chapter eight.

45 Days of Fame


I tugged on the hem of my dress, feeling irritated. I never was one who loved dressing up. It always felt kind of useless to me. 


As I did the finishing touches on my hair, I heard a car engine shut off outside my building. Mark soon stepped out of the car and walked towards my front door. 

I shoved some things I might need into the clutch like my phone, EOS and wallet. The door bell rang and I sprung up from the couch, with a little too much excitement if you ask me.

I undid the locks and opened the thick wooden door. My breath caught in my throat as Mark stood in front of me. He didn't look too different from what he usually looks like but there was just something about how he looked right in this second.


I smiled at him and moved from where I had been half hidden behind the door, "Hello."

"Hey, you look amazing." He flashed me with his signature smile. "Ready to go?"

"Um, yeah." I stepped out and headed to where he had parked his car, "Where are we going?"

He opened the passenger door for me and as I slipped and replied, "Well seeing as your wearing a dress I suppose rock climbing isn't an option." Mark got into the drivers seat, "We'll just have to suffer through a fancy dinner and a surprise instead."

"Surprise?" I looked over at Mark but didnt receive an answer. He simply started the car and drove off. 

We chatted easily, the radio playing softly in the background of our conversation.

 We soon pulled up to a posh looking restaurant and a valet came round to take the car. 

Mark lead me into the place, ignoring my reaction to his accusation. The man standing behind the podium Iooked down at us both. "Reservation for Tuan?" Mark said, his voice strong.


"Oh yes, the table for two. Please, follow me." His snooty voice of the host was making it quite hard to restrain myself from laughing and I even saw Mark's lips curl up into a smile. He sat us down at a small table next to the huge floor to ceiling windows, "Your waiter will be with you shortly."


I could already tell this date was going to be interesting.