Chapter 11

Pet Shop Love

                Karina waits for the other three at the front gate while feels excited because she could work at pet shop again. She knows her life slowly getting better and she also begin gain courage for her to face the day. She checks her phone to see mail from Tomohiko that attach of a picture of new clothing that he buys for her again.

                “It’s really nice to have time to spacing out while smiling like an idiot when we will be really busy at shop.” Mock Rin that snap Karina back to earth and she quickly keep her phone in her bag.

                Four of them walk to the pet shop but Karina and Keito walk a bit further from the couple to give some space for them. Keito says, “Papa told me that we will get new worker at the shop. He wants to work there because he loves cats.”

                “Really?! That would be interesting to meet him today.” Karina sound really happy but the guy next to him seem not please with that.

***************

                Kenichi introduce the new worker to them, “This is Inoo Kei.”

                “Inoo Kei desu, nice to meet all of you.” Say Kei in high spirit. He abruptly holds Karina’s hands and says, “I hope we can work together and be a good friend to each other.”

                “Me too, Inoo-san.” Say Karina with blushes on her face because of that sudden contact.

                “Just call me Kei and I will call you Karina-chan.” Say Kei.

                Kenichi cough a bit to gain back attention before explains, “Kei and Karina-chan will handle the front shop, Ryosuke at café and others for grooming services.”

                They begin the business where everyone busy with those tasks but Keito could see how close Kei with Karina every time he sends back pets to their owners. He could see how Kei helps Karina to hold pets but the way of he’s doing it make him annoy a bit; it look like that guy just want to hug her from back.

                “Focus on your work, dude!” Rin slaps back of Keito’s head.

                Keito rubs the spot where he gets hit and says, “That’s itai, baka! You should be gentler as you’re a girl. Why you only have soft spot with Yama-chan?”

                “We have work right now and no time to worry if someone wants to snatch your girlfriend.” Scold Rin before she proceeds to her tasks.

                Keito just return back to his task but then, realize what Rin tells him that make him mumble, “She is not even my girlfriend!”

********************

                After the shop close, Kei gets near to Karina and says, “Karina-chan, let’s go back! I will send you back home as it really dangerous for you to walk alone.”

                Karina blushes before say yes and leave together with him. Ryosuke seem thinking something and when he finally remembers, “It seems Keito-kun will get hard time to get her.”

                “What do you mean by that?” ask Rin.

                “I get feeling like I have meet him before and now I’m remember, he is Karina-chan’s first love.” Explain Ryosuke.

                Kenichi who happen to hear the conversation and says, “Wow, she get some nice taste on guy but how they know each other?”

                “Before this, Karina has stay with our grandparent during her parent really busy with their work. Her older siblings had stayed at boarding house. That Inoo Kei happens to be their neighbour and the one that always play with her. From there, she fall in love with him but she can’t tell him about her feeling as her parent take her back.” Ryosuke explains it.

                “It seems she will be with her first love again.” Say Kenichi. He pats Keito’s shoulder and says, “You have to work harder to grab her heart.”

                “What are you talking about?” Keito really want to brush it off.

*******************

                “Kei-kun, thanks for the ride. I never know you will have great car.” Say Karina when arrive in front of the house.

                “You’re welcome. It really nice to meet you back even you couldn’t recognize me.” Say Kei.

                “Hey! You’re also the same. You only realize when we talk about Akai-kun, the cat that Tomoyuki has before.” Say Karina. Both of them only realize about that when they met a cat that has similar features with her brother’s previous cat.

                Karina gets off from the car and asks, “Are you sure you don’t want to meet Tomoyuki first? I bet both of you have a lot of stories.”

                “I don’t want to disturb him and you should get rest too. Tomorrow will be another busy day for us.” Say Kei. He drives off his car away from there and Karina only watches it before turn and surprise to see her brother already wait at the door.

                “Is that Kei?” ask Tomoyuki.

                Karina mocks him, “I will tell you since your eyes really bad; yes, he is Kei-kun and he just begins working at the pet shop.”

                “Work at pet shop? I thought he just graduate from famous university and become architect?” Tomoyuki surprise with that as he knows how that guy really want to build various building and become famous. Karina could only lift up her shoulders since she hasn’t asked that guy about that matter.

***********

                Keito thinks he could have a talk with Karina when she arrive in front of school but it seem his plan vaporize when see that girl arrive with him. She seems really happy and has smile that he never sees on her face. He knows many things happen to that girl and it could take time to gain her smile but that Kei guy could make her smile in less than a day.

                He just walks to shoes locker to change his shoes without care to greet Karina. He feels like his heart being broken into thousands pieces. He always wants to get close with her and become her white knight but it always has barrier.

                Rin turn to him when she arrive in the class and says, “It really rare to see you in such a depress mode. I’m sure your fans will kill her if they know what make you like this.”

                “It’s not only you could be together with Yama-chan.” Say Keito.

                Ryosuke says, “You should at least tell her about your feeling towards her. Even that guy is her first love, you won’t ever know if she still has feeling towards him or not.”

                “What make you sound so confident?” Keito slightly annoy when think if that girl actually still has feeling towards that guy and he will get reject harshly. He won’t even dare to face her anywhere when she’s around.

                “Three of you over there! Stop talking as right is for homeroom!” scolds the sensei that make full stop on that topic.

******************

                Karina feels really happy when she’s finally meet again with Kei. He is the one that help her when she’s in trouble while stay with her grandparent.  She could hardly focus on lesson when remember how close that guy with her when doing work yesterday.

                “Well, well, you seem really happy!” an annoying voice interrupts her thinking.

                She knows it is from the person who pushes her into the pool.  She couldn’t lift up her head to look at the person as she still scared with her. She asks, “W-what do you w-want?”

                “Follow us right now.” Say that girl. Karina can’t oppose as she being pull forcefully and stumble while walking.

                When arrive at rooftop, she being pushes to the wall that hurt her back. One of the girls says, “You’re such a ! After you snatch away Okamoto-kun and make Nakajima-kun get into trouble, now you’re going to trap another ikemen under your palm! Maybe you’re actually a witch since there would be impossible for those guys fall with such a boring girl like you!”

                “I don’t d-do anything!” plead Karina.

                “Ne, maybe we should undress her to take the pictures and give to everyone in this school.” Another girl gives an idea.

                Karina begins panic as those girls begin tore her clothing but she can’t scream or ask for help since they cover . Her tears drop from her eyes that give signal that she really hopes someone will come to stop everything. She knows that she’s just too weak against those bullies and her mind begin replay her dark memories with her evil brother.

                “What are you girls doing? Can I join you girls?” Karina knows that is Rin’s voice and it really sound that she has evil intention at that moment.

                It seems Rin alone there without any sign of Keito or Ryosuke around. Those bullies laugh at her and ask, “You think you can beat all of us?”

                “Hm… if you like those pro-wrestler, maybe I can’t do it but with bimbo like all of you, it will be a piece of cake. All of you only know how to get nice manicure and cake up your face with powders to cover your ugly appearance.” Mock Rin with a smirk on her face. Karina knows that face is really dangerous and it will only create really deep trouble. She cracks her fingers and says, “So, which one of you ready to become my first beat-up victim?”