Chapter 6

Pet Shop Love

                Karina rides train to go Yamada’s Household and use the time to read the book. It seem the book hold what Ryosuke wonder about. She begin wonder why she never remember about that matter before as she always remember when she write something in her book even only briefly stick in her mind.

                She make sure the book safe in her bag before step out from the train station. She make stop at a bakery to buy cakes. She knows Ryosuke would need something sweet when know about the truth. She keep telling that nothing would change the fact the girl that Ryosuke tries to remember closer than they think.

                While on the way, she bump into Rin that seem on the way to somewhere. She asks, “Why you’re here?”

                “Do I need reason to be here?” ask Rin coldly.

                Karina panic with that question as she never think she would ask that kind of question as it not weird to see her around there. She make excuses, “Gomen, I just… kind of forget where am I.”

                “You should be more careful or you would only make everyone worry about you.” Say Rin. Karina could only nod before excuse herself.

******************

                Ryosuke can’t stay calm as he knows he will learn about something about he already forget. His mom notices his uneasiness and asks, “What’s wrong with you?”

                “I’m just waiting for Karina-chan to come here. She’s sure take too long to reach here.” Say Ryosuke.

                “Of course since her training place is far from here. You should learn to wait patiently.” Say Mrs. Yamada.

                Ryosuke notice his mom seem like prepare something at kitchen that make his says, “You said you want to go out with your friends but why are you doing?”

                “I’m preparing tea for Karina-chan. If I left it to you, Karina-chan will died in thirst here. No one else at home right now as you sisters decide to help your dad at his shop.” Say his mom. She finish everything before leave the house.

                Karina reach there few minutes after that and says, “Oh, I met oba-san when almost reach here and she ask me to tell you not to do anything weird.”

                “Ka-san… she worries over weird things.” Say Ryosuke. He goes to kitchen to take the drink that his mom already prepare while Karina make herself comfortable at living room. Since she always go there and already used to it, she has her own favourite seat where it’s couch just beside window.

                Ryosuke put tea cup in front of Karina and wait for her to say something but that girl only take the drink to enjoy the flavour. She says, “Wah, I really miss your mom’s tea.”

                “Hey! I’m not invite you here to let you drink tea while remember about your past.” Say Ryosuke in annoyance.

                Karina remember her real intention to be there and take out a notebook that has label ‘Keep out!’ before push it towards him. She says, “Read it by yourself and I already mark where you should read. Those are importance parts that you really want to know.”

                She just let him focus on the book while she goes to kitchen to serve cakes for both of them and other slices keep it cold place for others. She notice Ryosuke’s eyes become wide while reading the book. He put that aside before asks, “Are you sure this is true?”

                “So far, that the only evident we have about your lost memory. You want to try to ask that girl?” Karina come out with that plan even she is not the one that will do it.

****************

                Karina goes to school like usual but as soon she step into the school compound, she get pour by something from above before hear people laughing at her. Her ears also caught ‘conversation’ or should be insult towards her.

                “Wah! That really stinky!”

                “That’s what she get when get near our Yamada-kun!”

                “I heard she also work at Okamoto’s Pet Shop.”

                “She must use dirty way to get near them.”

                “She should realize who she is.”

                I heard she is in secret.”

                Those insult getting worse and worse that make Karina froze at her standing. She can’t make any move as her mind blank at that moment. Suddenly, she feel something drape on her shoulder and surprise to see it is Keito that give his blazer to her while Ryosuke join her a bit later and she could see that guy really annoy at that moment. She knows make her childhood friend annoy is the last thing she would ever done in her life.

                Ryosuke look towards those who pour the liquid before shout, “You think you’re great enough to do something like this to her? She should realize who is she? Let me tell you something, she is my childhood that I promise to protect from es like you girls.”

                “She is not but she is hard worker. She choose to do something that she’s not good at to improve herself.” Say Keito. He grab hold of Karina’s hand before drag her out from the compound. Ryosuke also follow them and it seem Rin also already wait for them.

                Ryosuke says, “It seem we will have you to clean up first before we go somewhere to discuss about something.”

                After Karina clean up herself and everyone change into casual clothes, they walk into a café that has hidden place for them. Rin look towards her and says, “You owe something that really big to explain to us.”

                “About?” Karina couldn’t understand as she still surprise on what happen. She admits her already being bully by those girls for quite of time but she never want to let any of them know about it.

                Keito quickly interrupt them, “She still in shock on what happen. Give her time.”

                “She already get too long. She hides about my memory that I had met Ryosuke before for too long. Four years she hides from everyone.” Rin almost shout it.

                “I’m not hiding it. I also forget about it. I seal it at place that no one would ever think it possible as I already promise to Ryosuke that no one should know about it. He only think about your safety. I only know about Rin because Ryosuke told me about everything.” Say Karina.

                Keito remember something, “Four years? That’s around the time when papa brought Rin-chan into our family.”

                “I’m being told that I get into the family because he want to give new life for me. It seem I forget about what really happen because of shock and trauma.” Say Rin.

                Karina shook her head, “No, your real family actually plan to kill you but Ryosuke decide to rescue you. We… I mean my sister and I witness Ryosuke fall from high place without know what happen on the top. I try to go there after what happen and the place really clean, like nothing happen there. I also forget when I get into too many troubles after that.”

                “You should found out about that matter sooner.” Say Keito.

                Ryosuke answer on that girl’s behalf, “She found the book at place where she always practice horse-riding.”

                Keito curious over something and asks, “If both of them lose memory and you only heard from him, how you could know about it is Rin-chan?”

                Karina take out the notebook and show the picture of Ryosuke with Rin in front of a building, “I get this picture from him and keep it inside the book.”

                “So, it clear both of you are lover before. Now, let’s put that thing aside.” Keito quickly put the end as he sense Karina begin scared with Rin who start glare her. He says, “We need to do something about those who bully you.”

                “Yeah, why you never tell at least to me about it? We could do something for it.” Say Ryosuke.

                “I don’t want to ask help from anyone. I want to handle it by myself.” Say Karina.

                Rin cut-in, “But you can’t handle them. I always could witness what they do to you. You should have some reinforcement to fight them.”

                “If that really happen, your popularity would be go to drain.” Say Karina.

                Ryosuke annoy, “Who cares about popularity? I never ask for that matter. What I want is just you to be safe. I already promise your late dad that I will protect you when your brother not around.”

******************

                “How could four of you skip school today?” Kenichi really furious when know about it.

                Karina step forward before says, “It’s my fault. They just rescue me from something bad that happen at school. If not because of them, I may has to survive school with stinky clothes.”

                Kenichi ask about her uniform that make Karina says, “Oh, I already send it to dobby shop but don’t tell my family about it or they will scold me again.”

                “Let’s get ready for work. Customers already wait for our services.” Say Keito and they just go to staff room to change clothes.

                Rin invite Karina to somewhere after work and when the boys want to join, she says, “We have girls’ business after this.”

                Both of them go to shop that sell fake tattoo and Rin says, “You should have a tattoo to scare them. You don’t have to worry because it just fake tattoo.”

                “But why suddenly?” ask Karina.

                “I just happen want new tattoo for myself. It always help me to scare those es off.” Say Rin.

                Karina walk around the shop while watch Rin begin choose what she want. She notice a nice tattoo that has design of dragon and know that could give courage to her. She say to worker, “I want this.”

                Rin surprise when see Karina gets her tattoo that has long drawing where the head will come out from the collar at her neck. She says, “Wow, you choose great one.”

                “I choose this because my name has dragon in it.” Say Karina.

                When both of them leave the shop, they face angry Keito who wait in front of the shop. They hear he says, “I know something wrong with it. You buy new tattoo again, right? I already remind you that you shouldn’t have any tattoo.” He notice something at Karina, “You make her get tattoo?”

                “Keito-kun, it is me who want it and I’m the one that choose the tattoo. At least, this tattoo would help me to gather courage.” Say Karina. She quickly cover the head of tattoo using her palm.

                Keito leaves out huge sigh before says, “Just forget it. You forget to take your receipt for your dry cleaning and we just get call it already done. Let’s take your uniform before I send you home.”

                “How about I send Rin-chan back while you accompany Karina-chan?” Ryosuke suddenly join them. They surprise with his sudden presence but manage to agree with that idea. He actually follow Keito from behind as he thinks he want to talk about something with Rin but that girl gone too fast.

                While Ryosuke and Rin walk together, he decide to take the chance, “Ne, want to begin again? From what I read, we have been in relationship for long time.”

                “I don’t remember anything about us and my behaviour may different from before this.” Say Rin.

                Ryosuke give her a hug before says, “I’m okay with it as we will create new moments that no one could create.” He break the hug, “Maa, let’s send you back home before Keito reach home or he will furious again. I really understand how protective he is towards his sister.”