Chapter 62

My Love from another Planet

The next morning found the residents of the Headquarters in a set of unforeseen circumstances that none could recall ended up happening. All that could be gathered, after sobering up on strong black coffee courtesy of Lily and a strict talking to by Suho, was that Baekhyun's Baek-too-sweet had been more potent than he'd anticipated and it, probably, was the reason for many of the circumstances under discussion.

It began when Suho returned, Angel in his arms and barely restraining himself from giving in to the primal urges that had been plaguing him since Evil left. He'd decided to leave her house because while being in the room permeated with her potent scent in itself was a challenge enough, he was worried about the security measures that made the HQs a virtually impenetrable fort which, naturally, Matt had missed while setting up his suburban residence. Of course, there was also the added benefit of having his mate in his territory but he was trying not to think about that too much because he was having trouble enough as things stood.

So when he found Tao pathetically leaning against the door, a panda plushie under one arm and a small blanket in the other, half-asleep and muttering something about cuddling, he was less than pleased.

It turned into downrlght irritation when Angel insisted that they let Tao come inside and sleep with them.

'Why?' He all but stamped his foot, annoyed that his mate was feeling so maternal towards the annoying cub. Who'd woken up and was happily letting Angel dote on him, ruffling his hair and tucking him in.

'Because he's lonely!' Angel exclaimed, eyes wide and all but b with tears. 'Poor baby!'

Tao, eyes peeking from underneath the covers, nodded in agreement.

Suho narrowed his eyes. 'Fine, he can take the bed. We can sleep on the couch.'

Angel looked torn, glancing between his stretched hand and Tao's pleading looks. Eventually, she gave him an equally pleading look. 'Can't we sleep together?'

The thought of another man coming in near vicinity of his mate – be it an immature cub like Tao who obviously sought nothing but motherly affection from her – was enough to light up an inferno of jealousy inside him. His glare was an answer enough but apparently not enough to deter her strong – much too strong – maternal instincts. 'Well, you can take the couch then.' She told him, and lifted the covers to slip underneath them.

Suho was on them in less than a second, yanking her away and kicking the cub to the side so he could slide in the center. He gave Tao a threatening look. 'You dare to touch her and I'll break your fingers!' He growled, eyes flashing red, the beast still too near the surface.

'Suho!' Angel exclaimed in shock but he ignored her, glaring at the cub who gulped and nodded to show he understood his precarious situation. 'I'll hug only you.' He crossed his heart. Suho narrowed his eyes threateningly, then pulled Angel down beside him. 'Make sure that you do.'

Any plans that he had – not that he did but a man could change his mind and he loved being impulsive where Angel was concerned – flew his mind when Tao's warm breath fanned his neck and made him want to twitch while Angel snuggled deeply against his chest. He was uncomfortable but apparently, he was the only one because less than ten mintues later, soft snores could be heard all around him while he was left to deal with an awkward because hello, that was Angel, his mate, in his room, in his bed and dammit, was it too much to ask for some privacy???

He didn't sleep much and was awake soon after dawn despite their late return last night. After carrying Tao out of the bed – because dammit, Angel would sleep in his bed and nowhere else in the Headquarters or he'd give up his leader status – and dragging his heavy weight around to dump in the couch, he threw a blanket over the cub and ignored how the fabric slowed a little before it landed. Probably just the air.

Well, that was just the start. He dragged a hand through his already spiked hair and was about to turn and leave when an argument broke out in the farthest room and attracted his attention. He headed towards the noise and glanced around at the passed out figures around the room in some surprise.

Baekhyun was wrapped around Chanyeol who'd thrown his arms around the smaller Legend and both were snuggling the way he'd wanted to snuggle with Angel if Tao hadn't butted in. Feeling irrationally jealous of their intimate moment, he threw a cushion at them to snap them awake before heading towards Xiumin's room.

The door to his room was slightly ajar and harsh whispers floated out.

'But look at her!' Xiumin said, sounding a lot like Angel. 'She's sleeping so peacefully.'

'That's irrelevant. What is she doing here in the first place?' Lily demanded, sounding irate. Well, Suho could definitely relate to that.

'She had no place to go. C'mon, what's the big deal?'

'You really need to ask??? Argh!' The sound of pillow hitting someone ensued, followed by marching footsteps and then, Lily yanked the door open. She was still dressed in her nightsuit – which comprised of Xiumin's shirt and her frustrated face reminded Suho of himself. Poor girl.

'Oh, hey Suho.' She muttered, turning a little red and hurriedly grabbing a sheet to warp around herself. 'Morning.'

'Hi.' He nodded politely and moved aside so she could pass by. The door opened to reveal a shirtless Xiumin and another girl in their bed.

He blinked, a little shocked despite himself. Sure, he didn't interfere with his Shadow's thinking but wasn't bringing another girl to bed a bit too much? And she'd been lying in between them from the looks of it. Geez, no wonder Lily was pissed off.

Xiumin saw his look and turned a little red himself. 'It's nothing like that – she couldn't find anyone to sleep with so…'

'You could've taken the couch or gotten on the floor.' Suho shook his head in disappointment.

'Ugh, I get it already. Get off my case, will you?' Yanking on his shirt, Xiumin pushed him aside to follow after Lily. 'Lily!!!'

Raina, the girl in question, turned around and blinked sleepily at Suho.

'Mommy?' She muttered, looking around confusedly and looking like she'd burst into tears. Sighing at the familiar sight – that was Tao nearly every morning – Suho grabbed one of the plushies from Xiumin's collection – for such a manly guy, he sure had a lot of cute stuff – and it in her fingers, turning her around and patting her shoulder. 'Go back to sleep.'

Nodding obediently, Raina closed her eyes and started snoring. Shaking his head, he headed back out. Baekhyun and Chanyeol had vanished, probably headed back to their bedrooms or throwing up in the toilets, and Suho had just stepped into the living room when multiple screams rang around the house.

A few moment later, the door to Luhan and Kai's room opened and Mei stepped out, looking traumatized, followed by two very much underdressed Legends. Kai was sporting a black-eye, Luhan's lip was bleeding and they were both talking at the same time, arguing heatedly.

Meanwhile, Sehun's door opened and Tiffany, looking guilty, stepped out and quietly closed the door behind her. The trio – Luhan, Mei and Kai – stopped in their tracks, staring bug-eyed at the girl who turned around and let out a yelp.

'Oh. My. God!' Mei's mouth dropped open.

Tiffany flushed. 'It's not what it looks like!!!' She hurriedly justified.

The door behind her opened up again and a sleepy, shirtless Sehun peeked out.

'Why'd you leave?' he yawned at Tiffany before grininng at the people in the living room. 'G'mornin'.'

Tiffany blushed like a fire engine, looking like she was wishing the ground would open up and swallow her whole. Kai and Luhan let out simultaneous whistles that turned into coughs when Mei elbowed their stomachs ruthlessly, turned and started pushing them towards the kitchen. 'You two can talk it out with each other over breakfast, okay? Come on, let's go…'

They were just crossing past the rooms when Baekhyun and Chanyeol's doors opened simultaneously, both disheveled Legends stepping out. There was a large burn mark around Chanyeol's neck – probably the result of their more enthusiastic activities last night – that looked suspiciously like a hickey. Baekhyun, meanwhile, wasn't meeting anyone's eyes and that, more than anything, resulted in the exclamation, 'You guys slept together, didn't you???' from Kai and a drawn out 'Niicee!' from Luhan.

Baekhyun's face turned red.

'Dude!' He looked at Chanyeol reproachfully. 'I thought we agreed we wouldn't tell anyone!' He turned to face the other two. 'It was a one time thing, okay?'

Chanyeol stretched, sending a naughty smile at his best friend. 'I don't know... I think it was kind of nice.'

Baekhyun's face went through a quick series of emotions before settling on disgust. 'ert! Stay away from me!' Covering his already covered chest with both hands, he stepped back and slammed the door shut. Kai, meanwhile, eyed Chanyeol critically. 'I thought you liked me.'

Chanyeol looked at him in surprise. It was something of a joke among the Legends – Chanyeol was always praising Kai's exceptional dancing skills so they kidded around that he had a crush on Kai but Kai never acknowledged it. Chanyeol sent him another naughty grin with a wink. 'Don't worry babe, this body's just for you.'

Kai arched a brow. 'Ew, no.'

Chanyeol sighed, 'No one loves me.'

'That's okay, I'm sure you'll find someone.' Mei patted his shoulder sympathetically before pulling him along as well.

'Wait for me!!!' Tiffany's voice floated after them but Mei deliberately ignored her, inwardly cheering for Sehun and his quick moves because she was getting tired of Tiffany being the oblivious little these days.

Naturally never one to be left out of the fun even if he was asleep for all practical purposes, Chen created his own brand of drama.

Sometime during an excrutiatingly awkward breakfast – Lily had refused to look at Xiumin, Mei was still casting suspicious looks at Kai and Luhan, Tiffany and Baekhyun weren't meeting anyone's eyes, Tao and Raina looked extremely guilty every time they glanced at an utterly disoriented Lay and Angel was looking close to tears because Suho was still a little bit angry at her for taking Tao's side; only Sehun and Chanyeol seemed oblivious to the thick tension in the air as they played around with the food Lily and Angel had kindly whipped up – the steady beep beep of his ECG machine escalated to alarming proportions.

Lay and Suho rushed out, followed by everyone else and they waited around more than hour of constant struggle before his heartrate stabilized. Feeling more drained than ever – they weren't mentally prepared for this kind of shock and could more relate to what Lily went through every time the hospital called to say Rose's condition had worsened – they returned to the breakfast.

And that's when Suho decided that they needed to settle things because the atmosphere was getting gloomier and gloomier and honestly, he couldn't stay angry at Angel. So after Lily offered to make coffee for all of them – more to settle her nerves because this entire episode was all too reminicent of Rose's condition – Suho gathered the Legends into the living room and gave them all a piece of his mind.

Also because other than Lay, none of them had been present for the security and with Evil on the loose, they couldn’t afford this kind of casual behavior.

'Wait, Evil attacked Angel? Does this mean he knows…?'

Suho wished he could believe otherwise but in this case, he'd err on the side of caution. 'We don't know that but I'm not going to take any chances. I was lucky that Lay got that vision just in time otherwise…'

Just the thought of what might've happened made him want to growl. So growl he did, at his subordinate Legends, chewing them out so thoroughly that by the time coffee was done and the girls came out of the kitchen – they'd probably been having a chat of their own – all of the Legends were wishing the ground would open and swallow them all.

Angel approached him cautiously, looking unsure about his reaction and it broke his heart a little – how could he put that look in her eyes? So when she was within touching distance, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her into his lap.

'I'm sorry.' He muttered, twining her fingers around his and dropping a kiss on her knuckles.

She burst into tears, hugging him and almost spilling the coffee he was holding. He put the cup aside and hugged her tightly, dropping reassuring kisses on her head and cheek and any other place he could reach.

'I'm…so…sorry!' she hiccupped at last, her tears breaking his heart. 'I didn't mean to… make you angry… I j-ju-just w-wa-wanted t-to…help…'

'I'm not angry, I swear!' He reassured her, feeling horrible. Of course her kind heart wouldn't let her abandon anyone in need. And the fact that she cared about the cubs like he did only showed how much she cared about him, that she accepted his family as her own.

Feeling overwhelmed, he kissed her. It was wet and teary but to him, it was the best kiss they'd ever shared. 'I love you.' He told her, hugging her tighter.

In another corner, Kai was trying to explain his presence in Luhan's bed to the said Legend who was more than willing to give his Shadow another black eye for not only trespassing but also daring touch his mate. 'I can't be held responsible for my actions if I'm under influence!' Kai protested, pushing Luhan away.

Luhan snorted. 'It only counts if its drugs or alcohol.'

'You didn't take a shot of Baek-too-sweet or you wouldn't be saying that!'

'I've got it!' Mei suddenly snapped her fingers, stopping their argument. 'It's me!'

Kai and Luhan blinked at that, then Luhan prodded her gently. 'What's you?'

'I think…' Mei glanced around to make sure no one was listening before glancing at Luhan. 'Is it okay to tell him? He's my bestfriend and I dragged him into this.'

Luhan's eyes narrowed at the bestfriend but he really had no idea what she was talking about – her mind was doing that jumping thing again and he really couldn’t keep up with her – so he nodded. 'Sure.'

Mei swallowed. 'I think I accidentally used my powers and dragged him to our bed.'

The guys gaped at her in surprise before Kai let out a snort, quickly turning it into a cough when Luhan glared at him. 'What do you mean?' Luhan asked.

'I was thinking about him and Tiffany and Sehun and we were messing around before that, you know…' Mei twisted her fingers around nervously, glancing between the Legends. '… and since I'm so strong…,' Kai coughed harder, earning a bigger glare from Luhan, 'I think I pulled him unconsciously. Oh my god, I think its getting out of control!'

Kai couldn't take it anymore, primarily because Luhan had finally caught the gist of Mei's thoughts and it was going in a completely unforeseen direction. 'Shut up!' Luhan snapped at Kai before addressing Mei, going towards her. 'Mei, don't you think…'

'Don't!' Mei yelped, holding her hands to her chest, 'Don't come near me! What if I hurt you???'

'Mei…' Luhan looked at her helplessly but she only shook her head. 'I think I piled up those sofas as well!' she exclaimed, pointing towards the pile Chanyeol had set up last night for his flying gig, 'what if I do something really dangerous? I don't want to hurt anyone!!!'

Laughing, Kai went away, leaving Luhan to deal with his rather crazed mate who was convinced she had the power of telekinesis. Vaguely, he wondered how she would react when she found out Luhan had been playing with her – had to be worth watching.

……………………………….

Tiffany sighed, leaning her head back. 'I can't face him.'

Raina sighed, leaning her head back as well. 'Me neither.'

'I slept with him! I can't believe it!' Tiffany exclaimed. Raina opened one eye to look at her. 'I clung to his leg like a lemur. At least sleeping is more dignified than that!'

Tiffany opened to counter that, then closed it. 'You're right, that's more humiliating.'

Raina sat up, glaring at her. 'You can at least pretend I'm wrong.'

Their argument was cut short by the appearance of the objects of their discussion. Lay, followed by Tao and Sehun. Both girls shut up promptly, eyeing the guys apprehensively.

Lay smiled when his eyes met Raina's, who blushed furiously, recalling her actions. She'd never ever take Kai's advice again.

'Hello...' Lay waved a hand at them before heading towards Chen's room. Sehun cast another teasing I-know-what-you-did grin at Tiffany who flushed a little – only a little, mind you – and narrowed her eyes, causing, per her belief, the curtains to flap with the gust of wind that followed.

She was pretty sure nothing had happened. At least, nothing more than that unnecessarily hot kiss. She admitted it had felt way too nice and she'd probably participated more enthusiastically than she should have – blame it on the drinks – but that was it.

Luhan and Sehun had decided to share a room while she and Mei shared the other. They'd gone to sleep but some time during the night, she'd woken to loud thunder, terrified and seeking comfort and wouldn’t you know it, Mei wasn't beside her. So she'd curled up on herself and trembled under the covers until someone had slipped into the bed beside her and held her until it passed and she went back to sleep. She didn't know who it was but she was pretty sure it was Sehun.

Then, she'd woken again to the sound of slamming doors and it was still raining heavily outside, the wind blowing harshly and occasional cracks of thunder punctuating it. She'd gone out, left the room she'd been given, to seek Mei and when she'd peeked inside the room, she'd seen Mei's favorite plushie Cuddles – she'd brought it with her because of the sleepover – and had made a beeline for it, slipping underneath the covers and inching closer to the comforting heat of the body next to her.

She'd fallen asleep within minutes and in the morning, she'd woken up to find herself completely entagled with a shirtless – and very warm – Sehun. And the rest, as they said, was history.

Now that she thought about it, it was all Mei's fault for abandoning her.

'She's scared of thunder too.' Raina defended her, 'So of course she went to Luhan.'

Tiffany still didn't believe that justified her abandonment but postponed her argument because Tao had just stopped in front of them.

'Hey…' he began, a bit awkwardly, 'I'm sorry about last night.' He told Raina, 'I'm sorry I hit you with my foot and that I bit you afterwards; I won't do it again.'

Raina nodded, standing up to apologize herself. 'I'm sorry too for scratching and pinching your arm and calling you a sissy. I won't do it again either.'

They both stared at each other. 'Friends?' Tao suggested.

'I'd like that.' Raina nodded shyly. They shook hands, then started giggling.

'See you around.' Tao waved over his shoulder, prancing off excitedly.

'Aw, aren't you two cute?!' Tiffany .

'Shut up.' Raina muttered.

They would've continued the banter but just then, the doorbell rang. A moment later, the door swung open and a small, familiar voice rang out. 'H-hello?'

Raina's head swung around in surprise, eyes widening as she spied the familiar figures standing in the doorway.

D.O smiled his trademark heartshaped smile, pulling Kyra further inside.

'Welcome home.'

………………………

A/N

Happy WuYifan day :D here's the morning after :) I hope you guys enjoyed it - do comment :) I'll update again hopefully soon :)

edited: Belated birthday spam :D

 

and here we have :D Mr. Galaxy Fanfan at your service :) if you guys haven't already, give his song Bad Girl a listen - its quite catchy :) have fun <3