Chapter 2

Pet Shop Love

                Karina walks at the street while searching for something as she doesn’t have shift at the shop that day. She plans to go library but it seem she has to cancel as she already finish up everything the night before. Even it already a week she works there, she still can’t get use to handle animals. If not because of Keito’s help, she won’t finish her work.

                Her eyes goes wide when encounter someone that she really want to avoid, “Enjoying your time alone at place like this?”

                “Why you’re here? The law shouldn’t let you free yet.” Karina shutter while say that as she really afraid at that moment. If she get chance, she want that encounter only happen in her dream.

                She turn her heels to run away but that person catch her before says, “You already become prettier than before. Your hair even longer than what I think. It seem you remember our promise that I will ‘fetch’ you back when your hair longer.”

                “I never promise you anything.” Say Karina while her tears drop. She really afraid at that moment but don’t know what she could do at that moment.

                The guy says, “You already become feisty and there is only way to deal with it.”

****************

                Rin decide to search some books about pet to learn more about it. She realize there are many things that still unknown for her and that day really perfect for it since Kenichi ask her to rest for the day. Suddenly, she notice Karina being drag by someone and her face really desperate want to escape.

                She could hear, “Let me go! I don’t want to follow you!”

                She thinks if she should help that girl or not but when notice the guy that hold Karina begin act aggressive, she interrupt them, “Just let her go! You’re making scene here and she doesn’t even want to follow you.”

                “Mind our own business, !” scold the guy.

                Karina quickly warn her, “Rin-san, please run away! Tomohisa… this guy really dangerous and he could injured you as he is ex-boxer!”

                Rin coldly says, “I’m in bad mood because the shop just get worker who is scared of animal. I can’t do anything to her but I will use this chance to release out the stress.”

                Rin begin attack Tomohisa to let out her anger as she couldn’t hold herself. She could see Karina still there and shout, “Take the chance to run away!”

                Tomohisa keep attack Rin but she easily could avoid it without face any punch may injured her. Karina couldn’t move as her body still shivering badly and her eyes wavering around the place. Rin punches that guy at the most sensitive part to defeat him and pull Karina to run away from that place.

**********************

                Kenichi surprise to see the girls arrive and Karina still shivering. Rin says, “She want to relax here.”

                “Just bring her straight to café and order anything that you want.” Say Kenichi.

                Ryosuke surprise to welcome both of them and asks about Karina’s condition, “Something happen?”

                “She become like that after being drag by someone name Tomohisa.” Rin’s words make Ryosuke almost drop the glass in his hand. Karina hardly take her seat on the chair. She asks, “You know who he is?”

                “More than know.” Reply Ryosuke before excuse himself to kitchen. It seem he want to avoid the topic that bring more curiosity to Rin.

                She left the shop to begin her searching. She thinks that guy may involve in any crime as Karina warn her about how dangerous he is. She hit the centre when found out what she want, “He is criminal that just release from jail but what is his connection with her?”

                Keito’s voice snap her out, “What are you doing back here?”

                “Nothing…” she tries to come out with any excuses, “…just want to relax her before do what I really plan.”

                “Really? Careful on the way.” Keito pat Rin’s head gently before return back into the shop.

**************

                “Are you sure it is him?” ask Ryosuke while serve warm drink for her.

                Karina shutter, “I d-don’t know. H-he’s h-here.”

                “We need to come out with something in order not to let he found you again… but I can’t think of anything.” Ryosuke out of idea on what happen.

                “I don’t want to face that dark day anymore.” Cries Karina.

                Ryosuke suddenly figure out something that may help that girl to avoid that bad guy, “Hey, maybe we could ask Kenichi-san to let you stay here for a while and of course, I will stay here with you. This shop has complete things to stay overnight.”

                “No! That would only burden Kenichi-san. I think I will be okay.” She tries to hide her scared but her voice crack. She doesn’t want anyone else know about what happen. She finish her drink in one gulp and says, “Could you tell Kenichi-san to cut my pay for this? I didn’t bring any money right now and I’m going back home.”

                “Let me send you to station.” Say Ryosuke. He gets permission from Kenichi to send her to station even him originally want to send her until the house. He asks, “Are you sure to walk alone from here to home?”

                “Yeah, you can return back to the shop. I will be okay from here.” Say Karina. She waves to her childhood friend before disappear in the sea of people that want to use the transportation. Ryosuke couldn’t hide his worries while watch her back as he knows that guy won’t stop stalking her.

********************

                Keito hear conversation between Karina and Ryosuke but he knows they won’t share it with anyone. He happens to know about what they are talking because him alert about Tomohisa’s wrongdoing. He begin thinks he should do something to Karina as he always watch that girl being bully but never go oppose them.

                After the shop closes, he decide to walk around to relax his mind even it already night and decide to go a park where he always go to relax. Somehow, the stars in that park really pretty unlike other places. He hide the fact that he actually know Karina ever since them in middle school as that girl always hide herself from other people.

                He never greet or mention anything about her since Rin really sensitive about it. He knows his sister only worry about him and don’t want anything hurt him. Since kids, Rin really protective after something happen between them.

                “Wow! It rare to see you around here.” Keito hear Ryosuke’s voice. He asks, “Why you’re here?”

                “I always use this route to return home and Karina-chan’s house also around here.” Reply Ryosuke.

                “Is she okay? She seem really afraid when she was at shop.” Keito sound like concern about it.

                Ryosuke leave out huge sigh before says, “She only act like everything’s okay. She doesn’t want anyone to worry about her anymore. It already become her nature to hide almost everything.”

************************

                Karina skips her works for several days and same goes to school. She only send short mail that she’s not feeling well to leave the house. It almost a week before she appear at the shop but everyone surprise with her sudden make over; her long hair already cut short.

                “What happen to your hair?” ask Kenichi.

                Karina touch her hair before reply shyly, “I just want to change my appearance and it save more time to get ready.”

                Ryosuke know why she does something like that but decide not to say anything. He ask favour from Kenichi, “Could you make Karina work without show her face at the front?”

                “Ryosuke-chan, I’m okay as that person won’t come here.” Say Karina.

                Kenichi notice it, “It seem there will be something happen here. Should I know or both of you just want to hide it?”

                Ryosuke and Karina exchange look and agree to tell him about what happen. Kenichi says, “Rin, Keito, I leave the shop preparation to both of you. Let’s talk about this in the office.

*************

                Ryosuke explain everything happen to Kenichi as Karina seem has trouble to explain it. After that, Kenichi says, “That really dangerous for you, Karina-chan. We should come out with something to ensure you’re safe.”

                “That would be hard for you to show your face at the front. We should ensure your safety while working here.” Say Kenichi. He begin come out with plan that will make sure Karina will always work at the back and never go anywhere alone.

                They somehow manage to finish their work smoothly for that day and Kenichi ask favour from Keito, “Could you send Karina-chan back to her house?”

                “Gomen, Keito. I have to make stop somewhere before go back home.” Say Ryosuke. Keito only accept it as he actually worry about the girl but he never realize a trap already wait for them.