Chapter 3

Pet Shop Love

                Keito always curious on Karina phobia with animals even he could see that girl work really hard to cure it. Both of them walk together without say anything to each other. Keito pick-up his courage to ask, “What happen that make you afraid of animals?”

                “Oh…. It just someone who always use animal to get what he want and I really hate that person. Gomen ne for making you send me back home.” Say Karina while her eyes waver all around the place. She suddenly feels guilty to make Keito has to send her back home as she thinks he must already his own plan after work.

                “It’s okay since I worry about your safety. You’re not like Rin-chan who know any martial art to defend yourself.” Say Keito.

                Karina suddenly stop her steps and slowly clutches her fists, “I really hate myself when realize how weak I am and that’s why I just let Ryosuke-chan drag me to work at your shop. He always do whatever he thinks the best for me. He knows I always want to cure my phobia.”

                “I hope I could help you to cure just like what he does.” Say Keito in small voice. He afraid if that girl heard him and would reject him and run away.

                Karina gently smiles, “You really help me to in that matter and you actually help a lot. I get feeling I will cure from it real soon.”

                While both of them in middle of enjoy the moment, a big dog run towards them and bite Karina’s hand. She scream in pain while Keito try really hard to make the dog release the bite. Then, they hear someone’s voice that make Karina’s body shivering, “You think you already cure from that phobia? I will always make you scared of it back again and again.”

                “Who are you?” ask Keito.

                “She doesn’t say anything about me? That really nice of her because help me to hide who is me. I’m someone that make her really afraid of animals. Maybe I should say she is my slave.” Say Tomohisa.

                “I’m not your slave!” shout Karina even she still crying. Her hand already hurt really bad and lose a lot of blood.

                “Let her go!” shout Keito but the dog won’t let go. The situation become worse when Karina faints that tell her condition become worse.

*******************

                Ryosuke runs to hospital together with one of Karina’s brother, Tomoyuki. They really surprise when get phone call from Kenichi that tell Karina and Keito being admit into hospital. They ask about the other two condition but, “Both of them still inside there. It seem their condition really critical when bring here.”

                “You think Tomohisa did this?” ask Tomoyuki.

                “We don’t about it yet. They being admit here because the hospital get phone call from citizen who happen to pass-by.” Say Kenichi.

                A doctor leaves the emergency room and notice Tomoyuki before quickly says, “Ah, it is good to see you’re here. Could you donate blood for Karina-chan? I can’t do it right now as my hands full.”

                “I understand, show me the way.” Then, the doctor and Tomoyuki leave the place.

                Ryosuke explain to Kenichi and Rin, “The doctor is Karina-chan’s sister, Karen-nee while the guy is her brother, Tomoyuki-kun. He is under Tomohisa. We get feeling that guy will disturb Karina but never think will become this worse and around time like this. We guess he use big dog as Tomohisa really love big dog.”

                “Everything happen without waiting for us to get ready. That’s explain how this could happen. I never know that guy really dangerous.” Say Kenichi.

                Rin suddenly come out with something, “Maybe Karina injured because of the dog while Keito injured because fight with him since he is ex-boxer.”

                “How you could know about it?” ask Ryosuke. Rin just explain about her encounter with that guy when help Karina before this.

                Kenichi asks, “Why you never tell us before this?”

                “None of you ever ask about that.” Reply Rin coldly.

                Ryosuke grab her collar and scold, “You know we need to know about that! Her life in dangerous right now! Do you really want her to die? So, your brother won’t be disturb by her?”

                Kenichi hold Ryosuke’s hand, “Relax, Ryosuke-kun. It’s not time for you to do this.”

                Ryosuke just let go that make Rin really surprise with it as she knows that guy rarely lose temper. Kenichi continue talking, “I know you really care about Karina-chan but by put the blame to anyone won’t help in this moment. We could only wait and pray for both of them.”

                Ryosuke take his seat and face-palmed to relax himself. He knows he need to calm down at the moment. Kenichi assist Rin who still in shock to take seat far from that guy before look at the emergency door.

                After few hours waiting, the door open and a doctor walk towards Kenichi, “Are you family with the young man?”

                Kenichi stands up, “Yes, he is my son. How is his condition?”

                “His injuries is not life-threating but he will have to stay hospital for few days for observation.” Say the doctor.

                “How about Karina-chan?” Ryosuke ask about it.

                “Karen-sensei still work hard to rescue as she has possibilities to lose her arm. It may take a while.” Say the doctor. He just bow before leave the place.

********************

                “We manage to rescue her but it may take a while for her to recover.” Say Karen.

                Tomoyuki clutches his fist, “He just get released from jail but already make problem! He already out of control!”

                Karen quickly stop him, “If you think to fight with him, I have to admit it only stupid way to deal.”

                “I’m going to make police report to make sure he will get on what he did to my sister. Just because she’s weak, doesn’t mean he’s free to do whatever on her.” Say Tomoyuki before dashes out from the room.

                Kenichi surprise to meet Tomoyuki that seem fumes out when he on the way to visit Karina. He asks, “Is there anything happen?”

                “Just leave him alone. Our male member of the family really short-tempered.” Reply Karen.

                Ryosuke introduce, “Karen-nee, this is manager from the shop that we work, Kenichi-san. Kenichi-san, this is Karina-chan’s sister, Karen who also doctor in this hospital.”

                “Thank you for take care of my sister.” Say Karen.

                Kenichi also say same thing before asks, “How’s her condition?”

                “She’s fine but it may has deep scar on her emotional which a bit hard to cure.” Say Karen.

****************

                Ryosuke, Rin and Kenichi work hard for the pet shop even each of them worry about Keito and Karina. Keito already awake but can’t get discharge yet as his injuries not fully heal yet while Karina still in comatose. When come to break time, Kenichi says, “Both of you can take break first while I handle the rest.”

                “I’m still okay. There are a lot customers right now.” Say Ryosuke before he go towards a customer. Rin also give the same reply. Somehow, that response make Kenichi feel proud and he continue his task as that day, the shop really busy than before.

                When they close the shop, Kenichi asks, “Want to visit them after this?”

                “Maybe not for today. I already agree to help Tomoyuki-kun today. Maybe I will visit them tomorrow.” Say Ryosuke.

                Rin goes straight to Keito’s ward after work while Kenichi decide to check on Karina first. Rin place something on the table, “Papa bought this for you as he think you may tired with hospital’s meal.”

                “Thanks. Where is him?” Keito put down a book that he currently read.

                Rin take seat not far from the bed, “He want to visit that girl first since she hasn’t gain her conscious yet.”

                “It must be hard for her as it affect her emotional aspect more than physical.” Mumble Keito in tiny voice. He notice Rin seem wonder what is it and quickly change topic, “So, how’s shop?”

                “Somehow, we manage to take care of it. It feel like when we first open the shop, only has three worker despite many customers.” Say Rin.

*******************

                Kenichi get into the room after knock the door and bow towards Karen who just finish check Karina’s condition. He asks, “Hasn’t wake up yet?”

                “No change but there are movement from her body once in a while.” Say Karen.

                Kenichi seem worry about that girl and Karen says, “Maybe when we talk to her, she will give response as she still could hear our talk. She already heal but she just too afraid after what happen.”

                Karen excuses herself as she has other works that need to do. Kenichi takes seat before begin chat with that girl, “How you feel today? It look fine to me but may different to you. Keito slowly recover. We’re really busy at shop today and I invite Ryosuke to join us but he told us that he will come later.”

                Kenichi talks about things that happen at shop and says, “You should wake up as we just get new breed of cat that really cute and I’m sure those kittens will help you to cure your phobia as we know you won’t stand with their cuteness.”

                It take a while before Kenichi goes to visit Keito who in middle of talk with Rin. He asks, “What are both of you talking about?”

                “Normal things… like what kind of dog we like after a while working.” Say Keito.

                Kenichi come out with something, “Don’t say that both of you want to add another pet at the house?”

*******************

                “Still no trace of him?” ask Ryosuke as soon he reach at Kuzuryu Household. It is a big house that Karina stays together with her siblings.

                Tomoyuki carefully put his snake back to its cage before says, “I even already ask many people even the dangerous one but no clue of him.”

                “Dangerous one? Don’t tell Tomohiko-kun’s gang also know about what happen? Don’t he go berserk?” Ryosuke know that brother of Karina really easy to lose temper and even get big fight with Tomohisa before this. Tomohiko is leader of gangster group but somehow, he really gentle with his sister.

                “Almost go berserk but we manage to hold him down. When they get anything, they will tell me.” Say Tomoyuki.

                Ryosuke mess up his hair a bit in annoyance, “I don’t want anything happen to her when she get discharge from hospital. Why he must appear why things finally change to good?”

                “It just lucky ka-san still don’t know about this matter.” Say Tomoyuki.

                Ryosuke surprise to hear it, “Eh?! Oba-san doesn’t know about it yet? Where is she right now?”

                “It just lucky the place she’s right is a bit far from town. She still in middle of vacation like what we already plan for her.” Say Tomoyuki.

                Ryosuke take a look at his watch and says, “It seem I may not visit Karina-chan today because visiting hour already end.”

                Ryosuke get ready to leave and Tomoyuki says, “Ryosuke, thanks for become Karina-chan’s friend no matter what happen to her. If not because of you, we may not able to see her smile anymore right now.”

                “She’s already like my sister and I really want to treasure her smile. I will do anything for that.” Say Ryosuke before leave the place. Tomoyuki feel a bit guilty as he actually hide something from that guy.

                He had receive phone call from Tomohiko that says, “We already found him and right now, he’s under police observation. We already ask them not to involve Karina-chan anymore and we will make sure that he won’t able to meet her anymore.”

                Tomoyuki thinks, “Should I tell Karina-chan or not about this?”