십 (ten)

Infatuation

Myungsoo sat at the dinner table and admired the silver ring on his finger with a smile when gentle hands s around his body from behind.

“You like it?”

“Is that even a question? Of course I like it, because it came from you and I love you.” Myungsoo leaned into the subtle embrace and smiled when he felt lips on the top of his head. “Why is it that even after a year, you still make my stomach do flips and I haven't lost all these feelings for you even after being apart from you for a year?”

Myungsoo's heart swelled when he heard Sunggyu's gentle chuckle. “It's the same for me, baby.”

“What even is there to like about me? I don't understand why me of all people,” Myungsoo joked, “it's me that you chose to love. Why do you love me?”

“I didn't choose to love you, silly,” he sat in the seat next to Myungsoo, taking his hand and fumbling with the ring between his fingers. “It just happened. And there's everything to love about you. The way your pupils get bigger when you're happy, or your dimples that never cease when you're smiling that gorgeous smile of yours, the way your lips fit perfectly against mine, the fact that you're the only person in my life that has ever made me feel so head over heels in love, the way your skin feels against mine. I love the way my name rolls off your tongue like honey. I love it all.” Sunggyu never met his eyes, too embarrassed with himself that he could only look at the silver around his lovers finger.

He could hear the smile on Myungsoo's face when he muttered a soft “I love you.” Myungsoo looked at Sunggyu's (pretty) hands that played with his own. “Gyu?”

“Hm?”

“You said you want to spend many more years with me. How many exactly?”

“Until the day I die. And when we both die we'll see each other again in Heaven.”

“But what if we break up?”

Sunggyu shook his head. “Not happening,” Myungsoo laughed when Sunggyu burst out singing 2AM's Can't Let You Go Even If I Die, “I know it's you. I know you're the one I want to spend the rest of my life with.”

“Are we getting married?”

“If you want to. We don't need some ceremony or paper to prove our love. But if you want a big day or you want us to register for marriage then we will. Whatever makes you happy.”

Myungsoo pouted, “you only ever put me first. You have to put yourself first too, Gyu. I don't understand why you do that.”

Sunggyu's eyes curved into crescent moons before he replied, “I'm not talking about you though, I'm talking about us, because it's only us, not only you and me.”

“When will we get married? Why didn't you just propose on my birthday?”

“Are you that impatient, baby? It's been only a year, I want to get to know you even better, I want to love you better. And since you're moving in with me, I have that exact opportunity. I promise we'll get married, but I'm in the prime of my career and so are you, we'll wait until it dies down so I'm not just a busy bee of a husband who never gets to come home.”

“I love you.”

“I love you more.”

 

Myungsoo left back to Japan a few days later and began to pack up all his things and get ready to move them all to Korea, and sooner or later his moving date arrived. Moonsoo and Daeyeol picked him up (Sunggyu was unable to due to being overseas for a concert) and helped him move everything into Sunggyu's apartment (surprisingly very discreetly).

 

Myungsoo sat on the couch in the living room and waited for Sunggyu to come home while he was watching TV, ready to surprise him because he hadn't known when in the month Myungsoo would be moving in.

The professor hummed in approvement when he heard the passcode being punched in and stood up in Sunggyu's direct line of view.

“Welcome home.”

Sunggyu's head snapped up and next thing he knew he was being lifted off the ground and kissed to his lover's content. He didn't speak until his feet were planted back on the ground, not removing his arms from the elder's neck.

“You don't have to worry anymore?”

“You should have told me, I wouldn't have had a heart attack the moment I walked into my house.”

“But that was the point.”

 

fast forwards like 2 months bc sunggyu is all busy and it boring as hell

 

Myungsoo sat in his classroom which was nicely tidied, ready to start his first day as a music professor in Korea, and ready to (try not to) play favorites on his little brother.

His students filed in one by one and greeted him with kind smiles and hellos, lots of side comments of wow he's handsome, or he's really hot or I wonder if he's single, to which Myungsoo chuckled at. He began introducing himself once he finished attendance. “My name is Kim Myungsoo, but don't call me Myungsoo, I prefer Professor, Professor Kim, or Teach, whatever works for you.” Myungsoo raised an eyebrow when he saw his brother raise his hand.

“What about hyung? You seem pretty young anyway.”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “I'm sorry, Kim Moonsoo-ssi, but hyung is off limits inside my classroom, no matter how young I am, otherwise I may allow it, if you are good students.”

“But hyung-”

“Kim Moonsoo-ssi,”

The class furrowed their eyebrows and glanced back and forth between the brothers. “Despite the blood relation we have, I'm afraid I've made it clear that hyung is off limits inside my classroom. Inside my classroom there is a professor student relationship only.”

His brother sighed in defeat and Myungsoo laughed, shocking the class (maybe he had come off a little too hard?). “Kim Moonsoo is my little brother, but don't let it be of any hindrance to you. And don't be afraid of me. I assume I've come off a little strict but I promise I'm laid back.”

 

During his lunch break he got a call from Sunggyu and answered with a smile on his face. “Hi,” he said almost shyly, “how are you?”

“Mm, I'm off tonight, so how about we grab some dinner and have some fun? You don't have any night classes today, right?”

“Are you home?”

“Yeah. Promotion's finally over, and you know yesterday was the party, so tonight it's just you and me.”

“It sounds good, I have to drop off Moonsoo and Daeyeol before I get home though, unless you were planning on going out for dinner.”

“It would be nice to stay in... Have a candle lit dinner..”

“Are you cooking for me?”

“In honor of your first day, baby. We'll do everything.”

“Everything?”

Sunggyu laughed at Myungsoo's eagerness, “Yes baby, I'll call you later. Your lunch break is only so long.”

“Love you.”

“Love you too.”

Myungsoo jumped when the door of his classroom opened, but felt relieved to see his brother and his boyfriend instead of other students. “Was Sunggyu hyung ing you?”

Myungsoo ended up having a coughing fit before replying, “No, were you listening in on my conversation?”

“We didn't hear everything, we came late, and didn't want to interrupt in the middle of your conversation so we just waited.”

“At least you're respectful. Get to class. Meet me here when you're done.”

 

Myungsoo sighed as he pulled into the parking lot of his (and Sunggyu's) apartment complex and went up to their room, unlocking it and finding his back slammed against the door immediately and hungry lips on his.

After much struggle, Myungsoo detached himself from his lover in short breaths. “Quite the hello, you've worked hard, how was your day, huh?”

“You just took so long and it's my off day and of course all I want to do on my off day is spend it with the love of my life.”

“You're never this needy Gyu, it's cute. You didn't even answer my question, how was your day?”

“The worst.”

“Why?”

“Because you're such a ing tease, oh my God.”

Myungsoo laughed a little too hard before kissing the pout on Sunggyu's lips and brushing past him to set his stuff down.

 

They ended up spending the night forgetting about that candle lit dinner and Myungsoo sat propped between Sunggyu's legs and head laid on his chest.

“What happened to my dinner?”

“Oh come on.”

“I'm kidding.” Myungsoo snuggled into Sunggyu's embrace a little more. Myungsoo let out a whine when the doorbell rang and Sunggyu pushed him off to get it.

“It's Moonsoo, and some lady and some man.”

Myungsoo raised an eyebrow when Sunggyu allowed the three in and noticed the two that were behind him were his dad and his step mother.

“Oh.”

“Suji wanted to see you, and she dragged Dad along...” Moonsoo but his lip and stared at his brother who watched Sunggyu's eyes widen as he immediately folded himself into a more than ninety degree bow.

“Why did someone else open the door? I thought this was Myungsoo's place.”

“Oh, well we're actually-”

“Roommates,” Myungsoo interjected. “This is Sunggyu, my f-friend and roommate.”

Myungsoo wavered under his father's gaze, and Sunggyu didn't dare to touch him considering he had introduced him as a friend only, and left the comforting to Moonsoo.

“Ugh, I'm sorry this is all my fault, I know how bad your relationship is with Dad and-”

“Our relationship isn't bad.” Myungsoo snorted at his father's comment.

“If our relationship wasn't bad you would have never left Mom and never disowned me.”

“Me separating from your mother had nothing to do with you, Kim Myungsoo.”

It had everything to do with me. She divorced you because you couldn't even love me like I was yours, I was trash. I've lived 24 years of my life cowering under you but 24 years has been enough. Excerpt from Kim Soohyun, altered by Kim Myungsoo — you've never been my father, and you've known that since the day you left. Define day you left, March 13, 1992. Now please, get out of my house. Thanks for the visit.”


im sorry for the short and utter crap chapter, also late update. I've been really busy lately, my whole entire schedule has been wake up, school, taekwondo, homework, sleep, repeat.  I've had zero time to fit in a lot of writing or crank out some ideas so ;;; thanks