구 (nine)

Infatuation

1 year later

 

Kim Sunggyu's first solo concert. Myungsoo could never be more proud — he flew all the way to Korea just to watch it (and not to mention browse at some places to live [although he might just move in with Sunggyu] because he was getting ready to move). Myungsoo sat with Sunggyu's family, right in Sunggyu's lign of view. It was their one year anniversary that day and Myungsoo thought there was no better way to spend it than cheering on his boyfriend who was doing what he loved.

It had been nearly a year since they touched skin and they were physically together, and Sunggyu sometimes came to Japan and Myungsoo sometimes came to Korea but Sunggyu was too busy in Japan, and Myungsoo was only in Korea for things like high school reunions and Moonsoo's graduation, his mom's remarriage. But their bond was stronger than ever. Everyday they loved more and more and longed more and more and Myungsoo could not feel more at ease looking at the stage the love of his life would be standing on at any moment.

It opened up with his debut song — 60 Seconds, and Sunggyu was even more amazing live than he remembered him to be. God, was he in love.

Sunggyu went through about 6 songs before he stopped to talk to the fans in the audience with that bright and beautiful smile on his face.

Sunggyu's the most beautiful when he's on stage doing what he loves.

“Today, is a very special day. It's my first solo concert, I'm revealing never-before heard songs, my family is here, everyone I love is here, and you guys are here. My angels.”

“There's someone very special in the audience tonight, I can't wait for you guys to meet that person, you'll love them.” Myungsoo squinted his eyes as he saw Sunggyu stare at another person in the audience — so it wasn't him?

Sunggyu continued singing but Myungsoo couldn't figure out who Sunggyu could have possibly been talking to when he suddenly pulled up a beautiful female on stage — who Myungsoo recognized as Jung Eunji, a solo artist who Sunggyu frequently duets with.

He grimaced as he saw Sunggyu grasp her hand tightly as he led her to center stage and did so until she sat on the stool set there. He could have sworn he locked eyes with Sunggyu for a brief moment and he could see the smile on Sunggyu's face.

“Eunji was the special person, you caught me. Eunji and I have been working on this song for months, it's not on any of my albums, and there's a reason. This song has actually been in my head for over a year now. I asked Eunji to perform it with me because I felt I couldn't do such a gorgeous song justice alone. She helped me write the lyrics, but I didn't change a single thing about the composition, I couldn't. The story that the music tells lags a little bit, but the lyrics will paint a thousand words. I decided to release this tonight because the person who composed this is here tonight.”

Myungsoo's heart skipped a beat.

“I do have, quite a few of my composers here tonight, but this is a composer that I haven't had on my albums yet. When you hear this, you'll know it's you. You're the best.” Sunggyu smiled and nodded at Eunji, who held her microphone in her lap and swayed to the accompaniment as Sunggyu began to sing.

Myungsoo recognized the song. It was the first song he composed for Sunggyu. The first song he composed since he met Sunggyu. It was their song.

Of course Sunggyu wouldn't forget. Sunggyu would never forget.

 

The staff were able to safely get Myungsoo and Sunggyu's family backstage. Sunggyu's sister knocked on his dressing room door which was followed by an immediate ‘come in’ and Sunggyu was showered in kisses and love from his family. Myungsoo noticed Eunji sitting on one of the sofas, to which he came and sat down next to her.

“You did phenomenal out there, Eunji-ssi.” He watched as her eyes lit up and a smile was formed across her lips.

“Thank you, Myungsoo-ssi.”

Myungsoo crinkled his eyebrows. “Sunggyu doesn't stop talking about you. After he met you that's the most I've heard him talk since our trainee days.”

“You trained together?”

She nodded with a smile. “Sunggyu and I were both new at the same time. We became really close as newbies. I've been basically his only friend, for like, ever. Except for another friend of ours, who was a dance instructor. If you want to know any dirty secrets, I'm the one to go to.”

“Yah, Jung Hyerim, I know he's handsome, but don't flirt with him, I specifically told you paws off.”

She surrendered by raising both hands in the air with a chuckle. “I know, jerk face. Howon wouldn't be happy with me either, so my paws are off and will forever be.”

Sunggyu walked over and lifted Myungsoo's chin, kissing him sweetly on the lips and Myungsoo swore he could have melted into a puddle. “Ugh, my family can be so annoying. Keeping me from you and which left you to talk with this bum over here.”

“She's actually good company, and I've never seen you act so sinister around a person. It's nice to see a different side of you. Plus, she offered me your secrets.”

Sunggyu sighed and brought him to stand, before sitting in his place and pulling him into his lap.

“Why didn't you introduce me to your friends? I'm upset.”

“We've all been busy bees. And we're having a celebratory dinner tonight, just us, the family, Eunji, her boyfriend Howon,” the last part earned Sunggyu a slap on the arm from Eunji, “and my CEO. And he knows about us – so don't worry too much.”

 

Myungsoo found himself sitting across from Sunggyu with Sungyeol on his left, Sunggyu's niece in his lap and Eunji to his right. They travelled together to the restaurant, and they were only waiting on Howon, Sunggyu's only other friend, Eunji says. He watched as Eunji's eyes twinkled when she saw the man walk through the door, and greeted him with a kiss that broke his intimidating façade. Sunggyu stood to greet him and they shared a friendly hug. Myungsoo's never seen Sunggyu so comfortable and so happy and it warmed his heart.

“Howon-”

“Hoya,”

“Howon, this is my boyfriend Myungsoo, Myungsoo this is my best friend Hoya.”

“Not bad,” Howon said while shaking the composer's hand, earning him a hit  upside the head from Sunggyu. They began dinner, and nice conversations floated around the room, Myungsoo wished Sunggyu talked to him but he didn't blame him — he was the star of the show.

Champagne was poured into each glass, and the CEO was first to make a toast, “to Sunggyu's first solo concert”.

They all raised their glasses to their lips, except Sunggyu, who stopped them. “Wait, I, uh. I have a toast.”

“Go ahead, anything for our star player.”

“To mine and Myungsoo's one year anniversary.” Myungsoo couldn't keep the grin off his face as Sunggyu leaned over the dinner table to kiss him, before downing the champagne with a smile.

 

Sunggyu went separate ways with his family after dinner, and Hoya, Eunji, and Myungsoo tagged along to Sunggyu's house for the night. Sunggyu at first showed Hoya and Eunji to their room, before coming to Myungsoo and hugging him for a long long time.

“I missed you.” Sunggyu mumbled into his neck, followed by a few butterfly kisses. “I missed you so much, I thought I was going to die. It's been so long since I got to hold you like this and, please. Don't ever leave again.”

“I kept it a secret from you but.. I actually have plans to move back next month.. with you, if you'll allow me.”

“Are you kidding me? Why would you ever think I'd say no? If you living with me means I get to kiss you everyday then of course.”

Myungsoo smiled and kissed Sunggyu's cheek, feeling so right in his arms. They kissed for a long time until a voice interrupted them. “Okay lovebirds, I know it's been a year but you're not the only people in the house. Nothing is going in anyone's anything right now, you understand?”

“Eunji, can you throw your mom complex, out my house? I just want to give my boyfriend affection, is that too much to ask?”

“Is he usually this sarcastic?” Myungsoo asked between laughs, “all he is is sweet to me, I wish he'd be more like this.”

Eunji groaned, “Sunggyu is the biggest I've met, he does a 360 when it comes to you.”

“That's Sunggyu oppa to you, Jung Hyerim.”

“Gross.”

Sunggyu clicked his tongue and replied with an “I love you too, where's your baby?”

“He's not my baby-”

“That's why you have him as Howonnie baby heart heart in your phone, right?”

Myungsoo elbowed Sunggyu's side, “stop being so mean.”

“This is just our thing,” Eunji smiled again, “don't worry about it.”

Sunggyu sighed and held Myungsoo close while he sat on the couch and waited for Hoya and Eunji to follow suit. While waiting, Sunggyu whispered sweet nothings into Myungsoo's ear and went on about how much he missed him and loved him and he made Myungsoo's heart flutter and beat a mile a minute.

Myungsoo heard a lot about how the three became friends and how Eunji was in complete denial about her's and Howon's relationship, until he knocked out.

Myungsoo woke up with arms wrapped around his waist. I wouldn't mind waking up like this every morning. The composer turned around and placed a lingering kiss on the lips of the man asleep, and watched as his eyes gently fluttered open and lips curved into a smile.

“Morning gorgeous. Did you sleep well?” Sunggyu asked as he raised his hands to his eyes and rubbed them sleepily, and somehow Sunggyu's sleepy voice was a big turn on (same, Myungsoo, same.)

“Like a baby. And you?”

“Even better now that you're here. What do you wanna do today?”

“Mm... I wanna do something to celebrate us. We can go on a double date with Eunji and Howon, if you and Eunji don't get caught. I spent all day yesterday on a plane, and then in line, and then at your concert. I barely got to really take in that I'm back with you.”

Sunggyu smiled and kissed him gently, moving to straddle the younger's hips. Myungsoo deepened the kiss and wrapped his arms around Sunggyu's neck. He felt fingers trace along his skin but stopped Sunggyu, “what about Hoya and Eunji.. we're not the only people in here..”

“They're out like lights, babe. I guarantee they won't wake up for another hour.” Sunggyu his lips and began at Myungsoo's neck, hands wandering his body, sending a familiar sensation through Myungsoo's body.

 

Sunggyu laid on the bed facing Myungsoo, no cloth separating their bodies and skin touching. He brushed Myungsoo's hair out of his face and pecked his nose, holding his body as if it were the most fragile thing in the world.

The bedroom door opened, which was accompanied by a horrified scream and a slam of the door. “Oh my God, you're . I did not need to see my best friend .”

“I'm going to go take a shower.” Myungsoo laughed and saluted, grabbing the extra pair of clothes that he had brought and locked himself in the bathroom. Sunggyu on the other hand got dressed and walked outside and found Hoya and Eunji being all gross and lovey (which they only did when they were alone), to which Sunggyu cleared his throat and they separated immediately.

“So I heard you got at it while we were sleeping? Nice, man.” Hoya sent a knowing smirk at Sunggyu who only laughed.

“It's been a year. And sorry I scared you, Ji, I didn't mean to.”

“It's okay. I've walked into worse. You two were just being typical lovers. I probably should have knocked anyway. Where's lover boy?”

“Shower. What do you want for breakfast?”

“What is this? The almighty Kim Sunggyu learned how to cook?” Howon exclaimed with a proud look on his face.

“Well if I'm living alone, I kind of have to, don't I? Don't underestimate me, Lee.”

“Isn't it Myungsoo's birthday in like two days? Do you have anything planned?”

“I have everything planned.”

 

Myungsoo felt very content staying at home and just having fun with the love of his life and his two friends, it was better than any other double date possible, he got to learn a lot of Sunggyu's dirty secrets. They parted ways, and Sunggyu had told him that he was hoping he could see him on his birthday.

 

Myungsoo woke up on the morning of his birthday and received a big kiss from his mom and a longing hug from his brother, and even some affection from his step-father (who he was still warming up to). He had finally come home after a year and he got to celebrate his 24th birthday that year with the two people that were near and dear to his heart, and the new addition to the family. Moonsoo drove them out to a nice, cozy restaurant for lunch, expecting it to just be the four of them, but too many tears came out when he saw Sunggyu standing right before his eyes with the Nams, Dongwoo, Sunggyu's family, Hoya, Eunji, Sungyeol and Daeyeol right behind him.

“Oh God, which one of you planned this?” Myungsoo began as Sunggyu wiped his tears away and kissed his forehead.

“Happy birthday, baby. I hope you like it.”

“Ugh, it was you. I just shouldn't have came to Korea, all my tears, now I'm a wreck in front of all you gorgeous people.”

The room erupted in laughter and Sunggyu pulled him into yet another breathtaking kiss before letting him go off to greet other people.

“You're all old now, Kim Myungsoo. 24 already? I swear you were just in diapers last year arguing with Woohyun about how the police car toy was yours and not his.”

“But it was mine, for your information, Boo hyung.” He received a chuckle and a ruffle of his hair before running to greet Sungyeol and Sunggyu's niece.

“Happy Birthday, Myungsoo. It’s good to have you back again, but you’re gonna leave again, aren’t you? Fine, just live your own life in Japan and forget all about us.”

“You’re being dramatic, Yeol.. I’m actually moving back next month.”

“Oh.”

 

After Myungsoo had settled down, all of them sat at the large table that was prepared for them, Sunggyu on his left and Moonsoo on his right. Sunggyu was busy chatting away with Hoya, so he decided to accompany himself with Moonsoo.

“Soo,”

“Yeah, hyung?”

“I’m coming back next month.”

Myungsoo’s heart swelled when he saw his brother’s eyes light up and his smile spread across his face. “Really?”

Myungsoo nodded with a small smile, “I need help out my baby brother now that he’s going to university soon, I got a job as a professor at his university… I want to be closer to my family and friends. I want to start anew, here. Leave all the bad things behind and focus on the good.”

Moonsoo threw his arms around his older brother. “You got a job at Seoul University without telling me? And you’re moving back home without telling me? You , hyung.”

“I was going to wait until your first day and have you figure out on your own, but yeah. And plus, Mom’s getting older and we can’t rely on Hyunwoo only to take care of her.”

“Let’s be real, hyung, you’re coming for Sunggyu.”

“That’s only part of it. What makes you think I don’t care about my family? You over Sunggyu any day, Kim Moonsoo.”

 

When it came time to open presents (24 and still having this whole birthday present thing), Myungsoo shed a lot of tears. Too many. Each person that attended had handed him something to open, except Sunggyu. Myungsoo felt a little disappointed, but he settled with the thought that the fact that he had planned all of this was enough. Around an hour after opening gifts, Myungsoo noticed that Sunggyu had disappeared. Emergency schedule? He sighed in disappointment when music began to play and it was that voice, his voice that began singing. The composer looked in all directions until he saw his lover clad in a simple suit without a tie, smiling in his direction as heads turned from all the guests in their reserved section of the restaurant. He stopped in front of Myungsoo and offered his hand to take. Myungsoo stood and admired as Sunggyu’s eyes turned into crescents.

“You were really disappointed in me, weren’t you?”

Myungsoo shook his head to which Sunggyu laughed at, looking down at their hands and intertwining their fingers, letting them rest at their sides. “I saw the disappointment on your face. And I’m sorry I made you upset, I just had everything planned and I wanted this moment to be special.” Myungsoo crinkled his nose as he saw half the people in the entire room with their phones out through his peripheral vision.

“It’s been a year since we fell in love. And I know one year is miniscule to the many many more years I hope to have with you. And it’s your birthday today, and everyday I find myself falling more and more in love with you, and I didn’t even know it was humanly possible to love a person as much as I love you, but here we are..”

“Gyu, you’re gonna make me cry again..”

“I always thought it was going to be a long time until I found a person who loved me as much as I loved them, but the moment I saw you, I knew it was you all along. This isn’t some marriage proposal,” he paused, pulling out a box from his pocket, “but, if you’ll let me, I promise to love you no matter the circumstance. We went a year long distance, I was the most busy I’d ever been in my life, and yet you still stuck with me. It was our unspoken, or at least mine, to love you as long as I live.”

Myungsoo opened his mouth to speak, but nothing left his vocal chords, but tears rather his eyes. Instead of expressing his emotions through words, he grabbed Sunggyu’s face and brought him in for a kiss, mixed with salty tears and gentle smiles that Myungsoo would never be able to erase out of his mind. After pulling away and catching his breath, he finally found the words to say, but, “God, I love you,” was the only thing that came out.

“I promise to love you as long as you promise me the same?” Sunggyu stated, but came out more as question.

“Is my answer not obvious enough?”

“I just want to hear it.”

Myungsoo smiled so wide his cheeks began to ache, before kissing Sunggyu once more, and mumbling “yes” against his lips.


i finally brought out Sunggyu's True Form
but yeah, i hope you enjoyed that, i really enjoyed writing this chapter, i even risked sleep wen i had to get up early the next morning while i was writing this, things get real from here!!!!