chapter nine.

45 Days of Fame

                                  tumblr_inline_n76hfgNmrz1qze0xk.gif

"Mark," I whined, sounding like a child, "Where are we going now?"

He'd put a blindfold on me the second we stepped out of the restaurant. He voice came from my right side, where he was steering the car to an unknown destination, "It's a surprise Belle. In order to be surprised, you have to not know about it."

I let out a huff and slid down in my seat. Our dinner was great, never a dull moment. I honestly don't think that resturant will be open for teenagers anymore after our visit.

  "Can I have a clue? Like are we going some place outdoors or indoors?" 

"Isabelle." He said in a stern tone , "We will be there in a second. Just think about something else." He paused for a moment and I when I felt the car turn, "Are you looking forward to the musical?"


"Yeah, I guess I am but it's going to be a lot of work." I whined then the car rolled to a stop, "Are we here?"

He laughed slightly and got out of his side of the car then came over to open the door for me, "Yes. Now just relax, I'll take the blindfold off in a second." I reached aimlessly for his hands and eventually got a good enough grip to get out of the passenger side. 

A fresh scent flowed through the crisp air. Mark held onto my shoulders as he stopped me in my tracks, "Were here." I bounced a bit on my toes and he struggled to untie the knot he had made in the blindfold.

I blinked for a few seconds to readjust my eyes and took in the scenery of where he had taken me. It was a little beach. There was a market set up not to far from the water. "Wow." I breathed as I faced Mark.  I oohed and awed at the beautiful surroundings. We reached the mini market. There was many stands set up. We browsed aroud  until I let my eyes settle on a necklace at a jewelry stand. I looked at the price tag which read a ridiculous price. I sighed, put it back on the table and began to walk away from the stand. "Excuse me, I'd like to buy this necklace." I hear Mark's voice which made me turn around.

"What are you doing?" I asked even though I had an idea of what he was doing.

He glanced at me for only a second before giving the money to the lady, "Buying the necklace."

"No! You can't do that. You already took me to dinner. You can't go spending more money for me." I tried to stop him from taking the necklace even though he'd already paid.

"But I want to. You really wanted the necklace and so I got it for you. Now stop complaining."

I pouted at him as he did the clasp behind my neck.

"Thanks." I said softly and gave him a peck on the cheek. When I spotted an ice cream stand, I tugged Mark's hand towards it, shouting playfully, "I get to buy the ice cream in exchange." I had enough money for that.

 "Hello. What can I get for you two today?" Said from the older man at the ice cream stand.

"I'll take a strawberry shortcake please."

He smiled and dug it out of the freezer then to Mark said, "And for you?"

"Um can I get the cookies n cream cone?" The guy nodded and got to work on his order.

I rummaged through my bag, ignoring Mark's comments, "You really dont have to pay." I simply ignored him. The guy gave Mark his cone and I handed him the money. "Thank you. Have a great afternoon!"


"You're too nice, do you know that?" Mark managed to get out as he his cone before it began melting.

I tilted my head, confused at what he meant, "What? How so?"

He waved his free hand, "Just all that. You're polite and have manners." I shrugged and thought of my title I had been given by the school, 'most humble'. "Like seriously my parents would insist I marry you or something if they met you."

"I guess I don't know anything else. Being thoughtful to other people comes naturally." I said with a soft smile. "Why do you hang out with all those jerks anyway? Like that guy, Jay." 


His face twisted as he thought out an answer, "Well I guess because I'm on the team with them. Who else would I be friends with? Liah is the only real person in our group besides you that I genuinely like."

"Yeah. I feel like I've know you guys a lot longer than two or three weeks." We finished our ice cream and headed back to the car, the day coming to an end.

When we arrived back at my place I looked up at him, "This was fun. Actually it was the most fun thing I've done in a while." It hurt me inside to remember I was lying to him. He thinks I'm this insanely perfect girl, I may be nice normally but I'm not nearly as perfect as 'Isabelle Yu'.

"Yeah. We should do it again sometime. In fact there's a party one of the guys from the team is throwing tomorrow because of our victory the other day. Want to go with me?" Mark looked hopeful, I couldn't crush him by saying I hated parties because I knew Belle would go if she was real.

I nodded, forcing a smile, "Yeah that sounds awesome." He laughed and kissed me on the cheek, not far from my lips.

"Bye Belle." Mark waved.

When he was gone I whispered, "Bye Mark." I exhaled and let myself into my apartment. 



I tugged off my high heels, cleaned my face of makeup, and changed into my pajamas before plopping onto my bed. 

I opened my laptop but as soon as I did, Jr. faced popped up on my screen. Indicating that he was calling on skype. I quickly grabbed a beanie to hide my recently dyed hair.

I answered his call and I couldn't help but have a huge smile on my face. Jr. always had this effect on me for some reason. 

"Hey Jr. Long time no see." My smile soon faded when the look of his face.

"Kali. You're okay?" His voice sounded hysteric, worry in his eyes.

"What do you me-" My words were cut off. 

"There was a huge earthquake in Seattle near your dad's apartment!"

"Earthquake?!" My eyes grew wide.

"They say there was so many casualites. I called to see if you were okay but- " He stopped once he realized I had no idea what he was talking about.

"How could you not know? You are in seattle, aren't you?"