Chapter 8

Pet Shop Love

                Kento help her to return home after she get discharge from hospital. She mutters, “It seem I already become regular at this hospital. Before this, I also admit here.”

                Kento let out tiny chuckles before gently hold her hand and says, “Don’t worry about that because after this, I will make sure you always safe around me.”

                Karina’s heart pounding with that simple gesture and could feel blood rushes to her face. Kento giggles to see her response, “You really kawaii with your blush face.”

                “Don’t tease me!” pout Karina. Kento pulls her hand to leave the hospital compound without realize Keito watch all their movement from far. He watch that guy brings her to somewhere to relax before walk away from that place.

                Kento asks, “Why you work at Moto Pet Shop?” both of them walk into a café to relax and also fill their tummy. He really curious as he knows someone like her won’t even think to work there.

                “My childhood friend ask me to join him to apply for the part-time work. I just agree since I think that I can get extra money for myself.” Say Karina as take bite of her cake. Even she is really picky over everything that she eats, that cake is totally different as it doesn’t leave bad aftertaste that she always feel before this. She mumbles, “Oishii!”

                “Deshou?!” Kento become happy to hear it before says, “I know you will love it! This café serves the best cake you ever taste!”

                Karina make a guess based on his reaction, “You always come to this café?”

                “Yes, I always come here with my gang to hang out.” Say Kento happily.

                “Gang?” that term tick up her curiosity before Kento says, “Yeah! Even I look like this, I’m actually 8th generation leader of a gang. We’re not dangerous gang but just a group of people that always spend time together. I become their leader by accidental but it really fun to know them.”

                “That sound really nice ne… I never have any other friends apart from Ryosuke-chan.” Say Karina. The reason why she never has other friend is because everyone scared with one of her brother, Tomohiko. Her brother belong to group that could cause dangerous is anything bad happen, even she never know what is it.

                When she still in deep thought, Kento grab her hand before says, “I like you, Karina-chan! Will you be my girlfriend?”

                “That’s so sudden!” say Karina who clearly surprise with his words.

                Kento look straight into Karina’s eyes, “I always watch you from far before this and I really want beautiful smile always decorate your face. That sour face doesn’t suit you at all. Please give me chance for it.” He break the eye contact, “I know I sound desperate but I really want to protect you.”

********************

                Kenichi really surprise when Karina tell him that she want to quit from work as part-timer there. Rin who also happen to be there, asks, “Why you suddenly make that decision? I thought you really like your work here!”

                “I like but…” Karina doesn’t know to explain it.

                “Because that guy ask you to quit?” a voice interrupt them. They turn to see it is Keito, leans on the door frame.

                “Why you’re saying like that?” ask Kenichi while Karina only shut as it is true that someone ask her to quit.

                Keito says something in angry tone, “Someone named Nakajima Kento ask her to do that. Even I’m sure he tells you to do that just because he doesn’t want his girlfriend to be in trouble, but I’m sure there is other intention under his sleeves.”

                “You don’t have right to say that! It’s true that he ask me to quit but I agree because I already tired with this work. I really happy to get chance for working here and thanks of everything.” Say Karina before walk away from that place. She leaves the shop and run towards Kento who waiting for her, not far from there. She hugs Kento before cry in his arms while he only pats her head gently.

*****************

                “You know something about what happen, right?” Rin say that because it really rare for Keito to lose his cool even in worst case scenario. Kenichi just ask them to continue their work and put stop on that topic.

                Keito mess up his nicely style hair before says, “That guy is not serious on her! He only a jerk!”

                “That doesn’t answer the question, Keito but for sure, you know something about him.” Say Rin while try to hold her temper. Keito doesn’t want to say anything as he knows it will only bring unnecessary chaos.

                Rin decide to ask Ryosuke who working at café upstairs as she knows both guy always talk about many things and keep each other secrets, “Ne, do you know anything about someone named Nakajima Kento?”

                Ryosuke gasps with that question but try to act nothing happen. He reply, “I only know him as womanizer at our school. Every girls really interested with his charm that really ‘dazzling’.”

                She detect something as she knows that guy gasps even just for seconds, “I’m sure that is not the only things.”

                Ryosuke casually serve cake and tea for her before says, “You will know about it when Keito want to tell you. For now, we can only hope she will be okay.”

                “You already know she quit?” ask Rin. She think only Kenichi, Keito and her know about it as that matter being discuss in the office while Ryosuke busy at the café. There is no way he could know about it.

                Ryosuke collect dirty coffee cup from other table, “Yeah, we kinda have a talk before we reach here and she already told me that she will tell by herself. I already try to stop her but nothing works.”

                “That bastard is controlling her…” mumble Rin.

                She has been looking for chance to talk with Karina but no luck as Kento always around that girl. Ryosuke come out with an idea, “Let’s go to her house as there will be no sign of that guy there and we may get some information from her.”

*****************

                “She hasn’t come back home lately. The last time she return home, she bring along changes of clothes and school’s necessities.” Say Tomoyuki while put a big snake back to its cage. Rin kind of amaze when see there are several snakes in the house.

                Ryosuke sound his worries, “That’s really suspicious. Right, Rin?” that girl still amazes with snakes as she never meet one before.

                Tomoyuki notice it and asks, “You want one as pet? I can give one of it to you as gift.”

                Rin snaps of from it and says, “Daijoubu, I think Keito will freak out if we have one at home as he really afraid of it.”

                Suddenly, a guy with suspicious appearance join them and happily announce like little kids, “I’m home!!”

                “Urusai, Tomohiko! Could you come home without loud noise?” scold Tomoyuki as he glares to that guy.

                Tomohiko notice there are guests and rush to hug Ryosuke, “Chibi-chan, you’re here! Are you here to visit me? Don’t tell me that you’re here because you finally accept my love confession?”

                Rin really surprise to see how different that guy look and how he act. Ryosuke shove him off before says, “I’m here for something else and I won’t accept yours as I already have my lover.”

                Tomohiko pouts that make Tomoyuki says, “Bring that stupid attitude of yours to other place! We in serious business right now!”

                Rin exchanges glance with Ryosuke to ask who that guy is and he says, “He is Karina’s eldest brother, Tomohiko. As you look, he is leader of a dangerous gang but under that kind of face, he is… gay.” He whisper the last word, not to let anyone other than Rin hear it.

                Tomohiko looks around and asks, “Where is Karina-chan? I have present for her! I found the most beautiful jacket for her and I know she would love it!”

                “Baka! She hasn’t return home for days!” Tomoyuki really annoy with his eldest brother’s attitude that really different once he step out from the house. He silently clutch his fist not to hit his eldest brother in the house.

                Ryosuke pulls Rin behind him before says, “Your beloved sister with someone named, Nakajima Kento. He is someone that only want her for nothing good.”

                “Nakajima Kento?” Tomohiko knows that name that make he lose his temper and punch the wall, “How dare that bastard touch my sister? I will kill him!”

                Tomoyuki quickly take out something seem like needle before inject it to Tomohiko’s arm that make him faint on the spot. He says, “Ah, that really dangerous! Ryosuke, you should know where we are before tick off his switch. It just lucky I still have sedative to put him into deep sleep.”

                “What just happen?” Rin can’t understand anything at the moment.

                “If he lose his temper, nothing will stop him. His nickname is Red Beast and it really dangerous as he won’t think rationally when he in that mode. Maa… there is only one thing that could make him get into that mode so far is Karina-chan.” Say Tomoyuki.

                Rin make solution, “It seem I won’t mention anything about her when meet him.”

                “That is the better way.” Say Ryosuke.

****************

                Keito helps Kenichi to manage finance for that day’s business as his dad has other work after close the shop. His mind can’t stop thinking what happen to Karina. He shakes his head, “What am I thinking? I should finish this.”

                He quickly focus on the task and finish it while make sure it is in neat. He lock the shop and just walk away. He really worry about Karina as he knows that guy really is but he doesn’t have any courage to tell Karina or that girl will hurt.

                He reach at the park that near to Karina’s house without he realize it. He take sit on the swing to relax himself and stare to night stars decorate the black sky. His mind replay the first time he met Karina.

Flashback~

                Keito just finish his practise at basketball club and feel a bit down when get scold by his senpai. Even it just small matter, it really affect him. He becomes the last one who leave the school compound. He accidentally run into a girl who seem in rush to get somewhere. The girl says, “I’m really sorry. I’m in rush.”

                “It’s okay. I know it’s not your fault.” says Keito. That girl just bow before run into the school building. Keito remember he want to keep something in his locker and by the time he want to leave the school building, rain pouring hard outside the building. He sigh, “I should bring umbrella. Why weather forecast never correct?”

                While he tries to figure out on how to go back home, a voice interrupt his thinking, “Do you want to share umbrella with me?”

                He turn to see the same girl that run into him and just agree as the rain would long before it shop. He tries to make conversation, “Thanks for share the umbrella and I surprise you bring such a big umbrella, like you already know it will rain.”

                “Oh, I just look at sky and know it will rain soon. Ah, I’m Karina.” say the girl with gentle smile.

                “I’m Keito and it really great to know the weather by looking the sky.” Praise Keito.

                Karina’s face has slight blush before says, “It just something that our siblings inherit from late dad. We learn really hard to ensure the knowledge will be pass through generations.”

                Both of them walk together to train station as Keito has to ride train to get home while Karina live somewhere near to that train station. He says, “Thanks for let me share the umbrella and even accompany me here. You don’t use train, right?”

                “My house just few blocks from here.” Say Karina. They bid goodbye and go to separate way where they never talk anymore.

End of flashback~

                Keito slaps himself before says, “Stop thinking about it!” he leave out sigh, “I better go home right now.” While on the way back, he catch some conversation from suspicious people, “We will use this as weapon to win our territory back from them. that girl’s brother will do anything for her without care of other thing.”