Chapter 4

Pet Shop Love

                Everyone rushes to hospital when hear news that Karina finally gain back her conscious. They get into the room and hear Karina happily greet them, “Yo, minna!”

                Tomoyuki hugs Karina really tight that make that girl’s face become blue before Karen smacks him, “Are you try to make our sister back to long deep sleep?” that guy just release his hug while giggles a bit.

                “It’s good to see you’re okay right now.” Say Kenichi to express his relief to see her condition.

                Karina bow a bit despite she’s not standing at that moment as still on hospital bed, “I’m really sorry to make all of you worry and I promise that would never happen again.” She suddenly remember about Keito and asks, “Where is Keito-kun? Is he okay?”

                “He’s okay and still resting at home before return back to usual. He wants to come here but I ask him to stay home to rest.” Say Kenichi. Everyone really happy and talk about many things with her in order to put her on ease.

                When everyone left except Tomoyuki and Karina, he decide to tell her about something important. After she know everything, her hands quickly cover before could hardly say, “Are you sure he won’t come back?”

                “It seem they decide to ‘brainwash’ him as that the only way left and he won’t have any memory of you after this. It is the best for you, right?” say Tomoyuki and Karina could only nod at that moment even she still can’t believe it.

                Karen step back to the room and pull Tomoyuki’s ears while says, “She should get rest by now if she want to leave the hospital really soon. Everything would be new days for her after this.”

                Karina only laugh to watch how Tomoyuki struggle from Karen while both of them leave the room. As soon she being leave alone, her mind suddenly replay that incident clearly that make her throw the vase towards window to make it disappear. The situation become panic for a while until Karen hugs her, “Everything will be fine and that memory would never come back!”

                “Nee-chan…” Karina gain Karen’s attention after few minutes to say, “I’m hungry…”

                Karen chuckles to hear it and says, “Okay, I will order something for you but you have to wait for a while. If you really bored with waiting, Tomoyuki keep some of manga inside the drawer but I don’t know what kind of manga.”

                “Okay.” Reply Karina, try to sound cheerful. Karen knows it still hard for her younger sister to stay cheerful but understand that girl only want to put other people in ease. She carefully step out from the room and try to figure out what she can order for her sister.

*****************

                “Eh?! You already get discharge? But you haven’t recover yet.” Say Ryosuke who surprise to see Karina walks to school. He thinks it only delusion when watch that girl walk while listening to music; routine of that girl when walking to school, every morning.

                Karina fixes her bag on her shoulder, “I’m already okay and can’t wait to begin work. I’m not involve in any serious accident.” She notice Ryosuke’s look that tell it’s-serious-accident and she quickly adds, “It happen long time ago and I’m completely recover.”

                “No!” Ryosuke grabs Karina’s hand, “You have to rest until you’re fully recover.”

                “Please, Ryosuke-chan. I don’t want to rest or that will only make me suffer. I want to be somewhere that many people around.” Plead Karina while try not to crack her voice.

                Ryosuke take deep breathe before sigh as he knows what that girl mean by those words, “Okay but if you show any sign of not okay, I will call your brothers to drag you back home to rest.”

                “Yatta! Arigatou, Ryosuke-chan!” Karina happily cheer before run towards school compound and Ryosuke can’t stop her. It a bit unbelievable to see that girl run lie that when she can’t actually run.

                Ryosuke casually walks into his class and Keito greet him, “I saw you with Karina just now.”

                “Yeah…” Ryosuke take seat, “…she way too hyper for someone that just get discharge from hospital.”

                “Are you sure that guy won’t appear in front of her anymore?” Keito seem still worry about that matter even he knows everything already end.

                Ryosuke take a moment to give suitable reply, “I… honestly, I also not sure about that. Even Karina-chan’s siblings tell me that everything’s okay but I still worry. Maa… if you show to that girl that you worry, she will only drive you away from that. Just show to her that everything is okay.”

                “I never know she is that strong.” Say Keito.

                “She always like that since kids. For sake of her mom and also her late dad.” Mutter Ryosuke. Keito curious about that but he can’t ask it when a group of Ryosuke’s fans dashes towards him for something.

***************

                When school’s end, Ryosuke get mail from Karina that ask him to take her bag in her class. He just does the favour before go to infirmary to see her in middle of rest on bed. He says, “I already told you that you’re not fully recover yet!”

                “It not about that. PE sensei make me run for long time and that only make me dizzy until can’t focus on lesson.” Say Karina while get up from her lay.

                School nurse, Aoyama says, “It happen because you’re not eat with correct diet. If you really want to diet, make sure do it in better way.”

                Karina giggles a bit before says, “There is no way for me to diet since it only make me eat double than usual and my weight won’t go anywhere with it. It only happen because of lack of sleep.”

                Both of them walk to leave school compound and Ryosuke says, “Take leave for today’s work. You should rest at home.”

                “No! I don’t want to go back home right now! No one at home right now!” say Karina. Ryosuke could see her body shaking a little while try to cover it and decide just to let it.

                Both of them reach there and it seem Kenichi already plan something as he knows that girl will come to work after talking with Karen that morning. He says, “Today, you will help Rin as she will handle many pets today. You won’t work together with Keito since he will work at café today.”

                Karina only accept it easily as she knows Keito’s condition not really good to handle pets. She changes her clothes and carefully wrap her right arm cover with bandages. It’s not that she doesn’t want to show it but her still trauma every time see it. Rin get into the room and could see that girl struggle with the bandages. She asks, “Need my help?”

                “It’s okay… I will manage… somehow.” Reply Karina while begin twist her arm in weird way.

                Rin take the bandage from Karina’s hand and says, “I will help you since you’re taking too long and we have customers waiting for us.”

                Karina surprise with it but just let Rin to do it as it is true since it almost their business time. The girls leave the changing room together and begin their job for the day. Rin really strict that doesn’t give any chance to think, “Just hold the puppy while I make sure the bath ready for him.”

                “Hai…” Karina carefully handle the puppy and tries to pet gently. Somehow, that gesture really make the puppy happy as he her face. She smiles, “You’re such a cute puppy. I wish I will have cute pet like you someday.”

                “Karina! Bring the puppy here!” Rin use stern tone that bring Karina back to earth.

**************

                After 3 hours working, Kenichi make her rest at café and says, “Just eat something before you continue your work.”

                “If you say like that…” Karina could only agree with it.

                Keito asks her, “So, what you want to eat?” She only say that she’s okay with anything and Keito return back to table with tea and sandwiches, “Ryosuke prepare these for you and I only send it to you.”

                “Thank you and…” there are pause from it before she says, “I’m really sorry about what happen. If you’re not with me on that day, you won’t get hurt.”

                Keito notices Karina’s hands a bit shivering that make him hold her hands before says, “Even we could spin back the time, I still want to be there with you. I don’t want you to go through this alone. This could be hard for you but I want to protect you and you accept my offer.”

                “I don’t want to give burden to anyone as it not their responsibility.” Say Karina.

                Keito kiss her forehead to give electric shock to her before says, “I only want you to stay safe as I’m sure everyone only want you to be happy.”

                He left the table when someone call for him that leave Karina dumbstruck as she can’t understand what actually happen to her. She shakes her head and slap herself for few times before finish up her food. She need to return back to her work or Rin will scold her again.

*****************

                “Ne, why I have to walk together with you to go back home?” Rin ask Ryosuke while they on the way back home. It turns out Kenichi want to talk about something with Keito and Karina.

                Ryosuke only reply, “Kenichi-san ask me to do so since it really dangerous to go back home alone.”

                “He only worry unnecessary things. He sent me to martial arts class for self-defence but then, worry…” Rin can’t understand what Kenichi has in his mind.

                “It’s normal for a dad to worry about his daughter.” Say Ryosuke.

                Rin blur out, “I’m not his real daughter. He only bring me into the family after I lose mine in accident.”

                Ryosuke say something that surprise her, “It doesn’t matter whether you’re real daughter or just adopted as he really love you unconditionally.”

                She quickly change topic since she really want to avoid that, “You better take care of your girlfriend or she will two-timing you with my brother.”

                “Girlfriend?” Ryosuke thinks for a while on what is mean by that, “Karina-chan is not my girlfriend. We grow up together and I always need to make sure she won’t cry over anything as her family really hate her tears. You should know how hard my task even it sound simple as she is a big crybaby before this.”

                “Like I care about that.” Rin make comment that make leave Ryosuke dumbstruck but it not cause of the choice of words, it something that tickle his memory of something he could hardly remember.

*******************

                On the next day, Ryosuke decide to ask Karina while both of them on the way to school, “Ne, have we met Rin before we begin work there?”

                “What make you say something like that?” Karina ask in return.

                Ryosuke says, “She… somehow… remind me of someone but I don’t know who.”

                “It not surprising when you actually had face memory loss before. It all happen because you fall from tall building after fought with someone.” Say Karina.

                “Who is that someone?” ask Ryosuke. He really want to know what happen on that incident.

                Karina slowly shake her head to sides, “I don’t know as at that time, I only wait at parking area with Karen-nee since you were the one that said want to go there alone. You only told us that someone really want to see you there alone.”

                “How about my phone before this?” ask Ryosuke as he always keep something inside his phone.

                “That would be impossible as that phone also destroy when you fall down. We had tried to repair it as I know you really love that phone but it only bring no-good result to us.” Say Karina. That topic died as they already near to school compound where she will create distance with him and walk straight to her class but that only leave Ryosuke hanging on what he really want to know.