War

Rain Lock
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  "I want a small wedding, with just family and friends…” Jae said as she nods her head along the imaginary list she made, “a mango cake, some pink roses, and our favorite song.” Taking another bite out of her ice-cream, Jae skips lightly in her step with her yellow dress fluttering behind her in the wind.  

  "Mango cake? Isn’t that ‘untraditional’,” I ask air-quoting the word with my finger. We stop walking as Jae tilts her head up slightly to look at me with her brown eye as she grabs my hand down from the air and tangle our finger together once again. My heart races in my chest when I feel our hand entangled perfectly together like puzzles. I look back down at Jae, she’s her ice-cream as we continue our slow walk along the boardwalk. God… that woman has no idea what she’s doing to me, does she? I’ve never felt more comfortable with anyone ever than when I’m with her. No matter what we’re doing, everything just felt so right. It’s like she casted some kind of spell that made her seems so irresistible and lovable. I don’t think I’ll ever fall out of love with her…

  Stealing a out of my ice-cream, Jae smiles mischievously at me before kissing me on the lip. Tasting her sweet chocolate covered lips as I hold onto her waist careful not to get any ice-cream on either of us. Leaning our forehead against each other, Jae said in her soft voice, “You know I’m a rule breaker,” her sweet breath tickling against my cheek.

  Hugging her waist with one arm as we swing back into our slow walk mood, enjoying the sunny day and the fresh ocean breeze. I want to stop time right now, where there’s just the two of us in our perfect little world. Everything’s just right.

  "One day, we’re going to get marry on a beautiful stage. You’re going to walk the center like an angel, and then we’re going to say our vows… and have our perfect wedding,” I promise when I lean down to peck her cheek, emitting a soft giggle and a small nod in response.

 

 

   

  One day, we're going to get marry on a beautiful stage. You're going to walk the center like an angel, and then we're going to say our vows… and have our perfect wedding. That’s what we promised with each other, what happened?

  Standing directly across of Ara, I’ve been wanting to turn back to the hand of the clock to the careless time. She looks gorgeous in her white wedding dress and her hair swept to the side. Jae looks like an angel sent straight from heaven. I should be the one at the end of the aisle waiting for her hand, not that player Kai. My heart thumps loudly against my chest as I tried to take a few deep breath to calm myself down.

  They said time fixes everything… why is my heart racing like this? I used to believe that as time passes,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter