Chapter 48

My Love from another Planet

Suho rubbed his face as Baekhyun recounted the entire event to him and maybe it was the worry but it had started drizzling as they stood outside. The damage control on this one was going to be a and he wasn't even sure if they could explain everything away…

Though they could always confide in the girls. Angel, he knew, already suspected and the rest of the girls were attached enough that they would accept them instead of getting freaked out. At least, he hoped so. It would otherwise.  

But before they did that, they needed to calm everyone down. Especially Raina, who was thankfully more shocked than scared but really, the girl had to have nerves of steel not to faint when D.O was foaming-at-the-mouth crazy and attacking her.

When he headed back inside, it was to find the others already working on it.

'D.O is… sort of autistic…' Chanyeol was explaining sincerely, 'He doesn't communicate like normal people.'

Raina nodded slowly, sipping the warm cup coffee Lily had provided her with to counter the shock, while Lay held her hand, rubbing his fingers soothingly. From the looks of it, though, he was the one who needed more caring – his eyebrow was cut and the way he was sitting made it obvious his back was hurting.

Luhan had gone back to the library to comfort Mei – she was terrified of thunderstorms and this event had shaken her terribly. Kai, likewise, was taking care of Tiffany – who'd broken down completely because she was even more terrified of thunderstorms than Mei. Sehun was glaring at the couple, looking like he was going to snap in an instant – probably why Tao was right beside him, forcefully holding him back. 

Lily, meanwhile, was walking around the shop, taking in the cracks on the wall and the floor and the shattered glass of the door.

'I think lightening must've struck right on the steps… maybe even inside.' Xiumin speculated.

'I guess… at least, that will explain these massive cracks.' She sighed, then glanced at him. 'It's going to cost a lot, repairing this.'

He nodded, then sighed himself. 'I think I'll add some reinforcements too…' he muttered thoughtfully.

Seeing everyone was more or less settled down and not focusing on the stranger aspects of this episode – like Kai's vanishing act – Suho called Baekhyun inside, then signaled for all the Legends to gather, so they could talk about what to do next.

They'd barely started, the Legends taking their time to leave the girls before heeding his call and were only at the beginning when there was a loud commotion. They reacted quickly, immediately heading towards the main lounge – they'd gathered inside the mini-library – but still, they were too late.

The door had broken clean off its hinges, barely hanging on and they saw Raina's hair floating in the air before they vanished out of sight. A second later, there was zipping sound and Kai's head poked inside, sporting a black eye. ', he's uncontrollable.'

'We figured, Sherlock.' Baekhyun muttered, shaking his head.

'Let's go.' Luhan lead them outside and Suho gave a parting smile to the girls. 'She'll be fine.'

At least, he hoped so.

'You stay with the girls,' Suho told Sehun and Tao. The cubs' powers were completely unpredictable and they couldn’t afford to mess with D.O. – he was already difficult to control, simply with his beast power – add Chen's additional powers and his fever and it was going to require extreme caution.

With a final wave, he ran outside.

………………………………

So, it was a good thing she knew he was autistic, not psychopathic. Or she might've fainted out of fear, the way he was going about things.

Autistic… as far as Raina remembered from her numerous discussions with Kyra – who had the bad habit of discussing every new disorder she studied – they were people who had extreme trouble with communication and social interaction.

She yelped when he unloaded her – she'd been carried like a sack of potatoes, bouncing up and down on his shoulders – and threw her into a chair. Then gulped when he his face in front of her, growling low in his throat. She closed her eyes instinctively, expecting the worst.

His hand landed on the arm of the chair, the metal bending under the force of his hit.

'Where is she?' He snarled into her face, his warm breath fanning over her cheeks and scaring the bejesus out of her. She swallowed, thinking she could be excused for breaking her promise – this was literally life-threatening, right?

'Answer me!' He growled, his voice not raising in volume but somehow getting scarier. She gulped again and opened but no sound emerged. He snarled and hit the foot of the chair, then grabbed her collar and pulled her up, smacking her against the wall. 'You're trying my patience. Where. Is. She?'

Each word was punctuated by a punch right beside her head and she closed her eyes again. Dammit, he was scary. Was Kyra sure this guy was the one? He sure looked like he belonged in an asylum. Or a maximum security prison. Preferably the latter.

.

Autistic, autistic… she chanted inside her head. He wasn't a bad person, merely troubled. That calmed her enough that she could talk. She opened her eyes, ready to answer his question.

'Okay, that's enough.' The familiar, loud voice weakened her knees, relief crashing through her. The crazy guy whirled around, a loud growl tearing out of his throat as he pushed her behind himself. She realized he was trying to put himself between her and what he perceived as a threat and it… touched her. He really wasn't a bad person – in fact, it was kind of sweet, in a really scary way.

'Relax D.O., it's just us.' Luhan stepped up beside Baekhyun, putting his hands up in a peace making gesture. 'Now, let Raina go.'

D.O. – what a name! – shook his head, baring his teeth again as his grip on her tightened and backed up, pushing her further against the wall.

'I'm sure she'll answer your questions if you just ask her.' Suho stepped ahead, closing the distance between the two of them. 'Come on, be a good boy and let her go. She's at your university, you can talk to her any time.'

D.O shook his head again, though he looked a little unsure and the crazed look in his eyes was fading. 'Really, she will. You can ask her!' Suho met her eyes, silently pleading. She nodded her head empathically. 'Of course I will.'

D.O whirled around so quickly, she didn't have time to react before his face was in front of her. 'Promise?' Funny how the word sounded like a threat too – like he was holding a knife to . She gulped, nodding quickly. He narrowed his eyes, slowly stepping back.

'You can go if you answer my question right now.' He announced quite coherently, making Raina blink. If he could speak like that… didn't that mean he could communicate? What happened to being autistic? 'Where is she?'

'You're talking about Kyra, right?'

'Kyra…' His lips curved into a decidedly creepy smile. 'So that's her name? Hmm…'

She opened to say something but another sound interrupted them. The clap of boots hitting concrete, numerous people from the sound of it. Then a group of people emerged from the shadows and a guy stepped forward. 'We meet again, Beagle King.'

Luhan smacked a hand across his face, dragging it down. 'Not this idiot again.'

'Who're you calling an idiot?' The boy who'd spoken up – a very pretty boy, to be specific – bristled, 'I'm a tough guy.'

The guys burst out laughing, someone even imitating him. Baekhyun snorted. 'Sure you are; no one cares, good-ing-bye.' He gesturing rudely, dismissing him.

'You're ignoring me and that ain't good, you should know when to back off, you should! I ain't dropping by cause I'm a busy man and when I show up here, you say you got no jams?' A tall boy stepped up beside the pretty boy, glaring down at Baekhyun. 'Is that man the Beagle King, the one who tore out your nose ring?'

'I don't wear a nose ring!' the pretty boy snapped, 'It was clip-on and yes, that is the Beagle King, who challenged you to the ring!'

Raina blinked at the distinctive, rapping style of their conversation. The tall guy crossed his arms over his chest, looming over Baekhyun. 'Name's Rapmonster, Leader of the Gang, say goodbye Beagle, click, click, bang, bang.'

Apparently, that was code for 'we're gonna beat the out of you now' because six or seven guys stepped ahead, carrying various weapons – a rugby helmet, a baseball bat and for some reason, a skateboard. They posed, looking sufficiently gang-ish and bad, at least to Raina.

Baekhyun snorted insultingly. 'What're you kids gonna do?'

'Make you go boo-hoo!' Someone retorted.

'Oh this is so on.'

'Two seconds and you're gone!'

Before she knew what was happening, they attacked each other and Raina closed her eyes, ready for the sounds of bats crashing against bone. Instead, a clamor of loud voices, each of them trying to out-rap the other reached her ears. Apparently, the code was for 'I'm gonna rap the hell out of you'.

'My stick is bigger than a bridge.' Rapmonster taunted, 'Your stick's like little kid's.'

'My stick's locked in a cage, right?' Baekhyun responded, 'Your suffers from stage-fright.'

Were they rapping about their…? Oh god, no! Raina focused on others.

The pretty boy was messing with Luhan, who was countering it with endless repetitions of 'Yo!' He literally finished everything with it, so his every sentence rhymed, obviously frustrating the pretty boy. Who was hell bent on proving he was 'tough'. Eventually, they gave up on rapping and moved on to busting dance moves, whereby Kai took over and started competing against him.

Okay, maybe that was better than beating each other up but seriously, this was getting ridiculous. Like Chanyeol, who was looming over a kid half his size and talking . Literally. 'Get the out of my face, looking-boy!' He snapped triumphantly.

The 'looking-boy' in question, glared up at the giant and started rapping back at him. 'When somebody talk 'bout you, then him and you too!'

She didn't want to hear anything anymore. This was beyond ridiculous and…

As if to contradict her thoughts – it could get even more preposterous – the door to the warehouse swung open – she was only noticing now that they were in a warehouse, no wonder gangs were showing up – and a fancily dressed man entered inside, wearing shades at this time of the night.

'Why're you fighting, kids? Settle it like oppa – Gangnam style.'

He started dancing, like he was riding a horse and she was sure she was hallucinating when the door burst open behind him and a guy dressed up in black – obviously a bodyguard – and put his arms around the dancing guy. 'Please excuse him,' He apologized politely, dragging him away. 'He's drunk.'

Someone touched her shoulder and she jumped, yelping in surprise. 'Relax, it's just me.'

To say she was happy to see him was understating it. 'Lay!' She wanted to throw herself in his arms but he didn't give her a chance, taking hold of her hand and force-marching her towards the exit. 'Let's get out while he's distracted.'

She realized then that D.O had left her alone, gone over to stand beside Suho and observe the increasingly ludicrous rap-battle. She nodded her head, then all but ran out of the place.

…………………………….   

'I'm glad we had this chat.' Baekhyun shook Rapmonster's hand, 'I really liked your décor, that was phat!'

'Same here bro, I'll take care of this.' At that, he lightly smacked the pretty boy across the back of his head, 'Sorry we fought, next time we won't be remiss.'

'Nah, it's cool, that boy's a just a fool.'

'I'm a tough guy!' The pretty boy protested, but he sounded subdued. Apparently, he'd complained to his gang's leader that Baekhyun's gang had started a turf war.

When Rapmoster found out that his gang members had actually kidnapped Mei and basically started the entire fight, he was more than pissed off and had given them such a harsh lecture – all of it perfectly rhyming while Chanyeol and D.O beat-boxed in the background – that even Baekhyun was impressed. The guy could rap, that was for sure – no wonder he called himself a rap monster.

After assuring him that he was well known in the underground scene as Rapbyun and could be found easily, Baekhyun waved the guy off and watched as they marched out. Luhan, who'd been watching the interaction silently, snapped his fingers.

'I remember him now! That's Minho's younger brother!'

'That idiot?' Kai asked, surprised.

'Yeah. No wonder he looked familiar – Minho told me the guy wanted to dance but then he fell in bad company and joined some gang. Geez.'

'You'll tell him about it?'

'Not unless he messes with me again. I mean, that Monster dude really chewed him out.'

'True.'

There was momentary silence, then Suho spoke up. 'Where's Raina?'

Surprised, they all glanced around but Raina was nowhere to be found. Neither was Lay. 'I guess they took off together.' Baekhyun smiled, feeling unnecessarily proud of Lay. Foolproof way to win a girl over – save her from your crazy brother. Which reminded him, 'D.O, you didn't get any answer from her.'

D.O., much calmer than before, shrugged. 'I know her name now. I can find her.'

There was a collective groan. 'Why can't you behave like a normal person?' Baekhyun demanded.

'You have no room to talk.' D.O snapped, then turned to Suho. 'I'm leaving.'

'No, you're going back to the headquarters and waiting there until I come back.' Suho told him, deliberately using his authority. 'After that, we'll talk. There are several things we need to discuss and I think we'll have to start the night duty again.'

Obviously displeased, D.O growled and snarled under his breath and put Chanyeol in a choke hold, before threatening Tao – the cub had shown up after Chanyeol's call – and stomping out of the place.

When D.O was out of sight, Suho sighed. 'Baekhyun, you can find Lay, see if he isn't lost or anything, okay? I'll head back, the rest of you, just hurry back.'

Nodding their heads, the group started heading in various directions, Luhan, Kai and Xiumin walking back to the shop, Tao following Suho home and Chanyeol taking off with Baekhyun.

……………………………….

A/N

So... another crazy update :) I think I mentioned it before but the crazier chapters are written when I was trying to relieve stress through crack and I got a li..tle carried away. And here you have it, the result of sleep deprived, caffine accelerated, stress relief chapter :P 

Not only that but I HAVE mentioned a few words that might be taken out of context and might be considered offensive. So, I'll apologize in advance. I am well aware that the condition known as Autism Spectrum Disorder is neither as simplistic nor overly exaggerated as I have described it here - give me some credit, psych student here - and I am also aware that the term 'autistic' is considered rude and offensive. We do not use it, if you want to mention it, do it the politically correct way - people with autism/ASD, okay? D.O doesn't fulfill that criteria and I think he might be closer to a Social Communication Disorder but Chanyeol doesn't know that so forgive him, he only said what I told him to. This chapter was written in good fun, so please take it like that. If you would like to have more information about what Autism is, its signs and symptoms and all the associated stuff, I'll put a few links you can visit. Just keep in mind, this is a joke - take it like that :)

Links: 

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/autism-spectrum-disorders-asd/index.shtml

https://www.autismspeaks.org/what-autism

http://www.helpguide.org/articles/autism/autism-spectrum-disorders.htm

https://www.autismspeaks.org/blog/2014/01/31/social-communication-disorder-parents-seek-guidance

Also, I think by now, EVERYONE should be able to recognize the pretty boy who's been the bane of Luhan and Mei's existence since the latter part of YOU WHO CAME FROM THE STARS :) Without further ado, give it up for the ONE, the ONLY, Lee Taemin. And I'm (kinda) sorry I made so much fun of him :P

 

 (he looks like Kai here... sorta :P)

 

 (actually, I loved his hair in the Sherlock era - totally inspired my fringe... seriously) Ooh, a few things that inspired me to portray him as I did... 

Heeey, nega tough guy - lyrics from Pretty Boy (sorry but no, you're not :P)

Nose ring (clip on obvs)

 and well, just look at him :D he's too pretty to be tough (sort of like Luhan but at least Lulu is... okay, no, I got nothing :P Sorry Mei) 

 like he looks prettier than a girl even when he's shirtless... dafuq? O_O 

 ugh, collarbones X_X

Also, I did promise a rap battle between EXO and Bangtan Boys, so there you have it XD Sorry if it wasn't what you expected, I did my best. For the lyrics... I can tell the songs which inspired them and you can listen to them if you wanna :P

My D*** - Mickey Avalon

Rap God - Eminem

We are Bulletproof Pt.2 - Bangtan Boys

The Real Slim Shady - Eminem

I used a few parts and obviously altered them to suit the situation but you get my drift. Also, these songs have explicit lyrics, so please be careful. 

Bonus Bangtan Boys being gangster as fu**

click click 

.

 cuz abs, duh <_<

Last but not the least... PSY :) I hope you liked his cameo...

I so wanted to add G-Dragon just randomly coming in and Taeyang wearing gasmasks and Daesung just randomly chained to the wall but I had run out of energy, so I skipped that. Oh well... 

Okay then, I think this A/N went pretty long. Thanks for reading, hope you're enjoynig this so far. Please comment, I'd really like to hear you guys. 

Later then ^^)/