사 (Four)

Infatuation

You could say they got somewhere in 5 days. Hand holding, cheek kissing, pet names, nothing but love in their eyes. They found love with someone who was a stranger only a week ago.

 

“Do you really have to leave?” Myungsoo sat on Sunggyu's hotel bed, remembering how he slept there on the night of their first meeting just as Sunggyu insisted. He watched the elder fold and pack his clothes into his bag.

Sunggyu nodded his head with a sad smile on his lips. “I'll come back, and this isn't our end, you should know that.”

“Of course. I'll wait for my beautiful Dracula to come back to me.”

A blush flushed Sunggyu's cheeks as he held back a smile, sitting down next to Myungsoo in the process.

Their foreheads met and noses brushed, their eyes met with smiles plastered upon their faces. Sunggyu leaned in and Myungsoo met him halfway.

Their lips melded together and fit like puzzle pieces. Hands placed on waists, arms around necks, a deep, sensual, loving kiss.

“For the amount of time we don't get to do this...” Myungsoo placed a peck on Sunggyu's lips and then one on his nose. “I'll come visit you in Korea soon..”

Their lips met once again and Sunggyu's hand made its way to Myungsoo's waist, gently laying him down on the bed without parting their lips. He began to place light kisses on Myungsoo's neck. “I love you...”

Myungsoo's heart fluttered. “I love you too..”

 

Myungsoo's heart raced as he sat in the drivers seat, fingers nervously tapping on the steering wheel while waiting for his boyfriend to get in the car.

No one asked anyone to be anyone's boyfriend. It just happened and that's all that mattered.

But Myungsoo's heart ached. He spent 7 days with someone he was so desperately in love with, and now he had to part with that person for months.

Myungsoo was taking Sunggyu to the airport. He broke from his trance when he heard the passenger door shut. “You ready?”

“Ready as I'll ever be.” A loud sigh escaped Sunggyu's lips, which pursed while he grabbed the hand that was closest to him and interlaced their fingers. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” Myungsoo's thumb gently caressed the elders hand as he started the car and drove off in the direction of the airport.

 

Myungsoo parked the car and got out, first opening Sunggyu's door and then gravitating toward the trunk to retrieve Sunggyu's luggage. “I'll carry it. You just relax.” Myungsoo smiled, feeling a little more at ease seeing Sunggyu's smiling face.

“If you say so.” The elder bit his lip to hold back the wider smile that threatened to spread across his lips.

 

“Call me when you get there, text me do whatever but I want to make sure you get there safe.”

“Yes, mom.”

Myungsoo chuckled and took both of Sunggyu's hands in his, filling in the spaces between his fingers. “I love you.” He whispered against his lips.

There was silence.

“I love you too,” Sunggyu said with a shaky breath, feeling his cold tears run down his cheeks. “I'll miss you.”

Myungsoo brought their lips together for a short kiss, before proceeding to wipe away Sunggyu's tears through his own tears eyes. “Don't cry...” Myungsoo took a deep breath. “Go now.. If I keep looking at you I'm going to end up crying.”

Sunggyu smiled and grabbed his things, pecking the composer on the lips one last time before going to meet his cast members.

 

“Who's the boy?” His female lead questioned.

Sunggyu shrugged. “Someone special.” He admired Myungsoo's back as he walked away.

“Some weird Japanese boy you met on our tour days?” Her eyebrows furrowed.

“Something like that.”

“Why did he take you here instead of your manager?”

“He wanted to, I guess.”

 

I'm home, Professor.

Myungsoo's smiled brightly at the text and rolled around in his bed in content, deciding to call him.

“I miss you.”

“I miss you too. Go to sleep. You have class tomorrow.”

“But I wanna talk to you...”

“We'll talk tomorrow. Sleep now. I love you.”

“Love you too.. Goodnight.” Myungsoo reluctantly hung up the call and pulled his sheets over his body and closed his eyes, dreaming of the day he gets to see Sunggyu again.

 

1 month later

 

Myungsoo's eyes slowly opened as he heard his phone ringing, wondering why his alarm would be going off if he didn't even have a class to teach today. He rolled over to turn it off but saw that Sunggyu was calling & he immediately picked it up.

“Hey, Myung... I know it's late and I probably woke it up but I have good news and I couldn't wait...”

“It's okay. Anything for you.. What's the good news?”

“I-I'm debuting as a solo artist in 2 weeks... I kept the album a secret from you because I wanted to surprise you... But now teasers are out and I can tell you.”

Myungsoo broke into a smile. “That's amazing... You're amazing. I knew you could make it big, I just knew it.. Damn, I wish I could be there for it.”

“I wish you were here too..”

Myungsoo sat up and his computer and silently started searching for flights to Korea. “I'm proud of you. So proud.”

“That's it.. Sorry for waking you. I just wanted to tell you, and.. hear your voice.. Goodnight... Love you.”

“I love you too.”

 

Sunggyu was debuting a week after his birthday, on May 3rd, which would mark their 2 month anniversary as well. Myungsoo would be flying in on April 27th, but Sunggyu didn't know that.

 

Send me your address, I want you send you something for congratulations~

You don't have to...

Just do it, for me (^ω^)

 

“Mom!”

“Hi baby, what's up?”

“I'm coming home. I'll be in Korea for about a month...”

He could hear the smile on his mom's lips as she spoke. “That's great to hear. I miss my baby. I wonder when you'll really come home..”

“I don't think it'll be long... maybe.. a year? We'll see..”

“When do you arrive?”

“Early morning on the 27th... I want to spend that day with you because it's a close friend's birthday on the 28th and I want to surprise him.”

“I'll send Moonsoo.”

“See you then. Love you.”

“Love you too, baby.”

 

“Hyung, it's been so long since you came home.” Moonsoo said with his eyes still glued to the road.

“I know. I miss it here.”

“Come home~”

“Not quite yet..”

After a comfortable silence, his younger brother spoke up again.

“Hyung, there's this totally hot singer debuting next week, he looks like your type. You know, if you don't have a boyfriend yet.”

“Oh really, what's his name?” Myungsoo raised his brow.

“Kim Sunggyu. You'd probably date him if you knew him. He went to Japan lately! Did you see him? If he were your boyfriend, would you finally tell mom that you're gay?”

“I would. Does that mean I should tell her?”

“Well he's not your boyfriend yet so you can't.”

Myungsoo laughed. “Why do you think I came to Korea? To see you? No, I came for my boyfriend's debut.”

Moonsoo's jaw dropped as he pulled into their driveway. “Seriously? You met him in Japan? And you've been seeing him since then?”

Myungsoo nodded his head and ruffled his little brother's hair before getting out and taking out his luggage and entering through the garage door.

“Mom?”

He heard a loud squeal and was immediately pulled into a tight hug. “Oh, my baby I've missed you!” She cupped his cheeks and planted kisses all over his face before halting and moving her hands down to rub his shoulder. “Three years and my little boy is suddenly a man...”

He chuckled and admired his mother, who was still as healthy, happy, and beautiful as he remembered.

“So this friend.. when did you meet him? Because as far as I know you cut all contact with anyone here after Woohyun...”

Myungsoo nodded. “I met him in Japan a month ago... we became really close and he's debuting as a singer next week. I wanted to congratulate him.”

“I'm glad you're making friends. Go around Seoul. See how things have changed. It's early so it's not really bustling, it'd be better if you went now.”

“I will. I'm gonna visit Woohyun hyung tomorrow with my friend because we met thanks to him.”

She nodded and rubbed his back before patting it and sending him outside. “Have fun.”

 

I hope you're not having some hardcore practice today. It's your birthday.

Luckily I don't. Just a leisure day at home all by myself. Parents are too far away, you're in Japan, you jerk.

I'm not in Japan though.

Then where are you, Korea? Ha, ha, very funny. You're hilarious.

Check outside your apartment. Not through the window, though.

 

The door in front of him swung open and he was greeted with the second most tight hug since he had arrived. “God, I can't believe you're here.” Sunggyu pressed their lips together. “I..” kiss, “missed,” kiss, “you,” kiss, “so,” kiss, “damn,” kiss, “much.”

“Happy birthday.” He smiled against Sunggyu's lips and slithered his arms around the elder's neck. “You know that thing I was gonna send you for congrats?”

“It arrived.” Sunggyu chuckled, taking his boyfriend's hand into his own and leading him inside. “How long are you staying.”

“Mm... A month? For your promotion, and I want to stay for our anniversary, mm... and to visit a friend on a certain day. Speaking of him... I want you to meet him. Today.”

“So sudden, don't you think?”

“But it's important... and I haven't seen him in 3 years. I promised I'd come back with someone who makes me happy.”

“Alright. Let me just get ready.”

 

“No car?”

“Sorry, left it at home. But it's walking distance from here.” Myungsoo pursed his lips and grabbed the singer's hand, “if I start to cry when we get there, don't stop me.. It's been long. Just be right there with me, okay?”

“I won't leave.” Minutes later, Myungsoo stopped in his tracks.

 

“We're here.”

“A cemetery?”

Myungsoo didn't speak a word and just nodded his head, for he felt choked up and couldn't speak. He felt Sunggyu squeezing his hand tight to comfort him and he let his tears fall from his eyes.

In loving memory of a loving brother, a son, a best friend, and a warrior, Nam Woohyun February 8, 1991 - May 15, 2012.

“Hi hyung..” Myungsoo bit his lip. “It-It's been a while and I'm sorry about that. I'm sure Dongwoo hyung, and your mom, and dad, and Boohyun hyung have come and visit you a lot... so you haven't been too lonely.”

“You're probably angry at me.. for not coming to see you in three years. But I thought of you every single day... you're 24 now, you're so old, hyung.. You were only 21 when we lost you..”

“Remember that promise I made? You always wanted me to be happy... and after you left I believed I could never be happy anymore. But I promised you next time I saw you I'd come with someone who makes me happy. This.. This is Sunggyu hyung. I met him last month and he's made me the most happy I've been since you left. He's debuting as a singer next week... and we met because of music. Thanks to you, we met because of music. I hope you're listening to my music well, hyung.”

“Nice to meet you, Woohyun-ssi.” Sunggyu speaking up had surprised Myungsoo, but he felt Sunggyu's warmth as he continued talking. “Myungsoo told me about you. How you made him love music, how you were the most amazing person he's ever met.”

“I love him a lot, hyung.. I know you would too. I'll see you in a few weeks hyung... I'll be here with everyone else.. We'll curse that jerk for the whole day.. Although I know you'd want us to forgive him..”

 

“If you don't mind... how did Woohyun pass away?”

“He was in an abusive relationship. On the day he tried to break up with him, it was at Han River. Hyung didn't expect it... but his partner basically beat him to death... right there... where everyone could see.. Witnesses heard him yell things like ‘I've treated you so well and yet you don't want to be with me? You're better off dead than without me, I've done so much for you.’” Myungsoo's heart ached at the thought of it. “He didn't die on the spot... he was in a coma and passed away the day after... The last thing he said to me was that even if he came home bruised and battered he'd be out of it. I wasn't expecting him to not come home at all.”

“I'm sorry. He didn't deserve that..”

“He really didn't. If he were here right now he'd be so excited to meet you.. But if he were here right now he probably would never meet you and neither would I.” Myungsoo groaned. “I'm sorry. I made your day just a really sad one and I didn't mean to be all sentimental and emotional this day is supposed to be about you, I just mess things up. You're probably really mad, I'm sorry.”

Sunggyu let out a soft laugh. “Look at me. Do I look upset or mad? I'm so happy you're here and I'm so happy you took me to meet someone important. I could never be mad at you, baby. What do you want to do?”

“It's your birthday.. you decide... also.. you don't care about being in public like this with me? You're about to debut what if something happens and you can't debut it'll all be-”

“If it makes you comfortable, let's just go back to my apartment.”

 

They found themselves on the couch with Myungsoo on Sunggyu's lap, facing each other, lips attached without even a few breaths between.

Myungsoo finally broke apart and laid down on the couch, head in Sunggyu's lap. “You know what my brother told me when I arrived? That there was this new singer debuting and he was totally hot and my type. I agree, I saw his photos and I thought damn, I'd tap that.” Myungsoo smirked at the slightly angry, slightly upset look on Sunggyu's face.

“Oh really, what's this guy's name and when is he debuting?”

“Well... he debuts around the same time as you... and his name... that slipped my mind. All I know is he was hot and that's all that matters. If you meet him tell him I said hello.”

“You don't remember his name? Pft. Hello? You think I'm going to say hello to a guy that my own boyfriend thinks is hot?”

“Hey, cutie, look at me. He's not just hot. He's the most beautiful, adorable, hot, handsome, talented, most jealous over no one man I have ever seen in my life.”

“What?”

“The hottie my brother was talking about was you, idiot. I look at no one but you.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah, oh.” He jabbed a finger at Sunggyu's stomach and was tackled down immediately. A light kiss was pressed on his lips. “Let's just stay like this.”

 

“Isn't your mom wondering where you are? Come on, I'll take you home.”

“But it's your birthday, I don't want to trouble you I can just-”

“It's raining, and plus, I want to be with you as much as possible before I get all busy and you go home home.”

“Fine.” Sunggyu led him down to his car opening the door for him, shutting it for him, buckling his seatbelt for him. “You know, I'm so glad you're here, baby. So glad.”

“I'm glad I'm here too... and I can visit here without feeling like I'm suffocating.”

After 10 minutes of small talk, Sunggyu pulled up to their home with a reluctant smile on his face.

“Let me just stay in here with you for a little bit. I'll call my mom and just say I'm outside, she won't mind.”

Sunggyu nodded and admired as his boyfriend smiled on the phone with his mom. He hung up and looked over at the singer with a shy smile on his face. “Happy birthday. I hope you had a good day.”

Sunggyu pressed their foreheads together and smiled brightly. “I had an amazing day. You're here, I met your best friend, you're here...”

“You,” kiss, “make,” kiss, “me,” kiss, “so,” kiss, “damn,” kiss, “happy,” kiss. “Nothing could have made this day better.”

 

“No, mom! He's fine, he told me. He'll be in soon.”

“What's taking him so long, is that the car he's in?”

“P-probably.” Moonsoo bit his lip as he faintly witnessed his brother and the singer being intimate.

“Ah.. that's his ‘friend’ he told me about, huh? Seems a lot more than that.”

 

“I'll walk you to your door.”

“Mm..” Myungsoo half heartedly replied while placing a peck on the elders lips.

Myungsoo waited for Sunggyu to open the door for him, but he was taking a long time. He looked outside and saw his mom talking to Sunggyu, and Moonsoo trying to negotiate.

He promptly opened the door and slammed it behind him, drawing attention to himself. “Mom, I told you I'd be inside.”

“Why didn't you tell me?”

“I know how you are, mom. I just got here, I didn't want to upset you.”

“I-I'm not upset. I'm just shocked.”

“Not upset meaning you'll never want me to meet him again and you'd rather I meet some pretty girl who doesn't make me happy like he does?”

Silence.

“Myungsoo, you know I just don't want you with a man because of what happened with Woohyun... we don't need another tragic loss in our lives.”

“Sunggyu isn't like that. He's never even said something foul to me let alone would do foul things to me.”

“How long have you been together?”

“Almost two months.”

“You wouldn't know his intentions.” His mother said harshly.

“Does he look like a man who would harm someone? I'd know, mom. I'd know. After all it was my best friend that was killed by one of those demons... from the moment Woohyun hyung introduced me to him I knew it wouldn't go down well. I know what I'm doing.”

“You didn't expect him to die.”

“Of course I didn't. No one did. When I first saw hyung with dried blood on his face and bruises all over I tried. I tried so hard to tell him but he didn't listen until he couldn't take it.”

“And that's what I'm telling you.. just.. don't meet him. He's better off in jail before he can even lay a fist on you.”

“Don't you dare say that about him. He won’t hurt me. Just trust me."

 

"I'm sorry that your birthday had to end like this. All crappy with my mom making assumptions and all."

"It's not your fault. And thanks for believing in me baby. I appreciate it."


yooo not my usual update day but my bad for not updating on thursday or satuday, i just didnt have the chapter done. longest chapter yet!!!!!!!!! hope you enjoyed it, the chapter was too mushy, i needed some conflict lol