Chapter 1

Pet Shop Love

                Ryosuke walks to school alone even he want to walk together with his childhood friend, Karina. It already several days since he come out with an idea and already manage everything for it but can’t tell that girl yet as she will always avoid him without know why.

                When he found that girl who seem still in her own world while listening to music and walking. He pull off her earphones, “Hey! I already found part-time job that ready to take us as workers.”

                “It was you who decide it by yourself and could you make me out from it?” Karina bluntly say it before take back her earphones from him. She clearly can’t understand why he never want to leave her alone. She stops her steps as the almost reach their school, Tenshin Gakuen. She asks, “Why I have to join you for that part-time job?”

                “Because I know you have plenty free time.” Reply Ryosuke happily.

                Karina observe Ryosuke before says, “Don’t tell me that…” Ryosuke quickly cover as he knows that girl could guess something really accurate that could make people scared with her.

                He gives warn, “You better not to say it loud!”

                Karina keep hitting his hand until he lets go her before asks, “I know but it really need to cut-off my oxygen supply?”

                “I didn’t do it on purpose.” Say Ryosuke. Both of them continue walking, “You know something…. You should open-up with people around you or no one would remember who you are in future.”

                “I’m okay to be forgotten and I won’t want to work there no matter what happen.” Reply Karina before quickly create distance with him and disappear in sea of students who rush to get into school compound. Ryosuke know he won’t meet her as long they within school compound as she will always run away from him.

*********************

                She walk into the class and being welcome by a group of students that call themselves as Diva. Karina understands what they want and casually bring out books from her bag while saying, “I already finish it.”

                “Good, as expected to let you do the work when come to essay.” Say Mirai before she walk away with her friends. Karina just go to her table without greet anyone in the class. She will stay in corner before drift back into her own world.

                Everybody practically ignore her because she seem always avoid them but the truth, she had been scold for her attitude when talk with others that create silent personality as she grow up. Those Diva begin target her when she never go oppose them and show great reputation on making essay.

                “Attention everyone!” sensei get the students’ focus before begin the lesson. Karina tries to focus but her mind keep asking herself, “Is this enough for me?”

****************

                After school’s end, Karina checks around the school as she really want to avoid those girls at time like that. Even she manage to do that, she notices Ryosuke at the front gate, talking with someone but she can’t see the person’s face. She tries to act like he’s not there but Ryosuke already see past it and grab Karina’s bag before says, “We have part-time job today.”

                “I thought I already told you that I don’t want to do it no matter what happen?” Karina clearly annoy with his action. She tries to make him let go her bag but nothing works.

                Ryosuke drags her using the bag as he knows Karina really love that bag until both of them arrive in front of a pet shop that has sign, Moto Pet Shop. He pushes her to get into the shop and a well-built guy greet them, “I assume both of you are Yamada Ryosuke and Kuzuryu Karina, right? I already heard everything from my son and hope both of you ready to begin your work as soon as possible.”

                “I feel really happy when Keito told me that I could work here. Both of us are best friend at school.” Say Ryosuke.

                “Ah, I forget to introduce myself; I’m the owner of this shop, Okamoto Kenichi.” The guy who turn to be Kenichi introduce them to his children; Keito and Rin. Keito happily greet them while Rin doesn’t really give any response behind her mask and focus on her works.

                Suddenly, a puppy run towards them and that sudden welcome really surprise Karina that quickly hide herself behind Ryosuke while that boy carefully lift the puppy before pet it, “Yappari, you really kawaii.”

                Rin watches Karina’s reaction and says, “Don’t say our part-time worker this time really scared of animals! This is pet shop which mean we need someone that handle animals.”

                “She want to work here because she really want to cure her phobia towards animal. Even she slowly recovers from it but she still need to learn how to handle pets.” Ryosuke explain it before put down the puppy into a place while Karina slowly calm down.

                “If you slowly cure from the phobia, there should be some animals you could handle. What kind of animal that you can handle?” ask Kenichi.

                “So far, horse and snake.” Reply Karina. She just happen knows how to handle snake because one of her brothers has snake pet at the house and take horse-riding lesson to compliment with her skill in archery.

                Kenichi surprise to hear word ‘snake’ come out from someone who has phobia towards animals, “Wow, I never expect that word will come out from you. If like that, Ryosuke will handle café while Karina-chan will join Keito.”

                “No! She should be with me or she won’t focus on work. Who know she will only flirting with Keito?” Say Rin who really against it. She knows new part-time worker will always under Keito but she want to change it this time.

                Keito lightly flick Rin’s forehead, “I don’t think she has time for that because she still time for it as she need how to handle pets first.”