Chapter 12

Pet Shop Love

                Those girls flee away when hear Rin’s warning as they know how scary that girl could be. Rin walks towards Karina before says, “You should be more aggressive towards people that bully you. I’m sure you don’t want your family know about this, right?”

                “Other than my mom, my older siblings already know about this but I already ask them not to do anything. It would be big trouble if they want to do something.” Say Karina. She quickly fixes her clothing before she relaxes herself.

                “You better take any lesson for self-defence even you care to depend on other people.” Say Rin.

                Karina become sad and cast her sight to the ground, “I only want to wish my dad stay alive. He left me too early without let me to spend time more with him. It really hard for me to think about what is my dream as I grow up to serve my dad… you can laugh if you want.”

                “For what? At least, you still have loving family while I have to ask for love from other people.” Say Rin.

                “Kenichi-san is such a cool dad. I’m really jealous with you.” Mumble Karina in low voice.

                Sensei suddenly appears there and says, “It’s not time for both of you to skip class.”

                “Same goes to you, sensei! You won’t find us here if you don’t have intention to come up here.” Say Rin coldly.

                Karina surprise to see it is one of the sensei that famous with his friendliness and bright character, Aiba sensei. She asks, “What are you doing here?”

                “I need to take some breather before my class begin.” Aiba casually walk to the rail and begin make some stretches that somehow look totally weird to both the girls.

                “Eh?! Even bright person like you have timing for depress moments too?” Karina surprise to hear that statement. Aiba casually reply that everyone would have that and it is a need to take moment to relax before return back to daily business. She feel refresh to hear that but there are still some kind of mess in her mind.

                She stands up and says, “Maa… I should relax at infirmary since that place safer than here.” She leaves Rin there without wait for any response.

*********************

                “You guys really late!” Whine Karina when notices the other three reach at the shoes locker.

                Ryosuke quickly retort, “It was you who too early leave the class.”

                “I just don’t want to face those gals get some idea to get on me.” Mutter Karina. She quickly keeps the magazine inside her bag and Keito manage to take glance on what kind of magazine is that. He wonder why would a girl like her reads magazines about weddings.

                Four of them walk together to pet-shop even that day is actually off-day for Karina. She only joins them because she already promises to meet Kei since she wants to deliver something to him. After finish her business, she just decide to continue work after thinking she doesn’t want to return home too early

Everyone at the shop could see Karina and Kei become too close and they always together even after work. No one could -in with them as they will feel really awkward. Kenichi get near to them and says, “It seem Karina-chan could use with animals by now.”

                “Yeah, with help of Kei-kun, I could easily hold animals.” Say Karina happily as she pets a kitten.

                Kenichi really happy with the progress, “That’s really good since I need to move you to groom section. We need more people to help Rin and Keito since our customers begin increases. For Karina-chan, I may need you to help Ryosuke at café.”

                “EH~!? I want to work at same section with Karina-chan~!” whine Kei as he hugs Karina.

                Karina pushes him while saying, “We still in same shop but I may come to grooming section when need help since I still have a lot of things that I need to learn about pet shop.”

                “She’s right! You should learn from her.” Say Kenichi.

                Kei pouts before says, “Hai~! But I will make sure Karina-chan helps me.”

***************

                “It seems weird to see you always together with him these past few days.” Say Keito while he relaxes at café and Ryosuke really eager to take over his place for a while. He drinks tea that Karina prepare and it’s a luck for them that not many customers there at the moment.

                Karina wonders why he says that but manage to give reply, “Maa… you used to know me as lone-wolf at school. I’m close with Kei-kun because we already plan many things for future.”

                “Future? That’s way too fast!” Keito lose his temper.

                Karina quickly pull him back to his seat while apologizes to customers who surprise with that guy’s loud voice before says, “It’s not wrong to plan that and we have reason for that.”

                Keito can’t give reply to that as Karina already left him to serve other customers. His mind begin imagine how Karina wear white wedding dress and walk towards Kei who waiting for her. He quickly shakes off those thoughts and finishes his tea in one gulp.

                He really surprise when hear someone’s voice whisper to him, “You better tell her about your feeling towards her before you regret.”

                Keito turn to see Ryosuke and really surprise with it as he doesn’t sense him walk there. He asks, “Why you’re here?”

                “My turn at grooming section already end and I have to take over back here.” Say Ryosuke. He takes seat on empty stool and says, “It’s not that hard to confess or someone else will take her away from you.”

                “She’s already being taken away.” Say Keito.

***************

                After work end, Keito plan to have a talk with Karina but there are someone else who already make plan with her. Karina really surprise to see Tomoyuki when they leave the shop, “What are you doing here?”

                “I know it! You forget we have dinner with ka-san before she goes to Spain.” Say Tomoyuki.

                Karina really surprise to hear that as she totally forget about that, “EH?! Ka-san is here but ready to go for another trip again? That’s sound really absurd!”

                “You know why she does that, right? Now, we have to move on or we will be late.” Say Tomoyuki.

                Karina reluctantly get into the car even she knows Keito is trying to have a talk with her. She also happen wants to talk with him since she wants to clear things. She mutters, “This will not go well.”

                “What do you mean by that?” ask Tomoyuki.

                Karina quickly change topic, “Nothing, I’m just thinking when ka-san will finish her trip around the world.”

                “I don’t know but I heard that she just found a good guy that willing to take care of her.” Say Tomoyuki.

                Karina bluntly says, “I won’t let anyone hurt ka-san anymore, no matter who is that person.”

*********************

                “We will do our marriage next month in NY and I really hope that all of you could be there to witness our special day.” Announce their mom, Kaede.

                Karina gasps to hear that as she never think something like would happen that fast. She bluntly says, “I may not be able to ask off-days since I already take a lot before. I don’t want to get involve with another trouble that will affect my performance at school.”

                “We’re thinking to bring you live with us when we settle down at Texas where you can continue your studies in field that you really want.” Say Kaede happily.

                “You have such a great plan but I’m happy to be here. I already promise that I will stay here.” Karina bluntly says that before leave the table. She manages to bow politely and step out from the restaurant.

                She’s happy her mom found her own happiness but their plan to bring her away from there is something that she can’t accept. Her only wish is not to leave the town where her dad is buried there. She walks aimlessly as she doesn’t want to know more about what happen soon. She arrives at a park that makes her decide to relax at one of benches there.

                “Why you’re here?” Karina really surprise to hear Keito’s voice.

                She could only reply, “I just want to relax here. How about you?”

                “I’m on the way back home after send things. This place actually really closes with my house.” Say Keito.

                Karina really surprise as she doesn’t realize where she is. She mumbles, “It seems my anger brings me here.”

                “It really rare for you to lose your temper as you seem always tries to avoid that.” say Keito as he takes seat beside her.

                Karina slowly explains about what happen since she really trusts him to keep it as secret. She also expresses how she really confuses to think of anything at that moment. Keito gently pat her head and says, “That just happen because you’re not ready that there will be someone that take over your dad’s place.”

                “I don’t know…” Only those words come out from since her head totally blank and her real voice stuck at .

                Keito take a look at his watch and says, “It’s already late and it’s not good for your body. Let me send you back home.”

                “I don’t want to go home or they will continue talking about that to me with excuse ‘want to explain to me’. I hate that moment when I really need to rest. I will just wait here until tomorrow since they will have their own plan for weekend.” say Karina. She relaxes herself on the bench but then, cover to sneeze.

                Keito clear his throat to get some courage to tell, “How about you stay at my house? I could explain to them and I’m sure they will let you stay overnight.”

                “Thank you so much but please don’t mention anything about the dinner. I’m not ready for that yet.” Karina grabs hold of Keito’s hand and he agrees with that.

******************

                Karen get phone call from Keito about Karina’s whereabouts and tell others, “It seem she at her friend’s house.”

                Tomoyuki asks, “Do you think ka-san’s plan is really good for her? Among us, she’s the one that really close with tou-san.”

                Tomohiko stands up and shout, “No matter what happen, I will make sure my dearest sister will continue stay here. I don’t want anything bad happen to her anymore.”

                Karen quickly stop Tomohiko when notice he wants to leave the house, “You better let her cool down first. It would better than she run away again from you and get involve with another tragedy.”

                “I only worry about my dearest younger sister. I don’t want anything happen to her.” Say Tomohiko in stern voice.

                Tomoyuki block his way and says, “She also our dearest younger sister and I agree with Karen-nee about let her cool down first. Unlike us who already an adult that clearly understand the situation, she still need time as it will changes in many things in her life.”

                Tomohiko groan in mad before slump himself to the couch. He really wants to search for Karina to bring her back home but everyone objects his plan. At that time, he could only pray that nothing will harm his sister at that moment.

********************

                Karina stays in guest room in that house and feels really awkward as she doesn’t know what she should do. She mumble, “Ah~! Rin-chan will hate me for sure by now; just like before.”

                She surprise when hear Rin’s voice at the door that already open, “I will not hate you because I know why you’re here and I understand that.”

                “Just when you’re there?” ask Karina. Rin just tell her that the breakfast will be serving and she can use bathroom to clean herself.

                Karina awkwardly joins them at the dining table and hears Kenichi says, “Karina-chan, you don’t have to reserve with us.”

                They eat their breakfast together while chatting randomly. Karina helps them to clean the dishes since Kenichi and Keito has to go out for some business. When she takes seat on couch, Rin appear with tea and says, “I always drink this tea when I want to relax. Maybe this could help you.”

                Both of the girl enjoy their tea while talk that slowly decrease distance between them. Karina also tells her plan with Kei that supposedly happen on that evening that make her surprise.