attack on Angel, it had become even more imperative because it'd make it easier for him to protect her and he wouldn’t have to worry about his powers in front of her.

So, he'd devised a plan. It was a bit… cruel, perhaps, using her fear against her but he'd had enough. He knew, since he could listen in on her thoughts, that she was worried about what had happened last night. Which was nothing more substantial than a kiss.

A very good kiss, if he did say so himself. He'd kissed her, yes, and hadn't held back and she'd responded, literally exploded in his arms. What had started as a retaliation had turned into a sensual exploration, his anger transforming into passion and her reaction…

He couldn't keep the smirk off his face, feeling unnecessarily proud for eliciting that kind of response from her. Oh yes, he was an amazing kisser and she couldn't deny it.

So what if his methods were less than honest? He had no problems with that if it got her to stop running away. He gave her a sweet smile when she glared at him over her shoulder and raised his cup to toast her. 'Hurry.' He mouthed.

She narrowed her eyes, then turned quickly, pouring coffee for herself.

Raina, who'd been eyeing him for some time now, slipped in front of him. 'What're you doing?'

'Hmm?' He looked at her in surprise – she didn't talk to him all that much and he had a feeling she didn't like him, so this was unexpected. 'What?'

'Are you trying to play with her? With him? What's you deal, huh?' She leaned over the table aggressively, 'Back off now or I'll make you suffer.'

He blinked, a little creeped out. Why was she threatening him out of the blue? And who the hell was this 'him' she was talking about?

'What are you trying to say?' He asked slowly.

'I'm saying if you're going to play with her and just leave with him or do it the other way around… I won't let you!' She smacked a hand on the table in front of him. 'They're both my friends and I won't let a playboy break their hearts!'

'I gather you're talking about Tiffany but who's…'

'You're going to pretend you don't know?' She narrowed her eyes.

'I'm not going to pretend anything. I really don’t know.'

'I'm talking about you and Lay.' She crossed her arms, looking annoyed as hell. 'Shame on you for using such a nice guy and then…'

He sputtered on the sip of coffee he'd taken. Wiping him mouth, he glared at her. 'You're the one who put that stupid idea in her head?' he demanded.

'What stupid idea?'

'That I'm gay with Lay?'

'Well, you're obviously bi, so I'm sorry about that but really…'

'Why are you so hellbent of proving that I like guys?'

She blinked at his irritated tone. 'Don't you?'

'No. I like girls. Girl, in fact. Tiffany. Can you leave now? She's coming over.'

'Wait, so you're not dating Lay?' She looked hopeful, extremely so.

'No.' He spoke slowly, in case she was retarded and hadn't gotten it the first time. 'I'm. Not. Dating. Lay. I'm not into guys, never have been. And I only like Tiffany. There, is that all clear?'

'Crystal.' She nodded, before narrowing her eyes suspiciously. 'But why'd you kiss him then?'

'What the hell? It was an accident, a stupid ing accident. Geez.' He glared at her. 'Get off my case now!'

'Cool.' She gave him a sweet smile. 'One last thing, Tao's not into him either, is he?'

'No, he only has hots for Kris. Or me, but I'm taken.' He tilted his head. 'Anything else?'

'Nope. Enjoy your coffee and have fun but if you make her cry, I'll break your legs. Bye!'  

She left him sputtering at her stupid threat. Break his legs indeed, pfft. But he didn't have much time to contemplate about it because Tiffany showed up just then, holding her cup and eyeing him suspiciously. He gave her his most charming smile. 'I've been waiting for you.'

'Barf.' She pretend puked as she settled in the seat in front of him before glancing around. 'What were you guys talking about?' She asked curiously.

'She wanted to know what I was hiding.' He smiled when she choked on the sip. 'I told her to mind her own business; that it was between you and me.'

'No.'

'Yes.' He nodded, thoroughly enjoying his blackmailer's power. Tiffany looked completely intimidated. He wondered how long he could use this threat… she'd figure out his trick sooner rather than later because really, they'd just slept the entire night and the wildest thing they'd done was snuggle a little, only because the thunder had scared her and he'd pulled her into his chest so she wouldn't hear it. That was it. So, he had to make the most of his power while he had it.

'What do you want?' She demanded.

'A date.'

She coughed, spilling coffee all over herself. He threw a napkin at her, waiting patiently as she cleaned herself. She sat up straighter. 'What did you say?'

'I said, a date. You and me.'

'No.' she shook her head vehemently.

'I thought you'd say that.' He took out his cellphone, deliberately turning the screen so she could see everything and slowly browsed through his contacts to stop at Mei. 'I guess I'll just tell…'

'NO!' She stopped him but he'd pressed the call button. 'Oops.' He gave her a sweet smile. 'My bad.'

The bell rang once, twice as he held her eyes, smiling and hoping she'd take the bait. She and Mei were best friends and Mei's opinion meant a lot to her. And with her history, she was always being judged for her reckless behavior and Mei was the only person whose respect she craved and she feared her actions last night would make her lose that.

He supposed he should feel a little guilty for exploiting her so blatantly but she'd pushed him to this point so she could suffer a little. Just then Mei answered the call. 'Hello, Sehun.'

'Hiya Mei, watcha doin'?' He winked at Tiffany across the table, thoroughly enjoying the various emotions that passed over her face, predominantly annoyed. Ooh, he liked pressing her buttons and riling her up. Her cheeks were turning rather prettily pink as she flushed but she smacked her hand on the table and ground out, 'Fine. One date. No more.'

'One date with a redo if I'm not satisfied.'

'What?' Mei sounded surprised.

'Nothing, I was saying there's the option to redo our assignment if the teacher's not satisfied, right?'

Tiffany pursed her lips but nodded. 'Okay.'

'Well, I'll talk to you later then.' He shut the phone while Mei sputtered that she hadn't known there was any assignment due. 'That wasn’t so hard, now was it?'

She slammed the cup in front of him. 'Don't push you luck, bucko!'

'Alright, chill will you?' He raised his cup at her. 'This kind of behavior will count as unsatisfactory, just so you're clear.'

She narrowed her eyes. 'Why?'

'Why what?'

'Why do you want to date me?'

'Because I want to see how wasps…ow! Let go!' he whined as she twisted his ear. 'Answer me!'

'Because I like you, geez.' He pulled his head away, rubbing his ear. 'Why else?'

She stared at him in shock before shaking her head with a laugh. 'You don't like me.'

'Excuse me? I think I know more about who I like or not. I like you.'

'No, you don't!' She twisted her fingers around nervously. 'You can't!'

'Why not?'

'Because!' She snapped.

'Again with this reasoning. I can like whoever I want. Remember?'

She did, very clearly. God, her behavior last night would probably haunt her forever. She muttered, 'Please don't do this.'

'I know what I’m doing.' He patted her fingers comfortingly. 'Trust me.'

That was the problem. She trusted him too much and it scared her. For his sake and for her own, she hoped he really did know what he was doing.

………………………….

'At last!' Mei punched in the air. 'Yes!!!'

Tiffany eyed her balefully. 'You sound excited.'

'Yes, I am!' Mei exclaimed, still jumping and dancing around. 'You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this… tell me, how did he get you to agree again? I thought you'd say no for sure!'

Tiffany bit her lip. She couldn't tell Mei he'd blackmailed her into agreeing because that would entail an explanation of what he had against her and Mei had been doubtful enough of her explanation – that she'd been actually looking for Mei – as it was.

'Well, he can be rather charming…' she muttered, seeing the said charming smile in her mind's eye and resisting the urge to puke. He'd better not do that kind of sickening stuff on their date or she'd dump him, to hell with blackmail. It just didn't suit him.

'I know!' Mei sniffed smugly. 'See, I told you he's a babe.'

'Yeah, yeah. You were right and I was wrong. Now get down here and tell me what should I wear?'

'Wait, when is it again?'

'Um…' Wow. She hadn't bothered asking about it and he hadn’t bothered telling. 'I don't know?'

Mei gave her a look, sighing and sitting down. 'Well I guess since it's his first time…'

'Wait, what?' Tiffany glanced up in surprise. 'His first time?'

'Yeah… at least I think it is. I don’t think he's asked anyone else out before.' Mei nodded, giving her a teasing grin, 'Lucky girl.'

Tiffany snorted, turning her face away but her tummy was doing weird flips. He was very popular, she knew that. With his exceptional looks and dancing abilities, of course he was. And she knew, had seen how girls threw themselves at him.

And yet, she was the first person he was asking out… had in fact, blackmailed to make sure she'd agree. She smiled to herself, then shook her head. No, she wasn't supposed to be happy about it. It was absolutely outrageous how he'd manipulated her, not something to feel giddy about.

Besides, she wasn't ready for any sort of commitment right now, so of course, it was irrelevant if she was the first person he'd approached. She wasn't in for any sort of long-term liaison, it was going to be a one-time thing. Nothing more.

She ignored the lump of disappointment that filled her at that thought, studiously focusing on the dating tips Mei was imparting on her.

She marveled again at the change in their roles – before, she'd been the wild girl, the experienced one but since Kai, their roles had reversed. Now, Mei was the one doling out advice while she listened.

………………………….

A/N

Finally!!!