Chapter 33

My Love from another Planet

 They were facing each other, just looking and looking, neither making any move to get any closer.

For a very good reason too. Because his cellphone was sitting between them, in the compartment beside the gearbox, ringing off the hook.

For the first time since she'd started going out with Suho, Angel felt annoyed at getting interrupted during their time together. Her lips pursed in irritation before she pushed it back. Suho, she knew, had a lot of responsibilities and she couldn't ask him to abandon them for her.

That didn't mean she hadn't spent the entire week, eagerly waiting for this. Suho, unlike previous times, looked quite happy.

'Why are you smiling?' She muttered sulkily, wanting to reach down and silence the thing. She'd forgotten to do it earlier because… well, she forgot a lot of things, especially when she was with him. But really, that was no excuse.

'Because you look so cute.' He told her sincerely, delight and amusement evident both in his voice and the feelings she could sense in him. She pouted, then yelped when he suddenly lunged at her, squishing her cheeks.

'Wha…?' her voice was dazed, her glasses getting knocked away by Suho's overly enthusiastic jerk.

'You are just too cute!' He told her, still squishing her cheeks. 'And I can't…'

She felt a familiar heat climbing her neck. After all, he was touching her, his face so close to hers and…

'You have to stop doing that!' he muttered, leaning close to peck on her cheeks, then moving on to her nose before coming down to . The kiss he gave her was chaste and not even close to what she wanted. 'Or I won't leave you alone.'

Who said she wanted him to? She tried to free herself, intent on repaying his kiss but he chuckled and let her go. 'I have to take the call.'

She pouted again but this time she was ready for his lunge. She helped him settle her in his lap before handing his phone to him and snuggling against his chest. It rumbled against her ear and she paid attention to the way his shirt collar opened right at the dip in his neck, molding over his collarbones.

Her mind flashed back to the only real make out session they'd had since his return, in her bedroom. went dry as she stared at his pale skin, reminded of the way his shirt had opened right above his chest and she wondered if it really was as palely perfect as she remembered. She glanced up at him to find his eyes trained on her, obviously paying no mind to whoever was on the other side.

She blushed, sure, but that didn't stop her fingers from tangling with the buttons to pop them open. The shirt's dip widened, revealing more and as her fingers feathered over the exposed skin, his Adam's apple bobbed mesmerizingly. She swallowed, wanting so much to just…

'Listen, I'll talk to you late…ah!' His words ended in a soft sigh, an almost moan, as her teeth buried softly in his neck. After all, he wasn’t the only one who gave hickeys around here.

The phone dropped out of his hands, landing who knew where as his limbs gave out under the sensual assault.

There were familiar, pattering sounds and she didn't need to peek outside to know it was raining. The sound created a perfect backdrop, enclosing them in the private world of their own and she let him move her, pulling her back so he could attack her lips savagely.

Neither of them was aware of the darkness lurking within the numerous trees that sheltered their spot, nothing more than a shadow with an occasional flash of dull red giving the illusion of eyes in the amorphous smoke. 

……………………

Several miles away, Lay jerked awake by something that was tingling within his body. He looked around in a daze, wondering what the cause could be – it was like the tug of a Shadow against his heart but somehow different.

'Wha…?' he muttered sleepily before it hit him. Evil. He was earth-side.

He jumped up and the blood rushed suddenly south, making him dizzy. His hand landed harshly against Chen's chest, against whose bed he'd been sleeping, to regain his balance and a flash of panic went through him as the hit resulted in a spike in Chen's heart rate, the machine beeping wildly.

Panicking even more, he sent an uncontrolled bolt of energy, transferring it straight into Chen's heart. Or tried to anyway. Healing Xiumin and Chen in the long term had been more draining than he'd anticipated and he'd used up his energy, completely. There was nothing left inside him now.

But that was irrelevant now. He checked once more to be sure Chen was indeed okay before running towards the exit. 

'Crap!'

The tug was rapidly vanishing in the time he'd wasted – no, not wasted but spent here and Evil was getting away. He swung the door open and, Intent on chasing Evil even if he had to do it on foot, stepped outside.

Right into the torrent.

He froze right down to his bones, the water easily soaking through his unfortunately low necked tank top and he felt his breath constricting inside his chest. Still, he didn't have the time to go back in and get an umbrella. Evil would escape again and they really needed to get a grip on him.

Sadly, mere determination could only take him so far and it wasn’t long before he was shivering violently and fast losing feeling in his limbs. He wondered if he should be worried about that but seriously, he didn't have the time.

As insistent as the tugging was inside him, it suddenly vanished. He blinked, hand going to his chest as if touching would somehow make it come back. But no, the queasy feeling in his tummy – one he associated with the time he'd first healed Evil – had gone away and there was no tugging or Shadow-like perception of Evil's whereabouts.

Instead, something else began crowding over his vision and he closed his eyes in an effort to wipe it away. No way was he putting himself through that again. He was a healer, plain and simple – or he had been before – and not some damn prophet.

The vision was insistent and several scenes flashed before his eyes before he forced it away.

Angel running at Suho… Suho screaming like a madman, crazed with rage…attacking…

No. He didn't See anything, he never would See anything. Never again.

Tears found their way out of his eyes, slipping down his cheeks and mingling with the rain around him as he stood motionless in the downpour.

He'd had enough – what use was his power when he couldn't do a damn single thing about any of it? What was the point of Seeing if it meant nothing but more pain for him and only him? He'd healed everyone, he took away everybody's pain at the cost of his ability… but what about him? What about his pain? Who would take that away? Who would even know that there something to soothe?

If he couldn't heal, he didn't want anything to do with the other ability he'd been cursed with. Swallowing, he turned and started trudging back to the house. The rain was still going strong and he really couldn't see where he was getting at, so it really wasn't a surprise when he ended up completely lost and unable to find his way home.

He patted around his pockets half-heartedly, hoping he'd find his cellphone there but no luck. Looked like he'd have to wait for someone to come look for him. Sighing, frozen to the bone, he found a small ledge he could slouch under and avoid the worst of the rain.

Bad decision. Soon as he stopped moving, he started shivering uncontrollably, teeth chattering as frigid wind blew and he huddled up on himself, hoping some part of him was dry enough to stop the cold.

He was drenched, through and through and it wasn't long before he started turning blue.

…………………………

'What would you do if you wake up next to a stranger in your bed with no idea how he got there?' Rose as she concentrated on the design she was making, her hand moving with grace and ease of practice.

'Ya, remember who you're talking to.' Lily fake snapped, ruffling Rose's hair affectionately. 'In which world would I ever end up in this situation, huh?'

'Hypothetically speaking.' Rose insisted, picking up a toothpick to add the finer details. Lily watched as she expertly loaded the tip with henna and swirled it in patterns. She envied her sister's talent sometimes but mostly, she was simply awed by it.

'I'm sorry but I find this so out of the realistic setting, it's baffling my mind.' Lily shook her head, then seeing Rose's stubborn glare, gave in. 'I guess I'll scream? Or maybe kick him out and beat the hell out of him before asking any questions.'

'Bet you wouldn't be able to say a word.' Rose glanced up in the mirror in front of her, winking at Lily's refection. Lily rolled her eyes and started kneading the dough she'd been working on.

'Focus on your art, brat.' She told her.

'Bully.' Rose pouted but resumed her work.

Rose was right, Lily thought as she stared at the body beside her and gulped. I really did lose my tongue.

But she really had no idea how she ended up having a stranger in her bed. She was pretty sure she'd ditched her date before returning home. Unless…

Did he spike my drink? She wondered, the beginnings of panic fluttering around inside her. No, calm down. Think back.

She'd definitely ditched the guy, told him in clear words she didn’t want to see him again. Then she'd boarded the bus and come back home. She didn't remember stopping on the way or bumping into anyone on the way to the shop…

But then again, she really had no clear memory of how she got into her bed or out of that stupid, uncomfortably tight dress. Yet here she was, only in a shirt and exposing way more than she normally did. Her eyes widened. Had she done the impossible and – and…

As if in answer to her question, the man turned, exposing a blond head and a very well defined back, muscles bunching as he twitched in his sleep. She leaned over, getting closer cautiously to ascertain he was indeed as underdressed as she was – in which case she'd have to accept things at face value and assume something must've happened last night. Then, she'd kick his out of her bed and…

Sscczzipp!

The sound was loud, too loud in the silence and she yelped in surprise.

Her reaction, however, was nothing compared to the guy beside her. He let out a terrified yet angered roar and was out of the bed and onto the cause of the sound – apparently an intruder – in less than a second.

'Ya, ya, it's only me! Calm down!!!'

Lily took the opportunity to pull the covers up to her chin, before focusing on the person – he'd sounded quite familiar – and …

'Kai?' Her voice attracted Kai's attention towards her and he blushed, hurriedly looking away. 'Sorry, I didn't think about that… I'll just leave you two…'

Wait, she'd heard something along those lines before. Did that mean the almost- hottie in her bed was Xiumin?? When had he gone blonde???

'Calm down, please, it's just me…' Kai pleaded again and Lily realized Xiumin had pinned the younger guy against the doorway and was, from the looks of it, steadily squeezing the breath out of him. Kai was twitching, trying to get away but was stuck in place for some reason… was that ice shackling him???

She shook her head. What was more important was that her previously-AWOL-business-partner was about to kill his own brother in a deluded, possibly hallucinatory, nightmare induced state and he needed to be brought back to reality.

Pushing her awkwardness away, Lily pushed the covers off and grabbed the water bottle she always kept on the side-table before sneaking up on Xiumin and emptying the contents on his head and the back of his neck.

Xiumin gave a violent jerk before letting out a high-pitched squeal that assured her he was definitely awake. Kai gave her a weak, sort-of-embarrassed-but-mostly-grateful smile before sitting down on the floor. Meanwhile, Xiumin was dancing around and it had to be the funniest sight she'd seen in a long while.

She giggled, relieved to have finally seen him. She'd had this terrible image of him, full of pins and covered in loads and loads of stitches after what Tiffany had told her. But he looked okay – a whole lot thinner than before, yes, and covered in scars and burn marks all over his arms, chest and abdomen, probably even his thighs from the looks of it – but okay on the whole.

He stilled at the sound, eyes widening for a moment before he turned to look at her.

He must've been having a nightmare, she thought as she spied the sweat coating his brow, his eyes rather wild and the frank horror that passed over his face as he saw Kai collapsed behind her. A horrible one.  

He swallowed, looking close to panicking so she spoke up. 'Kai's fine. Really.'

He finally met her eyes and gave the smallest smile.

'G...' he cleared his throat, 'Good to know.' Then he looked at her apologetically and as always, it didn’t take words to communicate. Nodding her head, she headed towards the living room.

………………………

Xiumin watched Lily leave the room before rushing to Kai's side and grabbing his wrists – they were bruised blue due to the icy manacles.

'I'm fine.' Kai assured him, pushing himself up. 'Just a little winded.'

Xiumin didn't say anything, just swallowed and tried to settle his racing heart. He could've done so much harm and would've kept on believing he was killing Evil's minions instead of his own brother – just like he'd killed his…

No, it wasn't your fault, his rational side insisted. Evil was playing with your head and there was nothing you could've done.

 It was one thing to understand that logically and quite another to accept it. Whether Evil had manipulated him or not, it didn't erase the fact that he'd killed his own blood once. And had been going in the same direction this second time.

. This was why he pushed all his memories away and didn't think about it. This was why he kept himself aloof. If there was no one he cared about, Evil couldn't manipulate him into doing something like that ever again.

All the reasons for being the cold person he had been slammed back into his head.

Chen's disappearance and everything that followed had made him forget the danger he put everyone in when he opened himself up to warmth and affection, made himself vulnerable.

Shaking his head, he stood up, helping Kai up as well. 'Why?' he asked, unable to trust his voice.

Kai was flushing a little and didn't meet his eyes. 'It's okay. I… it was inconsiderate to just burst in like that.'

Xiumin stared at him, wondering what he was going on about. Since when had his brothers respected each other's privacy?

Lily's voice floated inside. 'I'm making toast and eggs, is that okay?'

'Yeah, okay.'

Kai shifted uncomfortably. 'I'll leave you to it, then.' 

'Hmm?' He wondered why the cub was fidgeting around like that. 'No, stay. It's alright.'

Absently, he raised his arm to scratch his chest, his fingers coming in contact with bare skin. And then it hit him. He was wearing little more than his underwear and Lily had, from what he'd seen, only a shirt on and it really didn’t take much to know how it would appear to anyone.

Oh. Heat spread across his cheeks.  

'I'll just throw something on before we go out, okay?' he muttered, hurrying over to his wardrobe. Kai merely nodded.

When they stepped out, he noticed with a lot of relief that Lily had put on a dress that looked way too fancy for casual wearing but at least, it covered her up decently. She threw a smile over her shoulder and nodded towards the table. 'In a minute.'

Thanking her, they took the seats and waited for their breakfast while Kai told him why he'd come bursting in in a low tone.

'Honestly, you did exactly what I was hoping for,' he finished. 'Freezing me like that. I was getting out of control.'

Xiumin merely nodded, then smiled in thanks when Lily put the food in front of them and joined the table.

'Dig in.' She told them. They did.

………………………

A/N: 

So... Suho and Angel fluff because I love them and Evil looming ominously in the background. Lay's condition...I'll explain it more ahead but I think its obvious what he's going through... at least, I hope I made it obvious. Okay and who's curious about Xiumin? His character is kind of inspired by Elsa and Jack Frost ( yeah JELSA!!!!) - they're quite similar to how I wanted to characterise Xiumin and well... they're both wield ice :D 

Also. Lily was right to lose her tongue because if Kamasutra senpai ended up in my bed... X_X Seriously though, just look at this fine piece of blonde:

I didn't dig his pink hair initially but the blonde totally got to me and I HAD to put it in the story :D

Also, Muscles... I love muscles ;3; and this Baozi has tonnes of 'em TuT here's a preview of the back Lily saw...  

 

and the front... 

 (<---- Me Right now... whew, I think I should make this chapter rated XD)

Seriously though... what would you do if someone this hot ended up in your bed?? Attack him? Shriek you head off? or quietly try to sneak off because this ain't the first time it happened? I'm curious :D Let me know

Until later :) Wish me luck for my exams