chapter eleven.

45 Days of Fame

                                              2HvbOWs.gif

 

 

The party Mark was took me to was already in full swing when we got inside. Basically the whole block was parked full with cars. We were forced to walk a few minutes to get to the party house. This was my second day out in a row and I was really feeling like a social butterfly. My weekends usually consisted of sitting home reading or playing video games with the guys so this was a strange experience for me.

Judging from the swaying bodies and empty bottles, a decent amount of people were already wasted and Im certain there will be many more were to follow. Mark introduced me to a couple of his friends I haven't met before and a few offered me a beer in which I responded, raising the soda I had in my palm, "No thanks. I'm good with my sprite." 

"Mark, I'm going to go find Liah. Don't drink too many of those, you're my ride home." I pointed to the half-empty bottle in his hand. That was all he has had since we arrived half an hour ago but I was in no way getting a drunken person to drive me. He told me he'd catch up with me later and I shimmed my way through the crowd, searching for Liah's face.


I found her dancing on the coffee table in the huge living room, singing/dancing along to GDFR by Florida. I pushed a few people out of the way as gently as I could and laughed up at her, "What on earth are you doing?"

"Dancing!" Liah shouted, trying to be heard over the loud music.

I rolled my eyes, "I can see that. Why are you on the table?" She shrugged and pulled me . I was just glad ion the table as well. It was wooden and not glass. Thank god. "Liah I don't dance." She ignored my complaints and spun me, moving her hips to the beat. I gave in and just moved, laughing when she stumbled.


A new song came on and Liah's eyes popped open, "This is my song!" 

Somebody by Natalie La Rose began to play.

"God you're so crazy." I had always secretly loved this song as well though. Someone turned it up and we sung along,

 


"I wanna rock with somebody 
I wanna take shot with somebody 
I wanna leave with somebody"

 

I never imagined these things were ever this fun, in the movies and stuff it always made them seem so irresponsible and reckless. "I'm going to the bathroom." Liah waved and told me she was going to get something to eat. I hopped off the table and wandered through the  house. It was a huge house BTW. I didn't even know whose it was, they were pretty rich though. 

When I found the restroom I saw there was already a line of about five people waiting. I sighed impatiently and caught sight of stairs. I don't know if we're allowed to go up there but I did know if I really had to pee. I decided to take the risk rather than have an accident and sneaked up the steps. Upstairs had way too many rooms than a house would ever need. There was probably seven bedrooms because there were loads of doors leading to god knows where.

I knocked on one about half way down the hall and received no response, I creaked the door open. It turned out to be a bedroom with a girl passed out in the middle of the bed. She looked exhausted so I tiptoed in. There was a bathroom leading off the room so I went to it  then fled from the room, eager to get back to where I knew I was able to be.  


When I was heading for the stairs again, a picture caught my eye. It was of a little boy, holding a football that was about double the size of his hands. It was incredibly adorable. I heard drunken chuckling from behind me and before I could turn around, an arm was slung around my waist, stopping me from moving.

"Yeah I was a cute kid." I recognized the person to be one of the rudest guys on the school's team. Everyone called him gray, I never knew why. He was one of Jay's friends.

Gray made me face him and slammed my body into the wall, causing a few of the photo frames to shake, "Hello new girl. No one is supposed to go up here. But for you I think I can make an exception." So he must be the one throwing the party. Now that I thought about it, the kid did look similar to Gray. "Of course, I'll have to have something in return."


He tried to kiss me and I moved my face to the side, "Please. Don't." Gray laughed like I'd made a hilarious joke. "Let me go." I attempted to wiggle out but his grip only tightened as he took another step closer to me. Our chests were practically touching. I was getting a bit terrified now, as he said: People weren't supposed to come up here.


"I believe the lady told you to let her go." Gray was pulled off of me.

Although I wasn't religious, I sent a silent prayer to whoever was up there for sending a savior. It didn't last long, Gray shoved me to the ground and punched Mark hard enough to knock him on the ground and keep him there for a while.

Gray glanced down at me once again, "Now, where were we?"