Chapter 9

Pet Shop Love

                Karina really scared at that moment as she notice drastic changes of Kento these past few days. He has order her not to leave the room where she stays without his permission and even ask some of his people to guard her room. She only stay silent in her room without try to make any move. She want to make phone call to her brothers at least but her phone already broke into pieces after that guy smash it to the floor. She hugs her knees while crying plead, “I want to leave this place… help…”

                Somehow, that plead can be heard by Keito who in middle of grooming a big dog. He surprise with that and make him wonder what is actually happen to him. He quickly finish his task and Kenichi tell something to him, “Keito, can you take over the café? Ryosuke-kun suddenly has something to do at his home and leave early.”

                In his mind, “Why would Yama-chan leave early?” he just say yes to his dad’s order before go to sink to wash his hand and go to café.

                Rin come to café few minutes later as she need some refreshment to make her stay awake. She could see Keito seem uneasy over something that make her ask, “Something wrong happen?”

                “I don’t know if it just delusion but I could hear Karina cries while hoping she could leave the place.” Say Keito as he cleans dirty mugs at sink.

                Rin remember how Ryosuke seem in rush when leave the place just now, “I think something happen as I could see Ryo-kun really panic. I heard he get phone call from Karina’s brother.”

                “Tomoyuki-kun?” Keito know one of Karina’s brother as that guy also one of their shop’s customers.

                Rin quickly deny, “Not him but the eldest brother, Tomohiko. Ryo-kun tell me that he is leader of a gang and he’s willing to do anything for Karina.”

                “I remember about conversation that I heard when I take a walk about some gang want to make trouble by take someone’s sister as weapon to get back their territory as they know that girl’s brother will do anything for his sister.” Say Keito while his mind playback the conversation.

                Rin knows something bad would happen as she could make guess from that, “It must be Karina’s brother!”

                Keito want to leave the shop and join Ryosuke but he knows he can’t just leave the shop as it is a peak time for them. His phone suddenly ring to show mail from Ryosuke, ‘I have something to manage and never think to get involve as it really dangerous.’

********************

                Ryosuke meet up with Tomohiko at a place and surprise when he get mask and cap. He hears, “That is for you to conceal your identity. I only called you here because you can help me to bring my Karina-chan out from that hell. I’m sure she really suffering right now.”

                “How you could know that?” ask Ryosuke.

                Tomohiko casually reply, “She’s my sister and she never suit to my kind of world. That’s why I create distance with her to ensure that she can have happily life without scared of my shadow. Being in a place that fill with people like me, only torture her.” He turn to his men before shout, “Today, we will destroy this gang. Remember not to cause any death as we’re not killer!”

                Ryosuke quickly conceal his identity and even use other parka to cover his usual clothing. Actually, he only there because Tomohiko’s plan that ask him to become the one that bring Karina out from the place. That guy even put him at the back to avoid any attention of him when they rush into that place.

                Everyone rush into that place while Ryosuke in silent, search for Karina. He sure that girl could hear noise outside her room and that would make her panic. That place is not that big but he can’t detect where that girl is. He reach at suspicious door where there are people who guard the door. One of Tomohiko’s men attack them on Ryosuke’s behalf to let him break into the room.

                He really surprise to see Karina shivering herself at a corner. He carefully call her, “Karina-chan, it’s me.”

                Karina look towards the voice and run to him as she recognize who is it. She quickly says, “Please bring me out from this place! I don’t want to stay here anymore!”

                Ryosuke pulls her hand to flee from that place but they get attack that make he has to be on defence while make sure none of them touch her. He knows he has to be fast to ensure that no one would get chance to harm Karina.

                To his surprise, Rin and Keito also there in moment he need some help. Rin join Ryosuke to defeat those guys while let Keito to bring Karina away. He manage to flee quite a distance from that place. He stops at an alley as he thinks it already safe. Keito says, “We’re safe here.”

                “That place really…” Karina doesn’t know about what to say as she still shivering at that moment.

                Keito hugs her to comfort the shivering girl. Even he thinks everything done, he forget any possibility that they being follow. Karina’s eyes become wide when she notices someone not far from them. She quickly break the hug before mutter, “Yabai…”

                Keito turn to see it is Kento and he quickly hide her behind him. Kento in rage shout, “You’re such a monster! You ruin everything that I have with you monster brother! I’m thinking he will agree with my condition but it only make it worse!”

                “It’s not her fault!” shout Keito. Karina wonder what happen until hear, “This guy is using you to destroy your brother’s gang.”

                “Tomohiko nii-san is not bad guy. Even people always misunderstood him but I believe he is not people like you. I know you only do things that bring misfortune to other people.” say Karina even she still shivering behind Keito.

                Kento bring out knife from his back and say in psycho tone, “It seem I don’t have other choice. The only thing that will make that Red Beast suffer is to make the most important person in his life died.”

                Kento run towards both of them while ready with his knife but someone push him aside. It is Tomohiko and he snicker, “You think you can make me suffer by harming my lovely sister? I never meet such a moron. Let me tell you something, you’re lucky that it is me that make trouble with. If you make enemy with Tomohisa, you will get bite with his big dogs and if you make enemy with Tomoyuki, you may already become his snakes’ meal.”

                Tomohiko turn to Keito before ask them to leave that place as soon as possible as police will come there. Keito nods before carry Karina away from that place and bring her back to the house.

*******************

                Keito make sure Karina already fall asleep before slowly leave the room. It a bit hard as she witness many things in short time that make her a bit trauma of it. They already plan to bring Karina to hospital on the next day as that girl really tired. He want to leave the house but Tomoyuki invite him to stay overnight.

                “Thanks for rescue my imotou.” Say Tomoyuki with bow.

                Keito says, “It just happen me and my sister around the place. If only we realize Karina is in there, we can bring her out earlier.”

                “As long she is fine, we never ask for more.”  Say Tomoyuki. He notices Keito look around for something and could figure out what is it, “My snakes is in my room where located just beside this living room but you don’t have to worry as my snakes all in locked cage.”

                Keito gasps to hear that as he never think the snakes would be near him. Even he knows that guy keeps snakes as pet because Karina has mention it before. Tomoyuki says, “I won’t let them free as it really dangerous plus Karina really sensitive to it. If she accidentally meet with my snake, she will scold me.”

                After several minutes, the other three reach home and surprise to see Tomohiko look really tired. Tomoyuki only scold, “You already know that your aim only to rescue Karina-chan.”

                “Yeah but it become police case as Kento almost kill us and we have to go to police station. About Karina-chan, we already handle that matter.” Say Tomohiko as he slumps to the couch.

                They surprise when hear someone’s scream that make them dashes to Karina’s room. Rin quickly hugs her to calm down while whisper something to her ears. Ryosuke says, “I think we should just bring her to hospital tonight.”

                “No! I’m at home, resting.” Say Karen. She just pushes everyone except Rin before close the door to let her make checks on her youngest sister.

******************

                Karen tells them that she’s okay and ask everyone to rest. Tomoyuki tells Keito and Ryosuke, “Both of you can sleep in room across Karina-chan’s room. It used to be the boys’ room when they grow up.”

                “She already asleep?” ask Keito.

                Karen nods, “Yes, I put her in medication to ensure she sleep until next morning since all of you still have to go school tomorrow…” she quickly add, “…I’m not referring to two of you, Tomo-kyodai.” (A/N: Since Karina’s brothers’ names has ‘Tomo’ in it, Karen prefer to use term Tomo-kyodai when point more than one Tomo)

                Tomohiko only pout that make him get smack from his younger brother that come with advice, “Act like adult!”

                Karen could only shook her head to watch her two of her childish younger brothers argue while there are another two teenagers who watch them in confusion. She only says, “Both of you just ignore these two and just get some rest. I’m sure you guys want to return home before go to school tomorrow.”

                “They will not attend school tomorrow as they really need to rest. Today is hard day for them.” say Tomohiko.