십이 (twelve)

Infatuation

They spent a lot of time on the album, Myungsoo co-produced them and called all the people he wanted to feature in the album (aka Eunji), and it was an overall success.

After Sunggyu's first win, Myungsoo was in for a little surprise.

“Uh, thank you to my family, my friends, especially the composer of each and every single song on my album, Kim Myungsoo, who is especially talented, who I'm extremely close with, and to all my fans for the support...”

Myungsoo nodded his head in approval as he sat at home with a smile on his face as Sunggyu began to sing for the encore. Once Sunggyu had exited the stage and the show had changed into a late night drama, Myungsoo received a text from the singer.

Get dressed, I called Moonsoo to pick you up. We're going out for a family dinner. No complaints, this is what I wanted to do if I won. Just a dinner with you, Moonsoo, Mom, Dad, your mom, Daeyeol, Byul, Sunkyu noona, Sungyeol, Eunji and Howon.

I wouldn't have complained in the first place. Congratulations, Dracula.

Myungsoo's little brother showed up at his door and proceeded to drag him out before answering Myungsoo's calm, “was I the only one who didn't know about this whole dinner thing?”

“Yes.”

 

Myungsoo got out of the car and walked toward Sungyeol's family restaurant without his brother and greeted everyone there with warm smiles. “Where's the star of the night?”

“Bathroom or something, he should be out soon.” Eunji nodded before locking her phone and shoving it back in her purse, eyes shifting around the room.

Myungsoo felt a gentle hand on his shoulder and turned around to meet his face. “Congrats, Gyu.”

“Thank you, gorgeous. Let's go sit down, hm?”

Myungsoo nodded and sat in his chair, expecting everyone to sit down and start ordering, but instead they stood up with their phones pointing straight at him.

“I think with how obvious our family is being you might know what's about to happen,” Sunggyu muttered, to which Myungsoo shook his head at, not yet grasping the situation.

“We both know that I want to shout to the whole world how much I love you. But because of me and my dumb famous , I can't do that. But I hope your family and my family - our family knows how much I love you and how I would go to the ends of the earth for you. Our love knows no limits and if the fact that I'm in love with a man in a homophobic country is a limit, I won't let it be. So Kim Myungsoo,”

Sunggyu got down on one knee and pulled out a small box from his pocket. “I know I told you we wouldn't do anything really extreme, but I promised Eunji that if I won I'd do a big proposal. So, Kim Myungsoo, will you marry me?”

Myungsoo looked anywhere but his lover's eyes, trying to hold back the (dumb) tears that threatened to fall before hitting the elder's head lightly. “I'd be crazy if I said no.”

Sunggyu smiled and slid the band onto his now fiancè's finger and pulled him in for a kiss.

 

Sunggyu woke up the next morning with too many texts.

Sunggyu?? What's going on?? There's photos of you and Myungsoo all over the internet?

Hyung! You need to settle this quick, photos from last night are everywhere ㅠㅠ please make sure my brother doesn't get hurt and you stay safe too

We're screwed, Kim Sunggyu

“.”

Myungsoo stirred and woke up at the sound of the elder cursing under his breath. “What's wrong?”

“Baby, we're ruined. I'm ruined.”

The composer shot up with worried eyes and placed a gentle hand on the singer's knee. “What do you mean?”

“Don't leave the house. I don't know what might happen to you but don't leave. I've gotta go settle some things.” Sunggyu pecked the younger's lips and ran out the door in his pajamas, taking his phone, jacket, and a mask.

Myungsoo, still half asleep looked around in confusion before checking his phone and was given several different links to articles from family members and friends.

 

Is Kim Sunggyu homoual? Spotted locking lips with another man who appears to be his supposed roommate.

The singer was spotted in a restaurant the night of his first win for his new album with family, friends, and a lover?

The two appeared to be very intimate and the singer had initially appeared as if he were proposing to the mysterious man.

With Sunggyu at his peak, this could completely ruin the rest of his career as a celebrity. Reactions from fans go one way or another – either completely repelled or completely supportive.

 

Myungsoo exhaled deeply and flinched when he heard the doorbell of his apartment ring, and was relieved to see that it was his brother and Eunji.

The moment they were let in they hugged him tight and continued to ask if he was okay.

“Sunggyu sent me and Moonsoo just showed up. You okay? Not hurt? You heard his words, you're not leaving here.”

“I'm fine. Thanks for checking. But.. what do you think is going to happen?”

“We’re just going to have to see, but for now we have to keep you from the public eye. Sunggyu’s going to be keeping me posted on how things are going. Your poor boy is probably stressed out more than anyone.”

“What if I ruined his career?”

“Oh, doll, it’s not your fault, it’s not his either, it’s the stupid media and the stupid homophobic country we live in. Don’t worry.”


it's been over a month since i last updated and i'm so extremely sorry for that, school got busier and busier as time went on, and i'm finally on summer break so i'm going to try to write more. i'm also sorry this chapter is short as hell. hope you enjoyed?