일 (one)

Infatuation

The composer wasn't much of a musical theatre person. He much rather enjoyed listening to albums and movie osts, sometimes concerts for music inspiration.

He was a professor in the music majors and enjoyed playing his music while his students diligently worked on their music theory or instruments or whatever they took interest in as a music student.

Lately he had run out of ideas and new compositions to play, and there weren't any good albums out, and he didn't really feel like looking into local concerts or movies. So he decided he should give musical theatre a shot.

    

He was awfully confused at first, considering a Korean musical was coming to Japan, but he wanted to go anyway, he missed Korea and wanted a little bit of home in him.

The musical was called “Dracula”. It caught Myungsoo's (the composer) eyes the most because he always had some sort of interest in vampires, and one of the guys on the poster was breathtakingly hot. (Not that he would admit that.)

He sat down in the theatre with the intent of paying heed to the music and all its layers and all the things that make up good music.

The musical began and he listened intently for the opening music — just the music itself, no melody, no singing. His ears perked when he heard a particularly wonderful voice, Dammit Myungsoo, the music, not the boy.

 

He opened his eyes to find the man who was singing expecting some unattractive, 40 year old man (since most really talented people were old and unattractive [at least, in Myungsoo's head] in the theatre business). The composer suddenly found himself unable to properly listen to the music when he spotted the man on stage, his heartbeat irregular and beating a mile a minute.

And in that moment Myungsoo fell in love with the man on stage, singing a story of a thousand words with his powerful voice.

 

He had to meet that man. Not that he wanted to, but he needed to meet him. He needed to know who could possibly be such a beautiful human being as him. Black hair with a purple tint swept just above his eyes like crescent moons. Lips painted a light pink and delicately filled in, a not exactly slim body but shaped and the perfect size for him to wrap his arms around. And , he just had to be dressed in red (red looked so hot on the man, Myungsoo thought), making the composer think thoughts that shouldn't even be thought about a (hot) stranger.

He didn't know why his blood boiled whenever the man's lips met with the female lead's, his small, delicate hands placed in the contours of her lower back, lips opening for short breaths, but never parting. He's not yours, so why are you so angry?

Myungsoo found himself in a state of pure bliss whenever the singer opened his mouth to sing. He swore he loved him (though, it did seem ridiculous that he fell in “love” with this man on stage).

 

When the musical ended, Myungsoo felt too weak in the knees so he just sat there until he figured he'd be kicked out. Or maybe he could watch the next show. If there is one.

He sighed, knowing this was the last of this man that he would see before he and the cast returned to korea, closing his eyes and picturing the beautiful man.

           The composer heard someone clear his throat and he nearly fell out of his seat, eyes jolting open.

 

“I'm sorry, did I scare you?” The voice said in broken Japanese.

“No,” Myungsoo replied back. “But I'm Korean.. you don't need to speak to me in Japanese.” He looked up and met eyes with the voice that scared him, noticing it was the (hot) guy on stage in much cuter form. His makeup was completely removed and he was dressed in a plain black hoodie and jeans, eyes sparkling under the dim theatre lights.

“Ah.. I was just wondering if you were going to leave. The theatre is closing up in a bit, that last show was our last one for the day.”

“Y-you did really great up there.” Myungsoo forced the choked up words out of his throat.

The singer's lips curved upwards into a bright smile, eyes smiling along with it, a pink tint filling his cheeks. “Thanks... this was my first musical... so it means a lot.”

“Have you gone around Japan yet? Everything here is so beautiful.”

“No.. not really. We had shows running until midnight sometimes, so I never got the time to go around. Fortunately we're out early today. Have you gone around?”

Myungsoo chuckled. “Of course I have, I know this place thick and thin, in and out, considering I live here. Would you like me to show you around?”

“Well I'm not that tired... and it doesn't hurt to have someone who actually knows what they're doing. So... uh.. why not?”

Myungsoo stood from his seat and walked outside of the isle he was in, slowly walking, waiting for the man to catch up to him.

“I-is it okay if we grab something to eat first? I'm kind of hungry... singing is exhausting.” The man's lips formed into a pout, looking very shy in Myungsoo's eyes and embarrassed about how hungry he was.

“Of course we can. I know a place you'll love. My treat.”

“A-are you sure? I-I mean we just met and I feel like you paying for my meal is too much... I don't even know your name.”

“Kim Myungsoo, now you know.” The composer replied, coaxing the singer to follow him, and hurry up or they wouldn't be able to get a seat.

“I'm Sunggyu. Kim.”

“Cute.” Myungsoo mumbled to himself, resisting the urge to just intertwine his fingers with Sunggyu's (God, now that Myungsoo knew his name he was even more in love) and drag him out of there so they could go eat and go around Japan.

“Did you say something?” Sunggyu raised an eyebrow (or both, incapable to do one at a time) at Myungsoo, who shook his head with a slight smile on his face.

“Let's go.”

 

Myungsoo played with his food as he watched Sunggyu inhale his food as if he hadn't eaten in days. “So how long are you in Japan?”

“Musical wise, 2 more days. But they gave us an extra 5 for exploring.” Sunggyu replied, mouth full (and becoming fuller).

    “Do you plan on going with anyone in those 5 days? Perhaps someone who can fluently speak Japanese, can show you all the good spots in Japan, but also speaks Korean so he can explain everything to you...”

“You come off strong, kid.” The singer replied, swallowing his mouthful of food.

“Kid? I'm not a kid. I'm a grown adult, for your information. And, I might be older, you know.”

Sunggyu laughed loudly, throwing his head back in bliss. “If anything, I'm probably older. You look like 16.”

“My face is just young. My age is not. I'm 23.”

“So you're still in school? I'm 26.”

“Somewhat still in school.” Myungsoo replied, finally putting his food into his mouth, done being infatuated as how cute Sunggyu looked when he ate.

“Somewhat? Do you ditch or something. Never ditch school!”

“I've never ditched school once, for your information. I'm a professor.”

           “At 23? Did you graduate school at like 16 or something? What do you teach?”

“I teach the music kids. I've loved music my whole life, I didn't go to your musical just to go. I needed inspiration for a new composition. I play my music for my kids while they work. They seem to enjoy it and they're sick of all my old music. I need new ones.”

“Looks like me and my tour guide have something in common. Makes it a lot easier when you’re compatible with someone you’ll be stuck with for five days.”

Myungsoo scrunched up his nose in confusion, looking at Sunggyu with a puzzled look plastered on his face.

“Music, and I’m taking up your offer, kid. You’re cut- interesting,” he cleared his throat, “It makes me want to spend more time with you, and what better way to do so than showing me around?”

Myungsoo’s eyes lit up and he quickly called over the waitress to ask for the bill, excited for the adventures ahead of him and Sunggyu. Maybe he’d get to get the singer to fall for him in five days.

Sunggyu thought the same.


hi its me again oh look me and the myunggyu typical me. this ones going to be chaptered this time!!!! i'm going to try to update every thursday, if not thursday, saturday (hopefully i'll be consistent this time) beccause i've been bursting with ideas after a year long writers block :) i hope you enjoy this (even if i'll probably have only 5 readers lol) i hope you enjoyed all the snarky comments of mine, me being me, and i look forward to writing more