칠 (seven)

Infatuation

Train 2062 to Jeonju. Sunggyu had an off day and decided to have visited his family, and asked Myungsoo to come along.

Clad in sunglasses, a hat, and a mask, Sunggyu made his way through the station with his fingers locked between Myungsoo's. The composer wanted to see his face but he knew it was for precautions and he understood that. They took a seat in a secluded area of their train, which resulted in Sunggyu removing his sunglasses and lowering his mask.

“So tell me about your parents.”

“Mom is strict. And overprotective, all she's ever wanted was a child who succeeds and is able to take care of themselves. Dad is conservative and traditional but after a few months he was able to accept me for who I am. Sunkyu noona is married and has a kid, she treats me like a baby how you treat Moonsoo.”

Myungsoo bit his lip in both nervousness and anticipation which proceeded to be soothed by Sunggyu's fingers which gently traced along his hands and arms.

“They'll love you. Don't worry.” He kissed the younger's temple as he slipped his fingers between the other's. “I told them I'd be bringing someone special to me. If they don't like you, I'm fighting for you.”

Myungsoo smiled and whispered “I love you” against the elders lips before proceeding to kiss him gently.

 

Sunggyu sat and watched his lover mess with keys on his computer with a very intricate program he could never understand on the screen. He watched as a satisfied smile drew to the composer's lips. “I'm finished, Gyu.”

“With what?”

“My piece... you wanted to listen to one of my compositions and I've been working on this one for a while and it's especially for you.”

“Really? Why?”

“I started writing it after you left to Korea... I wanted to emulate the feeling of our first meeting and falling in love. I found all sorts of instruments and timbres to make it feel like our first shy meeting in the theatre, up until now...”

Myungsoo removed his earbuds from his ears and put it in the elders, bashfully biting his lips before restarting and playing the piece. Brief moments passed by and he saw how Sunggyu felt the music and the good reaction made his heart beat faster.

As soon as the piece ended, Sunggyu pressed a quick kiss on his lips. “I love it.” Another kiss. “I love you.”

“I need better feedback than that.” He pouted, wanting better feedback than the dumb I love yous that still made his heart flutter even though it wasn't the first time they ever said such things to each other.

“First, the timbres were beautiful and very full, you really focused on that like you said you would. Second of all, somehow you managed to incorporate a feeling of music that I love.”

“It sounds like rock? Really? I thought it sounded all cheesy and gross and you're not into that stuff and..”

“Any of that is okay as long as it's you..”

“How much longer until we're there? I've ran out of things to do and I need a heads up before my nerves come and kick me in the face.”

 

The train came to a stop and Sunggyu slipped his mask back on, a small luggage bag in one hand, Myungsoo's in the other.

“Home's not far from the train station, so we're just walking, if that's okay with you.”

Myungsoo nodded without a word, his nervousness eating him up alive no matter how much Sunggyu attempted to comfort him.

Sunggyu stopped in front of an apartment complex before kissing the crown of Myungsoo's head and leading him to the elevator. Sunggyu squeezed his boyfriend's hand tight when they reached his floor and stood in front of his door. His slender fingers punched in the password and he stepped inside, not letting go of the nervous boy's hand once.

“Stay here. Let me check if anyone's home.” He closed the door behind him and left Myungsoo in the hallway, before going in and inspecting bedrooms and the kitchen and living room. “No one's home. Come in, I'll show you around.”

Myungsoo took timid steps toward the inside of Sunggyu's house and was welcomed by a loving hand. “Welcome to the Kim household. I can't say this is where I grew up, because I wasn't raised very wealthy but we're back somewhere nice and I hope to get my parents a nice house or flat one day...”

“You don't seem like you grew up unwealthy.”

“Things aren't really what they seem.” Sunggyu chuckled. “When I was a kid we had to stay at a friend's house because we didn't have a home. It's a reason my parents didn't really support my musical career because they wanted me to make good money to nurse us back to wealth. Luckily my sister works as a dentist and they get paid a lot, and I'm doing my best to give some money to my family as well.”

“This is my room. It's not much but it's always been my safe haven.” Myungsoo admired how well his room represented his personality, but jumped when he heard the ringing of an opening door.

“Kim Sunggyu! I can't believe you're already here and you don't even bother to sit and wait to greet me.” A female voice called, and Sunggyu couldn't help the smile on his face when he heard the voice he grew up with. “Your baby girl misses you too.”

Sunggyu ruffled the hair of the younger, “come on, kiddo. Sunkyu noona will love you.”

“Baby girl?”

“My niece, don't freak out, I don't have any kids that are under my own sister's custody.” Sunggyu walked out and made sure the composer was following behind him, walking toward his older sister with open arms.

She engulfed him in a hug and he felt tiny arms wrap around his legs as well. “My baby brother, I'm so proud of you. You've come so far, Gyu. So handsome and popular, everyone's fawning over my baby brother.” She squealed.

He felt a tug at his leg again and pulled away from his sister to pick up his niece. “Hello beautiful girl. You've gotten even more beautiful since I last saw you, huh? Give me a kiss.” The little girl pecked her uncle on the lips, and Myungsoo felt his heart warm at the sight of Sunggyu being so close with his family.

“Noona,” he turned his body to face Myungsoo but looked at his sister, “this is Kim Myungsoo, my boyfriend.”

“This is the special someone you were talking about? He's so handsome, Gyu. You scored! I could never see you with a guy like him.”

“I wonder that too. He's more than I could ask for.”

“Is Gyu treating you well? He better or I'll kill him, and I'm not joking,”

“Why noona, do you not care if he's not treating me well? That's not fair, I'm your brother.”

“Of course I care, but you're strong, idiot. Myungsoo is like a baby, I just want to nurture him forever.”

Myungsoo blushed furiously as the comforting arms of his lover's older sister wrapped around his shoulder, walking him to the couch.

“Anyway, welcome to the family... Sunggyu has never brought anyone home so if he's bringing you home that means he must really like you. Sunggyu's a really cheesy romantic guy, he believes in soul mates and has always said I'll bring someone home when I know they're my soulmate. And here we are.”

“Uncle, who's that?”

“That? That's Uncle Soo.”

The door signaled its opening again and Myungsoo felt himself tense again, causing Sunkyu to laugh too loud for his liking. “Nervous? It's okay. Mom and Dad are very accepting.”

Sunggyu found himself being showered in kisses by his mother and his heart swelling by the thousands of compliments his father and mother told him. After being bombarded with love, he found his seat next to Myungsoo with his princess still in his arms (who was struggling to go into her newfound uncle's arms).

“You must be the Myungsoo that our Sunggyu doesn't shut up about.”

“Moom…” Sunggyu whined (which Myungsoo found extremely adorable, by the way), and his cheeks were evidently flushed and Myungsoo laughed a bit, feeling better with the continuous jokes that his family made, Sunggyu was teased a lot, but he was glad that his family was being very easygoing in order to soothe the tension in the younger.

“In all honesty though, Sunggyu really never stops talking about you. He must really like you a lot to be able to talk freely to his family about how adorable you were that night or how he really wished you could meet us as soon as possible instead of actually asking how our lives are going. I guess it’s kind of like you’re family too, huh.”

“Sunggyu said you were very conservative Mr.Kim-”

“Call me dad, and Sunggyu said that to scare you. I’m a bit traditional but I’ll love anyone my Sunggyu loves as long as he is respectful and makes my son happy.”

“Dad…”

“What is it?”

“Nothing.. it’s just that word has never been comfortable on my tongue before. It feels almost foreign? When I use the word it’s usually nothing but a chore - and, oh I’m sorry I’m going on about my life..” Myungsoo felt Sunggyu’s long fingers grasp his hand.

“Let my dad be yours. It’s okay, Soo. He’ll be the father figure that you’ve always needed,” Sunggyu said in a hushed tone.

“As long as you’re with Sunggyu, we’d love to know everything about you, Myungsoo. We wanna know what made you crazy enough to date this dork of a brother I have. Don’t hold back.”

 

Myungsoo found himself at the dinner table with Sunggyu’s family, laughing and talking, occasionally slipping in something about his life. If only Moonsoo and Mom could be here. It would really feel right then.

“When Sunggyu came out I remember he sat the four of us down..”

“Four?”

“My husband, he’s going to come home soon too, so you can meet him.”

“Oh..”

“He sat us down, right here. Poor baby was such a nervous thing, he kept hesitating and I knew what he was gonna say but I knew he was going to feel like a failure if I said it for him so I held back. What older sibling can’t read their younger sibling?”

Myungsoo nodded in agreement, thinking of Moonsoo and how transparent the boy was to him. “It took Dad a while to come around, but the moment he had said those two words he began crying, apologizing and saying he was scared we wouldn’t love him anymore. It’s just crazy, isn’t it? How does a person stop loving their family just because of one thing that doesn’t even change them as a person? I just stood and hugged him and told him I would love him no matter who he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. I hope you know, Myungsoo, that even if we’ve just met you, we all love you so much and you can come to us with anything.”

Myungsoo smiled and nodded and felt a squeeze on his hand and found Sunggyu smiling at him with that beautiful smile on his face that made his heart beat out of his chest. “Myungsoo, you must be exhausted from eating so much, I think they’re trying to put you into a food coma, come on, I’ll take you to the bedroom so you can nap.”

“Use protection!” Sunggyu heard his sister yell at his back and the rest of his family burst into laughter, including himself, but all Myungsoo did was blush furiously. He shut his bedroom door behind him and immediately captured the younger’s lips in his. “They kept hoarding you, I was literally dying, Soo. I just wanted you all to myself but they wouldn’t stop talking.” Sunggyu mumbled against Myungsoo’s neck. He rested his nose in the crook of the younger’s neck and hands on his waist.

“I came here to sleep, not be ravaged by a vampire.”

He felt the older’s pout on his neck but the singer still laid him on the bed and covered him with the blankets. “Sleep. Today’s been long. I’ll wake you up when noona’s husband arrives.”

 

Myungsoo’s eyes opened at the soft kisses that were being pressed on his neck lovingly. “Wake up baby, he’s here.”

The composer sat up and rubbed his eyes, throwing the blankets off his body to stand up and stretch.

“Noona’s husband is a year older than you, don’t you think that’s funny? They met around 4 years ago and bam, marriage and a kid in the same year.”

“How much older is Sunkyu noona to you?”

“3 years, so they’re 5 years apart.”

“Whoa.”

 

Sunggyu opened the door and let Myungsoo walk out first, who found his way to the living room where he found a familiar face.

“Yeol?” His eyebrows knitted together in confusion when he saw his childhood best friend sitting in the living room of his boyfriend’s household.

“Myungsoo? What are you doing here? You disappeared like 3 years ago..?”

“Yeah… I came to visit Mom, Moonsoo, and Sunggyu…”

“You know Sunggyu hyung?” and “You know Sungyeol?” came out simultaneously from Sungyeol and Sunggyu’s sister’s mouth.

Sunggyu entered and scrunched his face at the puzzled looks on his boyfriend’s and brother-in-law’s faces.

“You never told me you got married.”

“You disappeared and left no note, Soo. I couldn’t. Why are you here, though?”

“I’m uh, dating Sunggyu.”

Sunggyu’s sister blinked her eyes slowly. “Wait a second, can you clear things up, maybe? Sunggyu and I are really really confused.”

“Sungyeol and I have known each other since we were kids, and our brothers are best friends-”

“Boyfriends,”

Myungsoo swore he choked on his own saliva and began to cough loudly to revive his breathing. When he could finally breathe again, he spoke up. “Okay, so you’re telling me that my childhood best friend is married to my boyfriend’s older sister and our brothers are dating? Okay. Okay. Just give me a moment for all of that to sink in.”

A pregnant silence engulfed the room.

“Okay.. I think I’m good now.”

“Well I guess there’s no need for introductions.”

“Wait so is it legal if you two get married and so do Dae and Moon?” Sungyeol asked while drawing an invisible diagram in the air.

“Does anyone really care?”

“Yes, Myungsoo! Don’t be such a killjoy.”

“You’re the same even as a married man.”


slightly pointless chapter, but i had to end it with some humor because i couldnt just have sungyeol and make it all dramatic, you know? anyway, i  wanted to announce something i'm super excited for, if you like any of my work or have read anything other than this, you'd notcie that i'm more of a oneshot writer and this is really my only chaptered story that i've been consistent with updating, and i'd like to let you know that i'm working on a new chaptered fic that i'll be updatiing consistently along with this one.

for the longest time i've wanted to write someething of the fantasy au, and i finally got started on it and im more than excited. it's going to be myungjong central with side gyuyeol and woosoo, and ahhh i received a very big boost on gettting it started from one of my really good friends and yeah, okay

see you whenever i finish the next chapter?