팔 (eight)

Infatuation

Myungsoo invited Sunggyu over for dinner after they returned, and despite his mother lashing out at the start, she kindly watched over and fed Sunggyu after getting over her fears.

They belatedly celebrated their two month anniversary that day, and they spent it exchanging loving kisses and laughing with Moonsoo and Myungsoo's mother. Moonsoo had told his mom that he invited Daeyeol over, which made Myungsoo tense, only to be soothed by Sunggyu's hands rubbing his shoulders.

The doorbell rang and Moonsoo booked it to the door, Myungsoo following shortly after without his notice.

Myungsoo admired as he watched his brother and his best friend turned boyfriend share a sweet peck, which was later broken by Myungsoo slapping his brother upside the head.

“Ow, hyung! What was that for?”

“For not telling me! I had to find out through Sungyeol who I coincidentally met. Ugh, you two are so frustrating. Mom doesn't know, does she?”

“No.”

“Tell her.”

“That's why I invited him.”

“Good.”

Myungsoo smiled as he saw his brother intertwine his fingers with the other and walk ahead of him, following behind and taking his seat next to Sunggyu.

Myungsoo believed he could never forget the look of joy on his brother's face when their mom smiled and kissed the crown of his head.

 

Their mom left for work and the four sat on the couch cuddling up together when Myungsoo let out an announcement that put the other three into sadness.

“I'm going back home... tomorrow. It's already been a month and I need to go back to work. My vacation time is over.”

Myungsoo's heart shrunk when he saw the pout on his lover's lips, and leaned over to kiss it away — fulfilling the one wish he had when he first met Sunggyu.

“I have nothing to do tomorrow so I'll be there..”

“Has it really already been a month?”

“Time flies.”

 

Although Myungsoo had demanded hi brother many times to go to school instead of dropping him off, he eventually gave in and let his brother drive him to the airport.

“Take care of Mom, don't break Daeyeol's heart, don't let Daeyeol break your heart, take care of yourself, okay? I'll come back soon.” Myungsoo began as his little brother welled up in tears. He gathered him in his arms and pressed a kiss to the crown of his head. “I'll be back Soo, don't cry. I'll call you everyday, I won't do that stupid thing I did for three years, and only call you every once in a while. Don't be such a baby, the baby brother title should have been long gone when you turned 10.”

Moonsoo nodded and squeezed his brother once again before pulling apart. “Go to school now, I can't believe you would ever choose to ditch school for your brother who's a professor. Go, go go.”

“I love you hyung.”

“I love you more, Soo.”

As soon as his brother left, he sighed and looked around for Sunggyu, until he felt a familiar pair of arms around his waist and tears already staining his clothes.

Myungsoo turned around and rested his hands on the elders shoulders before scrunching up his eyebrows. “You too, stop crying, you big baby. You're lucky you're behind a mask so your tears aren't even that evident.”

“I'm gonna miss you, that's all. Long distance is so terrible..”

“God, you're so cute.” Myungsoo pulled down his mask and leaned in and was met halfway for a longing kiss. “I love you, so much.”

Sunggyu placed more desperate kisses on his lips before replying with an “I love you, too.” Sunggyu held his waist tight and they spent what felt like hours just looking into each other's eyes before meeting lips once again.

Myungsoo pulled a flashdrive out of his pocket and took Sunggyu's hand, placing it in his palm and closing his fingers around it. “This is everything I've composed that I thought you should listen to. Take some of them for your album, too. If you'd like. You have all my permission.”

“You should probably go now.” Sunggyu said, staring down at his feet and rubbing his thumb along Myungsoo's skin.

Myungsoo nodded and pecked the elders lips, pulling the mask to cover his face again, before reluctantly letting go of his hands and walking away, not forgetting to tell him he loves him and he'll call him when he gets home.

 

Myungsoo stepped off the plane and felt a smile grow on his face at the feeling of being back home. Everything felt in place, and spring had fully blossomed, Myungsoo's favorite time of the year in Japan.

He stepped into his home and didn't bother to unpack, dressing into something light before grabbing his DSLR from his desk drawer and stepping outside once again.

He traveled to the theatre where he first met Sunggyu, and began snapping photos, went to the restaurant they had their first meal together, Tokyo Tower. Myungsoo was taking photos again and it felt like a breath of fresh air.

He pulled his phone out of his pocket as he sat on a swing in a tranquil park— the one he had taken Sunggyu to, specifically, only to find many missed calls from both his brother and boyfriend.

“Oh, thank God you're alive.” He heard the relief in Sunggyu's voice once he had called back.

“Thanks for the hello,” he let out a soft chuckle.

“Hi, baby. I was just worried, that's all. Your flight was only supposed to be 5 hours and you didn't call so I was just trying to make sure.”

“Sorry for making you worry. I went out the moment I got home because spring is in full blossom and you know that it's my favorite season. I took a lot of pictures for 2 hours at most and now I'm just sitting down enjoying my surroundings.”

“That's good to hear. I'm preparing for another music show, and I'm glad you called because I don't think I'd be able to go up onstage with my dumb, paranoid self.”

“Well, now you can go onstage and kill it. You'll do amazing, and listen to those songs when you have time.”

“I wouldn't forget to. Anyway, I don't want to strip you of time to enjoy being back home before you go to work, and I'll be off for rehearsal anyway, so I'll call you later. Love you.”

“Love you too.”

 

Myungsoo walked into his classroom the next day and was welcomed with warming hugs from all his students. It felt good to be home indeed.

“Professor, what did you do in Korea?”

“I just visited all my friends and family, that’s all. I didn’t do anything super special, just in case you nosy kids would try to stick your heads in my business like you are now.” Myungsoo joked and watched as his kids settled themselves before reading reviews from their substitute professor and nodding proudly.

“You guys did a good job while I was gone, I’m impressed. It’s probably because you just want something in return, and I’ll be glad to give it to you.” His students’ eyes lit up as he pulled a bag from underneath his desk.

“While I was in Korea I was thinking about you guys a lot, what to give you. I initially wanted to get you guys some souvenirs or something, but since you’re music kids I had to get you something music related… I know composition books are really expensive here, so I got you all brand new composition books as well as an album from a really good friend of mine who just debuted in Korea.”

“Is it signed? Professor, I really like Korean artists, can you tell us who it is?”

“They are signed, and the artist is Kim Sunggyu.”

The same girl spoke up with wide eyes and excitement in her voice, “You’re friends with Kim Sunggyu? He’s so handsome, I fell in love with him at first sight. Prof, you should introduce us!”

Myungsoo laughed a little too loud, but luckily his students didn’t notice, and they also didn’t notice the possessiveness that was itching to be released. “Maybe I’ll introduce you. I can call him, right now, maybe? For being good.”

“Really, teach? You would do that?”

Myungsoo nodded and began handing out the composition notebooks and albums as he pulled out his phone and dialed his boyfriend’s number.

“Hello?” It was his sleepy voice and Myungsoo rolled his eyes - sleeping at 2 in thee afternoon.

“Did I wake you? Sorry, my students wanted to talk to you, and I promised I’d reward them if they were good and this suddenly became part of that reward.”

“Anything for you, Kim Myungsoo~” Sunggyu teased, and Myungsoo was really grateful that his students were Japanese and not Korean.

Sunggyu had a really nice conversation with Myungsoo’s students in broken Japanese, and Myungsoo stepped out of the classroom to continue (end) the conversation with Sunggyu.

“They kept saying things like oh my gosh, Kim Sunggyu is so attractive, I want him to be mine! Introduce me, Professor, so we can fall in love! I wanted to die and that’s all your fault.”

“Why? It’s not my fault girls love me.”

“But I do too…”

Sunggyu could hear the pout on Myungsoo’s lips and he let out a chuckle. “Stop pouting, baby. I can hear it in your voice. I love you too, okay. No matter how many people are all over me its only you.”

“Ugh, I’ll call you later.”

“Bye, Professor Jealous.”

Myungsoo nearly snorted.


apologizes for the short chapter but everything is so difficult when theyre long distance lol. but heres a bittersweet chapter, i hope you liked it :)