Chapter 53

My Love from another Planet

Double update - read previous chapter if you haven't <3

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

The movie was good but Mei couldn’t pay attention to it because her mind kept going back to what had happened at the skating rink. Tao had suddenly gotten very dizzy, collapsing on the floor and Tiffany had twisted her foot, so she couldn't skate either.

They'd fooled around for a while but everyone was a little subdued after the incident – at least, Mei was and even though she'd been looking forward to holding hands with Luhan while they glided around, she couldn't find the enthusiasm.

Partly because Tiffany was giving her the cold shoulder, turning her face away every time their eyes met and partly because Kai was doing the same, making her feel terrible for yelling at him. He had been helping her and she could've thanked him before pushing him to Tiffany. But she was sure her friend hadn't taken kindly to being abandoned by her boyfriend and it was making her feel horrible – like it was her fault.

'It's not.' Luhan patted her hand, turning it around to intertwine fingers with her. They were in the front row and she'd been leaning her head on his shoulder, whining. She looked up at him. 'Really?'

'Yeah, really.' Luhan reassured her, then distracted her. 'So, what was it you said about Tiffany having powers?'

Mei perked up, immediately excited. She'd wanted to share that earlier but she'd been feeling too bad and had only mentioned it in the passing. 'Well, Tiffany can control the wind.'

Luhan choked on the sip he'd taken, coughing and sputtering. She patted his back, but he pushed her hand away and cleaned his mouth before turning to her. 'Come again?'

'I know it sounds impossible but the wind blew when she snapped her fingers, you know. We were just joking around and she said she'd queen of the wind and I told her I could move things with my mind…'

Luhan coughed again, swallowing the popcorn wrong and thumped his chest. 'Really?'

'We were just joking around, only when she snapped her fingers, the wind really blew. We thought it was coincidence, so she did it again and it worked.' Mei gave him a wide-eyed look. 'That was so cool.'

Luhan nodded absently, glancing back to look at Sehun. He was sitting between Tiffany and Kai, back straight like an arrow and looking a bit blue, probably because he was holding his breath. Luhan didn't envy the cub, having been in that position himself. Her scent had to be overpowering him.

But Tao, who was sitting right behind the cub, looking a little green, gave him a smile and Luhan understood. Tao had Sehun's powers until a few hours ago and since the beast was so powerful, it was likely that it had been acting via Tao to entertain its mate. Kind of sweet if you thought about it.

And a perfect way to cheer her up. Stuck by the idea, he turned back to Mei. 'So, did you try your own powers?'

Mei looked at him in surprise. 'We were just joking around.'

'I know but if Tiffany had those powers, who knows if you have them too?'

Mei thought about it for a second. 'I… guess…'

'Try it.' He encouraged her. 'Try lifting up a popcorn.'

Mei giggled. 'This is stupid.'

'Come on, I wanna see my super girl.' He pouted at her, whining like she usually did. She gave him a look that said 'grow up' but she cleared . 'Don't laugh.' She warned him.

'I won't.' He grinned, eagerly waiting for the look on her face when…

'HOLY CRAP!!!' Mei's exclamation rang around the entire lounge, breaking everyone's focus on the movie. Luhan laughed, pulling her head down along with him so they were out of sight. Mei's eyes were wide with surprise and excitement. 'Did you see that?' She whispered.

He nodded, feeling her excitement leaking into him. Why hadn't he thought of doing this before? 'I knew you could do it!' He told her. 'Do it again.'

She nodded, eyes gleaming and pointed her finger at the popcorn bucket, gesturing upwards. Luhan hid his grin as he focused his power and lifted a few popcorns in the air, timing it with her movements. He widened his eyes in mock disbelief.

'Amazing!!!' He breathed, wondering if her choice of power had something to do with their connection. After all, she could've picked something more dramatic like lightening or fire but she picked telekinesis.

'I always thought it was weird I associated you with Luke Skywalker…' Mei commented lightly, answering his question. 'Turns out, I'm the Skywalker here.'

'You associated me…?' He raised a brow.

'I just had these weird dreams.' She shook her head. 'But man, this is so cool.' She gave him a smug look. 'Am I awesome or what?'

'Or what?' He suggested, laughing as she smacked him. He wrapped an arm around her shoulder and leaned back, opening his mouth. 'Feed me.' He told her, then hid another grin as she rolled her eyes but gestured her fingers confidently. Oh, she was just so cute. He focused his powers to lift the popcorns, first to one in his mouth, then when she pointed at her own mouth, directed it towards her.

They were busy enjoying themselves, ignoring the movie completely so neither Luhan nor Mei noticed the dirty looks Kai kept throwing them. He wasn't sure why he was feeling this out-of-it all of a sudden but he couldn’t help feeling jealous as Mei laughed and leaned her head against Luhan's shoulder.

Maybe it was finally acknowledging that he hadn't moved on, that he was still stuck on Mei but everything was hitting him just too hard and even if he tried, he couldn't focus on anyone but Mei. So, he didn't even notice that Tiffany didn't sit next to him but pulled Sehun in between them.

Tiffany, on the other hand, was feeling angry and annoyed but mostly, just hurt that Kai couldn't be bothered to even look at her. He'd asked her, perfunctorily, if she was okay after Suho had checked her foot and told her not to skate. She'd nodded and he'd just sat beside her but he couldn't keep his eyes off Mei.

And while she was understanding, she wasn't made of ice. Her heart had been aching so much, it was a wonder she hadn't burst into tears already but one crying spree was enough. She was only grateful Sehun was in his nice mode, because he'd sat between them without her having to ask him. That way, she couldn't see that Kai was constantly focusing on Mei instead of the movie, brooding and sulky, neither could she see that he hadn’t glanced at her even once. Yeah, she was glad she couldn't see any of that.

The screen kept getting blurry every once in a while – y projectors – and it was only because she had something in her eyes that she kept tearing up. She said as much to Sehun when he silently the napkin in front of her face, so she could wipe them clean. He nodded, not contradicting her and for that she was grateful.

She wiped her eyes and focused unseeingly back on the movie.  

…………………………….

Sehun had decided to confront Kai the moment they stepped out of the cinema. The guy really needed some talking to and Sehun was going to make sure he got it. What the hell was wrong with him? Why was he being like that to Tiffany? Sehun didn't know what his brother's problem was but he would have to put it on the back burner and make his mate happy.

He was cursing his helplessness – no matter what he did, he knew he couldn't do anything to make her happy but he could make sure his brother stopped being a jerk.

So now, he was running after the quickly retreating figure, leaving Tiffany with her friends. The jerk hadn't even stopped to see if Tiffany was alright or ask how she was going back home because she couldn't walk and enough was enough.

'Ya!!!' Sehun called angrily and Kai stilled for a second, before resuming his quick stride. 'What?' His voice drifted back. Sehun wondered if he could use his powers to stop Kai but decided against it. He'd just regained them and he really didn't trust himself with their usage.

'Stop, we need to talk.'

Kai let out a huge sigh but stilled and turned around, a frown on his face. 'What?'

Sehun closed the distance between them with long strides, looming over his brother. 'You tell me. What the hell are you doing?' He demanded.

'Look, I'm in no mood for chit-chat…'

'Great, because I'm not doing that either.' Sehun stalled him. 'So how about you go back and, I don't know, maybe apologize for being a .'

Kai raised a brow at that, looking ill-tempered. Well, that made two of them. 'I didn't do anything.'

'Exactly.' Sehun nodded, clenching his fist. 'You didn't do anything and she'd crying because of that. I don't know what your problem is but…'

'You're right, you don't know. So leave me alone.' Kai turned around but Sehun was having none of that. 'Not so fast.'

Kai stopped but his shoulders were tense and he spoke through his teeth. 'I'm not in a good mood right now, Sehun. Don't try my patience.'

'I don't give a about that.' Sehun snapped back. 'I can understand that you went to Mei when she fell but that doesn't mean you couldn't come back to her afterwards, okay? And paid attention to her. You're on a date, for 's sake.'

Kai didn't look at him but closed his eyes, jaw clenching. 'Let's not talk about this now.'

Sehun shook his head. 'You don't deserve her.'

Kai closed his eyes. Sehun was acting like he didn't already know that – he knew he didn't deserve her, not when he couldn't repay her feelings. He knew he'd been a jerk to her this entire day, knew he should've tried harder but he couldn’t do it.

'I know.' He murmured, starting to walk again.

'To think she was worried about you,' Sehun sneered, pissed beyond sense. He could just abandon her like that, walk away so easily. 'Thinking you'd never forgive her for betraying you. Over an accidental ing kiss. .'

At this point, his powers got the best of him and he pushed Kai, making him stumble and slide down. He wanted so badly to land a punch on his brother's face but it was useless. The bastard didn't care.

'What accidental kiss?' Kai asked. Sehun didn't turn around, replying over his shoulder. 'She kissed me by accident. Not that it matters to you.'

Kai stood up. 'It does matter. If it's an accident, it's not her fault, is it?'

'Of course not. But that didn't stop Luhan from beating the crap out of you for touching Mei – bet you'd react the same way if it was Mei.'

Just then, Sehun's eyes landed on the figure right in front of him, eyes wide. Crap. How much had she heard? He stopped, eyes fixed on the girl as he willed his brother to shut up. He'd started this entire talk to make things better for her, not hurt her even more. But it was too late.

'Well, she's not Mei.'

She jerked back like she'd been slapped and turned around quickly, almost running off. Sehun whirled around and landed a hard punch like he'd been wanting to do all this time.

'You son of a !' He snarled but he didn't wait around to fight with him. She was crying, he knew it, could feel it inside himself and the overwhelming need to be by her side, comfort her, erased every other thought from his head as he chased after her.

Sehun had never felt anything like when he saw her heart break. Nothing – not even losing his brother – had hurt him that much. He felt like his heart would break any second, crack under the unending pain that was clouding his head – Tiffany's pain, leaking inside him through their link.

He swallowed, wanting to land another hit on Kai's face for putting her through this. How could he do this to her, knowing how much she loved him? He wanted to take his own heart out of his chest and give it to her, anything to make things easier for her, lessen her pain, and make her happy.

The overwhelming urge to do something, anything, sped his steps as he followed the link, finding her within moments. She hadn't gone too far, unable to move efficiently on her twisted foot and had collapsed around the first turn, crying.

A fist was into so her cries were muffled and the other hand rose repeatedly to wipe her eyes as she tried again and again to distance herself from the pain.

You already knew that, Tiff – you knew what you were getting into… he could hear her thoughts loud and clear and it broke his heart to see her trying to be strong. He's just another jerk anyway, you've had worse… a fresh round of tears filled her eyes at the thought as her mind immediately rebelled at that thought. No, he's better than anyone else, don't…

He couldn't take it anymore. Couldn't take how she was barely hanging onto her sanity, forcing herself to stay strong when she was so obviously breaking apart. Couldn't take how she was silencing the cries that wanted to spill out of .

So he did the only thing he could. He slipped beside her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, gathering her to his chest. She stiffened and tried to push him away but he forced her head down.

'Don't.' His voice was gruff. 'Don't hold back… I'm here.'

She tried to look up but he didn't let her, mainly because he didn't want her to see his own eyes were teary too. Slowly, she relaxed, tears slipping down her nose and soaking into his shirt before gathering momentum again. Her fingers found purchase in his shirt, tangling and twisting it as she shuddered and he held her, cursing his helplessness, the fact that this was all he could do.

………………………………

A/N

So... yeah, that relationship was doomed from the start *sighs* still hurts me though. Anyway, Sehun's finally acknowledging Tiffany and being the caring brat he secretly is but these two have a long road ahead. Oh and don't be mad at Kai - he honestly didn't mean for her to hear it....oh well... I hope you guys enjoyed it so far. I might not be able to update next week and I'm not really sure when I CAN but I'll do my best to be on time. If I don't... well, consider this double update a gift :) we're moving house, so it might take some time before I get a functional internet connection and stuff. Alright then, people - do comment and let me know what you think. I am really grateful to all of you for taking the time to read my stories - I know they are long - really - so, it means a lot. I hope I'll be able to live up to your expectations by the end of it all :) See you around, bye \(^^)